• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Charizard disagrees. LOL

Kirby, ddd, wario suicides derp.

Actually kirby and ddd aren't even close to op in brawl and they have strong air games and command grabs. What's your point for ridley?

:phone:
We don't know that yet, sure he's obviously is going to be as heavy if not even more than Charizard, but we know if Sakurai and team is going to do with air grabs and aeriels, we don't need to discuss some mechanics that haven't been released much less announced so it's futile trying to argue over them.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Online - I have no experience with Brawl online, so I can't say anything.

Touch Screen - Maybe for navigating menus, but I don't really see it's functionality in battle. Maybe tap at an opponent to aim your attack in that enemy's general direction?

New Gimmicks - First, get rid of random tripping. For new gimmicks, turning around in mid-air as KumaOso suggests would be a simple addition with a lot of potential on the battlefield.

Game Modes - A simple Survival mode would be the easiest addition the team could make, and it would satisfy everyone. Adventure Mode should be made more non-linear and replayable - story-wise, it can resemble Brawl's, but design-wise, I would prefer it feel more like Melee's Adventure Mode.

Also, I have a question to ask people: who would you want as a retro-type character for Super Smash Brothers 4?

I can name a couple off the bat.
  • Takamaru
  • Muddy Mole
  • Balloon Fighter, Alice
  • Mike Jones
  • Diskun
  • Mach Rider
  • Prince Sable
  • Tin Star
  • Sukapon
  • Duck Hunt Dog

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
and this survival mode is different from All-Star mode?

... i only recognize Takamaru as viable. (i recognize sukapon, but i hate his guts)

OmegaXXII

Also, I have a question to ask people: who would you want as a retro-type character for Super Smash Brothers 4?

• Takamaru
  • Muddy Mole
  • Balloon Fighter, Alice
  • Mike Jones
  • Diskun
  • Mach Rider
  • Prince Sable
  • Tin Star
  • Sukapon
  • Duck Hunt Dog
Definetly Mach Rider or Alice, Im not to sure about the others though but Duck Hunt Dog would definetly make a good character using all types of attacks including a Nintendo scope gun.

Takumaru? Meh... I know he's popular and all, at least around here but I don't find him ammusing enough.

I souls definetly like to see the great King Wart instead, he has been forgotten since SMB2, I feel he can definetly be revived as a character
and Smash would pretty much be the perfect game to do so.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Okay then, I want air tripping and air shielding, along with air tumbles and medium hops as well as short and full hops. Then I would like the touch screen to be a way of controlling your character's limbs individually while the control stick controls their movement. Then you can contort their hitbox as you'd like. Next, I would like a block (high or low) on top of the shields we have already. I also want to see combo meters with ultimates and stuff. Maybe add team building support.

I mean, honestly, what do want me to say? They add more and it gets too complicated.
Gonna agree with CrimsonFeint here. Look at Melee to Brawl. Melee added side step dodges, air dodges, another special move, tethers (kind of) and down and up throws. All Brawl added, outside of Final Smashes, was character specific stuff (crawling, wall cling) and situation stuff (Pivot grab, footstool jump, tripping, unless you play competitively than every trip is rage inducing). There isn't much room for more stuff.

The only worthwhile thing I can think of is air grabs, but even those should probably be character specific.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'd respond to the above, but then I realized who I'd be arguing with.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah air grabs, if implemented, should be character specific because of Link, Toon Link, Zelda, and others with z-airs.

Lol@Kuma. At least it's not about sales this time?

OmegaXXII

and this survival mode is different from All-Star mode?
Actually you are correct, but the only difference (from my view) would be that it would be a non-stop battle mode, meaning once you defeat and K.O. a character another character would spawn out of nowhere, dropping from the top just as soon as you've defeated another character, though in particular some matches would consist of 2 vs. 1 meaning you would have to fight 2 at the same time on some instances, not all the time I guess, and it would all pretty much take place in the same stage.

OmegaXXII

Pretty much so, but it would be Nintendo All-Star characters, besides, unlike multi-man melée you actually will get some health to recover every other battle.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
will there still be multi man though? (polygons, alloys) also, if there still will be that, what would they be? since it has been different every time, would you keep the alloys?

edit. it kinda sounds like im talking to one of the developers, lol. sorry if im putting any pressure.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Online - I have no experience with Brawl online, so I can't say anything.

Touch Screen - Maybe for navigating menus, but I don't really see it's functionality in battle. Maybe tap at an opponent to aim your attack in that enemy's general direction?

New Gimmicks - First, get rid of random tripping. For new gimmicks, turning around in mid-air as KumaOso suggests would be a simple addition with a lot of potential on the battlefield.

Game Modes - A simple Survival mode would be the easiest addition the team could make, and it would satisfy everyone. Adventure Mode should be made more non-linear and replayable - story-wise, it can resemble Brawl's, but design-wise, I would prefer it feel more like Melee's Adventure Mode.

• Takamaru
  • Muddy Mole
  • Balloon Fighter, Alice
  • Mike Jones
  • Diskun
  • Mach Rider
  • Prince Sable
  • Tin Star
  • Sukapon
  • Duck Hunt Dog
You forget little mac, muddy mole and bubbles.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
he wasn't naming them all, y'know, it was all some off the top of his head.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Actually you are correct, but the only difference (from my view) would be that it would be a non-stop battle mode, meaning once you defeat and K.O. a character another character would spawn out of nowhere, dropping from the top just as soon as you've defeated another character, though in particular some matches would consist of 2 vs. 1 meaning you would have to fight 2 at the same time on some instances, not all the time I guess, and it would all pretty much take place in the same stage.

Sounds like an Event Match, since in Brawl, the final co-op Event Match involved player 1 and 2 fighting all the Brawl fighters.

OmegaXXII

You forget little mac, muddy mole and bubbles.
He did include Muddy Mole. :/

@augustoflores: Well, I would say that the alloy could pretty much be replace by their superiors, I'm guessing cubes like? As for the the mode, yea I guess you have a point there, it would pretty much return seeing it has been in Smash since Melee, hmm.. Perhaps survival should have something a litlle more specific that adds a twist, hmm..

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Muddy mole is second on that list, little mac is not retro anymore, and idk who the **** bubbles is.
Bubbles is this female Kirby-like character who starred in the 1985 NES game Clu Clu Land, which was similar to Pac-Man in concept. He had a trophy in Melee. Here's his Melee trophy image and description.

The mysterious Bubbles can only move straight ahead and has problems stopping: she changes paths by sticking out her hand and grabbing a post on the way by. If Bubbles makes contact with a Sea Urchin, she'll pop and deflate like a balloon. Bubbles protects herself by shocking Sea Urchins and pushing them into walls to destroy them.

OmegaXXII

I wanted to announce this here first, seeing as this thread will no doubt be the mecca for groups in the future.

Project Begnion Has Begun
The grassroots campaign for the inclusion of Black Knight in Smash Bros 4, headed by yours truly.

So, if you'd be so kind, head on down to http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/projectbegnion/, and sign the petition. Together, We Can.

OH YES!!! :cool:

SIGN ME UP!!!

This dude knows what's up!!!

I'll go ahead and respond to your PM.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
OH YES!!! :cool:

SIGN ME UP!!!

This dude knows what's up!!!

I'll go ahead and respond to your PM.

I'm just wondering Omega. Where did you get your love for the Black Knight? Have you played Ike's two games featuring him or what?

For the third FE spot, IMO, it's either Black Knight, Caeda, or a new FE character if a new FE game is announced in a year or two.

(As much as I like Roy, he's not coming back.)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
For the third FE spot, IMO, it's either Black Knight, Caeda, or a new FE character if a new FE game is announced in a year or two.

I think if Fire Emblem gets a new character, Roy, Lyn, and Caeda are the most likely. Roy being for obvious reasons, and Lyn because she is probably one of the most popular characters. Although I have seen her support lower this time around.

OmegaXXII

I'm just wondering Omega. Where did you get your love for the Black Knight? Have you played Ike's two games featuring him or what?

Good question, after playing both games I found Zelgius aka The Black Knight to be a very diverse enemy of his own, conflicting with Ike's father and wanting to be the best was something that drew me to him, not to mention he looks so cool.

Anyway, I definetly wouldn't mind Caeda as well, she was after in Shadow Dragon DS, plus she would be unique of sorts, as for Roy, no way!! I'll take Zelgius or a new FE lord anyday.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
I think if Fire Emblem gets a new character, Roy, Lyn, and Caeda are the most likely. Roy being for obvious reasons, and Lyn because she is probably one of the most popular characters. Although I have seen her support lower this time around.
IMO Caeda is more likely, it has a large base of fans as well as having great potential!

Kantrip

Kantplay
@Javacroc: Ah, he's kind of cute, but other retros are definitely more important than him.

@Sonic Poke's roster

Mario series: Bowser Jr./Paper Mario deserve a spot more than waluigi. I really don't want to see waluigi before them. 6 also may be a bit much.

DK series: We definitely won't get both Dixie and K. Rool, and I don't think Dixie deserves a slot by herself. Heck, cranky kong and funky are more deserving as of now (unfortunately :( )

LoZ: Meh, either Tingle or Toon Link I think. Probably Toon Link.

Pokémon: This one is good. Zoroark may be swapped for genesect or victini, and team rocket may not have a huge chance, but this is what I want to see.

Kirby: Good.

FE: I don't know much about FE, so I'm not sure if they need a third rep, but it looks fine.

Starfox: 4 is too many. I don't think krystal needs a spot, tbh.

Kid Icarus: Good.

Earthbound: Lucas and Ness is MORE than enough. No Ninten.

F-zero: Good.

Metroid: Good.

3rd party: Eh, if they stay they stay. You didnt choose anyone stupid, so that's fine.

Other: You have isaac and little mac and ray, and rob olimar g&w wario yoshi etc. are all returning so that's fine. I think some characters are more deserving than andy, and I don't know who that girl above ray is, but eh.

Not bad. (Trying to be nice, but you honestly included lots of really bad choices)

Pseudomaniac

Smash Journeyman
Whew! I took a change in the list, what do you think?

[collapse="My Roster"]
[/collapse]
Realism-wise, half of the newcomers you have don't stand a chance. Waluigi is never going to appear (and you also had him in the wrong series; he's never appeared in a Wario game), Ninten and Krystal are irrelevant and their series don't need that many reps. We're not going to have 4 DK reps, so either Dixie or K. Rool has to go. 1-shot Zelda villains like Girahim are not going to appear; Zant didn't, and even Vaati (who appeared in multiple games) didn't. Not trying to be offensive, but you asked for thoughts.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
When I found the Bubbles trophy, I started sifting through the various miscellaneous Melee trophies. I saw a trophy of a this character from a Japan-only title Card Hero. I looked the game up, and I think I found an interesting new candidate for an obscure, Japan-only "WTF?!?" SSB4 character.

Maruo Maruhige

Melee Trophy Description: His name is Maruo Maruhige. He has a splendid moustache, and he's the eldest son of a long-established card merchant. After stints as a taxi driver and convenience store clerk, he settled into his role as heir to the card business, which has been in his family for five generations. He manages the Maruhige Card Shop.

The Card Hero games - the original 2000 game, the 2007 sequel, and the 2009 updated DSiWare re-release - involve summoning monsters as well as magical effects from your cards - much like Yu-Gi-Oh. The games have never been released outside of Japan, and were all released on handheld systems.

Maruo Maruhige is the only non-monster character featured in both games, so he's the obvious choice. He could be a heavyweight character whose moveset involves using the cards to his advantage.

He certainly at least has moveset potential and relevance. Do you think he would be a good WTF character for Super Smash Bros. 4?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787

[collapse="My Roster"]
[/collapse]
I find this bad. Really bad.

edit: Team Rocket? Really? :glare:

If you really want some earthbound characters, Replace Ninten with Porky.

Also a slight possibility for cloud to be in there as well.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
IMO Caeda is more likely, it has a large base of fans as well as having great potential!
Lyn was an AT, and Roy has been playable, and was planned for Brawl. Not to mention Roy really has the biggest fanbase out of any new Fire Emblem character. I could assume that Lyn comes in second. Unfortunetly I don't see potential really factoring in for someone being likely. Lanky Kong has "potential", but he isn't likely. I stilll HOPE for Caeda, but she has major odds stacked against her.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Lyn was an AT, and Roy has been playable, and was planned for Brawl. Not to mention Roy really has the biggest fanbase out of any new Fire Emblem character. I could assume that Lyn comes in second. Unfortunetly I don't see potential really factoring in for someone being likely. Lanky Kong has "potential", but he isn't likely. I stilll HOPE for Caeda, but she has major odds stacked against her.
I will admit Roy has a good chance, personally I forgot about him. lol

As for Caeda, what odds? She's been in 4 FE games, including the most recent ones in both the U.S. and Japan, and in Japan she has a large fan base. The Black Knight has way more odds. lol

OmegaXXII

[collapse="My Roster"]
[/collapse]
Take out Waluigi, he doesn't deserve a spot, also Earthbound shouldn't have 3 reps, it's already a semi-dead series, it's pointless to include a new character unless one of the existing ones get cut which I know for certain Ness isn't going to get cut.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I will admit Roy has a good chance, personally I forgot about him. lol

As for Caeda, what odds? She's been in 4 FE games, including the most recent ones in both the U.S. and Japan, and in Japan she has a large fan base. The Black Knight has way more odds. lol
Four? Really? I thought she was only in One and a remake? Well, I still know that Lyn has a big fanbase that Caeda has to deal with, and Roy is a pretty big road block as well. But that's good news, I like Caeda a lot. I love Lance characters, like Seong Mi-na of Soul Caliber. I don't even consider Black Knight an option at this point. . .

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Four? Really? I thought she was only in One and a remake? Well, I still know that Lyn has a big fanbase that Caeda has to deal with, and Roy is a pretty big road block as well. But that's good news, I like Caeda a lot. I love Lance characters, like Seong Mi-na of Soul Caliber. I don't even consider Black Knight an option at this point. . .
You have invoked the rage of Omega.

OmegaXXII

First off, Roy was advertisement so I doubt he's going to return, even if he does he might end up Luigified which is bad already.

If I had to choose anybody besides Zelgius it would be Caeda, she has more importance in FE than Roy, plus she is more unique in alot of ways Roy isn't, IMO I'd like to see more uniqueness in the game plus more female characters as well.

inb4barbasolseesthis

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
First off, Roy was advertisement so I doubt he's going to return, even if he does he might end up Luigified which is bad already.

If I had to choose anybody besides Zelgius it would be Caeda, she has more importance in FE than Roy, plus she is more unique in alot of ways Roy isn't, IMO I'd like to see more uniqueness in the game plus more female characters as well.
Why does everyone forget the fact that Roy was planned on being playable in Brawl? He has the biggest fanbase, and is the easiest character to work with considering he's already been in Smash. I don't really want him, but he IS the most likely candidate.

Just like Mewtwo is one of the most logical Pokemon choices. The only difference is the pokemon series is actually evolving.

A character having "potential" doesn't say much for them, so I wouldn't use that as a main focus point in your arguement. Virctually every character has potential to be unique.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
even if roy was advertisement, he could have made it in brawl if it were not for certain time things.

edit: just saw shorts' post... well... at least this shows that not everyone is forgetting the fact...

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
@Javacroc: Ah, he's kind of cute, but other retros are definitely more important than him.

@Sonic Poke's roster

Mario series: Bowser Jr./Paper Mario deserve a spot more than waluigi. I really don't want to see waluigi before them. 6 also may be a bit much.

DK series: We definitely won't get both Dixie and K. Rool, and I don't think Dixie deserves a slot by herself. Heck, cranky kong and funky are more deserving as of now (unfortunately :( )

LoZ: Meh, either Tingle or Toon Link I think. Probably Toon Link.

Pokémon: This one is good. Zoroark may be swapped for genesect or victini, and team rocket may not have a huge chance, but this is what I want to see.

Kirby: Good.

FE: I don't know much about FE, so I'm not sure if they need a third rep, but it looks fine.

Starfox: 4 is too many. I don't think krystal needs a spot, tbh.

Kid Icarus: Good.

Earthbound: Lucas and Ness is MORE than enough. No Ninten.

F-zero: Good.

Metroid: Good.

3rd party: Eh, if they stay they stay. You didnt choose anyone stupid, so that's fine.

Other: You have isaac and little mac and ray, and rob olimar g&w wario yoshi etc. are all returning so that's fine. I think some characters are more deserving than andy, and I don't know who that girl above ray is, but eh.

Not bad. (Trying to be nice, but you honestly included lots of really bad choices)
Paper Mario and Bowser Jr. will be semi clones (unlikely is Waluigi, but I'm very fan, forget it and imagine bowser jr in place) Toad is undoubtedly the best rep for Mario.
DK series is ... so-so.
Toon Link is nothing, the same Tingle, Young Link Perhaps, Ghirahim is newer, so it's up in the list.
Zoroark option, undoubtedly is a more feasible and popular, Team Rocket (Lickitung, Arbok, Victreebel) was my choice for Pokemon trainer enemy, the others are Giovanni (Mewtwo, Machamp, Persian), and Pokemon Trainer II (Piplup, Bayleef, Blaziken).
4 is not too many!
Mother series is ... so-so.

ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat, Aisya is there!

@Omega: I am very Waluigi fan, I know it is very unlikely, but ... I can not get rid of it ... Imagine Paper Mario or Bowser Jr. in the place that everyone is happy!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom