• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Let's try to change the topic to something less fiery.

It is shown in Brawl's files that victory themes for each individual character in Brawl were planned, but then cut out for unknown reasons. The only used example of these individual themes in Brawl now is Metaknight's remix of the Kirby victory theme.

Do you think the developers will revive the idea of individual themes for character? If so, what themes do you suggest for each character's victory?
Not really much of a concern to me. I'm not sure if we even need individual victory themes in the first place. Still, I wouldn't mind as long as we get at least one theme per series. But I guess it's possible.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I have a major feeling that the characters playable will include:
*Victini (Pokemon Black/White [He has a movie coming out])
*King K. Rool
*Baby Mario/Baby Luigi (working how the Ice Climbers work)
*Panther (Starfox Assault (to balance Starfox with Starwolf)
Victini: SSBF heavily supports it, but I'm not too convinced, since it has the exact same stat distributions as Mew, Jirachi, Celebi, and Manaphy; all of them being Poke Ball Pokemon in Brawl. Also, it does have some competition, which is Zoroark; my pick for a generation 5 rep.

King K. Rool: He definitely deserves to be a fighter. We got DK and Diddy, so let's add their nemesis.

Baby Mario/Baby Luigi: I'd keep the Ice Climbers unique. Besides, I doubt that the Yoshi series will have more reps.

Panther: Leon is a better pick, since he's been part of team Star Wolf ever since he joined the Venom army. Additionally, he is Falco's main rival.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
They should just keep it simple and just have the villians have their own themes. One of the first complaints that I had about Melee back in 2001 was that Bowser had the same cheery theme as his arch enemy, Mario.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i'm curious what people think about this idea of mine:

Zoroark... in the random slot, you alternate like you would when choosing Sheik (assuming the alt method exists). This Zoroark doesn't fight, it is merely a means to exploit it's Illusion ability. This is a form of randomization. the Random is the way it always is but if you select the Zoroark Random option, you may enter the fray with a random character each time you perish in any mode (except in Stamina Mode... in stamina mode, when you perish, you will revert back to Zoroark in a fainted status).

in victory, Zoroark wins, not the randomized character.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
They should just keep it simple and just have the villians have their own themes. One of the first complaints that I had about Melee back in 2001 was that Bowser had the same cheery theme as his arch enemy, Mario.
Oh man... I wonder what Ridley's victory theme would sound like~

Also, you better not mess up my boy Sukapon, PsychoIncarnate. >8O

Your Geno-Alliance-to-be will surely have an enemy then.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Oh man... I wonder what Ridley's victory theme would sound like~

Also, you better not mess up my boy Sukapon, PsychoIncarnate. >8O

Your Geno-Alliance-to-be will surely have an enemy then.
We can handle a few fanboys of a dumb floating oval monster. :p. But seriously, I will do what needs to be done to serve the Geno Alliance. Maybe I should start the Layton Alliance. Just need someone who knows Japanese.

As far as Tom Nook goes I don't know why everyone hates him. He is such a cool character from an awesome franchise and his moveset would be so unique.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Day Nineteen of Rate Their Chances is up!
i'm curious what people think about this idea of mine:

Zoroark... in the random slot, you alternate like you would when choosing Sheik (assuming the alt method exists). This Zoroark doesn't fight, it is merely a means to exploit it's Illusion ability. This is a form of randomization. the Random is the way it always is but if you select the Zoroark Random option, you may enter the fray with a random character each time you perish in any mode (except in Stamina Mode... in stamina mode, when you perish, you will revert back to Zoroark in a fainted status).

in victory, Zoroark wins, not the randomized character.
That would actually be interesting to see, but I'm not sure how this would be impossible without getting Zoroark involved (Expect that of course Zoroark doesn't win but the fighter).
It's too early for alliances but, from the posts that some people have made, it's clear who's going to lead the more popular ones if they decide to stick around here until next E3.
I'll be leading the Victini's alliance obviously (Okay, more of a support group then a true alliance, but still). Heck, I plan on getting it started at GameFAQs in a few days.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Everyone, get your first posts ready.

(Berserker damn well better call his group the "Toad Brigade")
What do you think of Layton's Apprentices?

Also, I feel ashamed that I axed Layton all my favorite characters from my signature for Thorin and Company. Oh well, totally worth it.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Heh... wish I could bring back the 30 something Mike supporters from last time...

At least I'm keeping an eye for all 2 of you this time. :D

My alliance name would be simple. C-Island union.

Or.. Southern Cross alliance.

Or... Argonian Heroes.

Or... Southpaw Relievers.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Are we really at the point where we are drawing up potential alliances? How cute.

I'm unsure how much more time I'll be spending here. In a few weeks I begin my college classes, between that and work my leisurely browsing will probably be significantly decreased. So I'd hate to begin an alliance and not be active within the group.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The alliances have begun... :troll:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
What do you think of Layton's Apprentices?

Also, I feel ashamed that I axed Layton all my favorite characters from my signature for Thorin and Company. Oh well, totally worth it.
Sounds good. You'd probably know better than me though. I have yet to get around to borrowing my friends Layton games. It'll happen though.

Maybe R.I.D.L.E.Y. should become Ridley's Space Pirates. The RSP... I dunno. The Too Biggers? Nah. EACH GROUP SHOULD SOUND LIKE SOME SPORTS TEAM OR SOMETHING.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Alliances?

K. Rool's Kremling Krew would be a pleasure to lead. I've made in-depth movesets for both his Kaptain and Baron personas at this point, both viewable in the Make Your Move thread.

But honestly, let's savor this period of tranquility while we can...it will be gone all too soon.

D

Deleted member

Alliances?

K. Rool's Kremling Krew would be a pleasure to lead. I've made in-depth movesets for both his Kaptain and Baron personas at this point, both viewable in the Make Your Move thread.

But honestly, let's savor this period of tranquility while we can...it will be gone all too soon.

Pretty much this. Already, the GameFAQs thread is in somewhat of a chaos and will only be moreso in the future. This is pretty much the last site with lots of activity that is still somewhat sane.

Anyway, I would love to join that alliance.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Oasis: Ridley
Psycho: Sukapon
SSBFan: Victini
berserker: Toad
Mario_&_Sonic guy: Zoroark
Me and Barbasol: Black Knight/Zelgius

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Alliances?

I would join the Kremling Krew in a heart beat. I am as obsessed with K Rool as I am with Layton. It's just that no one opposed K Rool. The guild that I used to lead a few years ago in World of Warcraft (don't hate) was called Kremling Krew. Good times.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
It is extremely premature for much of the speculation we have been discussing, let alone beginning alliances.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Oasis: Ridley
Psycho: Sukapon
SSBFan: Victini
berserker: Toad
Mario_&_Sonic guy: Zoroark
Me and Barbasol: Black Knight/Zelgius
PFFF. Psycho would be for Geno and SSBF would be for Mega Man.

Sukapon may end up getting a lot of support if Psycho and me are leading the alliances of two popular characters... "IF YOU SUPPORT RIDLEY AND GENO, SUPPORT SUKAPON."

@Star: Oh hush, it's all in good fun~

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ok i'll just do 2 franchises for now, but might do some later:
Mario: Current victory theme
Luigi: Mario is missing title
Peach: Peach's Castle(of course these themes can only be a few seconds long)
Bowser: Bowser's theme SMK

Ness: Bike song(i'd settle for a song like Onett((has anyone noticed: ONEtt+TWOson+THREEd+FOURside=ninTENdo)) or saturn valley or something)
Lucas: Hmm, toughie. Maybe the current theme?

D

Deleted member

I would join the Kremling Krew in a heart beat. I am as obsessed with K Rool as I am with Layton. It's just that no one opposed K Rool. The guild that I used to lead a few years ago in World of Warcraft (don't hate) was called Kremling Krew. Good times.
Very ironic, but also somewhat humorous.
The Megaman alliance: Fighting from the iron clad gates of Hell.

I would so join that one with him being my favorite video game character and all. In fact, I would open one up if not for the fact that I consider getting Victini in SSB4 more important.

D

Deleted member

@Fatmanonice: Why was there a Mewtwo alliance? Alsos, did the Diddy Kong, Olimar, and Sonic alliance continue even after the characters were confirmed?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
alliances?... i think imma run away now...
Pshhh, draft dodger... That's right, run away. The battle lines are being drawn. Soon enough war will ensue, fanboys and otakus will devour one another. Mothers will scream, children will cry out in fear, and the men will hide.

This is what Sakurai wrought upon us all...

D

Deleted member

In all serious, I have actually been working on creating a Victini alliance over at GameFAQs? What do you think of this as a description?

The official Victini for SSB4 Support Topic!

Victini is a legendary Fire/Psychic Type Pokemon from the critically acclaimed <i>Pokemon: Black And White</i> and a popular Pokemon. With the movie having just came out yesterday, his popularity will surely grow and so will the demands for his inclusion for SSB4.

For those who support Victini's inclusion, this is a thread dedicated to bringing together Victini supporters to discuss how likely Victini is, how Victini would work, why you support him, etc.

I find Victini to be the best potential 5th Gen Pokemon rep for Super Smash Bros. 4. He is relevant, is a representive of the fifth gen, popular, and has a very large move set potentials for SSB4 to be very unique. He is the perfect Pokemon rep for SSB4 and one deserving of a spot.

Here is a nice example of how his move set might work providing that he's playable (From MukAndMew):

<i>Attributes:
- About as tall as Pikachu, weighs less much as Jigglypuff.
- Fast falling speed and fast air speed.
- Fast running speed, two average sized jumps.

Standard A's
-A: A left jab. 2%
-AA: A two-hit headbutt. (2% first hit, 2% second hit)

Tilts
-F-tilt: Victini does a knee attack, then a kick. ( 3% first hit, 4% second hit)
-U-tilt: Victini does a simple uppercut with both hands. (6%)
-D-tilt: Victini does a squatting punch. (10%)

Aerials
-N-air: Victini does a generic "sex kick". (11% clean, 6% late)
-F-air: Victini does a headbutt downwards. Can be sweetspotted and meteor smashed with a fiery effect. (13% clean, 7% late)
-U-air: Victini Victini does a flip kick. (9%)
-D-air: Victini thrusts its feet downwards. Can be meteor smashed like Ganondorf's. (18% clean, 5% late)
-B-air: Victini does a rear kick. (12% clean, 5% late) Can Wall of Pain.

Smashes
-F-smash: Victini does a fiery judo kick. Somewhat powerful with decent knockback. Can be angled. (14% no charge to moderately charged, 17% fully charged)
-U-smash: Victini does a fast flip kick. Good for starting aerial juggling.
-D-smash: Victini punches the ground and makes a small radius of flames. A bit of start-up lag and end lag though. It can trap opponents. Can hit up to five times. (6% clean, 3% late)

Special Moves
-B-Neutral: Incinerate
Victini shoots a small fireball directly forward. If it hits an opponent, it burns any item they have. (6%)
-B-Forward: Flash
Victini creates a ball of light right in front of it. It dazes any opponents in close enough range.
-B-Up: Telekinesis
Victini rises up in a manner similar to Lucario's B-Up, but somewhat slower for 5 seconds. can be aimed in all directional ways. However, Victini is in a helpless position until B is pressed to end the move.
-B-Down: Stored Power
Victini charges up power, then releases it in a wide range blast that covers all around Victini. It can be charged up to 5 times and takes 1.6 seconds for each charge. Stops momentum if used in the air. Knockback increased for each charge. (4% one charge, 8% two charges, 16% three charges, 24% four charges, 32% fully charged)

Final Smash
V-Create: Victini dashes across the screen in a "V" shaped pattern 15 times in the length of 13 seconds. Very good knockback. (17%)

Throws
-Pummel: Victini bites the foe. Very fast. (1%)
-U-throw: Victini simply throws the foes up and shots a fireball at them. (7% throw, 4% fireball)
-D-throw: Victini slams the foe on the ground 3 times. Low knockback. (15%)
-F-throw: Victini simply throws the foe forward. (7%)
-B-throw: Victini rolls with the foe backwards and throws them. (10%)

Taunts
-F-Taunt: Victini does the peace sign and says, "Victini!"
-U-Taunt: Victini flexes its muscles playfully with a heroic expression.
-D-Taunt: Victini stretches and yawns with a bored expression.

Victory and Loss Poses
-Victory 1: Victini jumps up in down twice, then sits down with a happy expression.
-Victory 2: Victini runs in a circle endlessly with a happy expression.
-Loss: Victini looks away in a sad, hunched over position.

Playstyle
-Victini is meant to be a fast character and a good combo character. With fast air speed and falling speed, it may be similar to Fox in some aspects. I would want most of it's moves to some little to some start-up lag and good speed to be an offensive character with good approaches, but he's easy to KO with beng 8.8 pounds. Its recovery should be fairly good, but somewhat predictable.</i>
Note that I will be adding my Victini essay once it is perfected (I do not plan on bringing up another variation again, even though I will continue to work on it).

@OmegaXVII: I'm getting the feeling that a Lucario alliance will be made for SSB4.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
As weird as it sounds, Waluigi would have a great alliance name:

Waluigi's Wrecking Crew

"Time to wreck up the place, boys."

Scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom