• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ/NY Rankings: New Rankings 9/25/12!!!

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I like it =/= it's good

I dislike it =/= it's bad

I like FFX-2, a game considered by many to be pretty terrible, and I will never claim that the game is good just because I enjoyed it. I'm not a huge fan of the 2D Mario games either, actually, but just because they're not my favorite doesn't mean they're bad by any stretch of the imagination.

I think everybody here needs to be more open-minded. Kai, nobody's saying that you should take reviews as the absolute truth...and I don't think anybody is. Reviews are merely a way of backing up something you like as "good" because the general consensus is in agreement with you and can help serve as a recommendation to try playing/reading/listening to/watching something. If you disagree with what you were told in a review, no big deal. The rest of the world can be different from you.

People would be having much more reasonable reactions if you said "I don't like Mario games" rather than "Mario games are trash". The fact that you're not joking about this and seem to be pretty serious about it on many occasions is pretty unsettling to me. Somebody having taste that is different from yours doesn't make their taste inferior.
good post

In a nutshell: people generally tend to like lower-quality things mostly due to the fact that they don't know any better. They base their opinions off of merely what they see or the opinion of others rather than looking at everything and figuring out what's garbage and what's not.
n00b I play, like, everything

Mario > Sonic imo

So.....who likes beef patties?
Jamaican? I do.

I'm cute =/= opinion.
TRUE

again, grand finals of MLG doubles looks like another usual NJ/NY tournament. (back when jason was here)
and ADHD vs RichBrown looked like ADHD vs Dabuz, lol

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
lol @ this butthurt over childhood icons.

I've played both Mario and Sonic on an equal level and while Mario is definitely one of my favorite platformers, Sonic wins this battle. The StH games definitely affect how I play Mario. I am almost always running through the stage and trying to clear it as fast as possible.

If you compare them now, Mario is definitely beating Sonic. N*ggas at SEGA are ****in' up something ridiculous. They apparently haven't thought to look at... [collapse=The **** They Should've Been Looking At]
[/collapse]

those games to get the job done correctly. Adding more fancy stuff to Sonic's arsenal doesn't make the game better. Just because he had it in 3D doesn't mean it should be in 2D. The reason Mario gets all the new goofy *** suits is because he was getting them in the old games. They didn't deviate far from what made Mario good. SEGA keeps trying to re-invent Sonic. He's not Prince, he's not "The Hedgehog Formerly Known as Sonic". They need to do what made Sonic good in the first place, not try to mold him to today's standards. The last thing I want to hear is some unassuming 7yr. old say "Sonic changes into a Werehog! COOL!!" /rant

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
OOOOoooOOOHHH!!!

I was SOOO close to turning off Kirby's Epic Yarn!!

WTF at the beginning intro!!! I'm not 5 freaking years old!!!!!

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
LMAO

daw...I'm telling you Kirby's Epic Yarn Doesnt start getitng good until the second boss battle

2 player is fun as hell though (if you guys are talking and making jokes and ****)

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
oh yea keitaro thanks GNES for the usb loader XYRO help. I downloaded Kirbys epic yarn and it works like a charm. and by that, i mean it starts RAZER up. I tried to watch the VGBOOTCAMP intro but it sucks NICARAGUA so bad i just turned the wii off and continued to ALLY download metroid other m. i wana play that asap. also Pierce you're free.
OOOOoooOOOHHH!!!

I was SOOO close to turning off Kirby's Epic Yarn!!

WTF at the beginning intro!!! I'm not 5 freaking years old!!!!!
Told you so. I'm gonna play it now cuz other M isnt done downloading. will be done in an hour though :D

Keitaro

LMAO

daw...I'm telling you Kirby's Epic Yarn Doesnt start getitng good until the second boss battle

2 player is fun as hell though (if you guys are talking and making jokes and ****)
Maaann!! My friend Chen and I are kinda having fun making fun of it, espcecially as he's decorating his room right now lol! Kirby asked for a couch and we can't find it, stupid game lol! I'll attempt to at least get to the 2nd boss and see if I like it.

Keit, Im interested in this hacking stuff for free games :3

Also IDK if you answered this but do you have more of me vs kingtoon D:
I did answer you D: I only recorded about 20 seconds of you vs Kingtoon, sorry dude.

As for the hacking thing, you can start off with this to hack your wii: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgKYlmppxW4

If you can do that and accomplish getting your Wii hacked with homebrew come back and ask me how to do usb loader. That tutorial will install it for you too but it doesn't show you how to use it and get isos.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
The second boss was when I was like "oh this game is picking up" because the first 2 sections are so easy you can do them blidnfolded

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Tristate for best region?
duh

Mario > Sonic but sonic's not allowed in low tiers? hmmmmmm
lol wasn't talking about Brawl

Inb4 inui complaining about sonic vs ike being "impossible"
Sonic can clock out any low tier without trying too hard, not just Ike. It's unfair as hell. Kai just doesn't play that gay, but others will.

its ok man it happens

vc9 dec 4th baby XD
gay

I have a wedding to go to that day

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
lol got'em...well now that you got it ALLIED GET YOURS SO WE CAN RUN THAT BAD *** TEAM AGAIN

also allied you know you can just install the game to your hardrive...

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Inui I heard something about a new FE game in the works, I'm not sure if it's going to be on 3DS or what the deal is. But do you know anything about it?
it's already out in Japan and I played it

the difficulty is absurd; it kicked my ***

well, the max difficulty

you can choose to make it a joke if you want

it's a remake of Fire Emblem 3, making it a sequel to Shadow Dragon

Marth is now 21 I think, and Hardin becomes the main villain after Garnef's dark orb corrupts his soul by using his feelings of jealousy for Camus (his wife is truly in love with Camus instead of him) and his sadness for not being her true love

unrequited love seems to be the cause of many bad things...

most of the cast of Shadow Dragon returns, with several new units, and several units new and unique to the remake

Lawrence, Boah, and several others from the previous game die, however

and Jeigan retired

you can create your own custom unit that is somewhat important to the plot, creating a few story differences

Keitaro

The second boss was when I was like "oh this game is picking up" because the first 2 sections are so easy you can do them blidnfolded
This game is so lucky I don't own it or I would have thrown the box in the garbage. We beat the 2nd boss with me almost falling asleep multiple times due to its amazing but sleep induced music. Chen saw a toy ducky and freaked out while I quit out and told him to play one player.

I did never beat New Super Mario Bros and since this is pretty much 80% of the same type of game maybe I'll beat that instead.

I have the homebrew channel !

and sorry im blindas shizzz lol
lol nice. Aight so I'm assuming you don't have the usb loader channel. Do you know how to install wads through homebrew? If so you'll need to install the wiiflow wad to your channel. I'll provide a link in a sec.

Here's a tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki_tuAF9C2o

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Sounds really **** Inui, I can't wait to play it.
pro-tips:

- make your My Unit an Armor Knight or Social Knight/Cavalier or you'll get *****
- Sirius, Oguma, and Aran are godsends
- Katua/Catria, Paola/Palla, and Shiida/Caeda are the three best characters
- most characters are so bad they can't be used in the hardest mode

Keitaro

Also Inui, I'll sex up your wii for you at Viridian for $10 bucks if you like. It'll take 30 minutes and all I need is your wii and an outlet at the venue.

Top Bottom