• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NORTHEAST CHAMPIONSHIP (NEC XIII) - Road To Apex Qualifier! - BRING SETUPS!

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Unless nando is going and wants to team, I will need a teammate for this.
I'm registering tonight EggM, want to team with me?

Team Eggm Never Lets me win a Set BUT I TRY SO HARD :(

Or conversely we could be EggvinM or KevinEggM

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Ok, I'm thinking of going because there are student discounts through standby flights on AirTran. How will housing work? Can any of you house me Friday and Saturday? Please let me know through here, VM or PM. Thank you.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
My hotel room is full sorry

Joe I may be interested in teaming. Let me see if my initial teammate is still going cause he was mad flaky about it

:phone:

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
My hotel room is full sorry

Joe I may be interested in teaming. Let me see if my initial teammate is still going cause he was mad flaky about it

It's cool GDX, can anyone else house me Friday and Saturday? I'll pay whatever amount I'd need to pitch in for gas, food, housing, whatever.

Alukard

Smash Hero
i truly hope we can show everyone what we are made of ! ... i love this community and i will definitely be here as well afterall me and alex did to get big e to run this event we have to bounce back guys!! please show your support if possible!

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
We need this event. Badly. This is arguably the most crucial event in years for determining the direction of the smash community.

So, now what? Who steps up?

SneakyDave

Smash Cadet
wow ROM5 and now this!

I can't wait. Gives me motivation to practice for once in my life lol... ppl r so good....

I can probably house 1-2 ppl... I'll know better next week...
I live in an apt w/ 3 roommates that also attend Temple University.
It's located in N. Philly. Cecil B Moore stop on the BSS Broad Street Line

I feel like I learned a lot at ROM5 and hopefully I'll perform better at NEC I'm still a noob :/

PK Webb

Smash Champion
im in this registering tomorrow not gor the community but for myself and from progs video

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
We need this event. Badly. This is arguably the most crucial event in years for determining the direction of the smash community.

So, now what? Who steps up?
I cannot make it to this event.

I thought about making a topic to try and rally support for it, but I'm not a well-known member of the community. In fact, the few people who met me at FC, the one major that I've been to, might not even remember me because I entered under a different tag (Vanilla Bryce) and wasn't exactly the most skilled or knowledgeable player in the building.

But you, Prog, or someone else that is prominent and widely respected (I see you lurking, Juggleguy), should make a topic on the front page of Melee Discussion about this. Post your video that you put up on Youtube, write out a little of your thoughts, etc. I honestly still think a great deal of people don't even know about this event, or realize how pivotal it could be. It might not matter in the least with getting into Evo, but the exposure and and the chance at getting a little reputation is extremely important.

So here's my proposal:

Make the thread, and start a good player fund for some West Coast people or top players that would incur significant travel expenses that are holding them back from committing. If it's up by Wednesday, I will personally donate fifty dollars to help someone prominent go to try and get hype for the event, if not more. I will also finally donate fifty dollars to Samox. My donations will come over Thanksgiving break, but they will be made. If Paypal isn't working out (I have had trouble with it in the past) I will ask for an address to mail the checks to.

I impose the deadline of Wednesday because time is brief. People need to know now if they want to make travel plans, particularly people who have a ways to go.

Codi

Smash Ace
im in this registering tomorrow not gor the community but for myself and from progs video
I just said those same words to prog. I'm going to try my hardest to make it to this now..I just moved to florida and this is going to be a huge hole in my pocket BUT i love this game and want it to continue to be played for many more years to come everyone should try and go to this

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
WIll def be at NEC or APEX. I would imagine that APEX is more of a big deal, plus dat diner in Edison is like the sole reason I am going to new jersey

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
as one of the only midwest-west players coming, I'd like to have a decent doubles partner for melee.

so is anyone willing to team with a marth/samus that regularly practices with Dart?

bolt.

Smash Ace
as one of the only midwest-west players coming, I'd like to have a decent doubles partner for melee.

so is anyone willing to team with a marth/samus that regularly practices with Dart?
Yo lets team. My main is Falco Lombardi but I can play Zelda and Fox in teams too.

LLDL

Smash Hero
wow ROM5 and now this!

I can't wait. Gives me motivation to practice for once in my life lol... ppl r so good....

I can probably house 1-2 ppl... I'll know better next week...
I live in an apt w/ 3 roommates that also attend Temple University.
It's located in N. Philly. Cecil B Moore stop on the BSS Broad Street Line

I feel like I learned a lot at ROM5 and hopefully I'll perform better at NEC I'm still a noob :/
Yo Sneaky Dave sorry for not playing you at all day 2, I just really wanted to watch finals but if I'm at this let's get MAD falco dittos!

Codi

Smash Ace
I'm going to need a place to stay if anyone can help me out it would be very appreciated! also, i need a doubles partner i play fox shiek and falcon in teams and occasionally my falco

Chroma

Smash Apprentice
So is Melee happening both days, or just Saturday? I can't make it Saturday due to reasons, but I wanna come watch some high-level melee in person.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
So is Melee happening both days, or just Saturday? I can't make it Saturday due to reasons, but I wanna come watch some high-level melee in person.
Strife said it was gonna be pools Saturday, brackets Sunday.

That needs to be updated in the first post.

10th

Smash Cadet
Any word on PP/mango/hbox/m2k/etc attending? They would really help make it more hype for melee stream-wise

UlyssesTheTrojan

Smash Apprentice
Yeah with all the significance seeming to be placed on this one tourney, it would be a shame if we didn't get at least one player in the top echelon to come.

A save smash player fund?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I can get to this.

Subway can get to this rite?

Gonna ask Kurt about this

Top Bottom