• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Boost: REBOOT - Sunday, the 11th of September 2011

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
good attitude towards schooling gopo also ill see all you guys there and sam please have an extra spot for me in your car on the way back as i'll be coming to spoon with you etc

obviously go to the tournament, its one day of school unless your parents will **** your soul or something if they find out.

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
I know how you feel, for me money is the issue. I can't even afford my proper train fare, I get the junior then BAM! I get busted, I should get a job to compensate for my super free time after finishing school forever.

gopobox

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, can someone tell me how much a child ticket from westmead to mascot return during peak hour on a monday morning cost... Its gonna cost me like 10000000000 dollars.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
The weekend was not free.

And the "Pre-SQUAT" tournament was required, I suppose.
I'm sorry Unreon, it's always a shame I don't get to see you.

However weekday tournaments may be a semi-norm throughout the summer period.
To the majority students (i.e. myself) they almost feel more relaxed to me, weird.
But I'll still try to run them on a Sunday.

I believe I'll try run another on the 20th of December.

-

Also, with public transport being UBER on WEEKDAYS:
Just catch a train to central.
From central the 309/310 come by STRAIGHT TO THE DOOR.
And they run every 5 seconds. BELIEVE IT.

(Look up the other routes on the first page/post FOR SOME PROTIPS)

Pirate.

Smash Apprentice
Hey Gopo how are u gonna explain getting home at like 6-8? haha. IMO it's not worth the risk of getting caught for skipping (jigging?wtf), and then getting grounded/banned from going out or coming to any subsequent tournaments over the holidays :laugh:. Just come to the next one.

Rusty Falco isnt even a thing... lazers, phantasm, broken jab, and chaingrab, kwin.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
But getting that kill move :'(

Edit: Unless their options over 100% from the ledge are so terrible that you can see what they're doing and still hit them with an fsmash before they can shield.

FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRK MARTH.

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
Hmm. . . Spiking with Falco is pretty fun though, Fox's DACUS too.

Although I still have more fun with Falco.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Gopo,

For the sake of clarification, I can't really support you jigging school.
I'm the "responsible adult" thing.

If you're not too far away from school to Mascot, perhaps rush on down after school.
You'd be able to sneak in friendlies.
Wise Pirate. is Wise.

Pirate.

Smash Apprentice
Yay for responsible adults :p. I'm quite sure Iso and I are coming to the tourney on the 7th btw.

Fox has been like the most consistently ownage char between all the smash games right? :laugh:

Atilla are any of your matches from japan uploaded?

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Yay for responsible adults :p. I'm quite sure Iso and I are coming to the tourney on the 7th btw.

Fox has been like the most consistently ownage char between all the smash games right? :laugh:

Atilla are any of your matches from japan uploaded?
*attila

none of them were recorded (un)fortunately. no one will ever discover how to beat me now!

mwhahaha

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Attila, you'll have to tell me all about the Japanese scene next time I see you. <3

Pikachu. Fox high in 1, Pika high in 2? Since Fox moved up in 64 recently though it's pretty even. :/ (still would say pika though)

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
Gopo,

For the sake of clarification, I can't really support you jigging school.
I'm the "responsible adult" thing.

If you're not too far away from school to Mascot, perhaps rush on down after school.
You'd be able to sneak in friendlies.
Wise Pirate. is Wise.
he can do whatever the fk he wants you're not responsible for him not going to school the kid does what he wants.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
Attila, you'll have to tell me all about the Japanese scene next time I see you. <3

Pikachu. Fox high in 1, Pika high in 2? Since Fox moved up in 64 recently though it's pretty even. :/ (still would say pika though)
fox is apparently king of 64 king of melee and mid in brawl or something

pika is like high then midlow then like high

Zero

Smash Hero
Pretty hillarious how they made their tier list ENTIRELY through theorycraft (lol S64 tournaments). That's Smashboards for you, I guess. Trailblazers of stupidity.

Melancholy

Smash Ace
Ness being low tier is a bit of a joke. He *****/***** in 64.
But there are a lot of S64 online tournaments I think. But not that many offline as far as I know.

Gords

Smash Champion
Ok very high chance that i will be coming down this weekend, and will be at the tournament.

@Tim/Sam
I hear that tim is holding a meet on the sunday. Definately interested in going to that as well. need some smash practice, especially after last weekends experience. If at all possible is it ok to stay the sunday night and get a lift to boost with either one of you two.
I will be training it down and can get off at broadmeadow, although off memory i think the train arrives in broad meadow at some rediculus hour of the morning like 4am or something, so maybe not the best idea. alternatively i could come down the sat night where the train arrives around 7pm-ish.
anyways ill need to know soon so i book tickets as they fill up fast around this time of year and esp. being a weekend.

@EA
depending on tim/sam's response to the above will determine is i will be at yours to help with TVs, etc.
also off topic, iZACing is possible with everyone, was doing with diddy and his bananas at the last queensland tourney and it will work well in his game. not only that but i was also pulling it off with snakes back air although his airiels are to slow so he ends up blowing himself up with his own grenade, lol. Pity that was the only thing i was able to do that day. coudnt even get the basics consistant like reverse bs.:(

@Foxy
are you going to be able to make it to this tourney?

@gopo
in regards to jigging school, my opinion is that if you cant pull it of with certainty that you will be busted then a smash tourney is worth the risk especailly when there will be other opportunities for smash. If boost 7 runs anything like the other recent boosts then you will have to explain to your parents why you were kept in detention till 9:30pm or similar lame excuse.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Gords - Not showing the night before is fine, I mainly need help with getting the TV Shaya has back to mine afterwards. Also haha I love how you brought this up without me even asking this time, <3 yooo. ALSO, I dunno, I couldn't get it with Diddy, maybe that was cause he was falling though. We should hang out Tuesday or something, now I know you're coming down. :B

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
actually there are quite a few tricks snake can do with izac, and you have enough time to not get blown up.
alternativly you can get blown up on purpose for various different situations.

Gords

Smash Champion
Yeah I expected that there would be some tricks snake could iZAC for but it actually took me quite a while to get the back air working and i only got it a couple times. Me and jbirds were testing it, well talking about it, I was doing the testing. The time difference from jump to drop button is way slow so all the iZACs were shirt hops and snakes back air lagged heaps on landing so the grenade blew up. But I suspect there to be some full hop options. Maybe Nair to Grenade. Don't know whet exists.

And EA, I could probably help you on the Monday night with the TV although I don't know if I will be able to stay long on Tuesday. I may have to leave early since I have things to do at hike before I go back to Queensland.
If I am able to stay on Sunday night though I think it wise that we don't take a tv each that way we will have the man power to ake all tvs home.

gopobox

Smash Journeyman
Uhmmm....

Just to make things clear...
I'm a year 9 kid and next monday would be the last monday of school i think..... (i think..)
I go to fort street high school which is in freaking petersham... like 10 minutes from central i think.
I live in westmead which is like 45 minutes from central i think.
I jigged school today and i think a teacher found out...
If I get owned by jigging today, then I won't jig otherwise.
Fk it I'll just come...
As for getting home late.... Not sure but I'll think up an excuse.
And I get FSN from Andrew. And harisson won't be the youngest one there which always makes me happy ^^

Also Fox's usmash is BROKEN!!!!

Gords

Smash Champion
Less thinking more doing.

And yes petersham is close to central. What time wouod you finish school if you don't jigg because if you don't jigg you can come afterwards. I would say it will take about a half hour to get to the venue by buses.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
dude..
kirby is broken 64 character
then ness.
then everyone else gets ***** except isai's falcon

shirt hops lol
its a better tech than snot lodging

oh yes nice tourny name if its named after "you got boost power" from fzero. if not shameless boost juice advertising *sad face* bubble tea better.. i am not even asian and i said it Ooo Ooo

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
oh yes nice tourny name if its named after "you got boost power" from fzero. if not shameless boost juice advertising *sad face* bubble tea better.. i am not even asian and i said it Ooo Ooo
It's called Boost cause when the series started Sydney was in need of a boost to our tourney scene, if I remember correct.

lolhistory

Top Bottom