• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Boost: REBOOT - Sunday, the 11th of September 2011

Sieg

Smash Champion
It's not that Chris doesn't know how to abuse the nado, it's that people are finding it easier to **** it up.

tedeth

Smash Master
If you nado spam against wolf you get *****. It's a free blaster if you try to approach with it, and if he reflectors you close to the ground, he gets enough frame advantage that he can dsmash you.

I LAG

Smash Lord
but i never see him use the nado > nado combo
thats like the most legit unexpected combo in the whole game

EDIT: the above combo doesn't work on wolf ;-; reflector and blaster ftl :(

D0N

Smash Ace
$10 on liam winning if he uses mk on shaya,toby,ted,don,meteor, anyone else who beats his dk
Is this some kind of joke? I LAG your such a clueless kid. Splice is way cooler than you, its a shame we don't have him over here instead.

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
**** ness
**** him

i will learn that match up
i should really learn to grab release ness
and i will slap myself everytime i chase ness offstage and get PKT2ed so that i dont do it again in the fear of getting slapped

LIAM U SUCK u lost against ness :(

Yeah don't worry my meta knight has being working out at the gym heaps. It is far better than that crap I was playing last boost. Even if you know the match up Ted you won't be able to beat the META KNIGHT (capslock used to emphasize the power of MK). Maybe next tournament ILAG I will teach how to not fail against, Snake. Thats a big maybe though because Snake is so fun to use against you.

Also pro tip you don't use teh tornado against wolf. You use aerials while staying out of his reach, so bit of down air won't go astray.

Yeah atm I would say that Toby would be the hardest to beat with MK, then Ricky. Although if i turn the fail down I might do better against ness next time. Also pretty sure MK doesn't have a grab release on Ness, (I think Toby said something like that).

Edit: Soz I forgot about DON, that would be a very hard match he beat my MK in friendlies earlier but Toby has been using the MK against my DK so i am begining to understand what to do. But yeah I would bet money on DON beating me :)

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
It's very sad but it's too late for me, save yourself I have already started down the dark path and there is no turning back.

Toby must be like Yoda or something he predicted this would hapen... Wait that makes perfect sense since both yoda and ivysaur are green.

Anyway don't worry I'm still working on DK, Toby showed me some awsome new trick, I would asume you already know it. MK is just if I feel like being a *******, or having a chance against Ted, you gave him too much practice :(.

D0N

Smash Ace
Its alright, your still awsome. Show me the trick next tourney incase I don't know.

And you gave Toby too much practice lol. Toby and Ted are like DK slayers. Ted warned me about Toby at first and then I went and showed Ted how

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
I guarantee you will get some lols KO’s with this move if you don’t know it. I think it would work quite well against ILAG if he isn’t camping. Not that you need any help KO’ing him. :laugh:

Toby.

Smash Master
Mk can't air release ness, but he still gets a free dsmash, shuttle loop, ftilt, dtilt, dash grab, fair and probably other stuff out of a ground release.

Although I'm really only here to emphasis what liam said about me being yoda. I predicted his fall to the dark side months and months and months ago.

I begged metaknight to let him go. I got down on my knees, and wept. He wants to keep liam. Keep him here for 10 years.

Points to whoever gets the reference.

Oh and yeah liam's mk is much much better now. I feel bad because I've been abusing him whenever he falls into a punishable habit, but its paying off. He's pretty hard to beat now lol.

edit: and the trick is pretty great. Its pretty nasty hahaha

double edit: liam i did the shopping, but my phone died so i didn't the the stuff for your soup. But i got like $130 worth of food so we should be ok.

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
K cool. Also I got the reference, I won't post the answer though cause other people might want to try and get it.

I needed white onion, potatoes, chicken stock, celery and carrot, i got the bacon and will get the chicken tomorrow. Did you not get any of those?

Above are the ingredients for an awsome chicken soup for anyone who is interested.

Edit: Also you didn't email me your assignment...

I LAG

Smash Lord
cant wait til next tourney.
i'm going to play like soooooo much wifi and get pro at every match up and everyone will be like WTF!
and then probably slap me for abusing soooo much nado.
i am starting to wonder why mk has other moves, like all he needs is nado and d-smash imo
my mk is going sooo noob style now but i think it is improving.

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
cant wait til next tourney.
i'm going to play like soooooo much wifi and get pro at every match up and everyone will be like WTF!
and then probably slap me for abusing soooo much nado.
i am starting to wonder why mk has other moves, like all he needs is nado and d-smash imo
my mk is going sooo noob style now but i think it is improving.
Please for the love of god tell me you are joking, sometimes I just can't tell. If you spam that **** against anyone who knows how to play the game you will get destroyed. Noob metaknight does not work.

Also those are not even MK's best moves the only move he needs is forward tilt, and then mabye down air and shutle-loop. I reckon I could beat your MK with just those moves, oh and i might down throw (if it's close).

I LAG

Smash Lord
well i am joking a lil
like in the mk ditto i wont do that but against anyone who can be abused by the nado i will spam the **** out of it.
i am telling u i will play like a noob in certain match ups because its just soo much easier than using multiple moves.
i am just trying to work out how u can nadospam someone that rolls, i think i have to go like full spaz like going side to side or just only use nado when i know it will work 100% like when they are landing or spotdodge.

toby plzzzz dont use snake against me next tourney just because i will nado spam your pokemanz. dont be a ****** like liam plzzzzzzzzzzz

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
What I actually meant was that all MK needs is his back air, jab and down b. (Thats what all the pros use).

Edit: Look tornado is good but there is no point in spamming it, since if they are noob enough to let you then you should just be getting them off stage and gimping their recovery. Because if they can't stop tornado spam then they will not know where the Y button is located. You should use tornado, it is a very good move to recover off the ledge against a lot of characters (not wolf), you just go right through them (even if they are shielding) and then you are safe back on stage. If you space tornado right it can be good but don't spam that ****.

I LAG

Smash Lord
yeh nado recover at ledge is what made my mk like 300% better coz there will be no more grabbing my shuttle loop guys.

like the main reason i am going noob is because my mk is getting worse like i know the match ups well most of them and i see m2k in some match ups and he uses the nado alot more than me and down air but the dair is really hard to use the way he does he like uses it 3 mk jumps above their head and some how hits them and i try using it 1 mk jump above their head and then hit them just to get up-tilted

I LAG

Smash Lord
why not?

<3 melbourne and their clueless mks
i would be king of the mks in melbourne
like i know earl is a good player but he is not a good mk i could probably beat him in a mk ditto
he wont know what hit him

Splice

Smash Hero
OH MY GOD.
I am loved! ^_^
OH MY GOD.
Ilag is ********. I never saw it before I didn't know why everyone gave him ****. Now I know.
Serious you are going to play like a n00b coz your getting worse, in the hopes that will help? wut.
Earl vs Ilag MM kgo?

Back to all the love...
SD is "the business", nuff said (btw you didnt make a bad impression lol)
unreon, I knew your name cause I just had this vibe you would be awesome, right?
D0N, is all chilled right, totally awesome just friendlying you, I'd come down to NSW to get a real taste of the DK experience if i could
<3

I LAG

Smash Lord
Earl is that one Mk that can actually beat me. =/

So he would basically 3 stock I LAG in a Meta Knight ditto.
*facepalm*

the metaknight ditto is completely different to the mk vs ness match up

i dont know the ness match up and i doubt he does
he is a better player than me so he beats u while i dont

i'm just saying that i can beat him in a mk ditto

Splice

Smash Hero
Melancholy, whats your MSN? I'll try to help you and I'll feel special and you might even learn something from me. Here is a sample piece of Info:

Uair people when they are above you to refresh other moves!

Like what you see here? Receive daily tidbits of :gw: info by simply adding Splice on MSN! Free :gw: emoticons included, courtesy of LeishaChu.

Pirate.

Smash Apprentice
@Toby: Red dwarf? do other people watch that show?

Splice is indeed quite a cool kid, i saw his MM against Corps, fun times. bet everyone else is jealous *nod*. He told me that i should use Ivysaur in the GaW matchup, as he was the preferable pokemon of the 3, i knew it was a cunning plan though, Ivysaur, lolololol (jokes) :laugh:.

So Wind hitboxes unstale your moves huh?

ILAG is much nicer irl, his lack of any human emotion is way hilarious, you just have to like him :p.

EDIT: Is there any info about when next Boost will be?

Scabe

Successful Businessman
why not?

<3 melbourne and their clueless mks
i would be king of the mks in melbourne
like i know earl is a good player but he is not a good mk i could probably beat him in a mk ditto
he wont know what hit him

I know I should stop trolling I LAG but it's too hard not to.

D0N

Smash Ace
It's okay Splice, D0N is going to teach me to be awesome with DK.

..right D0N?? Right????? =D
Yea man. Hope to see you again before I go :). If not feel free to ask away and i'll help where I can.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
If I don't see D0N in Australia I'll probably see him in VA cus I'm cool like that. It's about time I caught up with ChuDat anyway <3

Toby.

Smash Master
@Toby: Red dwarf? do other people watch that show?

Splice is indeed quite a cool kid, i saw his MM against Corps, fun times. bet everyone else is jealous *nod*. He told me that i should use Ivysaur in the GaW matchup, as he was the preferable pokemon of the 3, i knew it was a cunning plan though, Ivysaur, lolololol (jokes) :laugh:.
ding ding ding! red dwarf it is :)

Ivysaur definitely isn't the best against GW :3

Unless they key spam which gets you FREE UPSMASHES OF DOOM.

Splice seems cool.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
It's about time I caught up with ChuDat anyway <3
Are you trying to make me hate you, or wub you more, cos i gotta tell you, im really conflicted right about now.

D0N said:
Yea man. Hope to see you again before I go . If not feel free to ask away and i'll help where I can.
Wooo! Im hoping to come up for a sydney tourney before next stigma, if i can get enough uni work done i will fly up for one before you leave. =D

Top Bottom