• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Naming MK's infinite cape glitch

unit182

Smash Apprentice
Since the finder probably doesn't like the debate of a name in his topic, this was made to debate the name of metaknight's infinite cape. There are three possible names for this technique. They are IDC (infinite dimensional cape,) vanishing, and ghosting.This is where the name will be debated, unless the creator says so otherwise. YOUR VOTE WILL NOT BE COUNTED IF YOU DO NOT GIVE REASONS. OPINIONS NOT ACCEPTED, no reasoning like is just awesome, because it's cool etc.

acv

Smash Journeyman
any name would be ok al long as it isnt ghosting.lol

unit182

Smash Apprentice
okay so here's the score
IDC-0
D.I.C.K-1
ghosting-1

ghosting

good description, no problems with the name (sex kick, anybody?), sensible, gives people one less excuse to call MK a ****.

samdaballer

Smash Ace
i vote for ghosting, **** is immature, people could've called wavedashing groundhumping but they didnt.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
D.I.C.K.

samdaballer: wavedashing wasn't as much of an insult to the skill of your opponent as this is. Therefore, D.I.C.K. is still quite apt.

samdaballer

Smash Ace
D.I.C.K.

samdaballer: wavedashing wasn't as much of an insult to the skill of your opponent as this is. Therefore, D.I.C.K. is still quite apt.
well, there is a very high chance of it being banned, so we won't see much talk of D.I.C.K. or ghosting regardless, and sex kick is not an insult to the skill of your opponent neither

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
No mod has yet announced any reservations against D.I.C.K.

Until such time, if ever, a mod tells us we have to rename it, I vote for calling it D.I.C.K. **** is a common given name, too, so it cannot be auto-censored.

l3lue2ain

Smash Journeyman
any name would be ok al long as it isnt ghosting.lol

although D.I.C.K is my personal favorite I don't think the technique is that worthy of it I think Ghosting is better. Example your at a tournament and someone goes " Oh! you just got ******" what are you going to think ? The most obvious thought is maybe the guy got shadow looped off. However same situation with ghosting as the name. "Omg wtf happend ooh that guy is ghosting".

1 + for ghosting.

acv

Smash Journeyman
No mod has yet announced any reservations against D.I.C.K.

Until such time, if ever, a mod tells us we have to rename it, I vote for calling it D.I.C.K. **** is a common given name, too, so it cannot be auto-censored.
that reminded me of a friend called like that.

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
Since the finder probably doesn't like the debate of a name in his topic, this was made to debate the name of metaknight's infinite cape. There are three possible names for this technique. They are IDC (infinite dimensional cape) D.I.C.K (Dimensional infinte cape of the knight) and finally ghosting. D.I.C.K is the most commonly used name, but it has the threat of getting the topic modded, as some have pointed out. This is where the name will be debated, unless the creator says so otherwise. YOUR VOTE WILL NOT BE COUNTED IF YOU DO NOT GIVE REASONS. OPINIONS NOT ACCEPTED, no reasoning like is just awesome, because it's cool etc.
Was he actually the creator? I could have sworn he said some Japanese ppl found out and etc. And he just so happened to tell everyone here on the boards. Isn't that what he said?
If I can recall he siad that he wanted to give credit to the Japanese for showing him a vid and himself for posting it on the boards. Calling him the founder is a statement you have to think about.
But Im up for calling it Ghostly D.I.C.K. lol

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
well, there is a very high chance of it being banned, so we won't see much talk of D.I.C.K. or ghosting regardless, and sex kick is not an insult to the skill of your opponent neither
Sex kicks are sex kicks because they're sexy. D.I.C.K. is D.I.C.K., because people who do it are Richards.

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
although D.I.C.K is my personal favorite I don't think the technique is that worthy of it I think Ghosting is better. Example your at a tournament and someone goes " Oh! you just got ******" what are you going to think ? The most obvious thought is maybe the guy got shadow looped off. However same situation with ghosting as the name. "Omg wtf happend ooh that guy is ghosting".

1 + for ghosting.
hahaha never laughed so hard. He got D.I.C.K.ed lol

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
^You can also say "That guy is D.I.C.King"
Point blank if we called it D.I.C.K. I wouldn't mind being banned from a tournament because I stalled over the time limit just so I can hear someone say he's D.I.C.K.ing, he's D.I.C.K.ing over the time limit lol I'd rather we have it be called Ghosting or Ghostly so at least we would have something shorter and more appropriate to say lol.

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
I vote that we either stick to Infinite Dimensional Cape (IDC), or name it Dimensional Cape Infinite (DCI).

Naming it D.I.C.K is absurd, and ghosting isn't bad, but I don't prefer it.

Justaway

Smash Apprentice
I vote IDC cause it makes so much more sense than Dimensional infinte cape of the knight? and ghosting just doesn't fit

acv

Smash Journeyman
Please enlighten us with your logic behind that.lol
there are more meta knight haters than meta knight mains.some meta knight mains want to call it ghosting and some want to call it D.I.C.K.almost all meta knight haters and none mains want to call it D.I.C.K or at least thats what i have seen.

tl;dr:its not an acronym.

unit182

Smash Apprentice
yes, but D.I.C.K is made to be an innuendo/humorous joke. the name richard is not made for humor, unless someone legally changes their last name to head or head in any other language before naming them >_>

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
Most non MK mains would like to see the technique named "D.I.C.K." because it'll give them an excuse to call MK a "D.I.C.K.", because people already hate Meta Knight. They'll just abuse the acronym.

unit182

Smash Apprentice
kayzee understands what I'm trying to get at, it may be humorous at first, but nothing stays funny forever, in fact it will just be abused it to *insert place far away from earth*

Pumeluf

Smash Rookie
I vote for IDC. The acronyme is rude and the other - I think - does not fit Meta Knight.

unit182

Smash Apprentice
IDC-3
D.I.C.K-6
ghosting-3

D.I.C.K will ultimitely degenerate to where MK is just called the technique, and if yoiu want metaknight to have a respectable name, go with IDC or ghosting

acv

Smash Journeyman
IDC-3
D.I.C.K-6
ghosting-3

D.I.C.K will ultimitely degenerate to where MK is just called the technique, and if yoiu want metaknight to have a respectable name, go with IDC or ghosting
most people will call it however they want to call it despite of this thread.

TomTom

Smash Cadet

1 + for ghosting.
I second that. The wording of D.I.C.K. sounds forced and clumsy, not to mention the fact that it seems a weak childish joke.

Ghosting sounds a lot more viable, and it's actually relevant to the technique used. So that's where my vote lies. ;)

unit182

Smash Apprentice
IDC-3
D.I.C.K-6
ghosting-4

you can call it whatever you want at home, but this will determine what the technique is called on message boards and at tournaments

Top Bottom