• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Naming MK's infinite cape glitch

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
I hate the tech too. I finally found out why I can't do it. My thumbs can't mash the c-stick fast enough. At least it's better than missing something painfully obvious.

Your intention is not to toast Metaknight, I understand that. But don't let the enemy get any ammo. (Naw, I don't really care, I just have a lazy Sunday afternoon and nothing to do but argue with people on the internet)

unit182

Smash Apprentice
it's a secret, just check every now and again to see if shadowlink3 has updated the first post, and the name is changed. Why does this make me feel like sakurai

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Can we take a step back and be mature for a minute? Why would you call it D.I.C.K.?

If you're an immature 12 year old then yeah, it'll be fun to mention that "That metaknight is D.I.C.King around like a pro"

Ghosting sounds a lot better and fits better than some immature acronym that stands for a stupidly drawn out name.

I don't care where this thread goes, I'm calling it Ghosting or something similar and explaining it as Ghosting to anyone who asks me "WTF WAS THAT"

unit182

Smash Apprentice
ghosting is the best choice, idc if it is IDC, but D.I.C.K is obviously the worst choice

meta master

Smash Journeyman
Quite the contrary, I'm giving the tech a comical/stupid name because of the excessive flaming and influx of idiots on the MK boards since its discovery. Not to mention people insisting he's more broken/op than he is already, all over a tech that isn't even needed to improve one's metagame. Again, I hate the tech, NOT MK.
but why would you hate the tech. i could help you advance your metagame

metaXzero

Smash Champion
ghosting is the best choice, idc if it is IDC, but D.I.C.K is obviously the worst choice
I say D.I.C.K. is the best choice and ghosting is the worst choice. Does it make it fact?

but why would you hate the tech. i could help you advance your metagame
People hate the tech because it only benefits MK who is already good. Though some people are going too far when they yell" BAN IT NAOOOOOO"!

Buuman

Smash Ace
Ghosting is simple, it's memorable...it also suits the situations considering MK goes invisible...and personally I believe its more mature than ****. OH **** SON MK IS GHOSTING xD
OH **** SON MK JUST ******!

unit182

Smash Apprentice
IDC-5
D.I.C.K-17
ghosting-13

keep debating, I can't think of anything

Jewdo

Smash Journeyman
TheAlphaGundam suggested "vanishing" when we discussed it IRL. The name pretty accurately describes the technique, as it allows you to instantly leave the match and come back whenever you like (that is, IF you want to come back). Short, simple, descriptive.

I vote once for Vanishing.

In fact, MK's cape glitch will be called Vanishing in the Comprehensive AT thread in Tactical until further notice. The technique needs to be documented there, and for easy reference, it also needs a name. If an official name emerges and it's NOT Vanishing, I will change it, but Vanishing it is for now.

Moustachio

Smash Apprentice
Ghosting. Sounds cooler. Which sounds more appropriate: I'm Ghosting around with Metanight, or I'm D.I.C.K.ing around with Metanight? Yeah, that's what I thought.

unit182

Smash Apprentice
IDC-5
D.I.C.K-17
ghosting-14
vanishing-1

that is the only one I will have added until further notice because I listen to everyone's suggestion there will be too many names up here. I just thought that jewdo gave enough reasoning for calling it vanishing because it will be in the AT thread. BTW, D.I.C.K sounds way too forced

homicidalrapist

Smash Apprentice
D.I.C.K. sounds better than "ghosting". Come on, there's alot of games that have a tech called "ghosting" and you can't call it vanishing because shiek already has a move called vanish.

+1 D.I.C.K. for me, i like it.

unit182

Smash Apprentice
IDC-5
D.I.C.K-18
ghosting-15
vanishing-1

O_O @ your screen name

Slithe

Smash Apprentice
why call it D.I.C.K.? What does it even stand for. I think D.I.C.K. is too...forced...like the other guy said. My suggestions:

Spooking
I. D.T. (Inter Dimensional Travelling)
The Ninja

Other than that, I don't mind the Ghosting idea either. What other games have techs such as Ghosting? I get the feeling it's not original though.

Pi

Smash Hero
D.I.C.K. so when someone does it you can be 'Oh, would you quit D.I.C.K.ing' 'There he goes D.I.C.K.ing again'

unit182

Smash Apprentice
IDC-5
D.I.C.K-19
ghosting-16
vanishing-1

please give a definite vote of what you want

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Why not just call it what it is? Infinite cape glitch? What is it with all you people caring about what it's called? lol.
Because in verb form, I don't like it. IDCing? Infinite Diminsional Caping? At least D.I.C.King (acronym) sounds right as a verb.

Honestly though, people will call it what they prefer.

Santi

Smash Lord
Ha ha ha ha ha oh eh eh aha ha oh eh ha.. ha ...ha

And I thought my jokes were bad.

sxiz

Smash Cadet
Stealthing! Prowling! Shadowstepping!

Nah, I vote for D.I.C.K. It's pronouncible, it's funny, and Meta is already a Smash *****. Also it will piss people off which is always a good thing.

I can see 'stop d1cking around' becoming used instead of 'stop stalling'. Maybe we can add 'no homo' to the rules list.

Santi

Smash Lord
IDC-5
D.I.C.K-19
ghosting-16
vanishing-1

A plan you say? What would this plan be?
Let's wind the clocks back a year.
These noobs wouldn't dare cross any of you.
What happened, your balls drop off?
hmm
You see a guy like....

a guy like me....

Look, listen...

I know whyyy you choose to have your little
*cough*
group therapy sessions in broad daylight.

I know why your afraid to go out at night.

Muzga

Smash Ace
Hey guys!
ive got a great idea!
why dont we call it clauding!?!!
its brilliant! give ME credit!! *SARCASM*

(the guy who played the invisible man in the movie's name was claude rains)
*20 bad suggestions later*

RATED

Smash Lord
I can help here : why *******? why that name Iknow that the abbreviations are like that , but that's inmoral in a game where there are women too , and how bad is to heard a women talking like that ( I am not a women) just imagine u playing with a friend and there's some girls looking at u and ur friend and then u say u got ******! u are going to look so inmature.

I go for ghastling and is not bcuz I like it , is bcuz I don't like D.I.C.K and ghastly is the most near in votes.

Muzga

Smash Ace
**** is a word. how is it *immoral* to take a word out of context?
are girls supposed to be afraid of the word ****?
or is it just the 11 year olds who scrunch up their faces and whine for no apparent reason whenever they hear the word?

oh noez! he said ****! mommy! im offended!

Top Bottom