• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Supposedly Ike is actually the gay one. My girlfriend says there are loads of hints at it in the game. Something about Ike and a dude(?) named Soren going off to live in the mountains together.

Incidentally she hates Caeda for making Marth canonically hetero, so I just can't support Caeda ever.
What you're referring to is the top level support between Ike and Soren or Ranulf. After Ashera, the final boss, is defeated, Ike leaves the continent of Tellius, travelling across the great desert, never to be seen again. If the support is there, Ranulf or Soren will join him. It's not gay, but if you like Yaoi, go nuts! (No pun intended)

This is believed to be a teaser for a new game in Ike's series. Ike's departure leads to fan speculation regarding a third game in the Tellius Series. It should be noted that should there be a third game, both Soren and Ranulf may appear along with Ike, as having only one support only counts in-game, when a person can actually have a support with multiple people.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Has anyone even played FE?

Marth and Roy are married.
Ike had serveral relationships with women within his games. But at the end of FE10 he chose to leave the continent forever but had the chance to bring 1 of his best friends with him.

Them being gay is just some bs from the perverts at Deviant Art.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Can't wait for this thread to go full-circle again with the Fire Emblem homosexuality. It's the best.

Anyway, I guess Ike can't be cut after all since he fills some kind of quota.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Lol I never knew people could let jokes do the buzzcut, stop halfway, do the dougie, then continue on over someones head, like it did these two. LOL

:phone:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Iburisu, how does this sound for Ridley's command grab. The animation would be a "rush" like Ganondorf's, only probably slightly slower to start, and cover a little more distance. On the ground, if the attack connects, you stop as though you've gone into a normal grab. You can even pummel during this. Tapping left or right does the dragging thing, which ends in the opponent being thrown upward. Pressing up would just skip the dragging and your opponent is tossed upward. If the command grab is done in the air, you're still able to stop in place (and pummel!) since Ridley has wings. Pressing up again just tosses your opponent upward, but pressing down sends you into a sort of dive bomb while holding the opponent. This allows suicides like the other villains.

For balance reasons I guess it could only be done once in the air, but it wouldn't send you into a helpless state if you miss. Seems like the best way to implement an aerial grab? Perfect for Ridley.

Greave

Smash Apprentice
NNID
P-Duck
For balance reasons I guess it could only be done once in the air, but it wouldn't send you into a helpless state if you miss. Seems like the best way to implement an aerial grab? Perfect for Ridley.
It's perfect for Ridley. But an instant suicide move that doesn't put you into helpless if you miss? That seems a bit OP.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It's perfect for Ridley. But an instant suicide move that doesn't put you into helpless if you miss? That seems a bit OP.
It's a high risk: high reward move. If the opponent dodges the attack, Ridley's in recovery and is open to damage. Or, you can counter attack the command grab face on, from above, or below.

Also take into account special canceling were it to exist. With DI in mind, both players have to immediately guess where to go next. If Ridley guesses wrong, he's lost momentum (0) or worse (-1) depending on the matchup.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
They should be able to break out like another other command grab, bar ganons, problem solved lol. I thought that was implied.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I never really liked the idea of breaking out of things like freeze or grab pummels. It makes sense from a real life perspective, but not so much from a gameplay one.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It wouldn't be the easiest thing to connect with in the first place. And I'd say it should only be able to be done once while in the air. Besides, Bowser's doesn't put him into helpless. :V

Incidentally I hope they change it so Bowser and Ganondorf aren't the winners if they suicide KO you, lol.

(andyeahyouwouldbeabletobreakoutofitlikeanyotheractualgrab)

(ohandIgotninja'd)

Greave

Smash Apprentice
NNID
P-Duck
It's a high risk: high reward move. If the opponent dodges the attack, Ridley's in recovery and is open to damage. Or, you can counter attack the command grab face on, from above, or below.

Also take into account special canceling were it to exist. With DI in mind, both players have to immediately guess where to go next. If Ridley guesses wrong, he's lost momentum (0) or worse (-1) depending on the matchup.
Ridley can still fly. He's going to have an excellent air game and huge recovery no matter what, so a loss of momentum, or even a counter attack won't be a very big risk for him.

@Oasis: Bowser's direction can be controlled by the victim. It's difficult to Bowsercide in almost all cases.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Charizard disagrees. LOL

Kirby, ddd, wario suicides derp.

Actually kirby and ddd aren't even close to op in brawl and they have strong air games and command grabs. What's your point for ridley?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Ridley can still fly. He's going to have an excellent air game and huge recovery no matter what, so a loss of momentum, or even a counter attack won't be a very big risk for him.

@Oasis: Bowser's direction can be controlled by the victim. It's difficult to Bowsercide in almost all cases.
Momentum is defined solely on the context. Let's say Zelda gets to have her Din's Fire like in Project M. If the Zelda is smart enough after escaping Ridley, Ridley's gonna have a tough time getting in because she can zone him out. Therefore, Ridley lost control of the fight.

@Oasis
Suicides that end the game should give the winning title to the one who performed the attack, not the victim.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Kuma I think explaining it from a competitive stand point wouldn't make it through to him, or I would have had a longer post.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
WHAT THE HELL GUYS!? quit the conversations and talk Smash Wii U, dammit!

alright, ONLINE. what do you want there? what don't you want there?

CONTROLLER TOUCH SCREEN. what do you want to see there? what would be seen and/or used during character selection?

NEW GIMMICKS. we got tripping (much to our chagrin), we got footstool jumps. what do you want new? get creative without abandoning game flow (ie tripping).

GAME MODES. i for one want a gallery mode along with the trophy mode. i feel masterpieces should be 5 minutes of games that gamers aren't familiar with, like say Nazo no Murasame Jō ("The Mysterious Murasame Castle"), Panel de Pon, the original Custom Robo, Tsumi to Batsu: Hoshi no Keishōsha ("Sin and Punishment: Successor of the Earth"), a few Game and Watch games maybe.

well?
the first spoiler was when yall were talkin bout bulls***. now it feels like you're half on the ball but whatever

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
@Oasis
Suicides that end the game should give the winning title to the one who performed the attack, not the victim.
Because they should have just not gotten attacked in the first place?

I dunno. Still a little IRKSOME to me. Oh well.

LIKE... WHAT IF ONE WERE TO WIN A TOURNAMENT IN SUCH A CHEESY WAY... So gross.

Kantrip

Kantplay
ONLINE - it's quite obvious what we want here.

TOUCH SCREEN - not going to happen. Smash brothers is a multiplayer game. The Wii U does not support multiple Wii U controllers. SSB4 will not use a controller with a gimmick nobody else gets.

NEW GIMMICKS - I want some removed (tripping). I really dont think we need more.

GAME MODES - Again, there were too many.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
ONLINE - I want it to be perfect in every way so yea....I'm demanding Sora to make it perfect, enough said.

TOUCH SCREEN - meh.. I'm neutral on this, though if some stages or a single stage utilized the control setup of the Wii-U then that would add a layer of uniqueness and fun I guess, I'm thinking Sakurai might want to test it out at least.

NEW GIMMICKS - Well, I don't really care, just no random tripping, have an option for it if they must.

GAME MODES - I wouldn't mind an SSE, but Sora needs to concentrate on the multi-player aspect of the game as well, not just single player, also a survival mode would be nice, it would definetly test your skills.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Okay then, I want air tripping and air shielding, along with air tumbles and medium hops as well as short and full hops. Then I would like the touch screen to be a way of controlling your character's limbs individually while the control stick controls their movement. Then you can contort their hitbox as you'd like. Next, I would like a block (high or low) on top of the shields we have already. I also want to see combo meters with ultimates and stuff. Maybe add team building support.

I mean, honestly, what do want me to say? They add more and it gets too complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom