• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Boost: REBOOT - Sunday, the 11th of September 2011

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
no no Rad, TIO clearly had 'Andrew + Liam'

I seem to remember ****** **** as big so big isn't all bad.

Rad

Smash Ace
Sorry about the delay in posting anything.

Firstly, to ZXV, Gords, and Scoot. I haven't really had a chance to get to know any of you. I don't really feel comfortable inviting people I haven't talked to before, sorry. I hope you understand. Come over for some friendlies next boost so we can get to know each other!

At the moment, the nearest days I can host a meet on are this Sunday, Saturday week, and Sunday week. If I had to pick a day it would be this Sunday.

At my house there are more than enough free televisions (two very large televisions, around three smaller ones). I have a Wii, and Andrew said he'll bring his too. If we could get one more that would be good (Shaya?).

I should be able provide some drinks, but we'll definitely need to chip in for more (there's an IGA) if everyone comes. There are a lot of cafes and a few take-away stores near my house, as well as a Subway.

I'll PM out my address / phone number once we get a date confirmed. I don't use MSN but if I'm at home you can probably find me one IRC (moar people get on IRC). PMs are fine too.

tl;dr How is this Sunday for everyone?

swordsaint

Smash Master
Too soon to remind you how I awesome I am at a Boost. :(

Totally understand your perspective though. Although we have talked before. D=

iKiLLOTz

Smash Journeyman
Should i bring some pepsi. Considering me and Rad are the only guys who think it is DEFINATELY better than coke?

Edit: And ill bring a wii if you need it

iKiLLOTz

Smash Journeyman
Wow, Im suprised. Where im from its all about COKA COLA ***** -_-

OH, Does anyone have a spare controller by any chance, mine seems to be on the "Fritz"

Rad

Smash Ace
is there vanilla pepsi?

Then coca cola is required to contain some vanilla.
There IS Vanilla Pepsi - found it in the city. In Japan I also found Pepsi "Twist" and like Pepsi Nex Zero (which I'm not even convinced was Pepsi at all). Both sucked in comparison to actual Pepsi and Pepsi Max, but the Vanilla Pepsi was on par.

Feel free to bring Pepsi iKill. I hadn't even considered coke but the more Pepsi the better. You shouldn't (have to) bring a Wii. From what I remember you live much further away than everyone else who said they wanted to come except Pat.

iKiLLOTz

Smash Journeyman
Nah, Its the least i could do- to bring a wii that is.

Btw just call me Aaron. People calling me Ikill sounds alitte corny most the time, making me seem like a murderer or something -_-

Shiniest

Smash Apprentice
coke is better... you can't do 50/50 with rum and pepsi. coke and the captain makes it happen

patv

Smash Journeyman
I probably wont go rad. I'm going city on sat night and I wouldn't wanna go back to city again the next day too much hassle lol

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
haha it was a joke i dont even know you im sure you're great and when is the next boost? ima style on you zxv RAwRrrr

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
And as I said ted,

I don't think I can let you do that son :p
This is not to be spiteful or anything of the sort, but it is a disadvantage to most people.
The way NTSC has been "allowed" thus far seems mostly okay, no?

tedeth

Smash Master
looooooooool you won't "let" me do that?

This coming from the guy who was like "PS2 is neutral. Take that everyone lolololol." Don't talk down to me son.

Anyway, the DREAM is to have NTSC standard, but I'm not sure we would have enough setups. What I'd like to see though is at least as many NTSC setups as PAL.

Last tourney we had 1 NTSC setup which was the hacked one. This was then changed to brawl so I put NTSC on another TV.

I'm also going to create a hybrid before next tourney so that we can have a version with the preferred characters from both versions. That way people can play the best version of their character.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
You're going to compare a stage change (which is strike-able) to forcing people to play a different game?

And it was more like "PS2 is a starter, let's experiment everyone" ;)

tedeth

Smash Master
Ok well "NTSC is a standard, let's experiment everyone!"

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

I'm fairly sure you're the only one who's ever said it's a "different game" Shaya. Everyone else can see that it's a different version of the same game.

swordsaint

Smash Master
If it were Brawl and you suddenly said 'let's have a hybrid of vBrawl and Balanced Brawl so that characters like Ganon could be more viable/so you can play the preferred version of your character", I wouldn't support that. I don't see why it should be different with melee?

Should be NTSC and PAL set ups so that if two people choose NTSC it's OK, but if one player simply says "I want Pal" (because that's what they're used to) you have to play PAL. No hybrids.

My 2 cents.

Also I'm having trouble opening a packet of food so I can eat. god **** im so weak

nvm i got it....yay

Top Bottom