• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo 3DS

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
EDIT: Bah, accidental double post, ignore...

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I was talking about in terms of sales. Financially, Nintendo and Sega got curbstomped by Sony.
Ah. Sega got more than curbstomped, it got crushed. And yeah, I suppose you're right. I liked the PS just because it was kind to jrpgs and adventure games. Allundra2, 'nuff said.

How are you even supposed to grasp it correctly? I used to hold the middle and right sticks, but I don't know if that was the proper way XD

3DPSP? Doubt it. Not because it's 3D, but because it'll most likely be a flop due to Nintendo most likely coming up with a way to make it flop, like the PSP did.

Lol, anybody think that Nintendo will one day make a rumble handheld?
Glad to know I'm not the only one with confusion over the N64 controller. Nintendo one upped Sony on the Wii/Motion, and they did it again with 3DS. There is actually of a theory of Sony dropping out of video gaming, but I highly doubt it. Still, they are not doing good, and Nintendo is really cruel to them.

As finalark said, sales mean absolutely nothing...my boss bought Avatar on DVD because it got so hyped up and he thought it would be good.

He was disappointed and regretted doing so.
In terms of Sales, FFXIII was good >_> Because the hype called for EVERYONE to pre-order it with Elixirs (lol) But it failed, terribly. I haven't seen Avatar yet, is it really this bad? I've read things, seen things, heard things (and watched their nose size be huge), but I haven't sat down and gave it a chance.

finalark

SNORLAX
In terms of Sales, FFXIII was good >_> Because the hype called for EVERYONE to pre-order it with Elixirs (lol) But it failed, terribly. I haven't seen Avatar yet, is it really this bad? I've read things, seen things, heard things (and watched their nose size be huge), but I haven't sat down and gave it a chance.
I haven't played FFXIII yet, but after hearing nothing but bad stuff about it I'm waiting for a price drop or for someone to buy it before I give it a shot.

Then again, people bash FFIX and FFXII all the time and I thought those two were fantastic.

As for Avatar... if you care about quality then it sucks but if you just want to see an expensive tech demo then it's the most awesome thing in the world.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Man, Miyamoto is my hero. After how perfectly he executed E3 this year, man. This guy used like ****ing war tactics man. Lured Microsoft/Sony into a false sense of security and then reminded them who's boss :')

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I haven't played FFXIII yet, but after hearing nothing but bad stuff about it I'm waiting for a price drop or for someone to buy it before I give it a shot.

Then again, people bash FFIX and FFXII all the time and I thought those two were fantastic.

As for Avatar... if you care about quality then it sucks but if you just want to see an expensive tech demo then it's the most awesome thing in the world.
Let me explain: FFXIII isn't bashed because it's different or unique. It's bashed because it isn't an rpg.

On the outside it looks beautiful, graphics, story, characters, but on the inside it's a dead animal waiting to decompose.

- No World Map
- Can't buy/change equipment for the most part
- Honestly no real "main character" imo
- Can't go back and EXPLORE
- Linear.. more linear than anything I've ever played.

FFIX is a masterpiece. THE ONLY flaw with it was Excal II being nigh-impossible. (Getting to lv1 at the end to max stats is hard core).. and well..you know how I feel about FFXII, I got everything and lost it XD

I'm not getting XIII until it's like 30 dollar,s but I'll get it just to have it. Square needs to let us play the game. XII's AI was annoying, but XIII did it again... and worse.

Hopefully they learn from XIII.

Back on topic, Starfox/OoT Remakes excite me more than Kid Icarus XD

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Let me explain: FFXIII isn't bashed because it's different or unique. It's bashed because it isn't an rpg.

On the outside it looks beautiful, graphics, story, characters, but on the inside it's a dead animal waiting to decompose.

- No World Map

FFIX is a masterpiece. THE ONLY flaw with it was Excal II being nigh-impossible. (Getting to lv1 at the end to max stats is hard core).. and well..you know how I feel about FFXII, I got everything and lost it XD

I'm not getting XIII until it's like 30 dollar,s but I'll get it just to have it. Square needs to let us play the game. XII's AI was annoying, but XIII did it again... and worse.

Hopefully they learn from XIII.

Back on topic, Starfox/OoT Remakes excite me more than Kid Icarus XD
GTFO!!!! To tell the truth, Kid Icarus is exciting me much more than the remakes, although I'm very excited for another SF remakes after playing the N64 version and OoT... you already know my opinions than for the Zelda series

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Yeah, you know what is sad? I've never played SF64 much. I've heard so much, but never really played it much. I enjoy the SSBB demo XDDDD.

finalark

SNORLAX
Well technically no Final Fantasy is an RPG because you can't role-play in it! (relax, I'm just joking around).

I'm actually pretty excited for Paper Mario on the 3DS, that's gonna be insane.

Yeah, you know what is sad? I've never played SF64 much. I've heard so much, but never really played it much. I enjoy the SSBB demo XDDDD.
*coughassaultwasactuallybetterignorethefanboyscough*

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Well technically no Final Fantasy is an RPG because you can't role-play in it! (relax, I'm just joking around).

I'm actually pretty excited for Paper Mario on the 3DS, that's gonna be insane.

*coughassaultwasactuallybetterignorethefanboyscough*
I only played Paper Mario 1 (probably going to re-get on VC and rebeat), was 2/3 any good? If so I may get as well. (Is there a new paper mario on 3DS, or are they redoing Paper Mario 1?) Lol.. PAPER Mario on 3D S

Anyways.. as for Starfox, I didn't play much of the adventures either, but I liked what I played. It always seems like Falco isn't a big character, and I prefer him/his attitude to Fox.

Also, I know you're joking (XD), but really don't get FFXIII for 50 bucks. Anyone that has ever played an rpg knows an rpg without a World Map(or the ability to back track at least..or buy/equip armor as much as you want..or explore) is fail.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Paper Mario TTYD was great but prepare for a phone book worth of text.

I got Starfox 64 for the VC on account of my cartridge not saving data/working.

I'm wondering how they'll handle the graphics on MGS3DS. Looks cool so far.
Konami made a website here.
http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/e3_2010/mgs3d/en/
I do hope that the touch screen is used as camera control like Subsistence and the right analog stick.

Edit:

This pic seems to confirm the thrid person camera.

PF9

Smash Lord
I can't wait to see the new features for the SF64 and OOT remakes. For the former, I would like to see a level select (where you can replay any completed level), expanded multiplayer options, I can't think of any more at the moment. Maybe an addendum to the main storyline (similar to Metroid Zero Mission). I hope they later bring Assault to the 3DS as well, and maybe a whole new entry for whatever console later on.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Given the 3DS's apparently good Wifi, skipping multiplayer would be a pretty big missed opportunity. I wonder how well it would work in an FPS game, though. Lag's not something I'm especially fond of.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
*breaks into conversation*
Any of you here also members of fatlus?

I can't wait for the megaten titles~♥ Esp since it seems that one of them will be the first title that showed up on the snes. It never came out here (played fan-translation)
I can't wait to see how the touch it up.

Silly Nintendo wasn't supposed to make me interested in the 3ds ;-;
I cant afford these things!

UberMario

Smash Master
I can't wait for this to come out, 3D Effects (with the ability to shut them off aswell), basically a flat Control Stick, a gyro sensor and a motion sensor? WITH Gamecube caliber graphics, 3D Photography (to a degree) and a possible VC? Count me in.

kr3wman

Smash Master

- No World Map
:laugh:

I guess everyone should bash every video game rpg out there huh?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455

Minato

穏やかじゃない
This means 3DS cartridges can hold 4 times as much data as DS carts, and 1.5 times as much data as Gamecube discs.

:D
That's good news to hear. I wouldn't be surprised if they'll have bigger 3DS cartridges in the future like how they have bigger ones for the DS. Looks like storage space shouldn't be too much of a problem for 3DS developers.
First, I have to say that FF XIII is one of my least favorite entries into the numbered FF games.
But having no real main character doesn't hurt the game. Games like Seiken Densetsu 3, Romancing Saga/SaGa Frontier, FF VI (my fave), and etc. had no real main characters and those were amazing RPGs.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
:laugh:

I guess everyone should bash every video game rpg out there huh?
I don't know if you're joking or serious, but that's terrible for an rpg. All I'll say for my answer is Chrono Trigger.

I'd like everyone to look at this article: http://www.ripten.com/2010/06/21/see-the-new-nintendo-3ds-cartridge-sam-n/

Specifically, this.

This means 3DS cartridges can hold 4 times as much data as DS carts, and 1.5 times as much data as Gamecube discs.

:D
That's amazing, still not as much as a leap than GBA>DS (or maybe I'm wrong?), but still amazing.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
GBA > DS was IIRC, one of the largest leaps in power in videogame history from successing systems, and yes, this leap pales in comparison to that one.

UberMario

Smash Master
I wasn't expecting it to come this year anyway, considering Pokemon B/W is coming out for the DS rather than the 3DS. (Which when you think about it is kind of odd because Game Freak was one of the first games to announce they got a development kit of a "new system", and that was around March)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I wasn't expecting it to come this year anyway, considering Pokemon B/W is coming out for the DS rather than the 3DS. (Which when you think about it is kind of odd because Game Freak was one of the first games to announce they got a development kit of a "new system", and that was around March)
I kinda was. I assumed they'd want to release it in December so they could sell it as the newest "must have" Christmas gift.

UberMario

Smash Master
Maybe they will give a $50 discount if you pre-order it during the Christmas season. :psycho: I wish. lol

kr3wman

Smash Master
I don't know if you're joking or serious, but that's terrible for an rpg. All I'll say for my answer is Chrono Trigger.
All I'll say is that what you said about FF13 doesn't make or break any game out there.

It's silly nitpicking about a game that's different.

Bouhou.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Actually, apparently I'm lenient on rpgs as I liked Tales of Symphonia, which I've been told is crap by many people.

It doesn't make or break a game, but it does take away the rpg aspect of it, and just makes it a very linear movie-adventure.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I knew it was going to be next year, look how amazing it is XD It'd be too pricey for next year. What is the Osbourne effect?

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
- No World Map
No world map I have to agree, is fail. Second is a lie, you can change equipment and upgrade it, buy accesories etc. Third is not a flaw. Fourth: Gran Pulse. Granted u cant go back to sunleth waterscape or stuff like that but w/e, Gran Pulse is cool. 5th is completely true and what I absolutely disliked about the game. Anyways, on topic, Im so hyped for the OoT remake :D.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Well, FF games are notorious for having loads of armor and stuff, and usually customization. It didn't seem to havem uch of that (It did, but not a lot compared to others, its just my thoughts though) and the first and fifth points are the most dire ones. People can say those things don't make/break a game, but those 5 things are pretty critical in an rpg, at least to me. If I was truly nitpicky I'd hate FFXII for the lack of main character creation, but I still love the game.

Anyways back on topic, I hope they make new Toon Link games on the 3DS, and actually make them hard/worthwhile. The first two have been very mediocre compared to OoA/OoS to me.

Darkslash

Smash Master
I kinda was. I assumed they'd want to release it in December so they could sell it as the newest "must have" Christmas gift.
When they did that with the Wii, it possibly hurt Wii sales in the process. It's a possibility that Nintendo is just trying to increase 3DS production, as to avoid another Wii mishap.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Well, FF games are notorious for having loads of armor and stuff, and usually customization.
Aw hell no.

Beside, If I was being truly nitpicky I'd hate every videogame RPG out there because they're nothing compared to pen&paper ones.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I can't afford it right now anyway. Delay away, Nintendo!

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
@Terywj, Wait so I'll have to use an AC adapter and composite cables to hook this thing up to a tv, and THEN I can play it?

Sounds like a lot of crap to me.

It's a handheld Einstein...

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
tbh, I think this speculation is silly.

If nintendo have their hardware production completed and enough launch titles, it will come this year. If not, it won't. I don't think even Nintendo knows if it will come this year, but they are aiming to do so.

Top Bottom