• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Boost: REBOOT - Sunday, the 11th of September 2011

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
no thanks, I am doing something productive currently, its called being at work getting paid
like I've said a thousand times.
I wouldnt be wasting my life here otherwise

Zxv

Smash Lord
Excellent use of Mankey, Toby.

We should just have NTSC alongside Pal as we always have, and be more active about opting to play on NTSC instead of Pal so that people have more of a chance at becoming familiar with it. Also, we should burn 100 copies of hacked NTSC to hand out to people so they can practice.

Imo, I never found any difficulty swapping from Pal to NTSC my first time. Only thing that got me (and still does) was/is the difficulty of gentlemans, but other than that I don't see why anybody would complain about lack of experience with the version... We've all watched YouTube, right?

Also, Ted, I'm against the use of hybrid NTSC/Pal versions because it's highly unlikely that it will become tournament standard anywhere in the world anytime soon. Using NTSC is a bonus because it prepares us for the massive tournaments (Genesis, Pound, Apex etc). The way I view the Australian Smash Scene is everything we do here is simply training that we put into practice when we go to America. It's hard to make a name for yourself outside of America.

Rad

Smash Ace
There haven't been any complaints about my meet being this Sunday, so this Sunday it is.

I'll send out my address / phone number soon... Unless this post sparks some major uproar or something.

@ Liam. If you could bring a third Wii that would be great but I'm not 100% we'll need more than two. Don't go out of your way.

@ Pat. Don't be lazy lol (you don't HAVE to come (except you do)). Oh well, next time then!

Zero

Smash Hero
I thought so.

We should play PAL too. Let people who want to play NTSC play NTSC, but PAL should take priority.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
lol'd
sometimes it looks like you don't read anything scoot and just click quote, reply, and post ur opinion

no sd means nsw melee scene will be mad close
koops/unny/zxv/ted
anyone's game
record matches w/commentary and upload often, you can be the new norcal
tbh ive placed higher than all of those players in the last 20 tourneys besides 1

patv

Smash Journeyman
Anyone going to rads thing can give me a lift from city or something? I dislike catching buses at places i don't know

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I've been playing it a fair bit with my 2 'god of rts' buddies.
getting good.
eco harrasment is very very important, so learn to do it and avoid it.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
oh yeah sorry I forgot
also they were in violation of the interplanetry peace treaty.
how do you think your opponent feels when your men are sitting there with all of one eye and all of one leg?

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
getting better just moved up into silver league imo ill be in platinum in a few days cant really lose atm just on the standard 15 win streak

Zxv

Smash Lord
Tournament for the 15th - I'm most likely available.

Also, how many people are considering going to BT2? Can we have a side-tournament with the Atyeo ruleset at the next Boost for practice like Zero suggested?

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Finally my net's back and I can upload vids, sorry it took so long.

Here's Meteor ****** a whole team by himself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhDxCvx0QBA

The six vids of Zxv vs Shaya are uploading as I speak, not sure when it'll be done since it's going really slowly, I get the feeling my brother's already hogging the net trying to get us capped at our new 200 gigs limit.

Top Bottom