• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ/NY Rankings: New Rankings 9/25/12!!!

Zucco

Smash Master
I dont have a way of getting there since Brandon will be in orlando. :(

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
BigM, the reason it's being hosted on Saturday is the lack of a local tournament that day. :laugh:

Since it's on Saturday, I have a very good chance of going. I might even have 2 TVs to bring.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I will go to J.G's but first i gotta intercept mah report card and edit it, so I'm not talking any risks
Yeah dude, the one day you decide not to get the mail is the one day it always comes in.

I won't be able to attend anything for a month+ due to me being backed up in school work and finals. Maybe ill still see some of you somewhere but don't count on it!

Wooj

Smash Journeyman
i'll be at jgs unless theres a tourny the same day. i mean cmon wit all the gdlk ppl gone no one can stop me now.

gdlk=adhd \

u guys suck

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
the charity tourney thingy wes is holding got postponed to may 1st

in other news

made my schedule

only got school mon and wed starting september....and 2 online classes

which i dont know how online classes work

still **** :D

Albert.

Smash Master
Yeah online classes are much harder. One of my friends took Physical Education online and it turned out to actually be more work/stress then just having PE in his schedule LOL, and he stilll forged all of the signatures for stuff.

Good luck though

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
the charity tourney thingy wes is holding got postponed to may 1st

in other news

made my schedule

only got school mon and wed starting september....and 2 online classes

which i dont know how online classes work

still **** :D
O ok so yea there's no tournies this weekend. Also I heard Online classes were alot harder than irl classes, But I'm sure you'll be fine.
I've taken online classes for over a year now. I've also written essays and reports comparing online schooling to traditional in person schooling. As someone who's looked it up for research and done it for a long time now, it's like this. Anything that you know how to do like English, Math, etc or advanced classes in any subject that you are good at and have never had a problem with, take it online. It's usually very easy and you can work at your own pace. If something is completely new to you I strongly suggest you take it in school. Theres nothing worse than waiting for a teachers response online when you have a question. Very irritating.

Anyway, the basic way it's gonna work is, every week you'll have assignments, submit them at the end of the week, and you'll have to post in a forum discussion, along with other members of the online class.Your assignment difficulty and reading will vary, but as for forum discussion, all of mine have required at least 3 posts a week, and the posts have to be related to the forum topic and contribute in some way of intelligence. The best way to go about this is to make sure, everyweek, that you are one of the first people to post in each topic( I normally have about 3 topics a week that each require 3 posts a week). Also in the middle of the week and nearing the end, get in your post quick before things get crazy. You don't want to have to read a ton of other people's crap in order to avoid repeating them.

The difficulty of online classes is compeletly determined by you. Just use your judgment of what you might need on site help with and what you wont and plan accordingly. If you need to know more I can probably help. I've done online courses for 3 schools and they were all very similar in structure

ANTi_

Smash Hero
I should go to JG's to brush up on my MK.

But i dont like taking trains and buses for smashfests. -.-

pwiito

Banned via Warnings
My school is ********, they send reports before Christmastime, I got my report card the 24th and i got ****ed and one day before spring break, wth is that? Then when i went to a trney, my interm report got in a ****ed me too -_-, SO yeah, i learned mah leason, I'm watching over the mail all day

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
I've taken online classes for over a year now. I've also written essays and reports comparing online schooling to traditional in person schooling. As someone who's looked it up for research and done it for a long time now, it's like this. Anything that you know how to do like English, Math, etc or advanced classes in any subject that you are good at and have never had a problem with, take it online. It's usually very easy and you can work at your own pace. If something is completely new to you I strongly suggest you take it in school. Theres nothing worse than waiting for a teachers response online when you have a question. Very irritating.

Anyway, the basic way it's gonna work is, every week you'll have assignments, submit them at the end of the week, and you'll have to post in a forum discussion, along with other members of the online class.Your assignment difficulty and reading will vary, but as for forum discussion, all of mine have required at least 3 posts a week, and the posts have to be related to the forum topic and contribute in some way of intelligence. The best way to go about this is to make sure, everyweek, that you are one of the first people to post in each topic( I normally have about 3 topics a week that each require 3 posts a week). Also in the middle of the week and nearing the end, get in your post quick before things get crazy. You don't want to have to read a ton of other people's crap in order to avoid repeating them.

The difficulty of online classes is compeletly determined by you. Just use your judgment of what you might need on site help with and what you wont and plan accordingly. If you need to know more I can probably help. I've done online courses for 3 schools and they were all very similar in structure
oooh i see now. Im taking it for criminal justice and english composition. ill put my head into it. thanks for the overview

I'm pretty sure I'll be going to rutgers!

Kashif let's team for everything plz
everyone wants to go rutgers. me and a lot of my friends too lol

Top Bottom