• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Orlando 2010 Results (Apr 16-19) $7,000, COME TO MLG COLUMBUS IN JUNE!

Nope

Smash Lord
And I can assure you, Diem has gotten much better since then. He got gayed by fighting me twice, but the ****** beat Lain 2-1 in a MM this past weekend and was actually ****ing hard to fight.
I never said anything about how good a player he is or anything about his accomplishments, I know he is a good player and I'm sure he has gotten better. I look forward to playing him in the future again someday.

That nonsense aside, this was a really fun tournament and I am looking forward to seeing everyone again at the next one! The smash community truly is amazing and as always MLG runs a great event! I hope to see everyone in Columbus.

Edit: OS's Hat is faded and not as impressive as it once was!

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Me too. Please resize your images before posting :(

Anyway, what's the verdict on the stage list/ruleset? What'd everyone think of the stage striking with the 9 stages? Counterpicking? Did anyone truly get an auto win on Green greens? Did people get ***** there when they tried to use MK? I want to hear the juicy details..haha.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
shoutouts to all of florida and all the diddys ;) i got gayed several times but its k, came for the experience than for the win.

also, florida gets better with hype/coaching...lol spirit bomb.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
too bad i didnt really say hi to any out of staters

i had a bad week/end
so i just stuck around the people i knew

sorry peeps

ps i suck

Conti

Smash Ace
So many top players placed terrible cuz of brackets. That's random seeding for ya... next even will be better (and maybe a stagelist adjustment lol? )

M@v

Subarashii!
shoutouts to all of florida and all the diddys ;) i got gayed several times but its k, came for the experience than for the win.

also, florida gets better with hype/coaching...lol spirit bomb.
That didn't work though; we had to go super sayian.

Mampam

Smash Ace
sooooooooooooo many ppl i didnt get to play =(
and no money for mm's

no friendlies FTL

but AMAZINGEST TOURNEY EVAR.... didnt do well though lol

bracket ****ed

iRJi

Smash Champion
Me too. Please resize your images before posting :(

Anyway, what's the verdict on the stage list/ruleset? What'd everyone think of the stage striking with the 9 stages? Counterpicking? Did anyone truly get an auto win on Green greens? Did people get ***** there when they tried to use MK? I want to hear the juicy details..haha.
Needs to be switched from 9 to 7 starters. Get rid of Halberd and Delphino as a starting stage, and it will be fine.

As for the CP's, You can just trash Norfair, but I think everything outside of that was fine.

judge!

Smash Ace
everyone go to columbus cant wait to play some of u guys ( nickriddle,esam,redhalberd)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I wish people didn't predit me to place top 3, lol. I feel like crap.
When you go into a tournament saying "You should change the rules so I don't automatically lose on my opponent's counterpick" and don't make any changes to your game, you're in trouble.

When you're the only one that it's true for, it's even worse.

Pick up a secondary for bad Diddy stages or start practicing. It's worth it to add a 0 to the end of your winnings.

D1

Banned via Administration
Stages sucked, tournament rocked so many amazing South, WC, EC, MW smashers to shoutout...also the outta countriers like Ally and Ally.

It was mad fun to hang w/ all the Falco mains and share strats and whatnot. Sh** was too legit.

This felt like the Melee times, w/ all the amazing chants and sidebets going on, and partying after the tourney as well.

Just got back home, from the long drive w/ the Zodiac Braves...I wish Rookie wasn't sick...dude was stuck bedresting @ the hotelroom alllll weekend T_______T.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
It's gonna be fun sharing tons of ROB strats with all the ROB mains everywhere at Columbus!

Oh wait a second...

*crickets*

ADHD

Smash Hero
When you go into a tournament saying "You should change the rules so I don't automatically lose on my opponent's counterpick" and don't make any changes to your game, you're in trouble.

When you're the only one that it's true for, it's even worse.

Pick up a secondary for bad Diddy stages or start practicing. It's worth it to add a 0 to the end of your winnings.
The counterpicks weren't the problem, it was the counterpicks being in the neutrals.

Why are people timing me out? THIS IS A PARTY GAME, BRAH. Idk @ judge.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Neutral Stages

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1 (Melee)
Castle Siege

Counter-Pick

Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
Pictochat

Best stage list out there IMO.

The fact that it's mine has nothing to do with it ;]

ADHD

Smash Hero
Neutral Stages

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege

Counter-Pick

Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
Pictochat

You are forgetting that norfair should be a neutral because the lava is totally avoidable and if you get hit by it, you're bad.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Neutral Stages

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege

Counter-Pick

Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
Pictochat

I agree, pretty amazing

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Needs to be switched from 9 to 7 starters. Get rid of Halberd and Delphino as a starting stage, and it will be fine.

As for the CP's, You can just trash Norfair, but I think everything outside of that was fine.
Did anybody that didn't want to play either delfino or halberd ever end up playing on these stages first match though?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Rainbow Cruise is so cool. You don't even know--It's like my favorite counterpick stage.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
reflex vs player1 do it.

also love having castle siege as a neutral :\ and always banning norfair :\

OverLade

Smash Hero
Norfair should be taken off.

Pictochat is nice because it helps out Diddy/Snake/Dedede/Falco in the same way RC/Frigate/Delphino help out MK.

Top Bottom