• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next Tier List on 5th June - What do you think we have to expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
You placed 25th with DIDDY. Not JIGGLYPUFF. It's hardly a relevant example.
I was talking to spadefox >____>

He said if I put that devotion to a top tier character i would be really good. Then I told him I don't actually main Jigglypuff and that I'm already doing that with Diddy Kong.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
25th is also not a high placing. I placed 25th as well at Apex losing to Afro Thundah in losers and I was really upset with such a low placing lol.

How can you say 25th is high? That's looowww :/.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
25th is also not a high placing. I placed 25th as well at Apex losing to Afro Thundah in losers and I was really upset with such a low placing lol.

25 out of triple-digits means you're higher than 3/4 (minimum) of the rest of the competitors. Good enough reason to not get upset. :/

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Jiggs is on the high end of the lower characters IMO

Pros: Great grab game, amazing aerial mobility, good aerial pressure game, top notch recovery, can potentially kill early

Cons: Very light, terrible ground game, limited options in most situations

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster

I got 17th at Cot4. I'm guessing you guys didn't catch that one.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I got 17th at Cot4. I'm guessing you guys didn't catch that one.
You didn't affect the Character Rankings List, so it wasn't that impressive on paper.

Maybe you can mention notable players you took out?

I was depressed about my 17th place ranking at CoT4.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
You didn't affect the Character Rankings List, so it wasn't that impressive on paper.

Notable players I beat were Turbo Either and Atomsk at Cot4.

Anyways maybe we should stop talking about me and talk about characters in the video game.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

Lol I was depressed the first time I got below top 10 in a tournament which was like...my 30th brawl tournament.

Some people just don't have that same strive to win :p.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Players truly interested in being great aren't satisfied with placements that don't matter. Players interested in recognition are a different matter.

ook

Smash Lord
If DK goes down again in this next tier list, I swear I'm gonna punch someone. :mad:

He's at least B tier. Should be A... but I don't really expect those bums in the SBR to recognize the full power :embarrass

just throwin that out there :)

and check out these results (all from the start of 2009 onwards, no old ones)... every colored/bolded one is a Top 4 placing :bee:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=209580

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Donkey Kong...is high-mid, imo.

He was overrated way to much during the beginning of brawl.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Sadly, Donkey Bong gets ***** by D3.

Although his normal stats are pretty awesome, it kind of hurts his character when he literally has a "CP another character or lose" MU. I like him moreorless where he is right now.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
All the more reason to keep him where he is then.

Thank you Reflex, you're amazing.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Tell me how exactly Donkey Bong ISN'T going to get grabbed please.

I'm listening.

Actually I'm gonna eat dinner, but you know what I mean.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero

Oh ****.

Jigglymaster is god. He ****ing got the same placing as REFLEX in a tournament.

His opinion matters now. =D

ook

Smash Lord

I'm listening.

Down-B :chuckle:

And, yknow, not running at them and attacking their shield

Not as well as Wario players. :DDDD
exactly! :) And Wario is still at the top of B tier, currently.

Plus DK's got more range than Wario in general, and his down-b has a HUGE disjointed hitbox that hits on the ground (the only place someone can grab you), eats up their shield, pushes them back, and lasts long enough to hit them out of spotdodges/rolls.
It was practically MADE to hit grabbers.
DK is really pretty good at not getting grabbed. And, as Wario has shown, getting ***** if you get grabbed does not relegate a character to the "Crap" tier :p

EDIT: 500th POST!! WOOOOOOOT!!!!!!

:bee::bee::bee::bee::bee::bee::bee::bee::bee::bee::bee::bee::bee::bee::bee:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
LOL Kita, me, and Co. found out something so broken with DK.

In special mode.

But that's besides the point. Down-B only goes so far, and IIRC D3 has a projectile whereas Donkey Bong... has long reach attacks, but still not far enough. Care to explain that?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero

I'm listening.

space bair?
Oh ****.

Jigglymaster is god. He ****ing got the same placing as REFLEX in a tournament.

His opinion matters now. =D
funnily enough, i agree with this
Not as well as Wario players. :DDDD
how would YOU know?
You dont even PLAY Wario...

lol

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Yeah he does. He's placed a couple of times with Wario IIRC.

Also I didn't know Bair couldn't be shield-grabbed by D3.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
DK is really pretty good at not getting grabbed. And, as Wario has shown, getting ***** if you get grabbed does not relegate a character to the "Crap" tier :p
Wario doesn't get ***** nearly as hard as Donkey Kong does from a grab. Dedede/Wario chaingrab is a million times worse than anything that can be done to Wario.

Plus, the generally-worst bit from grabs against Wario comes from Dedede, and that matchup is only doable because Wario can run like a ***** for eight minutes, which is something that DK cannot hope to do nearly as well.

ook

Smash Lord
But that's besides the point. Down-B only goes so far, and IIRC D3 has a projectile whereas Donkey Bong... has long reach attacks, but still not far enough. Care to explain that?
DDD's projectile :p You can powershield it because it's so slow and has startup lag, and walk in to punish with DK's ftilt.

And it's not like waddle dees are gonna kill you. Gordos might... but that's why you gotta be careful lol.

EDIT: Also, I'm not sure what the "official" stance of the SBR will be, but more and more tournaments are starting to ban DDD's standing infinite (whether you or I agree with it or not). So in that case, just stay by the ledge in order to take the least amount of damage from his regular/walking chaingrab....

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
I honestly don't know crap about WC Brawl lol. I know who Mike Haze is, but I didn't know that he was beating DSF and Tyrant. So his Marth is much better than I thought I guess :)

Also, Marth doesn't just lose to the top 3 characters in the game. He gets ***** by them. From what I've gathered (and experienced with my time using Marth as a main/secondary), Marth loses to MK, Snake and DDD 65-35. I'd probably push those to 70-30 tbh. He really has nothing on those three, and considering Snake is probably going to be at the same tier as MK, and DDD may be going up to third...it's only making things worse for Marth.

Falco has a 60-40 vs MK, 55-45 against Snake, and an I don't know what vs. Wario. He is DDD's worst matchup. Pretty different from Marth if you ask me.

Game and Watch has a closer matchup against MK than Marth. I'm pretty sure that it's closer vs. DDD as well. Snake...probably not :laugh:

All in all, I think Game and Watch should be higher than Falco and Marth, but not by much.

D3 isn't 70-30, more like 60-40 if anything (in d3's favor), same with metaknight. I'm not sure about snake though, the best snake we have is Jon T and i do well on him (lately), but i don't know how good he is compared to other snakes oos.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
D3 isn't 70-30, more like 60-40 if anything (in d3's favor), same with metaknight. I'm not sure about snake though, the best snake we have is Jon T and i do well on him (lately), but i don't know how good he is compared to other snakes oos.
I was having a discussion with my buddies today, and I'm sure you could help out. How exactly is the matchup only 60-40 in DDD's favor? I can't think of anything in Marth's favor in the matchup...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom