• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Boost: REBOOT - Sunday, the 11th of September 2011

C~Dog

Smash Champion
My Girlfriend
I wish

Nah, it's Vanessa Hudgens - she was in the tremendously successful high school musical franchise, starring as the sickly sweet braniac, Gabriella Montez. She has since launched a solo singing career and is currently continuing to pursue film opportunities, starring in movies such as Bandslam and Suckerpunch.

Oh and I wub her <3
Did you copy that summary of wikipedia or something?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
SD - Don't worry, I tried, because you're amazing and I want to help you win Rocky. I'm too old to be a competitive gamer now and I can't press C-stick down as fast as I used to, according to Korea. A pity the recordings were botched, because I liked the sets too. Nice to see you pull out Marth (it's like you pull out something new every month), but I'm comfortable with the matchup. Don't forget to refine your Ice Climbers, because I think that'll make it for you in Rocky, amongst your other solid characters.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Woo!

S.D - Megas thanks dude, I put a lot of work into it so it's nice to see it pay off. :3 The best part about it is that IC/Diddy is a matchup I absolutely hate, I feel so helpless in it, Diddy is half the reason I picked up MK; and yet it was your Diddy I beat with ICs. :D But enough of that, you're an awesome player and you humiliated me in the 3-way tiebreaker, you made me feel silly for thinking I had a chance against you regardless of who you used.

Gords - Holy ****, you were super on form yesterday, I was having WAY more trouble with you than I normally do. Sorry if I was being a bit rude while/after I played you, it was just because they were unexpectedly involved matches, so please take it as a compliment. :3 I'm gonna have to put in that much more work now!

Luke - Thanks for teaching me the Snake matchup, I feel like I definitely know what I'm doing now rather than just buzzing around slashing **** in the hopes of overwhelming you. xD With a little practice I'm sure I can deal with Snake better now. As a side note, focussing on this also helped me deal with the absolute **** S.D laid down on me earlier. :3 Get 4ever Sa5m *****?

Iso/Leish - Thanks for putting up with me as your impromptu team partners! I had fun, and in both cases we performed better than I was expecting. :)

I need to have more faith in my main. D:

Gords

Smash Champion
watch yourself arrow, they are pretty legit, although a difference style of commentary to you and DJ, or qld commentary in general

gopobox

Smash Journeyman
Me going to gold coast...

zzzz

T_T

Sorry EA about not coming to tourney for doubles.
I got owned by my parents on saturday as i was covered in mud and two hours late... they even told me to walk home in the hardcore rain T_T...

swordsaint

Smash Master
just a couple of late shoutouts i feel are necessary

ted, congrats, ***** me as usual

meteor for being so on top of his game on sunday and knocking me out

SD, had me on the ropes and probably would've won if not for an accidental side B straight in to an up smash

iso for being so fun to watch, fastest (brawl) player i know, good seeing you again after so long

gords for being in top form and nearly taking out cao

liam for beating cao

and cao for putting up with the sydney bull**** they heckle everyone with, top notch restraint in not stabbing them :)

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Shoutouts time, better late than never.

S.D : Obviously I have to mention you first because our commentating was so fun. I think the best ones were the melee doubles final and the match on battle field (I think it was Shaya vs. Ted in the winners final, not the grand final). Yeah you smashed us in the doubles final you are too good at that game. Our brawl matches were pretty close your Diddy Kong is very good. You should come over to our place in the uni holidays, you can teach me and Toby how to play melee and we can impart our brawl knowledge onto you although I think you understand the game really well you just need some more practice which we can provide.

Meteor: The DK vs Ness matches were just weird, hopefully some of them were recorded, especially the one on Delfion lol. I like the part where I jumped into your recovery like three times on FD. You smashed my meta knight pretty hard especially on Cruise which was a bit sad, nice work though. We should have beaten Luke and Ted in doubles but oh well.

Luke: I think you’re getting better at fighting DK as I found the matches this tournament quite a bit harder, except for the first one lol. But yeah always fun playing against you.

Ted: Didn’t play you much but your wolf smashed my DK, the MK match was much closer however. Nice work winning again. You pwnd on japes. Also japes should not be banned.

Shaya: Didn’t get to play you except in doubles, nice work organising the tournament the venue is great and so close to home.

Unreon: Melee doubles was awesome our team was cool. Nice choice on the restaurant as well it was really good.

Caotic: You were pretty good at brawl our matches were pretty close, I probably would have been better off playing DK but as I didn’t know the match-up I thought good old broken meta knight would be the safer bet. Nice work winning melee.

Turtle: You smashed me so bad in melee it was funny. The doubles final was mad fun as well.

Leisha: Doubles was fun especially when Scott started raging and attacking you instead.

Everyone else: ...

Toby.

Smash Master
You should come over to our place in the uni holidays, you can teach me and Toby how to play melee and we can impart our brawl knowledge onto you although I think you understand the game really well you just need some more practice which we can provide.
I thoroughly endorse this statement.

Now remember Sam, etiquette dictates that you accept this offer.

:)

Edit: liam where the **** is my shoutout. **** you man.

I LAG

Smash Lord
i didn't go but i will give toby a shout out

toby: :( you should of went, you would of made the tourney more epic

i watched some of liams and SDs commentary and it is amazing.
keep up the good stuff.

S.D

Smash Master
I thoroughly endorse this statement.

Now remember Sam, etiquette dictates that you accept this offer.

:)

Edit: liam where the **** is my shoutout. **** you man.
Yes etiquette would dictate I accept, however I'm not sure if it was etiquette for me to tell, not ask, TELL Liam that I was going to do that regardless of whether I was welcome or not :)

Toby.

Smash Master
Super special shoutout to Toby for not turning up and beating me, thanks again.
With that in mind, I'd like to announce that I'll be playing the next tournament using 100% ivysaur. Partly for lols, partly for self improvement. Hoping for top 8 :p

Sam that's good to hear. I see my evil plans are finally coming to fruition. Fufufufufu

Btw thanks for the shoutout ilag. <3

D0N

Smash Ace
With that in mind, I'd like to announce that I'll be playing the next tournament using 100% ivysaur. Partly for lols, partly for self improvement. Hoping for top 8 :p
If thats really what you want to do, i'll gladly let you change/refresh your pokemon every so often for free. Maybe 1 set vs. squirtle though?

Toby.

Smash Master
That would be great. I'm hoping that most people will be kind enough to let me switch back to ivysaur when I die. Letting them get a free smash every switch would make things pretty hard. I think if I sit there for a little while (like 15 seconds or something) after I die it should give ivysaur enough time to recover a decent amount of fatigue.

I'll definitely play you with squirtle if you want me to. Playing your DK is great fun =)

Gords

Smash Champion
why dont we just use MTRs wii or Shaya's wii and you select it so you only have ivy
i wouldnt complain about that

EDIT: SD beat me to it. shame on me for not refreshing the page

Toby.

Smash Master
I would happily play on a hacked wii, but the issue with only being able to play one one or two wii's is that often the bracket gets held up as I wait for the wii to be free.

If it's not at the expense of the tournament running smoothly I'll definitely use a hacked wii.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Alot of people use homebrew nowdays anyway, so you probably wouldn't be waiting around for that long xD

Ill come to the next boost if im in sydney at the time =) still need to do shoutouts aaaaaah

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I think in the intrest of fairness toby, that you use squitrle against my snake rather then ivy, all things considered (if only so I dont get humilated when I lose to ivy with snake)

unreon

Smash Ace
Shoutouts, sorry that it's late!

Caopoo: So awesome that you're here again! We had some awesome matches I hope, and your Marth really has become superly scary. Super good spacing; I need more practice! I feel very lucky that Liam and I managed to knock you guys out of doubles. Falcon did me good I think! I hope your work went okay without any sleep >.>

Sam: Too good, far too good. Even if you say your Falco isn't as good as mine, it definitely plays smarter. Your fundamentals in this game carries over to all your characters, and it's very scary. You held back in doubles but still peaced us out. Insane. Awesome commentaries and the team hilarity brought me to tears. I couldn't play right or think straight throughout doubles, which caused my Luigi to forget to Down-B for recovery >< I haven't played him ever :(

Turtle: You really thought and considered your weaknesses in the Falco game, didn't you? Suddenly I wasn't able to combo you as easily as I once did. Your chaingrab game is near perfect now. All you need though is to perfect your edgeguard gimp game. I think Cao still has you beat in that part. Marth should stock Falco everytime I'm off the ledge, and you missed some. Soon though you'll be four stocking me every time :)

Liam: We totally rock. Seriously. Second in doubles without having teamed before and having a Falco on the team?? Considering how bad Falco is as a teammate?? Wow. There were some times where I missed my laser saves on you, and you died from that :( Sorry. Don't forget also that bombs help you recover! You didn't use that much. But otherwise we did well :) Never once killed each other except for the last stock of the first match. Looking forward to teaming with you again one day :)

Jaz: Noooooo why did you leave so early :( We miss you Jaz, could've bowled with us at least! You are still so ultra scary with Falcon, and definitely perform crazy well in the heat of the moment. Stomp-Lava-Stomp is so so sexy. Can't wait to team with you soon again!

Bjay: we never got to play many rounds!! Who will give me Peach practice?! Rahhhhh, nooooo Bjay. But anyways, your Peach is still as lazily proficient as ever. You are like the dude from Dragonball who holds back on their true powers and still kicks ***. :)

Gords: I want to do a quick one for you because you've gotten lots better from when I last played you. You Sheik really is a contender in the upper-mid NSW Melee scene now. Congrats on getting 5th; it's been a long time coming :) The only problem is maybe you tend to do recovery mistakes a little too much. Lots of suicides and failed recoveries. Once you shake these off though, you'll do even better :)

Meteor: I see your Brawl Ness and I can't say anything but positive things. It's a known fact that I don't know anything about Brawl (hell, someone stole my copy at OHN8), so seeing DOUBLE FIRE TO SPIKE/BAT/THROW blew my nooblet Melee mind. It was sick and a humbling experience. Especially since you were so upset and said "I don't expect to win this match; that's how bad I'm playing". Then boom, you three stock me with only 76% and 70% damage racked up in total. That's ****, right there T___T

Ted: Loved your Wario and 'grats on taking Brawl! Was a great finals to say the least. I was glad I didn't have you in pools because I know how those go :( I hoped you liked the restaurant, but I'm sorry it wasn't a ******* Burger ;) Take us there next time!

Shaya: Bad luck in the finals. I know some commentaries threw you off, and I'm sorry about that :( Just to let you know, I wasn't a part of it. I'm terrible on the mic ._. I'm sure I said this before, but killer venue. Free drinks, cheap food, open spaces...I really can't think of any improvements to it unless there are Playboy bunnies walking around serving drinks and giving massages. You should work on that. ;)

Anyone else I've missed: sorry for not including you so far, but I'm sure you're awesome! It's late and I'm really tired. Learning new names is hard for me :(

PS: glad to see everyone liked the restaurant! :) I are happy you are happy. And YAY I am top tier in bowling :D HUZZAH for four strikes in a row :D

PPS: I hope the videos do turn out okay; because there were lots of good recordings. Even if they're a little jank, I would definitely watch them! :)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
oh are the matches up yet?

anyways its shoutouts time

first up my bro ted:
great job on winning dude, we could have had doubles too man but we didnt thanks to my stupid mistakes early on, so my bad. anyways rockys up, we got this.

toby: oi ****! wheres my outback sand?

cao: good to see you again cao, I'm like your biggest fan now! your so awesome, I cant wait for rocky, hype hype!

Foxy: what a winner, your easily one of the coolest people I've ever met. dont worry about your results, it'll all come in time with exp and ****. also I needs more fox coaching, we made a pretty awesome team.

EA: good job dude, your really coming up the ranks, nice work with what I will now apporpriatly (I love being able to spell :() dub gay and gayer (MK and IC's)

iso: nice job man, you did pretty well and really put the pressure on me, bit more practice is all you need.

ricky: your sonic is a spastic, can you stop ****** everyone with **** characters already?

liam: I hate dk, dying at 80%, get meathanded! great matches though, they were loads of fun, its really good to see you coming out to these things now.

liam and ricky: great teamwork guys, those were some of the closest and most intense matches ever, and even though me and ted will retell it as "dude we ***** them" in reality it could have just as easily gone the other way.

shaya: great tourney once again shaya, and theres no shame in second eh? hope your smash holiday wasnt caused by me being a douche :(

sd: I <3 you man, and I loved seeing you doing pretty bad in melee doubles only for you to then say "ok time to start trying" and rip **** up, you are too good at that game, I'm rooting for you to win rocky! (well... cao too) hanging with you is mad fun.

tripping tipper balls: great work with the win their guys, at least we got a set off you. I espically loved the part where your super gay grab **** on me turned against you! epic matches though, we'll be seeing you in rocky finals.

tim: thanks for the advice dude, I'll probably forget it all during a match but if you point **** out while I'm playing I think I'll do alot better.

unreon: holy **** dude, way to **** me, your falco is messed up. your a pretty great guy too, I need to hang out with you melee vets some more (hey cmon, being seen with a brawl player isnt that bad for your rep is it?)

leisha: give me back my doughnut you ***!!!!!!

bjay: rocky? bjays epic comeback? I approve, your really getting your **** back lately, good to see! also great work in doubles you guys were awesome.

gopo: shoulda come, you missed out on epic!

that new guy in the green shirt: ahh I'm really bad with names sorry! good to see some newcomers though! come to more stuff

that other new guy called killmaster something: as above (wow you got a whole 2 words, can you feel the love?)

stuey: lols good to see you again stuey, good work getting a flat battery.

anyone I missed: sorry! I have **** memory

anyways hype hype hype for ROCKY!

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Alright! I got a shoutout! I was begining to wonder if I actually went or not XD. Thanks Luke!

Btw, I think that you and Ted are the coolest people I've ever met as well. I mean, your playlist in the car speaks for itself. Oh yeah, and I still don't know how I missed WinMelee. That is so legendary. (For those of you who are uninformed, I live in a place called Winmalee.)

Screw hyping rocky, hype Ted versus Corpse!

Splice

Smash Hero
Actually because 3 people get out of pools Corpse will most definitely make it out of pools now, I can't see anyone other than Nicks and Scoot beating him, although i don't know everyone in the pool.
also I highly doubt Corpse Vs Tedeth will be the best match of the day anyway. Low tiers? bah! I do want to see Tibs vs Tedeth in crews, though.

Ted is a funny man.

Top Bottom