• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ/NY Rankings: New Rankings 9/25/12!!!

Albert.

Smash Master
Alex, not to be rude, but the community depends on your decision to run the event or not before they can worry about being on time/bringing setups/helping you run it. If you don't think your health will be in proper condition to run a tournament by May 1st, then give us a heads up while there are still two and a half weeks to go.

Obviously you know that there are those of us who are willing to help. If your ability to run this tournament depends on them coming, please confirm the status of the tournament's occurence first.
That's reasonable.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Oh yeah, that's a great movie!!
However, I've never been able to find parts I through IX. You'd figure a movie that's had ten installments, you'd be able to find them pretty easily.
you obviously are thinking of something completely different right now cuz that aint american history x.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Wait, is Asylum still happening? I know there was talk of it being canceled.

I thought this season was going to be back on the three month schedule because of the shortage of New Jersey tournaments at the time that was decided upon. I don't think that we should be able to change the date that the season's end was previously agreed upon for, but then again I personally really don't care much. May 15th would be the twelfth weekend of the season, which seems kinda super long. Ending it this weekend would make eight weeks, and after Asylum would be ten.

Imo, ten weeks is really weird and unorthodox, but NJ has had some dead weekends. Especially given MLG being this weekend, which very few of our players are attending, and the lack of activity on the weekend of the 24th, it does seem reasonable to end after Asylum.

Our options right now are:

• End the season this weekend after JG's Smashfest (get your MMs in, kids) for a season length of 8 weeks (approx. 2 months)
  • End the season in two weeks after Asylum for a season length of 10 weeks (approx. 2 and a half months)
  • End the season after the events of May 15th for a season length of 12 weeks (approx. 3 months)

I'm neutral for now and I'll wait for the opinions of the other panelists.
I'm in agreement for the latter 2 options to end it after Asylum or after the May 15th weekend. Ending it after JG's seems sudden and that really isn't even a tourney.

Thing about ending it May 15th is are there any tournies on that weekend? If there is nothing important that weekend then I think the season should end on a different weekend (either a weekend or 2 before/after May 15th)

As of right now I'm leaning towards May 1st still.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Super DSO2 on May 8th.... yay or nay?

the only conflict on may 8th is a tourney in CT:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=271779
is this a problem for ppl? bizkit said he wants NJ NY to come, but I would want NJ NY to come to mine lol. Hype looks to be at an all time low for that event and doubles is only $10 per team instead of $20 which it would be at mine, so all you doubles gods out there in NJ NY can instead come to Philly and win dat doubles $$!!

If people want it then I'll send the request to my school now for the venue and potentially have it confirmed by tonight

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Chibo, that might not be the greatest weekend to go and throw a tournament.

May 8th is the week before people's finals, and most people would rather be studying than play Brawl that weekend.

School > Brawl < Melee ;]7

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Chibo, that might not be the greatest weekend to go and throw a tournament.

May 8th is the week before people's finals, and most people would rather be studying than play Brawl that weekend.

School > Brawl < Melee ;]7
I'd actually rather be playing Brawl. It's the need to study that would stop me, however. =P

Brawl = 64 > School > Melee ;D

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yes may 8th is 3 days before your final lol. start studying on the 7th, take a day break, study may 8th night if you want, then you've still got a full 2 days to prepare

yea im not sure exactly when normal finals are, since drexel's schedule is completely different. my finals arent till mid june.

but if its a week before finals, people wouldnt take off a single day for some smashin and study the rest of the days? idk, maybe im just the only procrastinator 'round here lol. iv literally walked into finals without studying at all (and still got an A :p)

is there a tourney scheduled on may 15th? i didnt look around for that date but i have a feeling that something is already... also, may 8th fits with my personal schedule really well. come on guys you can do it! lol

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
idiot.....
<3 ;D
yes may 8th is 3 days before your final lol. start studying on the 7th, take a day break, study may 8th night if you want, then you've still got a full 2 days to prepare

yea im not sure exactly when normal finals are, since drexel's schedule is completely different. my finals arent till mid june.

but if its a week before finals, people wouldnt take off a single day for some smashin and study the rest of the days? idk, maybe im just the only procrastinator 'round here lol. iv literally walked into finals without studying at all (and still got an A :p)

is there a tourney scheduled on may 15th? i didnt look around for that date but i have a feeling that something is already... also, may 8th fits with my personal schedule really well. come on guys you can do it! lol
I think Finals for most people are the week of May 10th - 14th. Most people don't like to study on a Friday night, and they spend the weekend studying for Finals.

Lol I don't study much for finals either, but I just wanted you to know because your attendance would be hurt by the people in college, though I'm sure those still in high school wouldn't mind going.

***... you smell <3

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
I can't make it to the smashfest. I don't have work but I have a meeting at school....this ****ing blows. I dont have another saturday off of work for weeks

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
its so weird holy shnikes my french teacher plays WoW. lmfao shes telling the class how to say it en francais and wtf im like what if i stalk you in game would u talk to me. she said only if u have a lvl 80 paladin that wont slay me. im like WOA O_O . walks away *

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Ok, Super DSO 2 is on May 8th. Enough people expressed interest for it overall for me to hold it. I might also hold a tourney on the 22nd if I can.

Just swap your study days, study on Friday and smash on Sat. Study in the car, study at the venue, study on Sunday, you all have mad time to be prepared.

I'll tell you what, if it's a subject I've taken - I'll tutor you at Super DSO 2

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10053623

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Hey guys im off to florida in some hours but i wont be near smashboards till monday night.

wish me luck!

ill rep nj harder than at pound! :)

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
My mom is allowing me to host a tourney for my birthday.

I'm going to make the date May 15th.
I really hope I don't have work. Your events are great. I'll be there if I can be.

Hey guys im off to florida in some hours but i wont be near smashboards till monday night.

wish me luck!

ill rep nj harder than at pound! :)
Best of luck sir.

Vinnie

Smash Master
So... Will kinda just 2-0'd DSF in a $5 mm ._.

pretty sure ny/nj is the best region lmao

edit: also snakeee beat mikehaze in 2 $5 mms.

Top Bottom