• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I don't even consider Black Knight an option at this point. . .
You can't really say that, at this point everybody is up for consideration, just because you prefer a certain character over another doesn't necessarily excuse them as not being an option, if indeed with don't get a new FE series I don't see why Sakurai wouldn't at least look and consider Zelgius, after all he is Ike's main protagonist who actually happens to be on Brawl, and unlike Roy, Zelgius actually appeared in two games which says alot about him compared to any other FE characters in the series.

Overall I think Caeda has more of a chance BUT Zelgius isn't necessary out of the game as well, NOTHING IS OFF THE TABLE YET!!

:phone:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
You can't teLly say that, at this point everybody is up for consideration,
Yes, I agree. And he has three big contenders ahead of him. I don't consider him likely, that's just my opinion. Add up the tallies and look at it from that perspective.

OmegaXXII

Why does everyone forget the fact that Roy was planned on being playable in Brawl? He has the biggest fanbase, and is the easiest character to work with considering he's already been in Smash. I don't really want him, but he IS the most likely candidate.

Just like Mewtwo is one of the most logical Pokemon choices. The only difference is the pokemon series is actually evolving.

A character having "potential" doesn't say much for them, so I wouldn't use that as a main focus point in your arguement. Virctually every character has potential to be unique.
True, Roy may very well indeed have a bigger fanbase than Zelgius, wouldn't it look dumb if he got brought back? It's really dumb that he was scrapped in Brawl and all of a sudden BAM! He comes back.

I don't have a problem with Roy himself but like you said other characters such as Caeda also deserve a shot at it, so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on Zelgius.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
True, Roy may very well indeed have a bigger fanbase than Zelgius, wouldn't it look dumb if he got brought back? It's really dumb that he was scrapped in Brawl and all of a sudden BAM! He comes back.

I don't have a problem with Roy himself but like you said other characters such as Caeda also deserve a shot at it, so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on Zelgius.

I definitely think so, but I think you're looking at it in a "deserving/who you want" type light, while I'm looking at this in a "likelyhood" fashion. I would rather have Black Knight than Roy, but I was just being realistic.

Still, we just don't see eye to eye on the subject I suppose.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
That same logic can be applied to Mewtwo.

While I do support Caeda (I'm neutral on the Black Knight because I haven't seen his moveset potential yet) because she would be unique, I would also support Roy because:
  • His return in Smash Bros. 4 would be popular
  • He is a different lord representing a different game in the franchise. While I've already said I support Caeda and would be fine with Black Knight, I personally would like each character to represent different games in the franchise instead of expanding upon the games already represented

Roy's main issues are that he could easily be a Luigified clone of Marth or even Ike and his appearance in Melee was only because the Melee development team wanted to buff up the roster with model-swap characters, and Roy was chosen as a Marth clone as an advertisement character.

Also, bringing back Roy almost demands that Mewtwo return as well, because if Roy got in but Mewtwo didn't, it would infuriate Mewtwo fans.

Nevertheless, IMO, I think Roy has a small chance to return, but my guess is around 25%, so I don't see him as likely.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@JavaCroc Here's a moveset for ya, ;)

Black Knight (Zelgius)

Notes:
Heavy Weight
Walking and Running Speeds are terribly slow
Has a above average Falling Speed, but average Air Speed

Pros:
Very Heavy Weight
Goddess Armor
Most attacks have good knockback
Great Projectile

Cons:
Poor Speed (Close to Ganondorf's)
Poor Recovery
Easy to Chain Grab

Specials:

Neutral - Sonic Sword - Slashes his sword and it creates a fast moving magic Air slash,

Side - Nihil - A small force field appears around him (front and back) and puts opponents in a "disabled" state, does no damage, works only on the ground, cannot be done twice in a row for knockback,

Up - Warp Powder - Teleports a short distance, same as Farore's Wind but it only does damage on reappearance,

Down - Goddess Armor - All damage to him is cut by 1/2 and gains Super Armor, works for about up to 6 seconds, is charged over time like the Wario Waft, takes a minute to charge fully,

Final - Eclipse - Does a small sword slash to catch opponent, then does 5 slashes doing 10-20 damage, last slash launches opponent off screen (Shorter Ranged but less suicidal version of Critical Hit),

Tilts:

Neutral/Jab - does a laggy, but powerful basic sword slash,

Forward - leans forward and does 2 quick sword slash,

Up - does a large back to front virtical sword slash, great range,

Down - leans down and does a powerful sword slash,

Dash - dashes forward while holding his sword out to stab opponent, has a disjointed hitbox,

Aerials:

Neutral - A horizontal sword slash, similar to ZS Samus's, good knockback,

Forward - A forward sword slash,

Up - spins his sword for a clockwise full body slash, great range,

Down - Stomps down with Foot, Meteor Smash,

Back - Turns around for a short sword slash, good knockback,

Smashes:

Forward - A Huge horizontal Sword Slash, Similar to MK's but laggy and has more range, Super Armor,

Up - A straight upward, horizontal sword slash, Super Armor,

Down - Same as Ike's,

Throws:

Pummel - Punches opponent

Forward - "FE9-10 Smite Skill" - pushes opponent forward aways, has farthest knockback of all throws,

Up - Throws opponent upward

Down - Throws opponent down, then jumps up and stomps on them,

Back - Turns and throws opponent

Taunts:

1. FE10 Battle Pose
2. His armor glows. Taunts opponent by saying "My Armor is invicible!"
3. Taunts opponent by saying "I grow bored..."

Costumes:

Red - FE Enemy Colors
Blue - FE Player Colors
White - White Knight?
Green - FE NPC Colors
Yellow - Golden Knight?

Also similar to Wario, he can remove his helmet for more alternate costumes

Notes:
Nihil and Eclipse are skills like Ike's Aether move.
In FE9-10 both he and Ike can attack at a distance by swinging their swords for a magic air slash.

LLDL

Smash Hero
For anyone that is worried that they won't be able to use their gamecube controller for the new smash, get these before they are discontinued, Gigaware wireless gamecube/Wii controller. You can get them on amazon or at your local radio shack. It's basically a classic controller. It is the same shape as a normal cube controller and you can even swap all of the buttons with your cube controller by opening it up, which I already did.

I have 3, so I have nothing to worry about as far as controllers go when the new smash comes out :)

OmegaXXII

Let's see a picture of it!! :)

That same logic can be applied to Mewtwo.
True, very much so.

While I do support Caeda (I'm neutral on the Black Knight because I haven't seen his moveset potential yet) because she would be unique, I would also support Roy because:
  • His return in Smash Bros. 4 would be popular
  • He is a different lord representing a different game in the franchise. While I've already said I support Caeda and would be fine with Black Knight, I personally would like each character to represent different games in the franchise instead of expanding upon the games already represented

Roy's main issues are that he could easily be a Luigified clone of Marth or even Ike and his appearance in Melee was only because the Melee development team wanted to buff up the roster with model-swap characters, and Roy was chosen as a Marth clone as an advertisement character.

Also, bringing back Roy almost demands that Mewtwo return as well, because if Roy got in but Mewtwo didn't, it would infuriate Mewtwo fans.

Nevertheless, IMO, I think Roy has a small chance to return, but my guess is around 25%, so I don't see him as likely.
Agreed, Roy may be popular with fanboys and all, but considering what his odds are, not to mention he has alot of competition his chances arent looking so good, unless of course we see Mewtwo back, but I also believe it to be unlikely een though i'd rather see Mewtwo over Jigglypuff instead.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Oh, I could put a moveset on here! I'd be happy to.

Black Knight Moveset

Special Neutral: Eclipse: After a charge up, Black Knight begins a barrage of brutal slashes, if an enemy is hit they are caught in the rest of the charged slashes. The last hit does high knockback.

Up Special: Warp Powder Aesthetically Ike's entrance is based on this. Black Knight is a very slow character with terrible jumping abilities. But Warp Powder is one of the best recoveries in the game. It resembles Mewtwo's teleport in function though it has 1.5x the range, but has a notable start-up lag.

Down Special Weapon Equip: Black Knight starts with his classic weapon, the magical sword Alondite. By using Weapon Equip, Black Knight switches his weapon to the lance, Wishblade. By switching weapon types, Black Knights strikes will cause damage in different Areas. Wishblade is a longer reaching weapon with a smaller blade, Alondite is a tighter more defensive weapon. Also, when Alondite strikes, it sends a small silver shockwave doing little damage, no knockback.

Side Special: Javelin Black Knight takes out a Javelin, there is a brief window where he can aim the Javelin by tapping any direction with the control stick. The Javelin is a powerful weapon that can temporarily stick enemies to walls, floors, or even other enemies!

Final Smash: Ashera's Judgement The Fire Emblem releases Ashera who appears on stage and turns all the enemy players to stone. Black Knight can inflict damage until the duration ends (about the same length as Peach's) If an enemy receives more than 75% damage in this time, the stone shatters, and the enemy flies offstage, KO'd.

OmegaXXII

Hey buddy, i love it alot, especially that final smash, I will go ahead and finally post my moveset tonight as well, I know you've been anxious to see it.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
@JavaCroc Here's a moveset for ya, ;)

Black Knight (Zelgius)

Notes:
Heavy Weight
Walking and Running Speeds are terribly slow
Has a above average Falling Speed, but average Air Speed

Pros:
Very Heavy Weight
Goddess Armor
Most attacks have good knockback
Great Projectile

Cons:
Poor Speed (Close to Ganondorf's)
Poor Recovery
Easy to Chain Grab

Specials:

Neutral - Sonic Sword - Slashes his sword and it creates a fast moving magic Air slash,

Side - Nihil - A small force field appears around him (front and back) and puts opponents in a "disabled" state, does no damage, works only on the ground, cannot be done twice in a row for knockback,

Up - Warp Powder - Teleports a short distance, same as Farore's Wind but it only does damage on reappearance,

Down - Goddess Armor - All damage to him is cut by 1/2 and gains Super Armor, works for about up to 6 seconds, is charged over time like the Wario Waft, takes a minute to charge fully,

Final - Eclipse - Does a small sword slash to catch opponent, then does 5 slashes doing 10-20 damage, last slash launches opponent off screen (Shorter Ranged but less suicidal version of Critical Hit),

Tilts:

Neutral/Jab - does a laggy, but powerful basic sword slash,

Forward - leans forward and does 2 quick sword slash,

Up - does a large back to front virtical sword slash, great range,

Down - leans down and does a powerful sword slash,

Dash - dashes forward while holding his sword out to stab opponent, has a disjointed hitbox,

Aerials:

Neutral - A horizontal sword slash, similar to ZS Samus's, good knockback,

Forward - A forward sword slash,

Up - spins his sword for a clockwise full body slash, great range,

Down - Stomps down with Foot, Meteor Smash,

Back - Turns around for a short sword slash, good knockback,

Smashes:

Forward - A Huge horizontal Sword Slash, Similar to MK's but laggy and has more range, Super Armor,

Up - A straight upward, horizontal sword slash, Super Armor,

Down - Same as Ike's,

Throws:

Pummel - Punches opponent

Forward - "FE9-10 Smite Skill" - pushes opponent forward aways, has farthest knockback of all throws,

Up - Throws opponent upward

Down - Throws opponent down, then jumps up and stomps on them,

Back - Turns and throws opponent

Taunts:

1. FE10 Battle Pose
2. His armor glows. Taunts opponent by saying "My Armor is invicible!"
3. Taunts opponent by saying "I grow bored..."

Costumes:

Red - FE Enemy Colors
Blue - FE Player Colors
White - White Knight?
Green - FE NPC Colors
Yellow - Golden Knight?

Also similar to Wario, he can remove his helmet for more alternate costumes

Notes:
Nihil and Eclipse are skills like Ike's Aether move.
In FE9-10 both he and Ike can attack at a distance by swinging their swords for a magic air slash.
Oh, I could put a moveset on here! I'd be happy to.

Black Knight Moveset

Special Neutral: Eclipse: After a charge up, Black Knight begins a barrage of brutal slashes, if an enemy is hit they are caught in the rest of the charged slashes. The last hit does high knockback.

Up Special: Warp Powder Aesthetically Ike's entrance is based on this. Black Knight is a very slow character with terrible jumping abilities. But Warp Powder is one of the best recoveries in the game. It resembles Mewtwo's teleport in function though it has 1.5x the range, but has a notable start-up lag.

Down Special Weapon Equip: Black Knight starts with his classic weapon, the magical sword Alondite. By using Weapon Equip, Black Knight switches his weapon to the lance, Wishblade. By switching weapon types, Black Knights strikes will cause damage in different Areas. Wishblade is a longer reaching weapon with a smaller blade, Alondite is a tighter more defensive weapon. Also, when Alondite strikes, it sends a small silver shockwave doing little damage, no knockback.

Side Special: Javelin Black Knight takes out a Javelin, there is a brief window where he can aim the Javelin by tapping any direction with the control stick. The Javelin is a powerful weapon that can temporarily stick enemies to walls, floors, or even other enemies!

Final Smash: Ashera's Judgement The Fire Emblem releases Ashera who appears on stage and turns all the enemy players to stone. Black Knight can inflict damage until the duration ends (about the same length as Peach's) If an enemy receives more than 75% damage in this time, the stone shatters, and the enemy flies offstage, KO'd.
Hey buddy, i love it alot, I will go ahead and finally post my moveset tonight as well, I know you've been anxious to see it.
All right, that's a lot of Black Knight movesets, but the more, the merrier I guess.

Anyways, I can see him better now as a unique combatant, so thanks.

OmegaXXII

Hmm. I didn't notice that other moveset as well. it's definetly interested.

Let's change the subject a bit shall we? What kind of boses would be ggod for an Adventure/SSE mode? Personally i'd like to see Mad King Ashnard from FE but that Giygas ideas is also very interesting.

Signatures are always welcome onto the Project Begnion petition! I know it's still in early stages, but all support is appreciated; http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/projectbegnion/
Thank you for this! :cool:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
What are you talking about? I hope that is not what I'm thinking! if, Crank Kong is not a pokemon trainer...
I personally think they would make pretty good items myself. You bust open an animal crate and then you can ride around on them until you get hit. There would probably be 4-5 animals that you could use. My list would be Rambi, Squitter, Rattly, Expresso, and Squawks. To keep Squawks from being broken as all get out, he'd only be able to stay airborne for a limited amount of time.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
WHAT THE HELL GUYS!? quit the conversations and talk Smash Wii U, dammit!
@Augusto: Thats some ol bowlshe@, boi do I most certainly love how people can 'justifiably' make assessments about how things need to "get on track". Its 'just' asinine. Notice when Fatman, Javacroc, Crimson, Starphoenix, oSo, Hoots, Iblis, and yes SSBFan bring anything legit up, it gets drowned in a sea of nonsense anyhow. I don't know why Omega encourages it. I just make fun of it and roll on through.

Kantrip

Kantplay
What are you talking about? I hope that is not what I'm thinking! if, Crank Kong is not a pokemon trainer...
I beg to differ, and hear me out on this.

Cranky Kong, as the original D.K., was naturally the king of the jungle in his prime. He kidnapped Mario's love life (Pauline), hoarded bananas, and forged the original bonds with the animals in the jungle. Yes, that's right: Cranky Kong was the one who befriended the original animal buddies. This is proven completely when Squawks is shown in DKCR helping Cranky around his shop. When his nephew came along, Rambi, Squawks, Winky, Enguarde, Expresso, and others were already members of the team. This means that Cranky Kong and the animal buddies have a relationship that would explain the character.

Cranky Kong, naturally, would have everyone know that if he was younger he would be out on the battlefield himself, showing everyone how it's done without even losing a stock! However, using his age as an excuse, Cranky Kong would casually rock back and forth on his rocking chair in the background while watching his animal buddies fight for him. He wouldn't issue any commands or be involved in the fight (except afterwards where he would boast about how he would have done better, whether he wins or loses), but he would chill with Pokémon Trainer on a floating platform or wherever. Jus' rockin' it.

Now, the animal buddies that are most deserving of inclusion are quite simple to figure out. Rambi and Squawks have each never missed a game in the country series, and were both also in DK64. This gives us our lightweight and heavyweight character. All we need is a middleweight. Squitter the spider would be the best choice for this slot because his moveset would be unique, he is very popular, and he is the most recognized animal buddy after Rambi, Squawks, and Enguarde.

Need any more proof? I am constructing a moveset that I will post later. You'll see... YOU'LL ALL SEE!!! :awesome:

EDIT: The moveset is basically pokémon trainer: Switching between the three in succession (except they can switch in the air via their floating barrels). Squawks has a lot of jumps and a flying recovery and can shoot eggs, squitter makes web platforms and can tether and shoot webs, and rambi is a heavyweight who... charges around with his horn and wrecks **** up. Basically. Full deal coming later.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Does anybody have an idea how Cranky Kong with his animals would work as far as movesets go??
I suppose it would depend on switch animals he'd use. As a default, Rambi and Squawks would probably be the main animals that he'd use considering how they are the only animals that have been in every major DK game in some form.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah. Rambi and Squawks are obvious, and I chose Squitter as the third for being unique and bringing the coolest gimmick to the table.

and a bit of bias 'cuz he's my favourite

OmegaXXII

I suppose it would depend on switch animals he'd use. As a default, Rambi and Squawks would probably be the main animals that he'd use considering how they are the only animals that have been in every major DK game in some form.
Hmm. seems interesting enough, but wouldn't he be a bit similar to Pokemon Trainer though? I'm assuming he''ll play differently though.

OmegaXXII

Would you be forced to switch between them when re-spawning? That's one issue I hated in Brawl, as soon as I was killed with Squirtle I was forced to switch my either Charizard or Ivysaur, not that I didn't like them, it's just that I enjoy playing with Squirtle the best and I would have to die twice before playing as him :/

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
It ain't mugen y'know. You can't just magically make backstreet boys attack w/ their halos.
This is smash bros. and we need to think like nintendo thinks.
So i assume controlling animals won't possibly happen.

It isn't even completely possible that pheonix wright would be in there hitting certain characters with his own suitcase and yelling out a big objection to make earthquakes. Besides capcom isn't much friendly. They're almost serious on everything.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
This is smash bros. and we need to think like nintendo thinks.
While I definitely agree with this, you should remember that if this thread "thought only how nindendo thought" we would have very litte to talk about. Making movesets/talking about fan favorites is all part of the SSB4 hype. I mean we all know this DK Animals idea is far-fetched and more then unlikely, but we have nothing better to talk about right now, unfortunetly.

Although talking seriously every now and again is nice.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah, It would be stupid to entertain thoughts of my Animal Buddies character in the next smash. However, everyone here has characters that they love and would love to see. Doesn't mean we think it will happen.

Also, no, the animal buddies would not be forced to switch. Switching is a gimmick that the Pokémon franchise has in general. This is why it was a part of Pokémon Trainer's moveset.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Well it seems like I agree with you on that as well. The possibilities are endless.

But we should think about what happens sooner or later.
The project is on nintendo's hands and nintendo's hands only.

But that's enough of this talk.
I'm still thinking about giga bowser...

OmegaXXII

Giga Bowser needs to be playable this time around, it was a shame he was restricted as Bowser's Final Smash, Bowser himself hould have his own original Smash.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
Deoxys is a very porful legendary POKEMON!!!

How would almost any characters stand to a powerful pokemon as a playable character......

Same goes for Giga Bowser, I mean look at his size!

He 's better a support character

OmegaXXII

huh? :/

As far as Deoxys goes, his chances of being playable are pretty much ziltch, slim at best, his best opportunity was in Brawl but now he has alot of competition which makes him very unlikely.

I would like to se him as part as Giovanni's moveset, thought, that would be great if we got him a Armored Mewtwo into one character IMO.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Deoxys is a very porful legendary POKEMON!!!

How would almost any characters stand to a powerful pokemon as a playable character......

Same goes for Giga Bowser, I mean look at his size!

He's better a support character
Um. Excuse me, But that's ridiculous.

Here's a Difference between Giga Bowser and Mega Bowser (Bowser with a plain red mushroom.)

GIGA BOWSER:
- Attacks are effective w/ various side effects to enemies.
- Never flinches
- Has a look as if he doesn't belong to the nintendo universe

MEGA BOWSER:
- Attacks are 2x more effective than Giga bowser but has no side effects.
- Flinches less
- Has extremely good looks.

Conclusion: Mega Bowser is more powerful than Giga Bowser and should not be used as a support characterl!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom