• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Wait, we're talking about Giga Bowser now? This is just like... a want character, right? Like, you guys don't think he has a chance, do you?

Think like Nintendo guise! :troll:

Kantrip

Kantplay
MarioLuigiPeachBowserToadBowserjuniorPapermarioYoshiWarioDonkeykongDiddykongKroolLinkZeldaGanondorfToonlinkSamusRidleyKirbyKingdededeMetaknightPikachuJigglypuffZorotiniPokémontrainerTeamrocketNessLucasGameandwatchIceclimbersPitMedusaCaptainfalconSamuraigorohMarthIkeRobOlimarSnakeSonicMegamanTakamaruLittlemacStarfyFoxFalcoWolfLulzRandom

I think so.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Oh, alright. I don't even know what it means to be a "supporter". I mean, you can classify all you want, but they are how they are.

EDIT: Your Black Knight campaign is flawed in that there is no option for voting against his inclusion. A petition such as that cannot be taken seriously.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Oh, alright. I don't even know what it means to be a "supporter". I mean, you can classify all you want, but they are how they are.

EDIT: Your Black Knight campaign is flawed in that there is no option for voting against his inclusion. A petition such as that cannot be taken seriously.
o.O

... You DO know how a Petition works, right? Petitions are designed to gather supporters not opponents.

Kantrip

Kantplay
That's not how petitions work, you're supposed to be fair and let people vote both ways!

I know.

^

Anyways...

JordantheGiant

Smash Cadet
So I'd really like the Hero:Villian:Female/Supporting character become closer to maybe 3:1:2 or something like that, as apposed to whatever it is now (30:5:4? I don't fee like counting).

Also, what's that youtube video that features all the brawl heroes and parodies them? I think it was by newgrounds and it came out around the same time as when brawl was brand new.

You mean like these?

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. I don't know what the hell 'Weeboos' are

EDIT- What the hell....

You lost me at this.
Weeboos are those people who think they're japanese and love japan but they're not japanese. Lol. As stupid as it sounds, that's the definition.
I wonder if they're gonna make zero suit samus' boobs bigger..
Probably
Iburisu, how does this sound for Ridley's command grab. The animation would be a "rush" like Ganondorf's, only probably slightly slower to start, and cover a little more distance. On the ground, if the attack connects, you stop as though you've gone into a normal grab. You can even pummel during this. Tapping left or right does the dragging thing, which ends in the opponent being thrown upward. Pressing up would just skip the dragging and your opponent is tossed upward. If the command grab is done in the air, you're still able to stop in place (and pummel!) since Ridley has wings. Pressing up again just tosses your opponent upward, but pressing down sends you into a sort of dive bomb while holding the opponent. This allows suicides like the other villains.

For balance reasons I guess it could only be done once in the air, but it wouldn't send you into a helpless state if you miss. Seems like the best way to implement an aerial grab? Perfect for Ridley.
Sounds good so far
Are they any confirmed characters yet?
Original 12.
Okay then, I want air tripping and air shielding, along with air tumbles and medium hops as well as short and full hops. Then I would like the touch screen to be a way of controlling your character's limbs individually while the control stick controls their movement. Then you can contort their hitbox as you'd like. Next, I would like a block (high or low) on top of the shields we have already. I also want to see combo meters with ultimates and stuff. Maybe add team building support.

I mean, honestly, what do want me to say? They add more and it gets too complicated.
I like the air shielding idea along with the other new additions (Maybe except for air tripping)
Paper Mario and Bowser Jr. will be semi clones (unlikely is Waluigi, but I'm very fan, forget it and imagine bowser jr in place) Toad is undoubtedly the best rep for Mario.
How is that possible?

Not yet.

And uhhh... I don't know who the Black Knight is. I know burger knight.

Did you see the Chris moveset?

@oasis: :(

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'm a weeboo. But i don't think i'm japanese. :p

And sorry but, Toads aren't very affective.
They're so bad, it makes a mii look like it won an award for best character. No offense, bro. :c

D

Deleted member

Oh boy, the Black Knight support group is starting up.
KumaOso said:
Unlikely as we have Tron Bonne and Zero playable.
You brought up a great point their. If Capcom hated Mega Man so much, neither would be playable. As a matter of fact, Inafune wanted Zero to be the main protagonists of the X series and I heard Inafune hated the X incarnation. Whenever or not the series is ending, it at least shows that Capcom did not intend to spit on Inafune's creation once he left.
Black Knight said:
The Black Knight sums up the villains of Fire Emblem in it's entirety. In the vast majority of cases, enemy bosses have been the Knight/General classes which of course, Black Knight is. He's also the primary villain in the Tellius series, which is the second most major Fire Emblem series. Since Marth's villain won't work in a Smash setting, Black Knight is the only option.

"Hasn't had a game since 2007?"

Last Games:
Captain Olimar- 2004
Ganondorf- 2006
King K Rool- 2007
Takamaru- 1986
Krystal- 2006
King K. Rool did appear in Mario Superstar Baseball, so he isn't completely forgotten. Also, Takamaru got a remake of his game in 2009 in Samurai Warriors 3. Black Knight hasn't even made an appearance since February, 2007.
Young Horsetail said:
I was prompted to give up on her chances of inclusion, even if I'm one of her biggest supporters.
What do you think of these statements, and are they really a good reasons to show that she's too unlikely for SSB4?
I would say yes, it's time to give up on Lip. She's not relevant to gaming anymore and receives low demands for her inclusion.
JavaCroc said:
I think it would sound cool to hear an excerpt of the Black Knight's theme for his victory rather than a generic Fire Emblem victory, or to win a match with Ness and hear his proper victory theme while Lucas can retain the not-so-great Brawl victory theme.

But I can also see the benefits to unfiying all franchise characters in one with one victory theme.

I think the best way to handle victory themes would be as Fatmanonice suggested.
I actually prefer Brawl's victory theme to Melee.
VICTR said:
Are they any confirmed characters yet?
No and probably not until E3 2012/2013. Bet your life on Mario, though.
augustoflores said:
alright, ONLINE. what do you want there? what don't you want there?

CONTROLLER TOUCH SCREEN. what do you want to see there? what would be seen and/or used during character selection?
- No lags please. More variety in modes, patches, and voice chat are a must for SSB4.

I think you should be able to stream your character roster and pick who you want with your touchscreen. Stages as well. That's pretty much it.
JavaCroc said:
Also, I have a question to ask people: who would you want as a retro-type character for Super Smash Brothers 4?
I would like to see Takamaru and Duck Hunt Dog be playable.
augustoflores said:
will there still be multi man though? (polygons, alloys) also, if there still will be that, what would they be? since it has been different every time, would you keep the alloys?
Yes. I was thinking they should involved either Mii's or clones of Nintendo characters this time around.
OmegaXVII said:
Take out Waluigi, he doesn't deserve a spot, also Earthbound shouldn't have 3 reps, it's already a dead series, it's pointless to include a new character unless one of the existing ones get cut which I know for certain Ness isn't going to get cut.
Fixed.
Shortiecanbrawl said:
Why does everyone forget the fact that Roy was planned on being playable in Brawl? He has the biggest fanbase, and is the easiest character to work with considering he's already been in Smash. I don't really want him, but he IS the most likely candidate.
I haven't, but it's the fact he was cut in the first place, being a clone in Melee, receiving low demands, and not being relevant is what will probably keep him out.
Neworldastronaut said:
They better not runain smash 4 with the 3ds
Only thing the 3DS can do to harm the Wii-U version is do universal roster for characters/stages.
VICTR said:
Original 12.
Ness and Jigglypuff are very likely, but are not guarantee.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
FFFFUUUUUUU-- Yaaaaaayyyyy.

I think the black knight's not gonna make it either.
He had ONE appearance. and it's not enough.

The user name never approves. It's like saying I berserk/rage all the time for no reason since my name is Berserker

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
About Mega Man, my bud says nobody who actually plays Marvel cares about him. Sir Arthur plays like Mega Man did in the previous game, only better, so it's no real loss. The people that want him just want to play as their favorite character for like two weeks then get bored of the game, lol.

Also. ****. I'm just a puddle in a desert. (with rubber duckies in it?)

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
We appreciate the support! Project Begnion is still in it's infancy, but we have big plans for it all!
I'm considering signing the petition, but I would like to know if the Email address is used for anything such as sending messages to the signing person or whatever, as I would prefer using my old, unused Email address over my current one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom