• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NORTHEAST CHAMPIONSHIP (NEC XIII) - Road To Apex Qualifier! - BRING SETUPS!

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I hope brawl gets big as well, but at least melee will be pretty entertaining to watch probably :laugh:

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Big E said he will get us CRTs.

I am double checking but I believe he said 16. 8 for each game. Should be good enough for 2 days.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
well if people want to bring extra they can. I encourage it. That is what he is providing. I have already explained people should step up and bring things. If they do not then that is on us.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Alex, could you edit the thread so the stream links show up at the top? This way it will show up in the stream section of the site when the event goes live.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Will handle tonight.

To be honest I want to set up a detail schedule so people know what time, estimated, that certain rounds will start.

Today is girlfriend day

SneakyDave

Smash Cadet
Nvm, when my friends found out it was $40, they cancelled. Any chance for a spectator fee like they do in Apex?
its $30 pre-registration tho...

spectator fee is $20, it says on the first page of this thread

__________________________________________________________________________________

just bought my $30 thing online...
i dont really get it tho...

if spectator is $20.. and singles is $10... does that mean the $30 i just paid is for those 2 things?

i guess another way to put it is... am i gonna need to pay the $10 singles fee once i get there?

LLDL

Smash Hero
No the $20 spectator fee is their venue, and they are not eligible to play.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Get a hotel room. They aren't that expensive

:phone:
Why would I want to do that when I'm already spending so much money to drive 10 hours there and back and pay the (ridiculous) venue fee

SneakyDave

Smash Cadet
No the $20 spectator fee is their venue, and they are not eligible to play.
on the bige site it says this, "There will be a $20 spectator fee for anyone who would just like to watch and play casuals."

lol that is so weird

singles is basically $20 then lol...

if i wanna play friendlies all day = $20 spectator

if i wanna enter singles = $30 venue + $10 singles = $40....

It'd be great if this had more melee players to compensate for the awfulness of RoM5 in the eyes of other communities.
i was at rom5 and it was a great and fun tourney to me

i didnt even realize just how irritated people were about the top 3 results until a few days after the event

in my eyes and experience... rom5 was not awful at all!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm not coming here for their sake. I'm coming for melee. I think we shouldn't forget that, is really the reason we should be coming. Not to just 'be accepted'.

Real talk.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Why would I want to do that when I'm already spending so much money to drive 10 hours there and back and pay the (ridiculous) venue fee

Ok? Im flying here from Florida and I booked a hotel room. Whats your point?

Any national tourney for fighting games has venue fees around this area. Nationals cost money to run and make huge. Deal with it

Smash will never get any bigger when people ever want to invest. You don't see ANYONE from the fgc side complaining about it

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
way too late for me to decide to go even tho i can afford it it'd be too much for what the trip is. hope this is a fun successful event.

Top Bottom