• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nope's Monthly "Shugalicious's Sexy Saturday"

Overswarm

is laughing at you
u do it. (i have to enter more because smashboards is being lame about my little comment)
I do it to you because you're not good enough to beat it. I sat down with you to help you practice against planking, but you never caught on and never beat it on your own. Why wouldn't I use a simple strategy that you can't beat?

I don't plank anyone that can kill me for it.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I do it to you because you're not good enough to beat it. I sat down with you to help you practice against planking, but you never caught on and never beat it on your own. Why wouldn't I use a simple strategy that you can't beat?

I don't plank anyone that can kill me for it.
(Or anyone too scrubby to warrant it, IE me. :laugh: )

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i didn't say he'd win because he planked. planking wasn't fun for him because he was winning lol, plank found planking amusing because his opponents got flustered + he hates the game so he knew all the trouble he was going to cause, etc. you keep on forgetting that the best plankers (teh_spamerer, plank himself) both abhor the game and have no real motivation to plank consistently. whether or not that strategy works is another thing entirely though.

also he believes he has better things to do with his time (i.e. trying to earn money by playing melee, a game he enjoys) so...
pretty much every part of this is true

i placed really well when i wanted to in brawl, albeit i never really ever planked cept vs sk92 or other falcos

Overswarm

is laughing at you
i placed really well when i wanted to in brawl, albeit i never really ever planked cept vs sk92 or other falcos
bum dada daaaaaaaaaa

proof is in the pudding.

Best ledge play in the game: MK
Worst ledge play in the game: Falco

Complaining about this is as dumb as complaining about Fox getting infinited by ZSS.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
OS, you could also.. you know.. bait the bair, and gimp. Mk can adapt just as easily off stage
You can also powershield snake's f-tilt and f-tilt him back with Metaknight, but that doesn't mean it works 100% of the time.

If people haven't figured out that there is a gap in MK's planking by now, they haven't looked. You are forced to stay on the ledge for a certain amount of time, and to grab the ledge the fastest you have to u-air at very certain intervals. There's a gap inbetween these two that you can only cover by u-airing early (in which case you could literally be d-smashed from the stage) or fast falling, in which case you've put pressure on him. Most MKs just do the same two u-airs, regrab the ledge, repeat. This is why you don't see MK drop off the ledge with a u-air, jump (hint, there's lag during the jump where he can't u-air), and then u-air a zillion times before reaching the ledge. Its because it isn't safe. Its clunky and cumbersome and makes MKs feel vulnerable. No one likes to do things that can be punished.

Kel did it to Shugo. Shugo figured it out mid match because he's good. Unfortunately for Shugo, Shugo didn't know exactly what to do and decided to kamikaze with a dair, killing Kel and barely missing the ledge himself. Had he baired at the same instant he'd have stage spiked Kel without dying himself.

No one said it was easy. It's not. Falco ****ing sucks on the ledge. He's a garbage character because of it. If you're character is good on the ledge, you get a % lead and you have a good chance of beating Falco. This is not the case with just about every other character in the game. People just care about Falco because he excels at everything else in the entire game. Literally, everything. Combos, kill power, fall speed, grab game, projectiles, anti-camping reflector, manueverability, range, safe approaches, safe evasive manuevers, mindgame potential, a flippin sweet taunt and excellent jumps. Bird just can't deal with being at the ledge or underneath it. So, you abuse it.

Just like you abuse the fact that DK can't do crap against you if you run away and spam projectiles all day, or that G&W's approach sucks if you've got any moves with invincibility frames and/or a disjointed hitbox (hellooooooooo Marth).

If you're G&W and you're getting bum ****ed by a slew of Marth mains that are smart enough to abuse your weakness, your best bet is not to complain about Marth's range and say "Marth is gay". It is better in fact to acknowledge Marth's inherent weaknesses, like his recovery, lack of projectiles, and commitment to any actual dangerous approach, and use these weaknesses to your advantage by drastically altering your character's natural playstyle or picking up a secondary.

But if you're FALCO, and you realize that you can't do **** on the ledge, you've either gotta go get a Ph.D. in ledge play for your character to compete with the Metaknight with a GED or you need to get a new character. Those are your only legitimate options.

Not being a 7 year old boy with a runny nose saying "that's not fair" to the bigger, stronger 9 year old.

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

Smash Ace
I just figured brawl out now lol i probly have 7 hours of playing this game now but it just took me understanding the differences of brawl from melee and a couple hours of practice with blue rogue showing me how to use WARIO so i dont need to practice this out of tourney im ready to show you all what a good melee player can do when he takes brawl seriously for the first time and i realized this game is actually fun lol. I WILL BE HERE but i probly should own a copy of brawl LULZ

wakka444

Smash Ace
its nice to see how much your opinion has changed on the subject of dealing with the game rather than making up rules. You adapted to mk being the best and an unwinnable match up for rob. Case in point, yourself.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
People just care about Falco because he excels at everything else in the entire game. Literally, everything. kill power.

But if you're FALCO, and you realize that you can't do **** on the ledge, you've either gotta go get a Ph.D. in ledge play for your character to compete with the Metaknight with a GED or you need to get a new character. Those are your only legitimate options.

Not being a 7 year old boy with a runny nose saying "that's not fair" to the bigger, stronger 9 year old.
Falco has about the same kill power as sonic, who is notorious for not having kill power. Falco's only advantage in kill power is his blaster to dacus.

Also, getting a Ph.D with your character and beating a MK with his GED is what helps me sleep at night.

Baro

Smash Journeyman
uh, if I get there after registration time but before singles, can I still register for singles? ):

Kel

Smash Master
ugh, I want to go to this but I disagree with the principle so much.

Can't we just ban metaknight for this tournament instead?

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
ah that ledge rule thing, I'm willing to try anything once. so eh, see how it pans out all in fun anyway. Besides cinci needs to go.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I was winning tournaments with ROB before you were even a thought.
Lol when? Back when the metagame was still comparable to a game of tic-tac-toe?

And I was around, people knew me but just not on a wide scale, so what? Let's get past the whole popularity contest thing already, I'm tired of people bringing it up. I'm a random, you don't have to ****ing remind me every time I post. You, Kel, and Inui have the same habit of doing that ****; however only the latter has actually traveled outside of their region and has performed reasonably well, or has just traveled period. You two still get assraped by MI at nearly every encounter, M2K basically steals your lunch money regularly, Pierce placed higher than both of you like it was nothing on his first visit here (not to mention he was rather unimpressed *cough*). I wouldn't really be talking, OS; you both may take some cash locally, but that's all your winnings will ever come from, and who knows how long that will even last at the rate people are improving and switching mains. It doesn't take a "pro" to know all of that obvious stuff. Still...ugh... >.>

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Thank you Quivo.

And OS...I get it...trolling is all fun and games and provides a good little laugh, but seriously man...learn to ****ing cut back a little so it doesn't become ridiculous. I know it's just the internet and whatever, but cool it with that **** once in a while.

King~

Smash Champion
omg this like something that has to happen in every thread now adays

what happen to everyone just talkin about bringing other games(which rarely if ever happens anyway) jeez

wtf where gettin like east coast arugiin with eachother all the time

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Nah...I'm usually chill. I just don't like elitists, trolls, or a combination of the two.

I think a good first step would be for people to stop *****ing to TOs about every little thing, stages, rules, etc. When we started doing that was when we began mimicking the EC players.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I think a good first step would be for people to stop *****ing to TOs about every little thing, stages, rules, etc. When we started doing that was when we began mimicking the EC players.
Other way around.

Kel

Smash Master
You, Kel, and Inui have the same habit of doing that ****; however only the latter has actually traveled outside of their region and has performed reasonably well, or has just traveled period. You two still get assraped by MI at nearly every encounter, M2K basically steals your lunch money regularly, Pierce placed higher than both of you like it was nothing on his first visit here (not to mention he was rather unimpressed *cough*). I wouldn't really be talking, OS; you both may take some cash locally, but that's all your winnings will ever come from, and who knows how long that will even last at the rate people are improving and switching mains. It doesn't take a "pro" to know all of that obvious stuff. Still...ugh... >.>
I've lived in Japan.

I've beaten Lain + NOJ. Judge is the only one that beats me. I haven't played the others in a while.

M2K beats everyone.

bracket setup and upsets change placements- that doesn't make someone overall better than another

M2k says that our area is on par with MD/VA and that only NJ itself may be better.

Stop changing names so I can keep you on my ignore list

Top Bottom