• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
You know that it isn't just you Melee **** that use the gamecube controller. Us 'Brawlies' only use the gamecube controller as well. It was MADE for Smash.
Y U mad son?
I never sad that you know. LOL Its more crucial for melee though just sayin'

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
I heard that Gamecube games will be in the Wii U virtual console... thoughts?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I would just like to point out that Nintendo doesn't add "4th parties" for reasons like the following. Freddy Krueger is in Mortal Kombat as DLC. This seriously bugs the living poop out of me.

Nintendo, take the high road.

Sakurai is 100% right about how hard it is to fit certain characters into certain games.

I heard that Gamecube games will be in the Wii U virtual console... thoughts?
Maybe, they'll add online to some of those games. . . . . you feel me. . .? :)

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
I would just like to point out that Nintendo doesn't add "4th parties" for reasons like the following. Freddy Krueger is in Mortal Kombat as DLC. This seriously bugs the living poop out of me.

Nintendo, take the high road.

Sakurai is 100% right about how hard it is to fit certain characters into certain games.

Maybe, they'll add online to some of those games. . . . . you feel me. . .? :)
I LOL-ed so hard when i saw Freddy Krueger for MK9 XD

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
There's a side of me that thinks this is really cool but there's another side of me that thinks that they should have done this 15 years ago when the Nightmare on Elm Street movies were still relevant...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I LOL-ed so hard when i saw Freddy Krueger for MK9 XD
Yeah, I just can't stand when things don't look. . . right. He is out of place in every sense of the word.

Anyways, I'm sure some of you heard the statement Capcom made regaurding the lack of fans for ML3. I would just like to say, I sort of agree with them. I didn't hear anyone excited for the game, until after it was cancelled. I haven't been on this thread much, but was anyone aware of this game ohhh say a month ago and excited? I know fans are furious, which some should be, but I feel like too many jump the angry boat. .. just to be angry.

I actually like Legend's style, so I'm not a hater. Everyone is uber cute.

There's a side of me that thinks this is really cool but there's another side of me that thinks that they should have done this 15 years ago when the Nightmare on Elm Street movies were still relevant...
He just looks really out of place, I mean HE'S WEARING A SWEATER AND JEANS. Has he looked at Sub-Zero before? He doesn't fit, and my estrogen is bubbling in me for that very reason.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Freddy's nature fits in more than his appearance. He's sadistic and usually kills people in an over-the-top, Looney Tunes like fashion. That's his hook. I still don't think this is anywhere as bad as Yoda and Darth Vader in Soul Calibur IV but I haven't played MK since the 90's so this really doesn't affect me at all.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That reminds me. I apparently played Mortal Kombat II the other day. I felt that MK9 was lacking in a sense of charm. The older games, probably because they have retro factor, have more of a personality in them thanks to their pre-rendered, actor used, sprites.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Freddy's nature fits in more than his appearance. He's sadistic and usually kills people in an over-the-top, Looney Tunes like fashion. That's his hook. I still don't think this is anywhere as bad as Yoda and Darth Vader in Soul Calibur IV but I haven't played MK since the 90's so this really doesn't affect me at all.
No I definitely agree. Yoda/Darth urks me as well. I don't know too much about Krueger but, still from what my eyes can see, he doesn't fit. I don't remember him being a super fighter either. But I guess the whole supernatural thing works for him. I don't play MK often, my little brother does, and I like the story, so I watch. I actually like SC though.

Anyways, yes. Those are reason's why ninty should be smart and keep the third parties scarce in the next installment. Too many could look wonky and throw me into a rage.

That reminds me. I apparently played Mortal Kombat II the other day. I felt that MK9 was lacking in a sense of charm. The older games, probably because they have retro factor, have more of a personality in them thanks to their pre-rendered, actor used, sprites.
I agree with that, but I think the fact that it's retro is the main reason why it has that charm you're speaking of.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
There's not too much to know about Freddy. He was a child molester/serial killer who was spared burning to death by demons who granted him immortality but cursed him to live as a demon himself. Now he kills people by entering their dreams and manipulating them. The movies (the Nightmare on Elm Street franchise) are more funny than scary because, as I said before, most of the deaths are borderline cartoonish and Freddy constantly cracks jokes and painfully bad puns like an R Rated Bugs Bunny.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
There's not too much to know about Freddy. He was a child molester/serial killer who was spared burning to death by demons who granted him immortality but cursed him to live as a demon himself. Now he kills people by entering their dreams and manipulating them. The movies (the Nightmare on Elm Street franchise) are more funny than scary because, as I said before, most of the deaths are borderline cartoonish and Freddy constantly cracks jokes and painfully bad puns like an R Rated Bugs Bunny.
I'm not much of a horror fan. I prefer me some scary/freaky over gore. Paranormal Activity and The Fourth Kind really scared the crap out of me. Especially because I watched the fourth kind not knowing that the whole movie was fake (They repeatedly say it's all 100% real in the movie and use "real footage" a lot) so I was trying to fend off aliens from abducting me for a few days.

But yeah, Bugs Bunny with a knife doesn't really fit Mortak Kombat, in my opinion anyways.

Do what I do and get involved in other hobbies.
Collect cats. That's what i want to do.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
And i quote from Jason vs. Freddie.

"These are MY CHILDREN!"

But enough of freddie.

Hmm.... so everyone here uses the gamecube controller, eh? I feel sooooooo out of place right now....

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

"These are MY CHILDREN!"

But enough of freddie.

Hmm.... so everyone here uses the gamecube controller, eh? I feel sooooooo out of place right now....
They are better for competition because of the C-Buttons.

But I prefer the wii mote + Nunchuk for fun

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
*attempts to derail the thread completely by being a goof*

You know who should have been in Mortal Kombat? Ash Williams from the Evil Dead movies. AHHHHH YEEAAAAAA!

Him or Dr. Frankenfurter from the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

"These are MY CHILDREN!"

But enough of freddie.

Freddy can bite me.

You were like. . . five or six when Melee came out? So, I wouldn't expect you to. I personally don't see how you can use Wii mote. Unless you use a Classic controller? You should seriously consider playing Melee sometime. I think you would like it.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Isn't Freddy owned by Warner Bros? If so, his likeness to Looney Tunes and the fact he got in MK would be no surprise to me, to some extent. Plus he makes a good FTW character.

Either way, I doubt Nintendo would pull a stunt like them. The closest thing to a joke character in Smash is Pichu ("cough...Luigi...cough"). Plus do we even want a true joke character in SSB4?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Hey man Pichu is better than all those cheapy brawl chars -.-
I've got respect for a character who was forced to look like an idiot. He played his part well. (Pichu is one of my favorite Pokemon) Pichu ftw. Not, FTW, but just ftw.

You know who should have been in Mortal Kombat? Ash Williams from the Evil Dead movies. AHHHHH YEEAAAAAA!
For serious, I think Ryu from Ninja Gaiden or someone of that serious caliber would work okay. Or we can pull a SC and just add in Predator.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

"These are MY CHILDREN!"

But enough of freddie.

I don't, I use the Classic Controller. And I play very well for myself.

:phone:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I know i'd like it(actually i'd probably love it as i love all the other SSB games), but even if i was young there was always my brother. :/

Fair enough star, and you do play well hehe ^^ I hated using the wii remote by itself(and i'm only ever forced to do that when me and my brother play at the same time) so the wiichuck works for me i guess.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Yep, just remember, R.O.B is not the character you want to mess with.

:phone:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I messed with him when versing my bro... Oh well, i'm just going to have to get better at versing him and marth(although i was surprised at how well i went against marth even if i lost the match :p).

In that case i'll be versing you again soon ;)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I never knew you could aim the laser. That was a nasty surprise and the lag was way too bad to get PSI magnet working in time :/

But in turn, don't get in the way of lucas, or some serious stuff will go down ;)

Man this is becoming the arena...

OK ok, i'm off for a while to play an online game with my bro.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
**** straight. R.O.B is beast.
Only if it's the pink one.

...I wish the little character icons at the bottom left of posts had an option to show which color you use.

Yellow Yoshi and Pink R.O.B. are my boys.

...I guess Ridley wouldn't come in yellow or pink. HMMM. Maybe I'll just stick with purple.

Greave

Smash Apprentice
NNID
P-Duck
Only if it's the pink one.

...I wish the little character icons at the bottom left of posts had an option to show which color you use.

Yellow Yoshi and Pink R.O.B. are my boys.

...I guess Ridley wouldn't come in yellow or pink. HMMM. Maybe I'll just stick with purple.
Pink ROB? I prefer blue. I call him AquaROB because it sounds like those recalled toys, AquaDots that reacted with your stomach to form GHB.

I'm so lonely :( I'm gonna go feed my cats now.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Anyways, I'm sure some of you heard the statement Capcom made regarding the lack of fans for ML3. I would just like to say, I sort of agree with them. I didn't hear anyone excited for the game, until after it was cancelled. I haven't been on this thread much, but was anyone aware of this game ohhh say a month ago and excited? I know fans are furious, which some should be, but I feel like too many jump the angry boat. .. just to be angry.
funny you should say that... i was aware of the game. i knew about it from the start of their concept and development stages. unfortunately, i did not add anything to the dev team but i have been reading and liking every one's suggestions and art for reaverbots and bosses and such. i felt that i did not know enough about the legends series to suggest anything so i stood by the sidelines observing and enjoying.

i feel that there are hundreds in the same boat as I, thus basically it is my fault for not being active and technically it is capcom's fault for not using the suggestions it acquired. i feel that capcom is blinded by lack of expected activity and declaring that they haven't been receiving enough activity. just how much is enough for a mogul like capcom? y'know, sometime in the past few months, capcom was crying on about their lack of money... capcom has billions of dollars, what do they want? triple that? what is the equivalent in fan activity? what did they expect? 10,000 users active? not even for the most popular game in existence.

i feel that they wanted the entire demographic involved, how is someone going to get involved if there isn't enough advertising? i mean MML3 wasn't at E3... at all. E3 would have given MML3 the hype and attention it needed.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
i feel that they wanted the entire demographic involved, how is someone going to get involved if there isn't enough advertising? i mean MML3 wasn't at E3... at all. E3 would have given MML3 the hype and attention it needed.
Which wouldn't happen, I mean that series has only had three games, and when was the last legends game made? Besides I know some Megaman lovers who actually hate some of the other megaman series. I like Battle Network's design, but I wouldn't say that infront of a crowd of megaman fans. Bass EXE is awesome. Anyways, so it is just me who thinks a lot of people jumped the "I'm MAD!" boat for the sake of being mad about a game they never had heard of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom