• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NORTHEAST CHAMPIONSHIP (NEC XIII) - Road To Apex Qualifier! - BRING SETUPS!

dkuo

Smash Lord
1200 sq ft room for both Melee and Brawl? Is that a typo? You probably couldn't hold more than 40-45 people with such little space. I hope this is addressed.
I'm also curious about this. If this has a decent turnout and the room is too small, what happens then?

Nintendude

Smash Hero
At least overflowing the room would probably send a message to the FGC that we are a really legit community that would like to have more resources.

Revven

FrankerZ
But first you gotta actually get people to go to this and... I'm not really seeing that happening right now. I'm wondering if it's because of its location or the timing (just two weeks after ROM5)...

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I think we can get at least 30-40 each game if we all pull together. I know we can do this.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hope this event goes well! I won't be able to attend since I'm traveling quite a lot already around this time, but it'd be big for the community for this to get some good numbers.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Yes guys step it up there were so many people posting in that thread asking who would come so don't make us all look like liars

:phone:

Big E Gaming

Smash Rookie
Guys I got more people in a room with way less space, there will be petty of room.

But I can get space for overflow if it happens.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
guys please pre-reg and come thru this will be a great chance to have a good time and represent our community before Apex.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I dont think there is

Honestly as a TO I hate pre reg lists/attendee pages for various reasons

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Is all the tournament stuff not just on Saturday?

Don't get me wrong, fully support having a strong showing. Just want to be clear on the details.

huMps

Smash Ace
Damn 30 dollars for 1200 square feet is insane. My house is 15 maybe I should hold a tourney and charge 45 a head lol. Upwards of 50/60 people in that building, with setups sounds smuthering though, seriously.

On another note, I'll let some people know that this is happening. I know JesiahTEG really likes you guys in Philly. Maybe he'll be able to come with some peeps. I'll make him aware, he does'nt really go on this site anymore.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Well I'm pretty sure the venue itself is huge, and the venue fee gets you access to all of the rooms. So saying you are paying $30 for 1200 sq ft is a bit narrowminded imo.

It would be awesome if Jesse came to this. Let me know what he says. I want to see upstate ppl again.

YoBiddyLPs

Smash Cadet
Ight cool, me and Apple will most likely be there! We just need to find somewhere and some people to stay with!

Punzz

Smash Rookie
since i am probably just going to play smash i can just pay 40 bucks at the door and then additional 10 for smash? just cause i do not have a card right now but it doesn't matter for smash right?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
everyone has to pay venue but if u do not have a card you can pay venue at the door and pay for smash as well.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Don't see the venue fee as "just for Smash."

NEC is one of the largest fighting game tournaments every year and I for one am honored that Big E is giving Smash another shot. Just the sheer amount of hype at the venue will make it an amazing experience, even if you're there just for Smash.

It's still a multiple day tournament, still tons of equipment, great TOs, and TWO live streamers for Smash. Smash is getting a full treatment here, it's very worth it.

Also, you can pre-reg for the venue fee to be $30, not 40 like at the door. Just go to the website and don't select any events since Smash is done at the door and it will have only a $30 venue fee in your cart.

Big names are going to be here, like sponsors for various companies, Namco included! With Smash 4 on the horizon, this is the key time to show that we can belong in events like this, and get notice from sponsors. Everyone do your best to make this showing like none other, and while you're at it, earn some of them sweet Apex seeding points.

chillindude829

Smash Master
im prolly coming to this for melee

if we pay at the door its gonna be $40 venue right?? so we should just pre-reg online for venue fee only?

anyone wanna money match?

Top Bottom