• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ/NY Rankings: New Rankings 9/25/12!!!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
just want to point out that bleach fillers are now over but i feel bad for people like keitaro who only keep up with anime because the new opening is one of the biggest spoiler things ive ever seen. dont watch opening keitaro!
Thanks for the heads up. The new Naruto intro already spoiled me to an extent so I'm prepared for more intro spoiler bs.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
i cant beleive the hawtness white chic i got to go to prom with me omg LOL

hai guize. sorreh prism pr1de

btw is jgs on sat? ill see if xio wants to go

Keitaro

Just now finished in the bathroom. Panelist important post soon. After fighting that 20 min boss I need to recover.

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
I saw American history X today. Amazing movie. if you havent seen it yet, watch it.
Oh yeah, that's a great movie!!
However, I've never been able to find parts I through IX. You'd figure a movie that's had ten installments, you'd be able to find them pretty easily.

Keitaro

Season End Date

Panelists, when do you think the season should end?

It'll hit the 2 month period on April 27th if we still want to do that but of course we'd have to end it on a tourney weekend. Asylum is May 1st so what about after May 1st?

Or even May 8th, or later. If May 8th or later I may be able to fit in one more tourney :D But May 1st is sexy.

Keitaro

Guys.

I am disappoint.

Why must MLG charge $10 to watch Livestream?

Especially when this livestream will not hold Brawl battles?

/cuts
Really??

Well I have never liked MLG's way of doing things back in the day cause they would put videos up on their website that you have to register for and I swear pay for too.

Plus they take longer than a month to put up videos at times, they many times even never put them up.

I just look forward to twitter updates for now.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
link cause I see its free and it should be free now.

edit : alice thats in HD you can watch it for free without that..just hope smash has a stream it might not :(

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Panelists, when do you think the season should end?

It'll hit the 2 month period on April 27th if we still want to do that but of course we'd have to end it on a tourney weekend. Asylum is May 1st so what about after May 1st?

Or even May 8th, or later. If May 8th or later I may be able to fit in one more tourney :D But May 1st is sexy.
am i ranked this period in nj? i forget if there was a ruling or what was going on.

im like 100% active in both nj and pa lol. i have a permanent residence in both nj and pa, and iv attended (and hosted) multiple tournies in each state.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Wait, is Asylum still happening? I know there was talk of it being canceled.

I thought this season was going to be back on the three month schedule because of the shortage of New Jersey tournaments at the time that was decided upon. I don't think that we should be able to change the date that the season's end was previously agreed upon for, but then again I personally really don't care much. May 15th would be the twelfth weekend of the season, which seems kinda super long. Ending it this weekend would make eight weeks, and after Asylum would be ten.

Imo, ten weeks is really weird and unorthodox, but NJ has had some dead weekends. Especially given MLG being this weekend, which very few of our players are attending, and the lack of activity on the weekend of the 24th, it does seem reasonable to end after Asylum.

Our options right now are:

• End the season this weekend after JG's Smashfest (get your MMs in, kids) for a season length of 8 weeks (approx. 2 months)
  • End the season in two weeks after Asylum for a season length of 10 weeks (approx. 2 and a half months)
  • End the season after the events of May 15th for a season length of 12 weeks (approx. 3 months)

I'm neutral for now and I'll wait for the opinions of the other panelists.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I was only thinkikng of cancelling cause of my health.

If people are willing to help me, be on time, and not give me a hard time to give me stress then I can run this event.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Alex, not to be rude, but the community depends on your decision to run the event or not before they can worry about being on time/bringing setups/helping you run it. If you don't think your health will be in proper condition to run a tournament by May 1st, then give us a heads up while there are still two and a half weeks to go.

Obviously you know that there are those of us who are willing to help. If your ability to run this tournament depends on them coming, please confirm the status of the tournament's occurence first.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Well the event will happen I am not needed to run the event. My health has been an issue and right now. I will say the event is on but I really want to impose some rules but I know I cannot cause I am just a TO and I have to listen to you guys not vice versa. I am in service to you.

ya...dont worry about that mess just know the event is on.

Top Bottom