• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*NEW* Falco Match-Up Thread ~ Week #13: Olimar

I feel the depth with which we go into match-ups this days has gone away ;_; Espcially with these lesser known match-ups, no matter how much in our favor they are.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
So you're telling me that player talent can overcome a 12 (I believe) frame grab vs. Falco's -6 on block jab2? Or -13 on block jab1? lol at having to be frame perfect to shieldgrab something. Come on now. If Falco isn't ******** and doesn't side B mindlessly into smashes...he has no excuse to lose to Zelda.

swordsaint

Smash Master
that's so not true

dins fire is more easily avoided, slower, and she has to commit to it WAY more than falco has to commit to his lasers

if falco dodges a dins fire correctly and does decide to approach he can get in close very easily for heavy damage due to dins speed.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Oh my ****ing god. Zelda isn't THAT easy to play against. >_>

EDIT: USA don't have a Jujux. =D
I agree, she's not like ZOMFG **** INSTANT 7:3 or w/e, especially if the Zelda has any idea what to do. She's not a good character, I'm not arguing that. I just think her weaknesses are really exaggerated, I dunno.

We have a decent Zelda player who just beat Nicole in a recent practice tournament, actually.

Kotu

Smash Cadet
This is why he's 4th on the tier list they can't get rid of falco for the next game

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
lmao at zelda being even.

Just shoot lasers at her lol, it's not like din's fire will hit you.

btw Zelda does actually well vs peach, that doesn't mean she's good vs falco xD

Nicole

Smash Champion
^thanks, i think zelda doesn't do bad against peach either.

NAMESEARCHING!!!!

@doom, my character is viable. what are you doing on the falco boards anyway?

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Peach is not viable. MK, Diddy, ICs, Falco, Snake, Wario, Marth and Dedede are viable with Lucario, Olimar, Pikachu, Toon Link, Pit, ZSS and Game and Watch sitting on the border.

I used to play Falco much more than I do now and was subscribed to this thread.

Greward

Smash Lord
lol falco olimar 5-5

falco hard counters olimar and its his worst matchup in addition with marth. are u guys crazy?

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
The sheer frequency of which people throw out phrases like "hard counter" without any thought is astonishing. Regardless of your thoughts on the matchup, anyone should be able to agree that Olimar is definitely not "hard countered" by Falco ~_~

solecalibur

Smash Master
The sheer frequency of which people throw out phrases like "hard counter" without any thought is astonishing. Regardless of your thoughts on the matchup, anyone should be able to agree that Olimar is definitely not "hard countered" by Falco ~_~
Olimar is hard countered by falco if falco can jab before olimar can get to it , other then that it seems 55/45 falco, as falco still has tools to zone olimar and when you do FINALLY get him off stage you have enough tools to keep him off (if you play the MU correctly which involves guessing the obvious purple he is gonna throw at you or the whistle)

^ Add Fox and I would agree completely...
PIKA PIKA!?

Oh yeah Zelda
55/45 Falco's favor AT LEAST

The game is who gets off stage first and falco's side b gives him the advantage
Even if you have trouble killing her its not like she cant get back on the stage anyways =p , I really dont see this being 50/50 even with her laggy move set (easily PS and punish)

I know some falcos might get all sad they cant outcamp her (i think she does at least) but you shouldn't as you have enough tools to shut her out even with out the camping

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
if you lose by any chance just cp picto but i hav to say 55/45 seems to be logical i just hav a hard time against her so i need to know how to play against her wat to do and wat not to do.

solecalibur

Smash Master
She loves doing smashes twice in a row , I very rarely see / do tilts with her
Watch out for the thunder toe hunters =3
Her recovery is verry gimpable once you get her off the ground
Her grab is slow but stays out forever if they start it up

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
thanks bowser. i guess you should know since you steal all kinds of princesses lol anyway so ur saying just jab to win i hav to try this.

Xx HanZo xX

Smash Apprentice
Did we go over Diddy and Sonic yet?

and i can't POSSIBLY believe this is a 50-50 MU

Zelda's Din can be reflected, Jabbed, Dodged easily
Her Up-B is gimpable

My only concern for this is her grabs and them toes ;o other than that this SERIOUSLY should not be that hard of a MU

if it is please tell me otherwise

Choice

Smash Champion
i think regardless of the numbers the thought behind it is the same. falco has advantage.

Top Bottom