• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Orlando 2010 - April 16-18th ($7,000) - RESULTS THREAD IS UP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Seriously though, although minor, you guys should check out rule 13 =x

It says that after the round 1 stage is selected, you and your opponent may ban a stage. BEFORE ROUND 1 IS PLAYED.

Bans are supposed to be used to counter an opponent, not as a stage you simply do not want to play on. @_@
this is a huge issue as well, aZ please take note of this...

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Xyro why are you trying to make MLG brawl fail?

The huge stage list is for obvious reason, so people aren't playing the same five or six stages. it will keep the game exciting or at the very least more varied for people watching who may not be into the brawl scene. I'm happy to have norfair back, it was one of my favorite stages.

The huge pool of starter stages will make things much more interesting as well.

green greens is a bad idea though I think.

CO18

Smash Hero
Maybe there can be a rule where you can only use their wiimotes or something, then you sign it out and return it right after the match or something.

For ppl thats already bought tickets thats pretty messed up. Giving them 3 weeks to catch up with 2 years of useage of another controller..

Player-1

Smash Legend
I feel for people like Y.b.M and possible Razer who have purchased plane tickets etc and find out today that their controller ( which is standard for the wii) is banned. Not fair at all.

As for the stages, people should really stop complaining about them. MLG hooked brawl, and is giving out crap tons of money. Complainging and being ungrateful will get us dropped faster than melee.

Random seeding sucks, but to be the best you have to beat the best. That why its double elimination. If you get screwed in winners then you have an opportunity to wreck in losers.

Something has to be done for Y.b.M though and anyone else in that kind of predicament.
They bought the pass and ticket before rules were released, that's there own fault, although people who wanted to go were being pressured to buy one fast since there was a fear of shortages of passes, I can sympathize for that, but it's their own fault buying a pass and ticket knowing that wii motes might be banned.

Kel

Smash Master
The no wiimote rule is the lamest, but denying D3 the infinite CG is pretty lame too (same goes for Marth's CG). Also, how is this banned exactly? What are the penalties for being DQed by this? What if the d3 is doing the small step CG? This isn't an infinite, but could be mistaken for it. I can see people getting DQed on poor judgment =(.

hunger!

Smash Champion
They bought the pass and ticket before rules were released, that's there own fault, although people who wanted to go were being pressured to buy one fast since there was a fear of shortages of passes, I can sympathize for that, but it's their own fault buying a pass and ticket knowing that wii motes might be banned.
people knew that wiimotes might get banned? LOL don't think so. mlg is using new shiit mixed with 2 year old stuff. fricken stupid

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Lord forgive people wanted to make some money at a tournament. I mean this is why people are going to mlg right for the MONEY...cause thats what the main thing is about here...they wanna make money and get famous...mlg never releasing the ruleset until 3 weeks til teh tournament is MLG's fault. I was told that the reason it took so long was due to the man in charge being swapped with work and not having time to do this until recently.

Razer, YBM, P~S and others have a right to play at the max level they can and you blaming them for wanting to place high when you will barely get out of the first round, though with the random seeding you never know, is not their fault.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
people knew that wiimotes might get banned? LOL don't think so. mlg is using new shiit mixed with 2 year old stuff. fricken stupid
yes

razer posted about wireless controllers as well as others here in this thread before ruleset was posted.
it only makes sense but the current arguement is that wiimotes are ONLY wireless as oppose to 360 and PS3 controllers being both wired and wireless. There is no substitute for the wiimote other than an entirely different controller.

it should be changed into an interference rule rather than banning the controller.
but i don't make the rules~

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
you god **** right Apex will be the biggest tournmanet...we wont have the MLG logo but we will be just as fun..

but lets not talk about that AZ is helping me with APEX XD

seriously though...im upset at MLG but what can you do XD

Player-1

Smash Legend
Think of it this way.

You're looking for a new job after being on a different job for the past 2 years. You get hired. A couple of months later it gets to be the holiday season and you buy a ticket for vacation assuming you were going to get work off to go do it KNOWING that you're with a completely different company making different rules. Then your boss tells you that you have to work. **** sucks doesn't it?

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
**** the New Job, **** the Boss...

WHY HASN'T MLG PEEPS POSTED ANYTHING YET.... SOMEONE WITH AN MLG NAME NEEDS TO say Something.... This is ridiculous...WHERE YOU AT DEIMOS!!!?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
first off I knew the wii-motes would be banned based on the idea that MLG does not want the Wii-motes to cause interference with other matches. But lets just defend Razer and the guys a bit.

They asked and asked and ASKED. NO one answered or said " based on this its a no" No answer was given. When are not given an answer you assume the worst...and some did but no one knew...when are left out of the LOOP what do you expect...its like with the rules...who expected some of those stages to be on? Hell us SBR members did not even think that these rules would be this...different ( I will not say good or bad cause that is up to opinion ).

Bottom line it was bad timing just like when MLG announced its dates and GAMME got kinda ****** over.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Lord forgive people wanted to make some money at a tournament. I mean this is why people are going to mlg right for the MONEY...cause thats what the main thing is about here...they wanna make money and get famous...mlg never releasing the ruleset until 3 weeks til teh tournament is MLG's fault. I was told that the reason it took so long was due to the man in charge being swapped with work and not having time to do this until recently.

Razer, YBM, P~S and others have a right to play at the max level they can and you blaming them for wanting to place high when you will barely get out of the first round, though with the random seeding you never know, is not their fault.
Yeah it's their fault for releasing the rule set so late, but IMO, it's more of the people's fault who already spent hundreds of dollars on this KNOWING that wireless may be banned. And LOL at me blaming them for wanting to make money when I was blaming them for being dumb enough to spend that much money on something when they know it might be banned.

"Razer, YBM, P~S and others have a right to play at the max level they can and you blaming them for wanting to place high when you will barely get out of the first round, though with the random seeding you never know, is not their fault."

^^^ how is that relevant at all? LOL

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
WTF dude no offense but you expect anyone to sit there and not want to take advantage of something that could potential make them thousands? I am sorry but that is something I would think is kinda silly.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Quoted from Hunger's stagelist hate:

No, the new stage list is one of the best things to happen. More characters will be viable with the more diverse stages. It will also be more exciting to watch. If it was only FD, BF, and SV. Diddy's, Snake's, Wario's and MK's players will have the advantage on those stages. Which is why you don't like the new stage list, because it's disadvantageous to Wario main's like yourself, and more advantageous to make at least middle tier's characters tournament viable now.

This stage list is much better than the SBR stagelist. MLG people obviously have unbiased logic unlike the SBR members. SBR members make rules that benefit their character and strategies, while the MLG people are unbiased about it since they aren't participating in the tournament brackets.

They should definitely allow Wii mote players to participate. I feel bad for Y.b.m. and the other players who already paid, then they find out a day later, they can't use the controller they been using since the start.

Please allow Wii mote players to participate MLG.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
lol green greens

i hope they get to use their real controllers for the tourney. I know if i went to a SFIV tourney and i couldnt use a fightpad i would be ridiculously pissed

Player-1

Smash Legend
first off I knew the wii-motes would be banned based on the idea that MLG does not want the Wii-motes to cause interference with other matches. But lets just defend Razer and the guys a bit.

They asked and asked and ASKED. NO one answered or said " based on this its a no" No answer was given. When are not given an answer you assume the worst...and some did but no one knew...when are left out of the LOOP what do you expect...its like with the rules...who expected some of those stages to be on? Hell us SBR members did not even think that these rules would be this...different ( I will not say good or bad cause that is up to opinion ).

Bottom line it was bad timing just like when MLG announced its dates and GAMME got kinda ****** over.
It's called getting on the official MLG website and asking them directly. I did it, they responded in a few hours later, my question was answered. And they did answer by saying that we have to wait, which is what everyone planning on using a wii mote should have done. Yes, I agree that they should have had the rules posted WAY earlier, that is their fault. But, unless you're rich, you shouldn't be taking chances on wasting hundreds of dollars

hunger!

Smash Champion
Quoted from Hunger's stagelist hate:

No, the new stage list is one of the best things to happen. More characters will be viable with the more diverse stages. It will also be more exciting to watch. If it was only FD, BF, and SV. Diddy's, Snake's, Wario's and MK's players will have the advantage on those stages. Which is why you don't like the new stage list, because it's disadvantageous to Wario main's like yourself, and more advantageous to make at least middle tier's characters tournament viable now.

This stage list is much better than the SBR stagelist. MLG people obviously have unbiased logic unlike the SBR members. SBR members make rules that benefit their character and strategies, while the MLG people are unbiased about it since they aren't participating in the tournament brackets.

They should definitely allow Wii mote players to participate. I feel bad for Y.b.m. and the other players who already paid, then they find out a day later, they can't use the controller they been using since the start.

Please allow Wii mote players to participate MLG.

MLG is using stages no one uses (cept maybe overswarm and his cronies). I ( a wario main) absolutely hate brinstar and sometimes ban it. My character has nothing to do with the stages or i would love norfair. The fact is that the stage list is god awful. Halberd and Delph as a neutral....LOL have fun. Ally will **** you on halberd and co18 is going to win on delfino. Oh wait....co lost on delf (prolly wont happen but what if) OH LOOK GREEN GREENS, GG!!!! I counterpick d3's and mk's to cruise so don't sit there and think that my character has anything to do with what i said. im just using logic. the stagelist is ********.

Also, have fun when ps2 changes and mk gets a free minute off the timer when he just flaps his wings forever on the wind stage. Or better yet, when xyro bomb hops on the wind stage. Samus can fly on that level!!!!!! Time em out xyro (if you're going)

Player-1

Smash Legend
WTF dude no offense but you expect anyone to sit there and not want to take advantage of something that could potential make them thousands? I am sorry but that is something I would think is kinda silly.
No, I agree, I'd expect them to. I was just saying that it was not relevant towards MLG posting rules later or people by their tickets before rules were posted.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
You guys don't get that stage striking is still in affect with the neutrals..

Snake vs D3
Snake strikes FD, Castle Siege, and Delfino
D3 strikes BF, Halberd, Lylat, and Yoshi's Island
Snake strikes PS1
Match plays on SV

Fair? Hell yes, they both had the opportunity to get rid of their worst starter stages. What is wrong with this? Nothing. Try it before you bash it.

The starter list isn't a big deal. We have a lot of strikes so it neutralizes it. If your character loses to another one on more than 4 neutrals...that is your character's fault/you shouldn't be playing that match-up. Pick up a secondary in that case.

Player-1

Smash Legend

Snake vs D3
Snake strikes PS1
Match plays on FD

The starter list isn't a big deal. We have a lot of strikes so it neutralizes it.
smashville?

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
MLG is using stages no one uses (cept maybe overswarm and his cronies). I ( a wario main) absolutely hate brinstar and sometimes ban it. My character has nothing to do with the stages or i would love norfair. The fact is that the stage list is god awful. Halberd and Delph as a neutral....LOL have fun. Ally will **** you on halberd and co18 is going to win on delfino. Oh wait....co lost on delf (prolly wont happen but what if) OH LOOK GREEN GREENS, GG!!!! I counterpick d3's and mk's to cruise so don't sit there and think that my character has anything to do with what i said. im just using logic. the stagelist is ********.

Also, have fun when ps2 changes and mk gets a free minute off the timer when he just flaps his wings forever on the wind stage. Or better yet, when xyro bomb hops on the wind stage. Samus can fly on that level!!!!!! Time em out xyro (if you're going)
You forgot to mention about the stage strikes. If you don't want to fight Ally on Halberd you can ban it. Not sure if MLG is using random select on starter stages are not, although that would be interesting to hear. Because you can select a few stages to ban, it would make the stage list totally fair.

Noa.

Smash Master
Yeah, it's not like the starter stage is determined on random.

The problem with Norfair isn't really the lava but the campiness. It's huge which makes it easy for characters to go around in circles and of course there's planking.

Transformations on PS2 can sometimes promote stalling, but PS1 also does this with its walls.

Green Greens is just stupid.

The rest aren't that big of a deal. Surprising that Japes isn't on though.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Yo, stop ****ing advertising on MLG. If you don't like the ruleset, deal with it and don't go. Don't bash it constantly and then promote it based on the negativity. That is just ****ed up. Jesus CHrist Xyro, i thought you would know better than that.

@Calibur Champ
Stage striking exists, it says it in the rules. It isn't random select. People please read the rules carefully before jonesing about something that is non-existant.

Player-1

Smash Legend
oh and btw, I have a similar scenario.
I'm going to Disney world for a band trip during the same weekend as MLG. I wasn't sure which parks we were allowed in while we were there or any of that stuff. I was being pressured to buy some tickets since MLG JV said they were only 20 left, I decided to chance it and buy a pass Fri/Sat. On Monday we got more information about the band trip and it turned out we were only allowed in certain parks on certain days, the Sporting Complex was not one of them. I am now stuck with my pass that I wasted money for, I may pay $20 fee and use it for Columbus, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to go yet. My band director could have told our class Thurs/Fri since he had gotten that information, but when I asked him about it he said he'd go over it Mon. with everyone else, I knew that there was a chance I wouldn't be allowed to go, but took the risk anyway and bought a ticket that I can't use at Orlando now. Personally, I blame myself for KNOWING the risk then deciding to take it, of course there is SOME fault that lies the my band director and MLG for not giving me the info sooner, but the majority of it was my fault.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Also, if you people didn't notice, there are LEDGE GRAB RULES! Don't worry about Planking on norfair because if the number goes above 45 your opponent loses the match if it goes to time

If you can't pressure them a little bit to get the 45, that is your character's fault. Ban the level. Oh, so then you have RC? Deal with it.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
peach boards need straight mods too,

i don't like being infracted for posting girls while posting shirtless guys is a-ok

srsly

anyway, rules don't phase me.
worry about yourself for the most part.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Those of you who are upset about MLG and its ruleset....go to WHOBO 2!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257495

Unlike MLG, here at WHOBO 2 we care about our little wiimote using' buddies. We take HONOR in the fact that team attack is ON! We REFUSE to allow MK to STEAL your matches by SCROOGING. We also offer a wide varitey of QUALITY(more bang for your buck) stages that DONT include Green Greens or Norfair! We actually give a **** about brawl!

BUT WAIT! THERES MORE!

For the first 10 players that say "screw MLG" and buy entry into WHOBO 2(the badge), i will throw in ONE FREE(thats right, FREEEEEEEEEE) entry into ANY event(1vs1/2vs2/lt or ISP) he or she wishes to enter at WHOBO....But you must ACT NOW!

Questions? http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257495
Comments? http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257495
Complaints? http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257495
Praise? http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257495
Hot Girls/Anime/Imported Cars? http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257495
Seeing San(ike) vs Xyro(samus) in a 100$MM? http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257495
Obviously, your not pleased. Stop it now though, players waited forever for MLG to pick up brawl, and they finally got their wish granted. If people like you are going to complain about it, MLG for brawl will not last long at all. At this rate, Brawl will be dropped quickly from this communities outrage. We need MLG to keep Brawl alive. Nothing is going to be perfect, you have to deal with it. Accept it as it is or STFU.

Nike.

Smash Hero

Snake vs D3
Snake strikes PS1
Match plays on SV

Fair? Hell yes, they both had the opportunity to get rid of their worst starter stages. What is wrong with this? Nothing. Try it before you bash it.

The starter list isn't a big deal. We have a lot of strikes so it neutralizes it. If your character loses to another one on more than 4 neutrals...that is your character's fault/you shouldn't be playing that match-up. Pick up a secondary in that case.
This was the most logical post I've read about the ruleset. Alot of people are freaking out, but you can still strike the bad stages.

gallax

Smash Hero
i vote to allow the wii motes as long as eveyone else i have talked to so far in CFL.

MLG- please allow for razer and ybm and p~s to use their wiimotes. u will not be disappointed if u allow it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom