• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Boost: REBOOT - Sunday, the 11th of September 2011

tedeth

Smash Master
Scoot you are a ****ing idiot. It's nothing like that.

1. You don;'t even play the game so I don't give a **** about you or your 2 cents.

2. It's not a different game you dumb ****s. It's a different VERSION of the SAME game. They are both official releases of the game you ****** which makes them completely different from balanced brawl.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Whilst the next point in argument would be changing the rule set to have PS2 alters viability too, you would have been fine with PS1/FD, no? Which I can argue to be more or at least the same amount of detriment as PS2. Also you always have the option to strike it.

If you want to force people to play NTSC Melee, then it's okay to play brawl with tripping off, right? If people have the option of "Pal" then I see no issues. People being forced to play on NTSC over Pal is what I have issues with, and don't tell me you're being forced to play on PS2.

You don't have to get so angry Ted. If you think I'm a hypocrite than I know it will be impossible to convince you otherwise.

But yeah if PEOPLE WANT NTSC, then that is fine. But if a player wants to play on PAL, should they be forced to go NTSC?

Also there are the logistics issue you've brought up.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Ted don't get so angry. x-x
I don't see why me not playing the game makes anything I say less valid.

And official or unofficial, it doesn't really matter when in either case, ntsc Melee or for the sake of argument, balanced brawl are inaccessible to a lot of people to practice on.
and just to clarify, I'm not comparing how huge the changes are to each game, but the accessibility of which they can be played by normal people.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
It's a different VERSION of the SAME game. They are both official releases of the game you ****** which makes them completely different from balanced brawl.
Although NTSC Melee was not released here at all. Therefore only the people who want it to happen most would even consider owning a copy of that version.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
we live in a pal region and when we go to nationals we play pal i dont think having ntsc as a standard is the way to go. That said both my characters get huge buffs in ntsc and i wouldnt mind ken comboing some noobs so i dont give a fk either way

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
I'm also going to create a hybrid before next tourney so that we can have a version with the preferred characters from both versions. That way people can play the best version of their character.
They are both official releases of the game you ****** which makes them completely different from balanced brawl.

I believe you solved the PAL/NTSC hybrid idea yourself there too, Ted.

tedeth

Smash Master
For anyone who complains that they can't practice it, I'll set you up.

For anyone who complains that we live in a PAL region, we live in an NTSC world. Get *****.

Also, I'm aware that we play PAL at national tourneys which is why I would suggest the tourneys before majors we should have only PAL in preperation. That being said I seel practicing in either version will make you better at both as I'm sure anyone who has played both extensiveely will agree so that's not much of an issue.

As I have stated before, both version will be at every tourney. I just hope to see more than 1 NTSC setup there.

Scoot is a tool who argues for the sake of arguing. 'Nuff said.

EDIT: Meteor don't be dumb. The difference between PAL/NTSC melee are nowhere close to brawl/balanced brawl.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Would you want NTSC as standard if Ganon didn't receive a huge buff?
It seems like you just want this to benefit yourself or do you genuinely believe NTSC to be a better version of the game overall.

tedeth

Smash Master
I genuinely think it's a better version of the game.

Wow. Accusation max J-Birds. Do you think I'd be so selfish as to want to play it just because my characters gets a boost? Ganon gets buffs but other characters get buffs on him aswell. eg. sheik's CG. he's also very easy to Ken combo.

I've been playing alot more Fox rencetly anyway.

EDIT: Everyone's so disagreeable.

I'm like "yeah both versions will be there. I'll make a hybrid so that when people can't agree on something they can both use the good versions of their characters."

And people are like "**** you".

So whatever. Love how whenever I argue against something I get "He's the TO, let him do what he wants."

If someone else actually wants to step up and run melee then be my guest.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Ted I seemed to have misunderstood you and vice versa.

I thought you were saying 'PALS GONE GUYS, NTSC ONLY FINAL DESTINATION'
The other interpretation was that if NTSC is available and someone wants to play on ntsc and the other wants to play on pal, the player wanting NTSC gets precedence/priority.

NTSC getting priority in terms of a player's preference is all I really have issue with.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Good just confirming the right reasons, questioning bro don't take it to heart.
Though i wouldn't think a 50-50 ratio would be needed, simply a couple of setups would be sufficient for the few people who would prefer to be play NTSC.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
The other interpretation was that if NTSC is available and someone wants to play on ntsc and the other wants to play on pal, the player wanting NTSC gets precedence/priority.

NTSC getting priority in terms of a player's preference is all I really have issue with.
So I'm going to pay an entry fee, to get so far into a bracket, then come across a player who wants to play NTSC, which I don't own therefore have little experience with because I wouldn't own a copy, and possibly get ***** by that which I may know nothing about. :dizzy:

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Well, I'm happy with that and all. It's just any newcomers to the Melee scene would be hindered by it. And I don't think they'd be comfortable with you hooking them up.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
So ted, in other words,

"Bring your wii over and i'll set you up" applies to anyone who'd prefer to play PAL.
So tripping off applies the same way.

And not everyone is able/willing to mod their wii.

tibs7

Smash Champion
NTSC sheik is soooo gay.
Zxv to win every tourny from now on haha.

tedeth

Smash Master
Ok fine. PAL only.

In fact, if you even mention the letters "N-T-S-C" in a row like that, you'll be DQ'd.

I can't be bothered arguing the same arguments over and over again anymore.

Zxv

Smash Lord
For anyone who complains that we live in a PAL region, we live in an NTSC world. Get *****
I agree with this whole heartedly. This is the main reason why I support NTSC standard.

I believe Pal should be setup, but if BOTH players agree to NTSC, then NTSC can be played instead of Pal. Players should also be allowed to change their opinions at anytime inbetween matches/sets.

swordsaint

Smash Master
I agree with this whole heartedly. This is the main reason why I support NTSC standard.

I believe Pal should be setup, but if BOTH players agree to NTSC, then NTSC can be played instead of Pal. Players should also be allowed to change their opinions at anytime inbetween matches/sets.
Zxv, no ones really said NTSC can't be there. It's more...

1-Player A = Pal
Player B = NTSC

Match = Pal

2-Player A = NTSC
Player B = NTSC

Match = NTSC

What's so disagreeable?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Ted don't get so angry. x-x
LOL

ahh scoot, your life is one big joke for me to enjoy at your expense.
thankyou.

also ted does want NTSC because ganon is better in that, but whats wrong with that?
its the same reasons X player wants to play pal.

so basically what people are saying is that in the event of a dispute pal gets priority, which makes sense... if you dont use your brain and just go with what everyone else is saying.
theres no reason one should have priority over the other.
so our solutions are

A. have both and paper scissors rock to decide which is played
B. get ***** by to's decision
C. make fun of scoot

well, anyways, have fun being idiots and argueing amongst yourselves.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
NTSC has been at tournaments for ages...
There's usually 2? set ups, no?

I just want to be able to say "i want to play pal" and not be forced into it, because I've only played PAL, don't have NTSC, and many many other issues that have been brought up time and time again.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yeah, when life stops beating the **** out of me I'll have a chance to go in and finalize ****, but keep the last weekend in august free

Dekar289

Smash Hero
ahh scoot, your life is one big joke for me to enjoy at your expense.
lol'd
sometimes it looks like you don't read anything scoot and just click quote, reply, and post ur opinion

no sd means nsw melee scene will be mad close
koops/unny/zxv/ted
anyone's game
record matches w/commentary and upload often, you can be the new norcal

swordsaint

Smash Master
The thing is Dekar, if I have an opinion on something, nomatter what it is, Scoot will say the opposite.

Which is why he's into boys.

:p
I do it a lot, I admit, but I don't do it for the sake of doing it. I can't help what I think about something unless I lie. :(

Top Bottom