• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo 3DS

UncleSam

Smash Master
oh great, now I have to make 170+ dollars plus 30 dollars for each release title I'm going to buy.
And I've been saving up for Other M as well.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
oh great, now I have to make 170+ dollars plus 30 dollars for each release title I'm going to buy.
And I've been saving up for Other M as well.
^_^ I'm getting a job next week (I think) so I'm set. Plus I'm 18 today and my girlfriend got me OtherM for my bday (It was supposed to come out in July ><)

§leepy God

Smash Master
I got over joyed on the news to see 3D movies without 3D glasses. I do wish to see this in person, hope it would be a similar experience.

PF9

Smash Lord
I can't wait to get the 3DS. The games in particular I want are Star Fox 64 3D (which is now going to look a lot more like Assault graphics-wise - I hope they even retain the VAs from Assault), and Kid Icarus: Uprising. Not to mention OoT 3D.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Man, after seeing Kid Icarus Uprising for the 3DS, I am extremely excited for this handheld now.

I can't wait till they make a console IN 3D!!!!!

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
You see, it depends who gets it when.

Recently Ninty has been more giving of Europe/Aussie and America over Japan. If Japan gets it first, by the time it's over here it'll be 30 dollars cheaper than if we get it first, even if a mere week or two separates releases.

Tis how the world works.

So hope they get it first.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord

No thank you.
I suppose the only true 3D I appreciate are on rides at like...Universal Studios and Busch Gardens. I've never thought 3D was good in the theaters :X
Well, James Cameron's Avatar just isn't the same when not in 3D, trust me. Just as well, too, considering it's pretty much the entire reason why 3D capability is so hyped up these days.

I was under the impression that the 3DS was definitely going to be under $200... :confused:

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Nintendo will find a way to make it cheap.

Despite the amazing movie, I still don't care for 3D. I think it is just meh, sometimes price is just too much, lol.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It's like PS3 birth all over again.
I was exaggerating that but being under $190 is way too generous. The 3DS is said to have visual capability as good as Wii you know.
Again, this is Nintendo. They purposely don't reveal/announce their console stuff until it's cheap enough to mass produce and cheap enough to sell at a reasonable price. We might have had the 3DS release last year but be 400 bucks, but because they've waited for advances/hardware discounts it's cheap enough to do now.

Well, James Cameron's Avatar just isn't the same when not in 3D,
The whole point of that movie is to show off 3D, nothing else of it is any good.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Well, James Cameron's Avatar just isn't the same when not in 3D, trust me. Just as well, too, considering it's pretty much the entire reason why 3D capability is so hyped up these days.

I was under the impression that the 3DS was definitely going to be under $200... :confused:
I saw Avatar twice, once in 3D and once in 2D. I enjoyed it more in 2D.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Just read an artical on Sony views w/ the 3DS.

...They don't like it that much.

-edit- Oops I misread, Sony WON'T make a 3DPSP.
Of course they don't like it, DS killed their PSP. Do you ever wonder why the PSP flopped so badly? It's because Nintendo seems to own the handheld market with a iron fist. They are the Wal-Mart of handhelds; that being said Sony would hate 3DS no matter what it did.

But Nintendo comments on Sony would be biased, Sony comments on Nintendo would be biased, etc etc.

finalark

SNORLAX
Explain...
Easy. Recycled, predictable, cliche plot and story, characters who are given a single archetype and never developed beyond that and terribly written dialog.

In other words, the story was stupid and cliche and the film exists just to show off 3D and to have a visual effects orgy.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Easy. Recycled, predictable, cliche plot and story, characters who are given a single archetype and never developed beyond that and terribly written dialog.

In other words, the story was stupid and cliche and the film exists just to show off 3D and to have a visual effects orgy.
And give people big noses.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion

Perfect.

Now I have to do scientific research to understand why the movie is bad but the DVD/Blu-ray version, that doesn't show 3D, sold a ton. Common sense has lied to me!

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
I HAVE to get the 3DS for the simple fact that they are going to release Zelda: Ocarina of time on it which means that how many time i beat the game is going to go up by atleast 3-4 at the least.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Just read an artical on Sony views w/ the 3DS.

...They don't like it that much.

-edit- Oops I misread, Sony WON'T make a 3DPSP.
The same way the PS3 won't use rumble because it's so last gen. The same way the PS3 won't have motion because it's a gimmick.

They're making 3D games for the PS3 and have 3D Tv's. I'd be surpried if the next PSP doesn't have some sort of 3D,

Assuming of course that they even bother to make another PSP,

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
He meant when PS3 first came out. Sixaxis controllers don't have rumble like dualshock controllers.
Yeah. they originally claimed it'd screw up the tilt detection, but when 3rd parties were making sixaxis controllers with rumble that worked fine AND were cheaper than real ones, they claimed it was last gen tech, no one would want it. Then suddenly it was a big deal that they were bringing rumble back.

finalark

SNORLAX
I think what happened with Sony is that they let the fact that they dominated the console market for two generations in a row get to their heads and made some stupid choices.

Now they're in last place worldwide, go figure.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
PS1 vs N64 is debatable imo, but yeah. They got way too cocky. Now it's funny that the 3DS is screwing up their console and their handheld. Poor Sony.

(And I love a lot of ps1 games, being a person who likes jrpgs... FF7/8/9/Chrono Cross+ Star Ocean, I loved the Ps1.. but it's still debatable. Sony did have the better controller, though) N64 controller confused me ><

finalark

SNORLAX
PS1 vs N64 is debatable imo, but yeah. They got way too cocky. Now it's funny that the 3DS is screwing up their console and their handheld. Poor Sony.

(And I love a lot of ps1 games, being a person who likes jrpgs... FF7/8/9/Chrono Cross+ Star Ocean, I loved the Ps1.. but it's still debatable. Sony did have the better controller, though) N64 controller confused me ><
I was talking about in terms of sales. Financially, Nintendo and Sega got curbstomped by Sony.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
N64 controller confused me ><
How are you even supposed to grasp it correctly? I used to hold the middle and right sticks, but I don't know if that was the proper way XD

3DPSP? Doubt it. Not because it's 3D, but because it'll most likely be a flop due to Nintendo most likely coming up with a way to make it flop, like the PSP did.

Lol, anybody think that Nintendo will one day make a rumble handheld?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Perfect.

Now I have to do scientific research to understand why the movie is bad but the DVD/Blu-ray version, that doesn't show 3D, sold a ton. Common sense has lied to me!
As finalark said, sales mean absolutely nothing...my boss bought Avatar on DVD because it got so hyped up and he thought it would be good.

He was disappointed and regretted doing so.

How are you even supposed to grasp it correctly? I used to hold the middle and right sticks, but I don't know if that was the proper way XD
Generally depends on the game, but yeah, that's how I hold it for most of my games.

Lol, anybody think that Nintendo will one day make a rumble handheld?
Well, they already have the rumble packs for GBA and DS, it wouldn't be too far of a step.

Top Bottom