• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Nah, I feel let down over him...so i'll pass

I like your Chris Redfield moveset, it was good for lulz.

I'm considering signing the petition, but I would like to know if the Email address is used for anything such as sending messages to the signing person or whatever, as I would prefer using my old, unused Email address over my current one.
Hey that's great, any help would be appreciated, as for your email hmm.. I guess you can just use an alternate one if you have one.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well guys I have my internet back, so I can begin contributing a little more again. I'd rather not discuss Megaman again as that topic is too incendiary at the moment. What I will say is I don't feel his Smash 4 chances are affected as badly as previously.

As for Black Knight, again, I personally feel Roy is the best and most likely choice. They could rework him and make him an "inbetween" character. Not as lithe as Marth but not as heavy as Ike, more balanced. Plus he represents a very popular title in the Fire Emblem in the series and was playable previously. His absence isn't really as much of a con as we don't know the reasoning behind it? All in all HE is the most likely Fire Emblem character. Bet you ten bucks if he was reworked and balanced hardly anyone would be complaining about his reappearance outside of the random Black Knight fans.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
About Mega Man, my bud says nobody who actually plays Marvel cares about him. Sir Arthur plays like Mega Man did in the previous game, only better, so it's no real loss. The people that want him just want to play as their favorite character for like two weeks then get bored of the game, lol.

Also. ****. I'm just a puddle in a desert. (with rubber duckies in it?)
Specifically, rubber duckies of Ridley and Sukapon.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I call them Duckapon and Ridloon.

Anyway, Black Knight is probably the one that needs the most support right now. Not that popular or well-known, and he has a lot of other characters to compete with. I'd say he'd be the most interesting choice, SO YOU GUYS BETTER GET ON THE BALL WITH YOUR CAMPAIGN. I mean it looks like you have two different petitions...? Unless they're both connected. :V

OmegaXXII

I call them Duckapon and Ridloon.

Anyway, Black Knight is probably the one that needs the most support right now. Not that popular or well-known, and he has a lot of other characters to compete with. I'd say he'd be the most interesting choice, SO YOU GUYS BETTER GET ON THE BALL WITH YOUR CAMPAIGN.
YES!!! YES!! and I'll start off by FINALLY posting a little something something in a few over him to better convince you guys. :)

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Signed the petition. I'm still mostly neutral on Black Knight, but I see no problem aiding his cause.

Anyways, I'm going to repost this one more time to get some better opinions on it:
When I found the Bubbles trophy, I started sifting through the various miscellaneous Melee trophies. I saw a trophy of a this character from a Japan-only title Card Hero. I looked the game up, and I think I found an interesting new candidate for an obscure, Japan-only "WTF?!?" SSB4 character.

Maruo Maruhige

Melee Trophy Description: His name is Maruo Maruhige. He has a splendid moustache, and he's the eldest son of a long-established card merchant. After stints as a taxi driver and convenience store clerk, he settled into his role as heir to the card business, which has been in his family for five generations. He manages the Maruhige Card Shop.

The Card Hero games - the original 2000 game, the 2007 sequel, and the 2009 updated DSiWare re-release - involve summoning monsters as well as magical effects from your cards - much like Yu-Gi-Oh. The games have never been released outside of Japan, and were all released on handheld systems.

Maruo Maruhige is the only non-monster character featured in both games, so he's the obvious choice. He could be a heavyweight character whose moveset involves using the cards to his advantage.

He certainly at least has moveset potential and relevance. Do you think he would be a good WTF character for Super Smash Bros. 4?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Guys! It's too early to start campaigns and alliances for characters.
Not for Chocobo and Slime it isn't! They need as much out of the gate as they can get. I'm already planning banners and my "plan of attack".

OmegaXXII

Well guys I have my internet back, so I can begin contributing a little more again. I'd rather not discuss Megaman again as that topic is too incendiary at the moment. What I will say is I don't feel his Smash 4 chances are affected as badly as previously.

As for Black Knight, again, I personally feel Roy is the best and most likely choice. They could rework him and make him an "inbetween" character. Not as lithe as Marth but not as heavy as Ike, more balanced. Plus he represents a very popular title in the Fire Emblem in the series and was playable previously. His absence isn't really as much of a con as we don't know the reasoning behind it? All in all HE is the most likely Fire Emblem character. Bet you ten bucks if he was reworked and balanced hardly anyone would be complaining about his reappearance outside of the random Black Knight fans.
Hey, welcome back Star, and yes the Megaman drama already passed so you don't need to worry about it. (for now)

As for Roy, sure I won't argue and disagree that he has a chance but he doesn't seem to have is relavence, his era was during Melee thus he got included but seeing that Sakurai scrapped him in Brawl makes you wonder why did he do it, IMO his chances are worse than Brawl's since he hasn't appeared in a newer game since then, but at the same time Sakurai may very well decide to bring him if Mewtwo were to be considered, it wouldn't make sense to bring back Mewtwo who was also scrapped in Brawl and not have Roy, at least that's the way I look at it.

Overall, his chances are slim, marginal at best.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Do you guys think Sukapon has a chance of getting in? Or even Duckhunt Dog oh yeah... how do you guys make those rosters?

@nLiM8d: It's not that I'm against making an alliance at this time. It's just I think it's not a great idea to start one right now

OmegaXXII

Well, since you guys want alliances right now....
Yes, you know why it makes sense to build alliances? because right now is the perfect time for the development team to consider who's going to be in or not, by the end of the year a year or two, it will be pointless since Sora will already have a roster planned out, NOW IS THE TIME!!

D

Deleted member

TokyoGamer07 said:
I think the black knight's not gonna make it either.
He had ONE appearance. and it's not enough.
He has had two appearances, the latter of which he was playable for part of Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.
Opelucid said:
Do you guys think Sukapon has a chance of getting in? Or even Duckhunt Dog oh yeah... how do you guys make those rosters?
Both have a chance, but Sukapon's chances look very poor. You're better off hoping for Duck Hunt Dog. Still, both should be playable.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hey, welcome back Star, and yes the Megaman drama already passed so you don't need to worry about it. (for now)

As for Roy, sure I won't argue and disagree that he has a chance but he doesn't seem to have is relavence, his era was during Melee thus he got included but seeing that Sakurai scrapped him in Brawl makes you wonder why did he do it, IMO his chances are worse than Brawl's since he hasn't appeared in a newer game since then, but at the same time Sakurai may very well decide to bring him if Mewtwo were to be considered, it wouldn't make sense to bring back Mewtwo who was also scrapped in Brawl and not have Roy, at least that's the way I look at it.

Overall, his chances are slim, marginal at best.
Actually the topic of relevancy in Roy's case is null. Because he was in Melee it has made him "timeless". What I mean by this is the character them-self transcends some of the issues that would affect other characters. It is why Marvel vs. Capcom 3 can have Strider Hiryu, who is about as irrelevant as they come, yet still have high demand and is now playable. The only reason Mewtwo's situation is more complicated is due to the asinine control of The Pokémon Company/Game Freak.

Considering we aren't likely to be seeing a new Fire Emblem outside of a re-release, there isn't even much within the Fire Emblem series that would say he is in competition with any other character. Marth is already in and the other characters are non-lords who are not very popular. Sure there is Caeda, but she doesn't stand out and despite being a princess is not even a lord.

Roy still has high demand and great potential as a fighter. Like I said, if reworked he'd be a great balance between the two other lords. No, Roy's chances are much greater than you give him credit for.

OmegaXXII

Well.... Whatever....

I thought you supported Ray Omega. Lol
I do, but my main focus has always been The Black Knight, even before I ever knew of Ray and his games, I still want him tho.

Omega, you gotta change the link to this one, people who sign the old one won't really be able to be counted.

New Link- http://www.petitiononline.com/Begnion/petition.html

I updated the link, it should take supporters into the right page, thanks for letting me know. :)

OmegaXXII

That's the kind of ignorance you should expect, that's why it's a good idea to build an alliance to gain more supporters thus convincing non-supporters to do so.

I think Ridley has THE MOST DESERVING. Why does he need an alliance? Just because of some waves of scrubs? They're just the usual newcomers with the same flawed logic.

Ridley is manly enough to stand up on his own.

Yes.

He is the most deserving.

What's scary is if Sakurai will make him and accept him (Don't use the "Sakurai has no choice" excuse).

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Well, since Ridley is so mainstream, I figure a bunch of scene kids or something would create anti-Ridley facebook pages and what not. I mean, it's all in good fun, but I'm not sure the best way to deal with that. I know he probably doesn't NEED a lot of support at this point, but just in case, y'know. WE THOUGHT THAT ONCE BEFORE AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENED.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I do agree about Ridley, he is deserving.

But I'm still not so sure about his size. Was his clone in Other M smaller?

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Just use his size in SSBM or Metriod NES

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
As the most deserving character, and one of the most popular and demanded, I doubt they'd get too hung up about his size, yo.

Even MS Paint has a resize button, lolol.

@berserker: It's just the fun thing to do. He's a popular character with little against him, so he deserves a few jabs every now and then, lol. ALL IN GOOD FUN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom