• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
To me, Smash is a fighting game in a platforming environment, so it's either the other way around from what you said or it's 50/50.

Megaman may have platforming written all over for him but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Zelda, Pokemon, Starfox, Earthbound, etc. don't have any platforming elements (at least in terms of Mario and Metroid to an extent) and that doesn't affect them.
Zelda II...The others don't though

Anyway, the game reminded me of Kirby Superstar since day 1, so I've always seen it like a kirby superstar with various Nintendo character and a vs mode. It's VERY similar to Kirby superstar

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Zelda II...The others don't though

Anyway, the game reminded me of Kirby Superstar since day 1, so I've always seen it like a kirby superstar with various Nintendo character and a vs mode. It's VERY similar to Kirby superstar
Well, we obviously had different first impressions. You see, I didn't play much of a single Kirby game prior to the first SSB. At the time, I loved playing Tekken and I viewed SSB as a fighting game, but in a different style. I didn't think too much about the platforming. To me, it was just a different kind of fighter.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Picture has been censored.

Fascism has achieved victory once again

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Good job :)

Also, how did you add text to the picture? I always wanted to do something like that. :bee:
There are websites that allow you to make these "Motivation Pictures" Though I don't currently have a link to them

Huh i thought he just copy-pasted the pic with words from somewhere else...
I did, I didn't use the motivation picture web sites you can find online, I just searched for that old picture. Though I had to edit it in paint, since I have to better program at the moment

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
On Topic: What do you guys think of Sukapon? would he be interesting as a character? I've never really played ANY of his games so I'm a bit unfamiliar with his style.

Off Topic: How are you able to take out words in paint if a picture already came with words?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
On Topic: What do you guys think of Sukapon? would he be interesting as a character? I've never really played ANY of his games so I'm a bit unfamiliar with his style.

Off Topic: How are you able to take out words in paint if a picture already came with words?
I imagine Sukapon would have to borrow moves from the other characters in Joy Mech Fight, since all he does is twirl around and through his head

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC5TBT8pTcE

Doesn't have fighting until 1:50 I might also mention the person playing it SUCKS

Sukapon wasn't my favorite character in the game, though some of his moves are cheap and I beat the game with him.

Edit: I saved the picture on my computer, edited it in paint and loaded it onto photobucket

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think Sukapon would definitely bring his own "flavor" to the series. Joy Mech Fight didn't have enough BUTTONS to work with for each character have loads of moves, so to make up for it many special moves had variations to them. I think a gimmick like that would work well for Sukapon, he'd be able to mix up his moves and be hard to predict. PLUS, he's just a really silly character that I'd love to see~

There's also the novelty of having Nintendo's first fighting game character in their flagship fighting game series...

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
It's me FYI.We will sooner get no rep from Capcom then Ryu or Phoenix Wright. A third-party slot, if any are opened up, are very valuable spaces that cannot afford to be wasted. Snake and Sonic made very good use of their space and are worthy of keeping it. The only ones left who would have as much value is Mega Man. Ryu and Phoenix Wright would be huge waste of space because next to no one wants to see them in SSB4 whereas Mega Man receives massive demands for his inclusion. Plus he has a large history with Nintendo and Capcom-Unity has contacted Capcom of Japan to put in Mega Man in SSB4, so it's not like he's out of the picture yet.I don't think he's anything like Tom Nook. I know he's a raccoon but I think he's anything but a peaceful raccoon fans generally associate with Tom Nook with.
Do you know how many people wanted him in MvC3? Do you know how many people wanted him in UMvC3? The same, if not more, than people want him in SSB4. They killed off the Megaman series entirely now, with Legends 3 AND Megaman Universe being cancelled. They're throwing people out of Comic Con for wearing Mega Man related apparel and even mentioning Mega Man. Capcom cares NOTHING for Mega Man now, and they're just pissing off their fanbase. Take a look at all the Capcom-related message boards, and all the other boards (Reddit gaming subreddit, /v/, pretty much every gaming-related message board right now) and you'll see the backlash and how Capcom is doing NOTHING but diggin their hole deeper. Oh, and you think Mega Man doesn't have a huge history WITH ITS OWN DAMN COMPANY? A different company is sure as hell not getting Mega Man included if they want to do this themselves.

D

Deleted member

@Kholdstare: If I respond, this would turn this into a completely different topic. Because of this, if you wish to continue this, we can take this up via PM.

Anyway, in regards to Sukapon, I would love to see him in SSB4. He's my personal choice for an obscure retro character for Smash.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
I don't know if this is a hyperbole or not, but if it's isn't, I need sources.

One of many fans who are posting about this audacity.

And Smash Bros Fan, I don't want to continue it. I give up. I give up on Capcom. I don't know what I'm fighting for anymore.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd make a sukapon moveset but I don't have the "game" anymore...
*cough*translatedrom*cough*

If I learn some more about Flash, I should make an updated Joy Mech Fight

OmegaXXII

I imagine Sukapon would have to borrow moves from the other characters in Joy Mech Fight, since all he does is twirl around and through his head

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC5TBT8pTcE

Doesn't have fighting until 1:50 I might also mention the person playing it SUCKS

Sukapon wasn't my favorite character in the game, though some of his moves are cheap and I beat the game with him.
wow, seems like he would definetly fit in smash, so much potential, definetly worth considering as a retro character.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Man, that's yet another thing Capcom's done this week to piss me off! :mad:

Screw it, now I'm hoping for Ryu Hayabusa. ;)

Greave

Smash Apprentice
NNID
P-Duck
[collapse=collapsed for space]
[/collapse]

One of many fans who are posting about this audacity.
I see. At first I thought they were being evil dictators trying to erase Megaman from history, but it sounds more like they just wanted to prevent riots due to the cancellation of MML3 and they went a little overboard.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd make a sukapon moveset but I don't have the "game" anymore...
*cough*translatedrom*cough*

If I learn some more about Flash, I should make an updated Joy Mech Fight
I've inspired myself. I think I'm going to try and draw updated versions of the characters!

I make no promises though, I can't stay focused on projects very well

D

Deleted member

@PsychoIncarnate: Alright, hoping you stay consistent. I would love to see how you update Sukapon.
Greave said:
I see. At first I thought they were being evil dictators trying to erase Megaman from history, but it sounds more like they just wanted to prevent riots due to the cancellation of MML3 and they went a little overboard.
Coming from someone worried about Mega Man's future, even I agree that people who think Capcom are deliberately trying to kill Mega Man are taking it way too far. Considering this is a huge franchise for Capcom, if the series is going to die, we will receive answers eventually. But I will admit, Capcom is handling the outrage very poorly, especially with what OmegaXVII posted.

Anyone wants to switch topic? I don't think this is a good idea to continue this.

ViewtifulRedHot

Smash Rookie
I have a major feeling that the characters playable will include:
*Victini (Pokemon Black/White [He has a movie coming out])
*King K. Rool
*Baby Mario/Baby Luigi (working how the Ice Climbers work)
*Panther (Starfox Assault (to balance Starfox with Starwolf)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I still think Capcom's butthurt about Inafune leaving and this is sort of their way at getting back at him. Inafune has been saying for about two years now that the Japanese gaming industry is slowly dying due to a lack of creativity amongst its developers and I'm sure he's made plenty of enemies in that time span.

OmegaXXII

I've inspired myself. I think I'm going to try and draw updated versions of the characters!

I make no promises though, I can't stay focused on projects very well
I would like to see a Sukopon moveset as well, hopefully I het a better understanding, and maybe I might support if it comes down to it.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Let's try to change the topic to something less fiery.

It is shown in Brawl's files that victory themes for each individual character in Brawl were planned, but then cut out for unknown reasons. The only used example of these individual themes in Brawl now is Metaknight's remix of the Kirby victory theme.

Do you think the developers will revive the idea of individual themes for character? If so, what themes do you suggest for each character's victory?

OmegaXXII

I have a major feeling that the characters playable will include:
*Victini (Pokemon Black/White [He has a movie coming out])
*King K. Rool
*Baby Mario/Baby Luigi (working how the Ice Climbers work)
*Panther (Starfox Assault (to balance Starfox with Starwolf)
I don't really see Baby Mario/Baby Luigi making it in Smash 4, I think if we get a new duo it will most likely be Diddy Kong along with Dixie Kong, but it would be cool though.

Panther? I doubt it, we already have 3 Fox rep, we don't need another, if anything Krystal would take her spot before him.

edit: 8888 FTW!

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Let's try to change the topic to something less fiery.

It is shown in Brawl's files that victory themes for each individual character in Brawl were planned, but then cut out for unknown reasons. The only used example of these individual themes in Brawl now is Metaknight's remix of the Kirby victory theme.

Do you think the developers will revive the idea of individual themes for character? If so, what themes do you suggest for each character's victory?
I think there was talk about Mewtwo having a file for his own victory theme. Which makes sense, both Meta Knight and Mewtwo have different tones than their series' light and cheerful default theme.

I can see positives to having everyone being unique, but bringing together series characters is also appealing.... so I could be happy with both.

OmegaXXII

I also hope victory themes return, just like Melee had them, it's not really complicated if it's like a 10 second theme.

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom