• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Orlando 2010 Results (Apr 16-19) $7,000, COME TO MLG COLUMBUS IN JUNE!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
doubles wasnt a sponsored pot.
Doubles was based completely on number of entrants and an entry fee.

Whats really crazy about all of this is that the amount of points this will equate to in the character rankings list.

With a $7000 pot
The minimum number of points each character gets is close to 40.
Which will bump Luigi up really high.
MK will be going up like 450 points.

Its crazy how much the top 8 of these events will be shaping the rankings list. I almost wish there would be points obtained for more than just top 8 when you have events of these sizes.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
so, im pretty sure this was the most fun tournament ive ever been to.

the brawl community single handedly turned this into a godlike weekend. You guys are too good. Theres so many threads on the mlg website with people referencing how intense we were. The crowds were amazing. Its like we stole the melee crowd from pound4 :laugh:

the biggest props for the entire weekend go to ESAM (for getting 4th), Chaz (for beating so many top name players its ridiculous), Biglou (for being the manilest man with luigi ever), zazen (for giving his house up for the good of MLG friday and saturday night) and hrnut (lol delfino). And of course ********* for coming out to support. lol @ knock MK's mask off like Vega

Larry, Casey, Arturo - Im 110% satisfied with the fact that I housed you guys. Made it pretty enjoyable. I definitely got any of you guys again if you ever need it. And you'll never be as good as that beetle on Life, so give up kids cause youre bad.

Kyon - we'll do better next time. After hearing some interesting information, I might re-pick up GW for teams only.

WC - good seeing you guys again. I definitely want to come back out there for another tourney this year.

ADHD - you'll get them next time. From what i saw, good stuff in teams though

MLG - Very efficient tourney. None of that going over for time stuff. Other TOs should take note of how well ran everything was. and with only 20 setups too. Ive seen brawl tourneys with more setups take way longer for no reason...Other future big tourneys should have a guaranteed set number of setups that are always tourney no matter what, and then the rest can be tourney or friendlies depending on what is needed at the time, and be more strict about the DQ rules too, cause that definitely moved things along.

Florida - why are you so good? and why arent i included :(

unless MLG starts having singles saturday-sunday instead of friday-saturday, I dont think ill be able to attend anymore this year for singles.

PB&J

Smash Hero
esam and big lou..good stuff repping the south.i guess ill try to go to colombus just to watch i guess because it had to be epic

Allied

Smash Master
dmbrandon says:

Get at mah boy Kirin ****ing Blaze outplacing Nope. NOPE SALTY.

Edit: (Kirin was in New York. Get *****)

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I placed horribly, but still had a lot of fun. I'll try to make Columbus.

Shoutouts to people when I get back home. Florida and West Coast were both tons of fun to be around.
It's all good Malcolm you got this **** next time. You coming to Columbus?

Kith

Smash Ace
This was pretty awesome. I kinda wish they had friendly set ups though. I mean, I get that they want us to all watch the other matches because it looks good for the camera when there's a huge crowd at events, but there was like a total of half an hour or an hour of "allowed" friendly time :-/

-!-

Smash Lord
Yea I wanted to play lots of friendlies but half the time I didn't bother cuz I would get kicked out either way...

-!-

Kith

Smash Ace
Yeah, that's really my only complaint about the experience. Well, that and the fact that I will never drink another Dr. Pepper as long as I live o.o

-!-

Smash Lord
alright I just finished uploading HrNut vs Shadow match 2, anyone that wants to see it here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQEP9qMvyqk

its a lil blurry, since I just uploaded but its up to u if u wanna wait or not. And no, I don't have match one, I got there like on the last minute of match one. I could of recorded more matches but most of the time the screen was so bright u couldn't really see what was happening. I sooo wanted to record Ally vs AdHd that was soo good, and of course Esams matches and all the other good players.

-!-

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
dxmn dawggggggggggggg this tournament was FXCKING SICKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKkkkkkKKKkkKK!!!!!

Kith

Smash Ace
This thing really brought Florida together, more so than any other tournament I've been to.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Kith: Sunday from roughly 12-4 was practically all friendlies.

Next event I think we will allow friendlies on maybe 2-4 tvs during the finals (tvs on the same side as the finals so at least everyone is on one side).

Thank you to everyone that made it out and made this tournament a success. I'd like to seem some shout out lists get going!

Also, keep letting MLG know how hype it was, spacejam has a thread going:
http://www.mlgpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=309340

2nLio

Smash Journeyman
This tournament was too sick! Im definitely gonna be wrecking more face with my toon link at colombus.

Florida = Too good (it takes florida to get rid of florida)

Top Bottom