• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Boost: REBOOT - Sunday, the 11th of September 2011

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Summoner's not attending.

Also I have a bag full of powerboards, double adaptors and extension cords I'm gonna bring. (Meant to mention this ages ago.)

Shaya, will there be pickup at mascot station for anyone bringing TVs by train by any chance?

Someone else stay at mine for the tourney, scoot wants to take his TV toooo. smesh all nait, tourney all dai, what could be better?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
shaya, how far is it by car from the venue to the mascot station, and hows the traffic?

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I won't be going.

I'd rather be able to go to Rocky. Sorry Shaya, Rocky beats this.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I think silfa and scabe, both boost virgins, will be making an apperance, lets give them an intro

Challenger approaching, Satra "Scabe" Kien!

satra is a recent addition to the ACT scene and has yet to venture out to make his name heard, but there are some people who have already witnessed his remarkable skill (ea lol)
scabe is a wifi warrior who has come to see the light of offline play and is eager to make a mark on the sydney smash scene, watch out, here comes trouble

notable achievments:

- is a link main who can keep up with my snake (dont you just love **** jokes)

- also plays jigglypuff and last time I played him with marth I got 2 stocked 5 times in a row, ouch.

- picked up a semi decent metaknight and diddy, both in 1 day.

- his link lives longer then snake

- can play the brawl theme on piano

Jon (yeah thats right, he's too cool for a H so deal with it) AKA: Silfa the sky raper

Jon is a wifi vet who has since hung up with wifi gloves to enter the offline ring, despite only ever entering 1 proper tournament, he has made a name for himself, the future looks bright for this rising star

notable achievments

- regularly beats my snake with dk (another **** joke for all you **** lovers out there)

- is rumored to be a robot that can predict the future

- has the best DI in the world (230% with G&W anyone?)

- displays a remarkable ability to play pretty much every character in the game at top 8 standard

- silfa and tedeth are one of the 2 teams in the act/nsw region to have never lost a set (in said region), the other being luke and shaya, and have defeated the luke and jambo team (previous first place at a western sydney tourney) on more then 1 occasion.

swordsaint

Smash Master
i dont remember anything said about tournaments of those games. only side events and friendlies of them

also, iirc, bogo and i beat silfa and tedeth, or am i mistaking silfa for someone else?

also, scabe for top 8 imo

links technical
links fast
links strong
lives for ****ing ever
combos like a god
reads you too easy
hardly predictable

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Some people can struggle against the technical link players (me being an example) >.<
Even if he is second from the bottom on the tier list, i hate link with a passion xD (probably less than IC's though, they just make me rage)
Oh well, still would like to play pokemanz and disidia =D

S.D

Smash Master
Brawl is not a technical game.

If anyone loses to Link it is because the player other player is roughly 400 times smarter than you XD

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Luke... do you remember my place? How close I was to Mascot Train Station?

See Mascot Train Station on Bourke road? I live on the corner of that road and Gardeners Road.

Botany Road is just 2 blocks walk away (anyone who's been to mine late at night and knows about the DOMINOS RAID, should know that's the distance).

Something I forgot to mention, but Gardeners Road (going west off the map) connects straight to the Princes Highway. Meaning anyone driving has pretty sweet and easy access there.

Traffic can be pretty random, but most of the time it's like 1 minutes drive...
I'm pretty sure some pick up/drop can be set up for you two, and like anyone else bringing TVs.

-

And S.D, Brawl is a technical game
To beat MK and Snake without using MK and Snake, if they know the match up, one has to be very miticulous and technically 'perfect' with their movements, otherwise, gg.
Maybe that's why you're losing :(

-

If people are serious about running tournaments they better present something to me by this weekend; otherwise I'll probably have to beat you silly.
I didnt know about anything dissidia related... only aware of Ricky wanting to do pokemanz, and luke JUMP, and S.D melee.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu

If anyone loses to Link it is because the player other player is roughly 400 times smarter than you XD
Maybe not as much as melee of course but it still has some technical things. Link is just a bad character for me that's all >_>

swordsaint

Smash Master
i was expecting dissidia due to lukes love of it, ricky i know has it and the fact leisha seems to be coming and also has it

seemed logical

S.D

Smash Master
-

And S.D, Brawl is a technical game
To beat MK and Snake without using MK and Snake, if they know the match up, one has to be very miticulous and technically 'perfect' with their movements, otherwise, gg.
Maybe that's why you're losing :(
Maybe not as much as melee of course but it still has some technical things. Link is just a bad character for me that's all >_>
Technical ability is getting your character what you want them to do, which is frankly, the easy part of a game like brawl where there are few demanding techniques in terms of dexterity. It is not hard to maintain near perfect control of your character.

Therefore knowing what to make your character do becomes the determining factor in the game between any decent mid to high level players. This is where knowing matchups, keeping ideal spacing and knowing all the 'tricksies' comes into play. This would fall under application of knowledge rather than application of technical skill.

Thus, I am arguing that knowledge is a far more important and determining factor in Brawl than 'technical skill'.

Edit: All that being said I failed at single nana locking with ACDair when i tried to do it at Tim's XD

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Its really a mix of both i guess, but w/e its just a game so just don't worry about it, but i don't like to be insulted -.-

Anyways on the good side, these tourneys should be good for rocky practice =)

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord

technical brawl link lol

if you homo brawl fuks wanna see tech skill come to the boost thing and watch my focks **** sam =]]=]=]=]=]=]=]

S.D

Smash Master
with that attitude sam, you should be winning :3
lol I don't know much brawl strategy or matchups, I do ok with what I know sometimes

I agree with SD.
<3

Its really a mix of both i guess, but w/e its just a game so just don't worry about it, but i don't like to be insulted -.-

I wasn't having a go at you Leisha, when I referred to 'you' I meant it in the royal sense, I wasn't singling you out - sorry if I offended I certainly wasn't labelling you personally or anything :(

Idk why I decided to pursue my train of thought on the matter - probably just coz im bored at the paper and needed somewhere to release my pent up reporting energy.

Edit: @ Turtle: Bahahahahahahahahahahaha wev pal I'll **** you that hard you'll be sore forever

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
lol I don't know much brawl strategy or matchups, I do ok with what I know sometimes

<3

I wasn't having a go at you Leisha, when I referred to 'you' I meant it in the royal sense, I wasn't singling you out - sorry if I offended I certainly wasn't labelling you personally or anything :(

Idk why I decided to pursue my train of thought on the matter - probably just coz im bored at the paper and needed somewhere to release my pent up reporting energy.

Edit: @ Turtle: Bahahahahahahahahahahaha wev pal I'll **** you that hard you'll be sore forever
forever is a long time. also last time we played focks v focks your focks was the one with a sore buttocks, ive heard your focks is very similar in skill to lunin now, so maybe you might just win.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
No I don't scott >=O, but yes I obviously did this time and he was nice enough to say it wasn't meant to offend so I'm all good =).

You're the true meanneh scott >=o

D0N

Smash Ace

I hope my siding with SD wasn't insulting lol. If it was, then I agree with SD's apology lol

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
With as much knowledge as I had, and America proving to me that I had more knowledge of the game than most people there, I lost because of my lack of precision.

When I **** up in game it's usually because I **** up in doing something properly, or the way I wanted it to come out. High level control of characters in brawl exists.

When I lost to people in the states with 'less knowledge, etc etc' than me, it only gave me more insight into how much depth there is in brawl in terms of character usage/precision that we in Australia sorely lack.

Being 'outsmarted' in this mindgame intensive game is heavily dependant on how perfectly you can control your character in the fastest most optimised way.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I hope my siding with SD wasn't insulting lol. If it was, then I agree with SD's apology lol
ooooh nono don't worry, =) i know you were just agreeing to his point he made about the technical discussion before so its all good.

I need to make another pokemanz team along with the bird team i already use xD

swordsaint

Smash Master
I might decide to use my Action Replay and haxorz my way to victory.

el oh el

and they'll be within legit reason

not broken 999 stats

though magikarp smashing everyone would be fun

S.D

Smash Master
With as much knowledge as I had, and America proving to me that I had more knowledge of the game than most people there, I lost because of my lack of precision.

When I **** up in game it's usually because I **** up in doing something properly, or the way I wanted it to come out. High level control of characters in brawl exists.

When I lost to people in the states with 'less knowledge, etc etc' than me, it only gave me more insight into how much depth there is in brawl in terms of character usage/precision that we in Australia sorely lack.

Being 'outsmarted' in this mindgame intensive game is heavily dependant on how perfectly you can control your character in the fastest most optimised way.
I'm not saying high level control doesn't exist, in fact I'm saying it exists ubiquitously at a high level. When you **** up Shaya its usually because of nerves, like when you were messing up D3's CG on Attila. Getting your character to do what you want is the easy part, knowing what the character CAN DO is the important part.

Turtle: I ****ed you up hardcore in focks dittos at Ted's tourney. Before that my fox blew and I know that.

tedeth

Smash Master
Back to this anti-brawl bull****.

**** all of you.

**** Turt because he's still going on about what he's been going on about since I went to my first BOOST tourney like a year ago.

**** SD because he should know better than to complain about Brawl after all this time. It's not going to change anything or be good for the community in the slightest. Come on man you're too smart for this ****.

**** Shaya because I can just hear his arrogance in his posts.

**** scoot for making like 100 tiny posts that just comment on issues rather than addressing them.

**** Tim for his sarcastic posts "Oh lol brawl is great lol I'm so smart and funny." It's getting old.

**** Tedeth for saying "**** you" to everyone.

**** everyone else for not being good enough to make this post.

*insert emoticon of me giving you all the finger here*

I was reading that stupid QLD thread and just thinking "Man I'm glad our scene's not ********." How wrong it seems I was.

Cao, infract everyone, especially me.

EDIT: Please note that I really do love each and every one of you. :)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
ughh;

A bit of an over-reaction.
BUT

This thread shouldnt be for discussion like this.

It's for the tournament itself, I've been posting a lot of information that not many people have seemed to notice, which is much more important than this crap.

swordsaint

Smash Master
I don't think you should say, "not many people have seemed to notice". I think it's more along the lines of, people read it, understand and don't feel the need to post about it.

And to completely contradict the above statement; when are the rules being updated? I'm somewhat interested to know what's being experimented with etc.

gopobox

Smash Journeyman
**** Tim for his sarcastic posts "Oh lol brawl is great lol I'm so amart and funny." It's getting old.

I wish Tim was woolworths or coles....

Oi shaya you might have to put me in the maybe pile because my aunt is coming to visit and shes leaving on the day when the tourney is being held so i may or may not make it...

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
I'm not saying high level control doesn't exist, in fact I'm saying it exists ubiquitously at a high level. When you **** up Shaya its usually because of nerves, like when you were messing up D3's CG on Attila. Getting your character to do what you want is the easy part, knowing what the character CAN DO is the important part.

Turtle: I ****ed you up hardcore in focks dittos at Ted's tourney. Before that my fox blew and I know that.
that didnt happen. anything to make ur focks feel better i guess, either way ima prac to be good for rocky and we're winning doubles.

Top Bottom