• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Elysium's Sydney Tournaments: TITLE TOO LAZY TO EDIT - TED

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I would say 200 Minimum if you can get housing with someone and not go overboard with meals and extra expenses. (keeping in mind if this is only the weekend stay, It might cost you extra if you're staying more than 3 nights.)

If you're booking a hotel, then it'll probably get expensive. Around 400-500 probably. Unless you pitch in a hotel with a couple of people and not have to pay over 100 bucks a night.

I would take 500 with me just in-case there was some sort of emergency and I needed to leave earlier or whatever situation it is. But I'd consider that amount a safe deal.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Best way to get good flight deals is using the price match promotion jetstar has. Or there's also Tiger too, but its pretty unreliable and flights get canceled most of the time.

Wish I could lose some weight too, but being a sweet tooth sucks >_>.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Best way to get good flight deals is using the price match promotion jetstar has. Or there's also Tiger too, but its pretty unreliable and flights get canceled most of the time.

Wish I could lose some weight too, but being a sweet tooth sucks >_>.
Leisha, you don't need to lose weight you silly sausage! :-D

I have a huge sweet tooth as well, any chance you could bring some Skittles to the next tourny and we'll share them? :p

Gords

Smash Champion
flights to brisbane are usually cheap, $60-80 one way but you need to buy early for that. unfortunately though july is a busy year as it is the winter holidays so they can get expensive quickly, like 150+.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
60-80 is still fairly expensive in comparison to flying to other states though, I think that's what ted meant.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Well I ended up going on the greyhound bus.
It cost $300 for return which was good but I did not like sitting at the Brisbane bus terminal for 3 hours both ways =/

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
It's usually costly to book Queensland flights if you don't book well in advance due to it being a popular holiday destination.

:phone:
lol not many people go to Longreach unless you get country people visiting the stockmans hall of fame or plane people visiting the QANTAS museum or if you become a AG collage student.

Places like cairns, townsville etc get more people but when I looked those two places were cheaper.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Btw, anyone who wants to come along to the SMASH convention (so far it sounds like me ricky, ted, escro & ea?) you should book your tickets online before it closes off. Not only its cheaper, it helps us avoid the massive line of people buying tickets lol.

I'll probably grab mine soonish.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
To play project M you need a wii with an NTSC brawl disc (I don't know how to play it through USB loader... I couldn't get it to work with USB loader's "ocarina" activation)

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Btw, anyone who wants to come along to the SMASH convention (so far it sounds like me ricky, ted, escro & ea?) you should book your tickets online before it closes off. Not only its cheaper, it helps us avoid the massive line of people buying tickets lol.
fun story: last time I went I didn't prebook and I literally got there and walked right in cause apparently literally everyone else prebooked and the door paying line was totally empty. saw summoner waiting in the prebook line as I walked in. fun times.

but yeh I should probs prebook lol.

Gords

Smash Champion
To play project M you need a wii with an NTSC brawl disc (I don't know how to play it through USB loader... I couldn't get it to work with USB loader's "ocarina" activation)
its like any other brawl code set, just replace the files in your SD card with those from the download.

So when's the next tournament/meet? I wants to play and gets Project M :D
if you havent got it before the next tourney i could get it set up for you, next tourney will probs be the weekend of the 22nd july, but this is not confirmed yet.

fun story: last time I went I didn't prebook and I literally got there and walked right in cause apparently literally everyone else prebooked and the door paying line was totally empty. saw summoner waiting in the prebook line as I walked in. fun times.

but yeh I should probs prebook lol.
that story is hilarious, should i even buy a ticket online. i want to laugh at you guys as i walk by.

I'll probably grab mine soonish.
i should be good to go, can you give me the links so i can book my ticket.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I find it amusing how people don't know how to google anymore in an age where basically every single electronic device ever is connected to google.

Gords

Smash Champion
Well call me artosis, but I can think of better things, than googling something someone I know can tell me, to do with my 10min on the CPUs.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
well I made a point of it because it's something i've been noticing a lot recently, it's not just that post. anyway, it's not like your only chance to do this is on your work break.

luxingo

Smash Journeyman
You're artosis. I think that's a SC reference but I have no idea what it means.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'm in Sydney tonight through to Monday.

Want to play Project M with someone. Also, ZXV, I have your cash.

0421-511-394

/shady

Gords

Smash Champion
I believe people are going to be at Feds Thursday and Friday nights, we are going to the smash anime expo saturday in which afterwards people are welcome to come back to my place and stay till monday

JNuts

Smash Cadet
I will also be at SMASH, but I won't be able to do anything afterwards. Wouldn't mind some smash 64 freeplay though!

Also, is the tournament the weekend after this still happening?

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
I wish the tourney had happened. =(

tedeth

Smash Master
Don';t worry RJ. Stuff is in the works to have a tourney in the next few weeks featuring #1 and #2 from Melbourne's melee scene.

Hopefully that happens.

Top Bottom