• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Naming MK's infinite cape glitch

MisterMoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aaron_Rodgerz
how will this decide that? It just depends on what the Majority of ALL Smashers call it... Not what the majority of Smashers that visit the MK boards call it....

unit182

Smash Apprentice
Well, how about instead of using opinion, why not take an objective standpoint, and then decide. whatever it's called doesn't matter to me, i'm just choosing the one I believe it should be called based of off the pros and cons. Maybe you should stop, and think before you make a decision.

Quez256

Smash Journeyman
Well, how about instead of using opinion, why not take an objective standpoint, and then decide. whatever it's called doesn't matter to me, i'm just choosing the one I believe it should be called based of off the pros and cons. Maybe you should stop, and think before you make a decision.
Pros & Cons are often observed from a subjective viewpoint -.-

oh, +1 for D.I.C.K

It's an entertaining acronym, only regarding the fact that it's broken as hell and will most likely be banned anyway, so, frankly, I don't give a ****, but there's nothing wrong with a bit of humor in between all the seriousness.

P.S: There's still value from being able to tell someone to stop D.I.C.K'ing around if they're trying to stall a fight.

acv

Smash Journeyman
IDC-3
D.I.C.K-6
ghosting-4

you can call it whatever you want at home, but this will determine what the technique is called on message boards and at tournaments
no it wont.do you think anybody will call it ghosting just because this thread says so?

unit182

Smash Apprentice
so I suppose that we should just start calling other techniques whatever we want

Muzga

Smash Ace
im honestly suprised that someone made a thread about this.
call the tech what you want to. it changes nothing.
youre not going to stop people from calling this tech a name which has already been clearly established by a large number of people in the smash community because you think ghosting is a good name.
pointless thread.

unit182

Smash Apprentice
LOL, but no, too few letters in the acronym. BTW acronym means abbreviated coded rendition of name yielding meaning. Muzga, you do realise that several people pointed out that D.I.C.K deserved to be modded.

acv

Smash Journeyman
so I suppose that we should just start calling other techniques whatever we want
no. we call wavedashing like that because people know what we are refering to.

if we called everything a different way nobody would know what we are talking about.if i talk to a random person and i called the tehcnique ghosting they wouldnt know what i am refering to.

l3lue2ain

Smash Journeyman
no. we call wavedashing like that because people know what we are refering to.

if we called everything a different way nobody would know what we are talking about.if i talk to a random person and i called the tehcnique ghosting they wouldnt know what i am refering to.
when someone hears wavedashing immediately people ( that are not noobs know about it).
If someone said JSA for example you would be like newb get out my face. Then they said its "Jumping, Shielding, with the Analog stick" it makes sense. But what would you say no one says J.S.A we just say wavedashing. (JSA was just made up).

But D.I.C.K on the other hand your going to have to explain the acronym each time. Check this out. I decided to test it out today I went to House A of friends. at first i did a few regular dimensional capes then I did "D.I.C.K" people were like WTF you disappeared for so long. I said yea that's called D.I.C.K (Dimensional infinte cape of the knight). I just got a lot of LOL you just got ****** and so on. Then I went to house B several hours later after owning. I basically did the same thing but I said it was called ghosting. My friend goes. "That makes alot of sense its called ghosting because you disappeared for so long. I did not even get to get in the explanation.

Then here is I guess my only "Main problem with D.I.C.K yea its funny yea I may jokingly still use it but what if its just you and another guy in the room and he is like whats that are you doing to say my D.I.C.K or ghosting... end of discussion"

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
no it wont.do you think anybody will call it ghosting just because this thread says so?
He's trying to say that this thread is to best determine its online name and popularity when mentioned on the boards. Not to force a new name on this Technique.

acv

Smash Journeyman
He's trying to say that this thread is to best determine its online name and popularity when mentioned on the boards. Not to force a new name on this Technique.
thanks for the explanation.sorry if i misinterpreted the purpose of the thread.

Xavi

Smash Cadet
Kinda immature though, don't ya think?

"Dude, stop ******* around with the D.I.C.K!"

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I vote against ghosting and IDC because they're established terms within other communities, several of which are gaming communities.

D.I.C.K. is a sarcastic toungue-in-cheek name and what's wrong with the name Richard, anyway? Drastic techniques call for drastic names.

l3lue2ain

Smash Journeyman
Kinda immature though, don't ya think?

"Dude, stop ******* around with the D.I.C.K!"
haha I am just trying to keep it real. lol here is another situation you see some girl playing metaknight and you walk up to her and say a really advanced technique in brawl for metaknight is called D.I.C.K" LOL the girl is a bit skeptical so then you say "My wii's in my room I'll show you" LOl

Maybe I was looking at this the wrong way LOL maybe D.I.C.K is the better name.

Tim_The_Enchanter

Smash Ace
This might be the first and last time I will agree with Yuna. D.I.C.K. is a fun, tongue-in-cheek name for an AT that is pretty much universally hated by all non-MK mains.

I hate MK and think he is a **** so the name for his most broken AT should reflect his personality.

+1 for D.I.C.K.

Justaway

Smash Apprentice
how about just calling it caping?
easy to pronounce, relevant, sounds a bit like camping AND it's not a profanity

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott
I like ghosting, if only because it's not as profane as D.I.C.K. D:

How 'bout Dimensional Rip, or DiR for short? I haven't performed the glitch yet, but from what I can garner from posts, Meta Knight disappears and starts re-appearing for a while.

how about just calling it caping?
Mario stole the term before Meta Knight could get in the game.

Quez256

Smash Journeyman
This might be the first and last time I will agree with Yuna. D.I.C.K. is a fun, tongue-in-cheek name for an AT that is pretty much universally hated by all non-MK mains.

I hate MK and think he is a **** so the name for his most broken AT should reflect his personality.

+1 for D.I.C.K.
Keep in mind that there are those that main MK and prefer the D.I.C.K name only because we hate the tech and appreciate it being banned.

And again, the ultimate anti-stalling phrase: Stop D.I.C.K'ing around.

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
i vote for D.I.C.K. for the fact that mk already have stupid names like the omnigay and the whorenadoe. So i don't think it wouldn't hurt just to have one more. =)

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
wow @ how lame you kids are

like, wow

Yuna too? lame a ss

+1 vote for ghosting you 12 year olds

Wayland

Smash Journeyman
If we call it "D.I.C.K." it will ruin the community. Every single conversation about the technique will have to end in a 'no homo.' (We were having a friendly, and I D.I.C.K.ed him. It was just for fun, just D.I.C.K.ing around. No Homo.) And that's only if a guy smasher says it. If a girl says it, she'll either look like a transvestite, or a total skank, depending on which end of the D.I.C.K. she is on.

IDC is no good either, because it's pretty much unpronounceable. If you want to bend the rules, and pronounce it, it still ends up sounding like "****". I dunno if the censor's gonna catch that, but I'd feel immature if I put a 1 in it.

Ghosting is on the right track, but it's not there yet. I think we should call it the Patrick Swayze.

Muzga

Smash Ace
+1 for IDC
because I DONT CARE;P

so how is this actually going to work?
when are these votes going to stop being taken in?
seems like a pretty unbalanced way of working out what to call it.

was there a thread like this for wavedashing?

unit182

Smash Apprentice
IDC-5
D.I.C.K-9
ghosting-7

Quez, If you are going to vote, vote once :chuckle: I was brainstorming, and came up with
Papa Palpatino's senate throwing glitch, as if we'll use that. Also Richard is often shortened down to rich or richie,and that is slang for ****

Top Bottom