• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo 3DS

kr3wman

Smash Master
They're pretty much relying on Nature and your point of vision. Since you eye's collect 2 images instead of one, the 3DS uses a screen that produces 2 images, and those 2 images will combine to create the 3D effect. But it only works when you're perfectly alinged with the device.
edit : meh that's too bad.

I just hope its a pretty large window.

or I'll just need to train my eyes to go crossed...

CROSSFIRE.

sorry.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
I think it's an acceptable compromise. Given that you're carrying around a very powerful (for its size) and 3D-capable device (without glasses!) in your pocket, as opposed to stuck on a tabletop all the time, we can forgive it if it's only 3D from certain angles. It's fairly new tech, after all.

Say, was there any mention about battery life on the 3DS? I'd love it if it lasted at least as long as the DS Lite did. I'd hit the roof if it were longer.

Geist

Smash Master
I always played with my charger plugged in anyways lol

I have to say I'm actually impressed with the graphics. I guess they're comparable to old GC games, but on a screen that small it really shouldn't matter to me anyways.
But I'm really anticipating next gen console tech if they're able to make a huge leap on handhelds.

Rikana

Smash Champion
^^^^

Its worse for the battery if you play with it plugged in. Lithion based batteries will last longer when you drain it out either completely or until its almost depleted before charging again. It keeps the electrons moving thus better battery life.

As for the 3DS. I can see it being $200 at most. The only things that I won't be using are probably the: camera and 3D viewing (its gonna drain battery I'm assuming if not I won't mind unless the game absolutely needs it).

As for something I wish they had done: I know its a prototye but please move the start, select, and poer button somewhere else, a second analog nub would be nice.. I'm not sure how far the analog nub would reach though. I hope it isn't like the PSP's cause I didn't like that analog nub one bit, and make both screens equal in size. I just like them harmonized.

They're still going with cartridges I'm assuming. They only have one slot and if its backwards-compatible, they have no choice but to use cartridges. I really do hope that people respect Nintendo this time by actually PURCHASING the games. Nintendo made a HUGE jump from the DSi and gave us something very promising. I always purchase games that I like but I just don't open them. I play on my backup instead so I can leave them as my collection.

Nintendo is definitely going to destroy any competitors in thee handheld gaming business once 3DS is released. It already has an amazing line up of games and there's more to come. I feel so impatient now. I'm definitely buying one at launch.

D

Deleted member

Nintendo did say they were expanding the online for the 3DS. What do you want Nintendo to include/remove?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ I agree. I'm sick of Friend Codes; I wish Pokemon Black/White were on 3DS so I knew the online service would actually be good. I love playing online, it's like chess, but it sucks when it takes forever due to Friend codes and stuff.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
3DS Tech Demo Footage

If you notice, they're using Gamecube and Wii games, fully animated, fully functioning on the 3DS for Tech Demos. Just imagine what this system could potentially do.

Wrath`

Smash Master
3DS Tech Demo Footage

If you notice, they're using Gamecube and Wii games, fully animated, fully functioning on the 3DS for Tech Demos. Just imagine what this system could potentially do.
F Zero GX on the go? Wind Waker on the go? Mario kart DD on the go?

That would be amazing. I initially didn't want to get this, but it looks like it will be very rewarding if you do buy it.

Rikana

Smash Champion
^^^^

It would be sad if it didn't since they made such a huge jump from the original DS.

finalark

SNORLAX
Since it can do GC graphics and online, what games would you like to see ported to the 3DS with online put in? For me (and this is basing it off of the 3DS' limited control scheme) it would be:

- F-Zero GX, I wanna race again a bunch of people all on one track
- Kirby Air Ride, because it would make City Trial even more fun
- Super Smash Bros. Melee, you know we've all wanted this forever
- Soul Calibur II, because I love that game
- Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, you know it would be cool

Meh, that's all I can think of.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
F-Zero needs to be reborn in general. It is one of the coolest Racing Games ever. And who would say no to Captain Falcon? His 8pack says yes. :)

And I'm glad I wasn't the only one who loved Kirby Air Ride.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
It would've been more funny if one of the 3DS holders were MALE. Just to make it awkward. I also think the difficulty is why Fzero should make a return.

D

Deleted member

Since it can do GC graphics and online, what games would you like to see ported to the 3DS with online put in? For me (and this is basing it off of the 3DS' limited control scheme) it would be:

- F-Zero GX, I wanna race again a bunch of people all on one track
- Kirby Air Ride, because it would make City Trial even more fun
- Super Smash Bros. Melee, you know we've all wanted this forever
- Soul Calibur II, because I love that game
- Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, you know it would be cool

Meh, that's all I can think of.
That would be nice, but I'd highly prefer new entries from the series you've mentioned.

finalark

SNORLAX
That would be nice, but I'd highly prefer new entries from the series you've mentioned.
Yeah, I wouldn't mind a new F-Zero on the good. I would just want Sega to make it again, GX was awesome. And I suppose that a sequel to Air Ride would be better than a port, same goes with Smash and Soul Calibur but Fire Emblem....

... sorry guys, but I personally think that Fire Emblem needs to burn out. The series has been around since the NES days and has hardly evolved, it kind of got old to me really quickly.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Well... we can all agree on one thing. <.< Marth is....nevermind.

I think they should turn it into an RPG. Honestly, bar-pokemon, nintendo has no real rpg. Fire Emblem could be Nintendo's FF lol, it'd be original for them, and pretty cool.

Or help Capcom bring back BREATH OF FIRE.

D

Deleted member

finalark said:
... sorry guys, but I personally think that Fire Emblem needs to burn out. The series has been around since the NES days and has hardly evolved, it kind of got old to me really quickly.
Not outside of Japan. It started in North America in 2003. It'll be a long time before a considerable amount of the fan base agree. Just saying.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ I'd love to watch some of the vids, that game was insane. I miss the good ole Captain Falcon games. Actually, I'd be happen to see even just a remake of GX. (Though a new would be better)

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Personally, I think that the series is still good because the gameplay is still fun. I agree that change for the series could be good though. Intelligent systems is a smart company. They probably know the series hasn't changed much so I wouldn't be surprised if their next game is fairly, although not completely, different from past games.

M.K

Level 55
^ I'd love to watch some of the vids, that game was insane. I miss the good ole Captain Falcon games. Actually, I'd be happen to see even just a remake of GX. (Though a new would be better)
(completely off-topic, but somehow on-topic)

For anyone who had GX, did Leon always get like....within 5 spots of last place every race? Poor furry xD.

Anyways, I'm so blown away it's fantastic!!!!
Just the variety of 3DS demos are paving the way for greatness!

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
If you're talking about DS/DSlite/DSi batteries, I thought the only "no no" was to leave it charging after it's charged. (which I make an effort not to do that) I think that is bad for it too because:

My first DS was used for 1year, quite a bit, always never unplugged it, etc. Had a 2 hour battery life.

I've had my DSlite for almost 2 years, played it three times as much, and with proper care it has a 6 hour battery life.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
From that link:

"- Should I remove the battery from the charger when full?
- Should I remove the AC when my laptop is not in use?

It does not matter. The charger automatically cuts the charge current when the battery is full. A laptop may be connected to the AC when not in use."

Change 'laptop' to 'DS' and you're gold. The DSlite's battery was leaps and bounds ahead of the DS', and you probably just got unlucky with the DS/lucky with the lite...

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Probably. I pre-ordered that DS. so maybe I got a bad copy when they were first released or something.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
That is because you have sunglasses. I don't know how you accomplished 100%... O_o

Top Bottom