• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Redfield lol
CHRIS REDFIELD

Chris Redfield joins the fray.... Clash.... whatever. He does not bring any of his guns but who cares. He has that beefed up (Steriod) arms of his to crack Bowser's shell and punch Ridley's head off. Lol.​

Stats:

Chris in general is an extremely powerful character. All of his melee attacks are strong and moderatelyfast but they lack range. His projectiles are also what make him a good character to pick up. His mobility is overall bad. His aerial speed, running speed and walking speed are one of the slowest in the game.

STR: 9/10 (Chris is almsot as powerful as Ganondorf)
WEIGHT: 9/10 (He's heavier than Snake and Donkey Kong
SPEED: 3/10 (As fast as Dedede and Zelda)
ATK SPD: 6/10 (Above average attack speed)
SHIELD: 9/10 (Tad bigger than Snake's shield)
SIZE: 8/10 (Tad bigger or shorter than Snake?)
JUMP: 2/10 (Almost as low as Ganondorf's jumps)
RANGE: 4/10 (Below average/Subpar range)

Wall jump: No

Crawling: Yes

Specials

Neutral Special : Flamethrower

Chris pulls out a flame thrower. It damages 2% per hit and it grows smaller the longer you use it

Forward Special : Combination Punch/Boulder Punch/Power of Steroids

Chris punches the opponent rapidly. It damages 17% (3% - 2% - 4% - 3% - 5%)

Upward Special : Grapple hook

Chris pulls out a grapple and throws it upwards. I couldn't find a picture from RE. I'm not even sure if he even used a grapple. Lol.

Downward Special : Grenade

Chris throws out a grenade. It's like Snake's grenades. It damages 12%.

Standard attacks

Neutral combo : Punch - Punch - Kick

Chris punches the enemy, hooks the enemy and kicks the enemy. It damages 15% (5% - 3% - 7%)

Dash Attack : Tackle kick

Chris slides and kicks the enemy. It damages 8%

Forward tilt : Stun rod

Chris bats the enemy with a stun rod. It damages 13% and it stuns the enemy for a while

Upward tilt : Upper punch

Chris delivers a punch that sends the enemy upwards. It damages 12%

Downward Tilt : Knife

Chris slashes the enemy with his knife. It damages 10%

Smash attacks

Forward Smash : Haymaker

Chris powers up, charges his steroid power level then PUNCHES the enemy. It has a slow start up but it has humongous knockback and damage. It damages 29 - 42%.

Upward smash : Uppercut

Chris bends then delivers an upper cut to the enemy! It damages 22 - 30%

Downward Smash : Proximity Mine

Chris puts a mine on the ground. It damages 19 - 27% and it lasts for 15 seconds.

Aerial attacks

Neutral aerial : Front kick

Chris kicks forward. It damages 13%. It has overall moderate spped and lag.

Forward aerial : Spike

Chris spikes the enemy sending him/her downwards. It meteor smashes and it damages 15%. It has a noticable start-up and ending lag

Upward aerial: Upper slash
[No image found lol]
Chris pulls out his knife and slashes upwards in the air. It damages 10%. It's fast compared to Chris' other aerials.

Backward aerial : Drop kick
[No image found lol]
Chris delivers a powerful drop kick to the enemy. It's fast and it damages 16% sweetspotted and 10% sourspotted.

Downward Special : Dive stomp

Chris dives and stomps on the enemy. This makes Chris go straight down the bottom. It meteor smashes and it damages 14%.

Grabs​

Pummel: Body blow

Forward throw: Backhand

Backward throw: Throw backward

Downward throw: Stomp

Upward throw: Throw up

FINAL SMASH

THE BOULDER!!!!
A boulder falls in front of Chris then Chris rapidly punches it. After like 3 punches, he punches it towards the enemy. The boulder rolls fast and it damages 60%. STERIOD POWER!!!!​

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Omg there is so much stupid wallowing through this thread now. I can't even quote it all and respond because of my phone.

I am disappointed.

:phone:

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
The Black Knight isn't unlikely!!! :glare:

that's it, I'm going to start my full in depth essay as to why he should be in Smash.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Okay let's get this straight, compared to most of the fe characters in smash. Roy, ike, marth, black knight is unlikely relative to those character type.

Likely
Bowser Jr.
King K. Rool
Ridley
Zoroark
Starfy
Takamaru

Unlikely
Birdo
Ghirahim
Black Knight
Tom Nook
Bowser Jr - Bkupa did it already
King K Rool - Some MYMer did it
Ridley - Oasis did it
Zoroark - Looks at you
Starfy - Don't know much about Starfy
Takamaru - Never played his game

Birdo - Can't think of a moveset
Ghirahim - His game hasn't come out. I can't think of his moveset either
Black Knight - LOL Omega
Tom Nook - Hmmmm.......

Check the moveset list in my sig

@Iblis: You saw the Mega Man debate?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
*looks forward to it*

Omega, sorry about all the visitor messages, must seem like i'm spamming, just i can never get a match in at the right time. :/

Berserker, THIS is a starman(and you'll notice ness sticking his tongue out in the reflection):

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Its not even the theory anymore its become more the "bias and immaturity" threas.

Edit: no I couldn't even read it all. It boiled down to "haha, I told you so"

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The Black Knight isn't unlikely!!! :glare:

that's it, I'm going to start my full in depth essay as to why he should be in Smash.

He died in Radiant Dawn though, and unlike Ganondorf (who has the Triforce of Power), he can't come back from the dead. On the other hand, Smash Bros. isn't canon, so anything can happen.

Summary of today:
- Megaman **** debates
- Nasty pleasant ****
- Other ****

And that's what happened.

@Luco: Still don't know him

OmegaXXII

He died in Radiant Dawn though, and unlike Ganondorf (who has the Triforce of Power), he can't come back from the dead. On the other hand, Smash Bros. isn't canon, so anything can happen.
*reads the post*
*facepalms*

That doesn't matter, who cares if he died or not, the only thing that matters is relavence and he pretty much has it going for him, don't tell me that a character who died can't be brought back.

Look at Jun from Tekken, she was dead ages ago and yet she still as popular as ever, Sakurai can pretty much include ANY character regardless of a character's stature.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That's pretty much why I stated that Smash Bros. isn't canon. I don't hate the Black Knight, but I feel that there are better picks than him out there.

OmegaXXII

Well, I will say that his chances aren't all that great compared to other, but considering that Ike might be in it again plus he had a 2nd apperance in an FE game which says alot about him compared to any other FE character.

I feel Caeda also has a chance at it as well or possibly a new lord if we get a new FE game, but until that happens I believe Zelgius still has a chance no matter how small it is.

The trolls made this thread better...

How so?

Thank god.. or Ridley would have been able to make it in Brawl as a playable character

..oh wait..
So?

It was obvious from the start. Things like MvC, Soul Calibur 2, and all other things with 3rd part specials guests and cross overs are non canon.

Link's appearance in Soul Calibur and SSB isn't part of Zelda's storyline.If you're saying Smash is canon then that means Link or some nintendo character should have mentioned Snake or Sonic in a brawl blah blah, Kirby inhales, Kirby go to the Zelda world and inhale Ganondorf and things like that.

One more thing, SSB is separated from the main series of other characters which makes it non canon.

SSB is a series. Not a sub series

Raccoon_Mario22

Smash Cadet
Well, what about Mr. X joining the next Smash as a 3rd-Part Character or one of the other stars of Streets of Rage? It would be good publicity for SEGA and it could be a launching point for another installment in the illustrious series.

Mr. X

His Final Smash would be Summon Henchmen where several waves of Garcias, Donovans, and Yellow Signals would appear onscreen and attack foes. The catch is they have a health bar a la SoR that when emptied would cause that particular henchman to disappear. The Signals would throw foes for 7-8% damage, Garcias would perform a 3-punch combo with knockdown for 6% damage, and the Donovans do the same thing but they can also perform an anti-air uppercut against jumping foes.

Standard Combo 2 punches and then a kick to the shin
Dash attack: Smacks a foe with the butt of his Thompson holding it grip outward
Forward Tilt: A more powerful straight punch
Down Tilt: A sweep kick that can trip
Up tilt: Smacks foe skyward with his Thompson stock
More moves to come as soon as I can reconcile them.

Thino

Smash Master
So?

It was obvious from the start. Things like MvC, Soul Calibur 2, and all other things with 3rd part specials guests and cross overs are non canon.

Link's appearance in Soul Calibur and SSB isn't part of Zelda's storyline.If you're saying Smash is canon then that means Link or some nintendo character should have mentioned Snake or Sonic in a brawl blah blah, Kirby inhales, Kirby go to the Zelda world and inhale Ganondorf and things like that.

One more thing, SSB is separated from the main series of other characters which makes it non canon.

SSB is a series. Not a sub series
I know, I was just trying to have a jab at Ridley fans for no reason at all :denzel:, other than that its obvious that Smash series is not canon

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I approve of Raccoon Mario's avtar. As far as the Black Knight goes, I spose he has a chance. The problem for me(and why it is hard for me to make a roster) is that I know nothing about Fire Emblem. I thought Lyn would be the third rep, but apparently everyone hates her. Goes to show what I know.

D

Deleted member

augustoflores said:
I heard that Gamecube games will be in the Wii U virtual console... thoughts?
This is great. I'm really hoping Melee is made available very quickly; it's one of their best games.

Would it be possible for games like Cars to be on the Virtual Console since the games publishers still owned them?

Anyway, Saturn and Dreamcast games should also be made available. No excuse to not have them this time around.
Shortiecanbrawl said:
I would just like to point out that Nintendo doesn't add "4th parties" for reasons like the following. Freddy Krueger is in Mortal Kombat as DLC. This seriously bugs the living poop out of me.
The only 4th party-character I would want is Kid Goku anyway, so no big lost to me.
Shortiecanbrawl said:
Maybe, they'll add online to some of those games. . . . . you feel me. . .?
Poyo Poyo for the Virtual Console Arcade in Japan did get online so it's possible.
Shortiecanbrawl said:
Anyways, yes. Those are reason's why ninty should be smart and keep the third parties scarce in the next installment. Too many could look wonky and throw me into a rage.
We're pretty much guarantee this since Sakurai said that adding too many third-party characters would upset customers. Although I would be fine with up to six, there should be no more then four third-party characters and even that is pushing it.
--- said:
Plus do we even want a true joke character in SSB4?
The less joke characters, the better for all of us.
Shortiecanbrawl said:
Anyways, I'm sure some of you heard the statement Capcom made regaurding the lack of fans for ML3. I would just like to say, I sort of agree with them. I didn't hear anyone excited for the game, until after it was cancelled. I haven't been on this thread much, but was anyone aware of this game ohhh say a month ago and excited? I know fans are furious, which some should be, but I feel like too many jump the angry boat. .. just to be angry.
I think fans are outrage is because they dislike the treatment Mega Man has gotten over the past few years, even more so now that we know no variation of Mega Man will be playable in Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3. I think fans really want to prevent the series from going into the grave, which make sense considering it's the series that propelled Capcom into fame. It doesn't help that many Mega Man fans planned to buy a 3DS just for this game, which showed how many fans trusted Capcom to deliver on a good new Mega Man game.

That said, some fans are taking this too far. I fail to see why Capcom is now this greedy overlord who wants to deliberately kill Mega Man, which never made much sense. Some people are even asking they give Mega Man to Intercept/Nintendo (I kid you not, they actually do that). Considering how significant the series has been to Capcom, if the series dies, we will find out about it. I think sooner or later, answers will come, although a few years hiatus is likely needed to reinvigorate the series.
OmegaXVII said:
He's at GameFaqs ATM, some thought mentioned his alliance earlier, I definetly would like to see what his supporters do.
Unfortunately, the alliance is dead. It hasn't received a new post in weeks.
OmegaXVII said:
That doesn't matter, who cares if he died or not, the only thing that matters is relavence and he pretty much has it going for him, don't tell me that a character who died can't be brought back.
Black Knight isn't very relevant, having not appeared in a game since 2007.

Don't know much about the Black Knight so I can't say anything.

Meanwhile, the Chris moveset is going well.

And.... my post count is above 3000..... YAY.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
That rock never stood a chance.

Also, as weird as it sounds, I think the Black Knight would in a way always be relevant. As "the Black Knight", he's like an archetypical stock villain. Considering Fire Emblem doesn't have recurring antagonists, something like that would actually be the best fit for Smash (IMO). While he Ike's nemesis, would he really be out of place as a villain for Marth? Any Fire Emblem character?

Uh, keep in mind that's IF Fire Emblem even needs to have a villain in Smash.

I know it's a weird position, but I'll take it. :V

Barbasol

Smash Ace
The Black Knight sums up the villains of Fire Emblem in it's entirety. In the vast majority of cases, enemy bosses have been the Knight/General classes which of course, Black Knight is. He's also the primary villain in the Tellius series, which is the second most major Fire Emblem series. Since Marth's villain won't work in a Smash setting, Black Knight is the only option.

"Hasn't had a game since 2007?"

Last Games:
Captain Olimar- 2004
Ganondorf- 2006
King K Rool- 2007
Takamaru- 1986
Krystal- 2006

:)

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Can someone explain why Lyn lost all of her support suddenly after Brawl?

Black Knight would be cool(especially considering the countless inevitable 'only a flesh wound' jokes that would be said if he was playable). But do we really need another slow and heavy sword character, especially if they declone Ganondorf?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Probably a case of "If they don't make it in Brawl, they'll never make it."

Also put a 2010 next to Takamaru. >8O

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Can someone explain why Lyn lost all of her support suddenly after Brawl?

Certainly!

Well, Lyn was popular while her game was still fairly recent. She was one of three lords in her game, actually being the most minor.

The reason she was so supported is it was because that was the first international game so there was no frame of reference for Fire Emblem. With more games, people chose from more popular/important characters.

@Oasis, while he was in Samurai Warriors, it's really more of a cameo nod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom