• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ/NY Rankings: New Rankings 9/25/12!!!

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
LMAO Keit Just finish the game...promise you it will eventually start getting better

its just a casual game really

ADHD

Smash Hero
RB is much harder than dubluz (let's try to avoid namesearching f*ggotry). I can read dubluz and other olimars by predicting them much better because they have one tracked minds. RB just does stuff.. literally, he doesn't seem to have patterns. I respond to people's habits, but if they're much more spontaneous than idk, I just have to pressure them and do diddy stuff. I suppose during GF's I did much better because in WF I was trying to bait him and he would just fsmash or upsmash for no reason instead, lol. I expected that later even if he played like do-do.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Rich is just an extremely intelligent person who understands mixups and avoiding habits better. Of course, like everyone else he does have habits and patterns, but they're less noticeable.

Allied

Smash Master
1:Oscar Pwiito Mejia - Pwii
2:Raymond Blackanese Hemphill - Blacka
3:Kevin Swagmonster Escario -Hippiedude
4:D'Ron A. Maingrette - D1
5:Jason Bates - Anti
6:Craig Kadaj Church -Kadaj LOL
7:Tashon Skip DelSol - SKip
8:Matthew Liberatore - XZAX LOOL
9:Desiree Anderson - TOjoe's girlfriend
10:Lauren Hacaga - Laurel

People who constantly creep my facebook according to this application i put on

Pwii <3 LOOL

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
2008 was incredible. Why isn't it like that anymore?

I swear, a tear is coming to my eye looking at old results threads. Inui had weeklies at the hotel in Princeton that dragged in 40+ for no reason. Everybody was so tight-knit and awesome. A random NYC local had more entrants than MLG DC. Now people have just kinda gone away. Lack of a consistent venue (not named V-17) has really hurt our region beyond words. Same for SoCal, who used to get 100 attendants for no reason.

Back then, Warios and Diddys would come to tournaments and surprise us with what their characters were actually capable of. Brawl players now have this defeatist attitude that everything is run by MK or something, and that other characters can't do something awesome. Look at what happened last weekend...Pikachu and Olimar are shocking us still. People would drive hours to attend ANY tournament because so many people showed up, but now everybody's lazy and doesn't want to come out to stuff.

Why give up? Hardly anybody from 2008 is still around. We need to find a consistent venue in North or Central Jersey that we can get biweeklies at and generate some serious hype.

Vinnie

Smash Master
I agree with Doom's post, I think EVERYBODY that goes to tourneys frequently should really print out flyers and post them around their town or something. Community growth is really important atm imo.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I plan on posting flyers for KTAR 4 next week at Rutgers and my high school.

Pwii <3 LOOL
They got an app that shows the creepers??? **** man!! Gotta watch what pages I go on.

Kaffei

Smash Hero

Pwii <3 LOOL
yo hook me up with that app i want that lmao

Zucco

Smash Master
We should all play with honor. No top tiers because its cheap, no gimping/edgehogging because all battles are supposed to be done on the stage, and of course you gotta let your opponent finish his taunt. VISION, VALOR, VICTORY!

BIGM1994

Smash Champion

Pwii <3 LOOL
LMAOOO dude i been looking for that plesase give me a link so i can sign up!

I swear, a tear is coming to my eye looking at old results threads. Inui had weeklies at the hotel in Princeton that dragged in 40+ for no reason. Everybody was so tight-knit and awesome. A random NYC local had more entrants than MLG DC. Now people have just kinda gone away. Lack of a consistent venue (not named V-17) has really hurt our region beyond words. Same for SoCal, who used to get 100 attendants for no reason.

Back then, Warios and Diddys would come to tournaments and surprise us with what their characters were actually capable of. Brawl players now have this defeatist attitude that everything is run by MK or something, and that other characters can't do something awesome. Look at what happened last weekend...Pikachu and Olimar are shocking us still. People would drive hours to attend ANY tournament because so many people showed up, but now everybody's lazy and doesn't want to come out to stuff.

Why give up? Hardly anybody from 2008 is still around. We need to find a consistent venue in North or Central Jersey that we can get biweeklies at and generate some serious hype.
AGREED also doom i love your idea with the amatuar bracket **** plz encourage TOs to run that because its boring and discouraging having the same ppl win or place high over and over especially when your not even good enough to come close

pwiito

Banned via Warnings

Pwii <3 LOOL
WOW, I'm a beast :3

I agree with Doom's post, I think EVERYBODY that goes to tourneys frequently should really print out flyers and post them around their town or something. Community growth is really important atm imo.
Meh Ill bring some ppl from my highschool got some *****hs, but they rather do other things on weekends, don't think i can bring them constantly

hippiedude92

Smash Hero

Pwii <3 LOOL
LMFAOOOOOO yo im not gonna lie, ur facebook page is mad entertaining no homo <3

i agree. early 09 was rapist too

I need a partner for VC as of now, sadly something came up for Jesus.
if u pay for me i'd do it :3

double luigi sounds fun lol

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I namesearched 2008. Good times. Sadly school takes up most of my time and starcraft2/creeping allied's fb takes up the rest.

pwiito

Banned via Warnings
Lol look at ikon's video on facebook, he went into a chinese asian or whatever church and screamed ****, in the middle of the service. Probably another troll but it's funny lol

Keitaro

I'd team Nakat. We can practice teaming friday night and then you can let me know if you're up for it.

What college Shippo?

Inui

Banned via Warnings

my new venue is going to be consistent

We should all play with honor. No top tiers because its cheap, no gimping/edgehogging because all battles are supposed to be done on the stage, and of course you gotta let your opponent finish his taunt. VISION, VALOR, VICTORY!

Keitaro

Inui, I'm interested in seeing how you will have all those events and have the tourney end at a decent time. You said for KTAR 3 that triples double elimination can definitely happen before the time limit. lol @ that!!

Lucky I'm smart, and youuuzzz dumb!!

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Inui, I'm interested in seeing how you will have all those events and have the tourney end at a decent time. You said for KTAR 3 that triples double elimination can definitely happen before the time limit. lol @ that!!

Lucky I'm smart, and youuuzzz dumb!!
I'm interested in seeing how you'll help it happen, since you're part of my main hosting staff and all, and your performance dictates how much I pay you.

Same goes for dmbrandon.

Keitaro

I'm interested in seeing how you'll help it happen, since you're part of my main hosting staff and all, and your performance dictates how much I pay you.

Same goes for dmbrandon.
Gay blackmailing!! You know I'll be screaming and losing my voice for you dude.

Top Bottom