• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most overrated move in the game?

Trifroze

all is cheese, all is jank
NNID
Trifroze
Toon Link's dair. It's really predictable, has a horrible ending lag and every beginner TL spams it. I guess it's more like overused, not overrated.

Luigi player

Smash Master
I don't think any move is overrated.

The moves that are good are being seen as good moves.

And moves that suck aren't overrated by anyone.

The more interesting question (imo) would be "what are the most underrated moves?".

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
MK's Dsmash is extremely overrated. It's unsafe on block, but people don't punish it like they easily could.

Snake's Ftilt. The range on the first hit is overrated, and the move is just unsafe on block in general. Snake can't just throw out Ftilts for easy damage like some people think he can.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
MK's Dsmash is extremely overrated. It's unsafe on block, but people don't punish it like they easily could.

Snake's Ftilt. The range on the first hit is overrated, and the move is just unsafe on block in general. Snake can't just throw out Ftilts for easy damage like some people think he can.
Well, the first hit of the f-tilt makes up for it by being able to trip.

And MK's d-smash is quite fast, fast enough so that he can use it at times where you might not be able to respond fast enough to shield to begin with.

-Mars-

Smash Hero

Most smashes are safe on block, that's why you won't see top MK players throwing out random dsmashes like the sorry ones. A move with that much range, that much KO power, that comes out that fast..........is never overrated. It even kills early when it's decayed.

Once again, Ftilt is a punisher. It's also one of the best punishers in the game as an OoS option..........hell it even outspeeds some characters jabs.

Thirtyfour

Smash Journeyman
Any Projectile that can be jabbed.... by falcon
Both of samus's missles
TL's arrows and boomerang
Lucario's mini spheres
Half of peach's turnips
Mario Bro's Fire balls
Ect

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
How are those overrated? Nobody even thinks their good.
But you have to consider that a majority of KO's come from Forward Smash! Also, throughout history the Falcon punch has been spammed by the newbiest (like me) and even top Pros! And I think their good.. if you've ever read the Captain Falcon stickies, Falcon Punch kills at 60% garunteed. C'mon Guys! Falcon Punch is a SSB history icon! it's been around for ages!

Backward

Smash Cadet
MK Neutral B. Only heavyweights get really hurt from it.

Also, Pikachu's D-Smash.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
tornado is amazing, if it wasnt amazing, we wouldnt have devoted so much time to figuring out how to beat it to get the the point where people think its overrated..

oh, im sorry, i made a mess, by JUST BLOWING YOUR MIND

LOLOLOOLOLOLOOL

seriously though, nothing MK has is overrated

-Mars-

Smash Hero
But you have to consider that a majority of KO's come from Forward Smash! Also, throughout history the Falcon punch has been spammed by the newbiest (like me) and even top Pros! And I think their good.. if you've ever read the Captain Falcon stickies, Falcon Punch kills at 60% garunteed. C'mon Guys! Falcon Punch is a SSB history icon! it's been around for ages!
Wow and to think they won't let me become a debater.............

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo's Confusion. Sure, it tosses you around like a salad, but then you get a free back aerial to Mewtwo's face! It's good for mindgames, though....

seriously though, I don't play enough hardcore people to know things like if Whorenado is really all that amazing or if Diddy's bananas truly make his approach unstoppable ( I don't play enough shameless Diddy to know)

And I agree, a thread for Underrated moves would probably be more open-ended and interesting.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
MK's tornado is ovverated as hell. people talk about it like its godly, only to realize what the term DI means. (cept for heavy chars).

i would say...captain falcon pits arrows are also overrated. once you learn how to duck or avoid the arrows, or simply shield, you can get past them

Nintendevil

Smash Ace
GYRO: An item (glide toss), KO move, great damage, projectile, freaky hitboxes, good for B turnarounds.

GIANT PUNCH: KO move, great damage, melee attack, super armor frames, leaves you vulnerable after use in midair, ok b turnaround? (?).

You decide.

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
Pikachu's dsmash. It's ludicrously easy to SDI out of. I've done it in Wi-Fi lag.

Machnado, yeah, to some extent, but you can't forget that it's basically a moving shield with a hitbox because of its priority that grows as it goes on.

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
Wow and to think they won't let me become a debater.............
Apply mate! go to User CP, then click on Group Memberships, and apply to enter as a debater... then the prompts will tell you to give a reason why you should be one. Just don't PM the people in charge of the group like I did, afterwards... wait and wait... you should get it soon.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Sheiks downB. People think she's getting better despite getting actually worse :laugh:

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
Ness' PK Thunder.

Almost every Ness I know praises it so much just because WOW YOU CAN CONTROL IT and because WOW PK THUNDER 2 KILLS EARLY. It's too bad you have to literally be blind to get hit by PKT2 heh

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
<%Phiddlesticks> everyone should post in agreeance
<%Phiddlesticks> agreement een
<%Phiddlesticks> even even

Phiddlestick's upB is overrated.
And I do not agree.

Top Bottom