• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Elysium's Sydney Tournaments: TITLE TOO LAZY TO EDIT - TED

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
I read your post, just hadn't bothered replying yet =P

His upsmash can kill, though later than his other kill moves. Also ICs have some decent vertical kill moves which you DIed well.

I'm pretty sure you can't shield reflect phantasm, which is why I didn't try. I might be wrong though, maybe I should test it =P

Mirror shielding from ledge... yea I probably do that too much. It does actually block physical attacks, but only if they hit the shield itself. That usmash hit me from underneath, meaning the shield didn't help.

Why Delphino? Why not? I could just as logically ask you why Pictochat. I guess the main reason I'll give you is "Because PS2 isn't legal" =P (I CPed that stage a number of times in Wollongong)

iKiLLOTz

Smash Journeyman
Why Delphino? Why not? I could just as logically ask you why Pictochat. I guess the main reason I'll give you is "Because PS2 isn't legal" =P (I CPed that stage a number of times in Wollongong)
but Pictochat is the single greatest stage of all time

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
Bah, the treadmills are the only bad transformation. I like the other ones =)

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
It's still not as bad as Brinstar or Rainbow Cruise. Also it doesn't have that annoying PS1 edge lip. Hate that lip sooooo much

escro

Smash Ace
yea i never understood why rainbow cruise is a leagl stage...
brinstar is kinda meh imo the lava gets annoying but it helps with recoveries a bit so w/e

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I don't think it matters too much as long as we have one but not the other. Also Brinstar is way better than PS2.

luxingo

Smash Journeyman
Well I chose Pictochat because it had a nice long flat platform, which is good for falco, and cos I couldn't pick the other ones that had that. It was also good against Pit because he couldn't go underneath it.

Anyway, PS2 has way too many disruptive elements, like the slippery ice and especially the low gravity. I enjoy playing on it though. Sliding ike fsmash?

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
sliding a smash doesn't make the hitbox bigger, nor the duration longer. why do people keep using that example?

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
you normally don't have to sacrifice your ground control to gain a dacus...

luxingo

Smash Journeyman
How is a sliding fsmash a sacrifice of ground control? I can control whether I slide or not: C-stick for no slide and dash -> A or C-stick for slide.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I was referring to the whole ground game.
Ice does make Ike's fsmash slightly better, but I don't see how it's worth it at all.

luxingo

Smash Journeyman
It's not. I'm just saying that a sliding fsmash is an advantage of the slippery surface, not that the surface is a good thing altogether. That's one of the reasons PS2 is banned after all.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Hmm, I may have misinterpreted that comment as stage defence then, my bad.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
With MK's removal I -kinda- don't see much reason behind removing Brinstar -
It's possible with the likes of Wario, G&W, etc; but hell, I don't believe we've seen it yet here (nor universally anywhere else (bar MK) either).

When it comes to Rainbow Cruise, bar perhaps ICs, all the high tier characters have viable game play there and we've seen success from several characters against each other and even Meta Knight. I think people have wised up to how powerful a stage is with near permanent platform cancelling abilities is like (tl;dr wave dashing in brawl), and various nuances of stage transitions that cause "plays" and excitement.

I'd love to see Rainbow Cruise see more play; maybe ted would be up to running my brawl ruleset idea. My first stage? Better watch out for my PS2, Brinstar and Rainbow Cruise - and I'd ban your frikken frigate (did I say bans were allowed before? I don't remember)

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Why is/was Brinstar banned? I always assumed it was because MK could do something anal there but I don't know what it is specifically.

Also, why is Picto legal? People don't think the hazards are too influential? They seem pretty polarizing to me, but I don't play at a high level so it may be different at that level.

:phone:

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Brinstar is legal.

Pictochat isn't as bad as you'd think, although I think the general shift of opinion has become more and more negative over time.

tedeth

Smash Master
Sup nubs.

Who wants to come to Wintersmash in QLD and **** some face?

It would be a great experience for anyone who hasn't been out of state before, and a great time ofc for those who have. :)

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
I'll consider it. Planning to go see a friend in Melbourne this July, so been talking to the Melbourne smashers about what's happening then. Two OoS tourneys in one month can't hurt, right? =D

Where/when is it held exactly?

EDIT: Oh, with my last exam on the arvo of the 29th, I'd probably better not. Preparing for a smash tourney would not mix well with maths study. Plus there would be the matter of having a small window on Friday evening with which to get there.

escro

Smash Ace
sounds amazing, if it fits my schedule time-wise since no idea what im doing next month apart from a bday on the 29th, id be very interested in tagging along
there's no skill level requirement right? =P

escro

Smash Ace
err, no. i have a friend's bday on that day, not mine, sorry for the confusion
mine isnt till october =)

which is usually exam period for uni and highschool...
D=

Gords

Smash Champion
im definitely up for it and if i can get the right days off ill definitely be up for a road trip. also this is the week after the weekend i want my weekend meet, good timing. with my meet i still need to check if my room mate still has exams on during that time.

Zxv

Smash Lord
Sup nubs.

Who wants to come to Wintersmash in QLD and **** some face?

It would be a great experience for anyone who hasn't been out of state before, and a great time ofc for those who have. :)
I am all for this. I feel like a good OoS tournament, with a chance to play with non NSW high level smashers would be amazing. Been too long since I've seen the likes of Dekar or Zac or SD

roadtrip..?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_-e_iSFE6g

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Yours truely will be at wintersmash which is worth the trip in itself.

Also I plan on running a project M tourney.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
maybe hold that thought
and start thinking about melbourne... early july....

Top Bottom