• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@hoots
I'm on my phone and don't want to go into a long post so
TL;DR
-your experience with ganondorf is based on preference instead of fact
- you think brawl would have had as many features if sakurai didn't fully utilize his resources? With a shortage of one of the most valuable resources, time, he did what he had to do. It's very possible he felt the team could work on other areas while he worked on balance because he did it before. Right now were just speculating and neither of us we see each other's point on this point
-why is it worship if I want to look at what sakurai did right instead ofdwelling on the bad?
-your last point also is moot. Sakurai could still view brawl as pretty balanced but will seek help because of people like you. He never said I ****ed up with metaknight.
:phone:

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
@TokyoGamer: Team Final smashes would be awesome, I am assuming though that they would only be used during team battles?

Another idea would be a "Super Smash" and a Final Smash.

The super smash would basically be a series of combo chain hits that would rack up sone quich damage, it wouldn't necessarily K.O instantly like a Final Smash though.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Pleasant Surprise- Mewtwo, Tom Nook, Professor Layton, Duck Hunt Dog, Kamek

Nasty- A Fourth Star Fox Character, Lip, Waluigi, Toadsworth, Birdo

Segastorm

Smash Apprentice
@TokyoGamer: Team Final smashes would be awesome, I am assuming though that they would only be used during team battles?

Another idea would be a "Super Smash" and a Final Smash.

The super smash would basically be a series of combo chain hits that would rack up sone quich damage, it wouldn't necessarily K.O instantly like a Final Smash though.

Like the idea...but they should be as rare as final smashes....and another issue, didn't you say that idea already?

majora_787

Smash Hero
Team final smashes would be amusing for sure.

Pleasant surprise... Geno, Zant, Simon Belmont, Deathborn (I think that's how you spell it)

Nasty surprises... Phoenix Wright, Krystal, Paper Mario, Duck Hunt Dog, Professor Layton, Foghorn Leghorn

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Also- Thank God for SSBFan, realism needs to counterbalance some of the speculations going on.
Realism? He's going off his own logic and random criteria like every other fanboy here. I see no realism in his "predictions" or chance ratings which are, as I've said before, nothing more than personal bias and arbitrary numbers.

I hope Sakurai does not balance the characters again. I can't imagine what he was thinking when he made MK and Ganondorf.
I'm more amazed he thought it was a good idea to balance the game all by himself. Either he's dumb as hell when it comes to multiplayer or he's that arrogant.

OmegaXXII

Realism? He's going off his own logic and random criteria like every other fanboy here. I see no realism in his "predictions" or chance ratings which are, as I've said before, nothing more than personal bias and arbitrary numbers.
Agreed, opinions tend to be biased anyways, so there's no "realism" to be discussing if we haven't been presented with so much as a grain of salt as far as Smash 4 news go, it's all opinionated!!

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Nasty surprises... Professor Layton
Fail. So so so so hard.

Anyways, yeah. SSBF's arguments are just as arbitrary as everyone else's. In fact, his reasons for why Victini should or would be in over Zoroark are just as valid as anyone who argues FOR Zoroark. It is crazy that everyone all of a sudden supports Victini and thinks Zoroark doesn't stand a chance now just because of one essay. Goes to show how this thread is.

DAMN! LOL GAME IS STARTING! I'll continue later.

Edit:
I'm more amazed he thought it was a good idea to balance the game all by himself. Either he's dumb as hell when it comes to multiplayer or he's that arrogant.
Seriously!

OmegaXXII

Like the idea...but they should be as rare as final smashes....and another issue, didn't you say that idea already?
Yes I did, but no one could up to it :/

I really would like something like this, it would over some exciting options as far as finishing your opponent goes.

D

Deleted member

KumaOso said:
If that alone is enough to make me a fanboy, then so are the vast majority of people here. I recognize that in the end, these are my own opinions and I am only going off what we have so far. Finally, I do not treat anything as an absolute bar to a character inclusion aside if they don't follow these rules:

- Must be a video game character.
- Must have been on a Nintendo console once.
Hoots said:
In fact, his reasons for why Victini should or would be in over Zoroark are just as valid as anyone who argues FOR Zoroark. It is crazy that everyone all of a sudden supports Victini and thinks Zoroark doesn't stand a chance now just because of one essay. Goes to show how this thread is.
Not once did I say that Zoroark was unlikely. In fact, I even said he was as likely as Victini; I'm just saying that Victini has a realistic shot of being playable.

Also, it's not like everyone here is automatically a Victini supporter. There are still lots of people who prefer Zoroark over Victini, so please stop assuming that.

OmegaXXII

What is it with Tom Nook anyway? I don't know why people seem to like him as a character, sure I like Smashville, but Animal Crossing in general just doesn't appeal to me, much less any playable characters.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
@personwhosenameicantrememberbecauseiwasskimmingthethreadtocatchup:

Pleasant surprises: Sukapon, Geno, Layton, Burger Knight, Medusa, Mewtwo

Nasty surprises: Waluigi, Toad, Non-Ridley-Metroid-Character, Tom Nook

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Seriously though, if Capcom isn't going to put Mega Man in their biggest fighting game franchise ever, they sure as hell aren't going to advocate him being in SSB4. There is no way he is getting in. Might as well move on to Ryu or Phoenix Wright.

OmegaXXII

YES!!, I you approve of The Black Knight, awesome!!

Seriously though, if Capcom isn't going to put Mega Man in their biggest fighting game franchise ever, they sure as hell aren't going to advocate him being in SSB4. There is no way he is getting in. Might as well move on to Ryu or Phoenix Wright.
Actually Capcom might be doing it on purpose solely for his inclusion for Smash 4, but then again Capcom probably hates Megaman and might continue to ignore him due to Ifaune.

TBH, I wouldn't mind Phoenix Wright now that he's in Ulti MvC3, he is HYPE!!

OmegaXXII

But... to be a surprise would mean I think he's unlikely to begin with... ARE YOU SURE YOU APPROVE OF THAT.

NO I DO NOT!!

But a real shocker would be Phoenix Wright, at least in Ultimate MvC3 he was.

I also can't help but to think that that raccoon is somewhat like Tom Nook, "a joke".

D

Deleted member

@personwhosenameicantrememberbecauseiwasskimmingthethreadtocatchup:

Pleasant surprises: Sukapon, Geno, Layton, Burger Knight, Medusa, Mewtwo

Nasty surprises: Waluigi, Toad, Non-Ridley-Metroid-Character, Tom Nook
It's me FYI.
We will sooner get no rep from Capcom then Ryu or Phoenix Wright. A third-party slot, if any are opened up, are very valuable spaces that cannot afford to be wasted. Snake and Sonic made very good use of their space and are worthy of keeping it. The only ones left who would have as much value is Mega Man. Ryu and Phoenix Wright would be huge waste of space because next to no one wants to see them in SSB4 whereas Mega Man receives massive demands for his inclusion. Plus he has a large history with Nintendo and Capcom-Unity has contacted Capcom of Japan to put in Mega Man in SSB4, so it's not like he's out of the picture yet.
OmegaXVII said:
I also can't help but to think that that raccoon is somewhat like Tom Nook, "a joke".
I don't think he's anything like Tom Nook. I know he's a raccoon but I think he's anything but a peaceful raccoon fans generally associate with Tom Nook with.

OmegaXXII

It's me FYI.We will sooner get no rep from Capcom then Ryu or Phoenix Wright. A third-party slot, if any are opened up, are very valuable spaces that cannot afford to be wasted. Snake and Sonic made very good use of their space and are worthy of keeping it. The only ones left who would have as much value is Mega Man. Ryu and Phoenix Wright would be huge waste of space because next to no one wants to see them in SSB4 whereas Mega Man receives massive demands for his inclusion.
Not exactly, see this is where I think you are being a little too biased about your opinions, I know for a fact that Megaman has better chances than both Ryu and Phoenix Wright so I won't argue there, but to say that "no one" wnats them in Smash is a huge understatement, Capcom may backstab Megaman fanboys such as yourself and include Ryu for all we know. :/

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
The only thing that would make Tom Nook acceptable is if he could fly around like Tanuki Suit Mario.

Also, Firebrand is way better than Mega Man. At least he got in UMvC3.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Not exactly, see this is where I think you are being a little too biased about your opinions, I know for a fact that Megaman has better chances than both Ryu and Phoenix Wright so I won't argue there, but to say that "no one" wnats them in Smash is a huge understatement, Capcom may backstab Megaman fanboys such as yourself and include Ryu for all we know. :/
Beat me to it. SSBF, you may say that your thoughts are merely speculation, but you treat other speculation as dismissive by using your own speculation to back it up.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
@ Hoots: What do you think about that crossover between Layton and Phoenix Wright!??
Should be interesting. I'm more of a Layton guy than a Wright guy but i'm sure it will be fun.

Edit: And yes. I don't care he is the mascot of ****ing Disney World, Ryu is the most unoriginal, bland, boring, and lame video game character around. He is lame by Street Fighter standards which is a game packed full of extremely lame characters. THAT'S why I don't want Ryu. Talk about a waste. As for Phoenix Wright. He already got in a fighting game. Let's let Layton have a turn, shall we?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Well, on the subject of megaman, has anyone listened to freddegredde's video game songs with lyrics? I just found it hilarious, (and it does have a large section on megaman)

As for being on topic, i'd want to know of a moveset for tom nook before i start believing. I'm totally for his inclusion as long as he has a plausible moveset(although i'm pretty easy to please :-P ).

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
U mad?

Sure, Ryu is bland, but so is Megaman. :troll:

At least Ryu is the face of fighting games.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
U mad?

Sure, Ryu is bland, but so is Megaman. :troll:

At least Ryu is the face of fighting games.
Smash is more of a vs platformer than a fighting game. Megaman has platforming written all over him

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Smash is more of a vs platformer than a fighting game. Megaman has platforming written all over him
To me, Smash is a fighting game in a platforming environment, so it's either the other way around from what you said or it's 50/50.

Megaman may have platforming written all over for him but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Zelda, Pokemon, Starfox, Earthbound, etc. don't have any platforming elements (at least in terms of Mario and Metroid to an extent) and that doesn't affect them.

Anyway, what I was getting at is that Ryu is very much an iconic character in the same sense as Mario because they are both practically the kings/faces of their respective genres. What position does Megaman hold in comparison?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom