• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Orlando 2010 - April 16-18th ($7,000) - RESULTS THREAD IS UP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
I gotta say, Infractions are really needed in here right now. MLG puts us on THEIR circuit, and you respond like this? Go cry to EVO and play with smash balls, this rule set is 100% competitive and yes it might be something out of the ordinary, but does that mean its awful? I don't think so. Would I use it at my tournaments? Probably not. I understand why people are upset about the Wii Mote rule, and I can't say I disagree . . But maybe Razer ybm and P~S should PM JV? It can't hurt right?

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Xyro going hard LOL

Lol @ all these MLG nut hoppers, the rules are far from good, stop frontin

Looking forward to Ksizzle gaying everyone tho.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
you can't strike counter picks.The stages really aren't even the biggest deal here (greens greens is pretty bad though). The biggest problem is wiimote issue, followed by the doubles character selection issue (I REALLY wanted to see shadow+diem take this =(). There's also a lack of a ban on stalling and I am SO sure M2K and other top MKs who could really use $7000 will abuse this. =/There's plenty of other bad stuff in there, but the ones I mentioned need immediate fixes.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
i vote to allow the wii motes as long as eveyone else i have talked to so far in CFL.

MLG- please allow for razer and ybm and p~s to use their wiimotes. u will not be disappointed if u allow it.
I second this. They both are really good with their mains, it would attract many viewers. It would be good for the sponsors as well. Making MLG more money.

Allied

Smash Master
Regardless of MLG is taking care of brawl now i think we should remind ourself we did fine without MLG before and now they come in making a mockery with these rules

i'm not dissing MLG but god ****

Player-1

Smash Legend
I gotta say, Infractions are really needed in here right now. MLG puts us on THEIR circuit, and you respond like this? Go cry to EVO and play with smash balls, this rule set is 100% competitive and yes it might be something out of the ordinary, but does that mean its awful? I don't think so. I understand why people are upset about the Wii Mote rule, and I can't say I disagree . . But maybe Razer ybm and P~S should PM JV? It can't hurt right?
Agreed, 100%

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Eh, the starters hurt IC's quite a bit. The CP's hurt them even worse. There is no way IC's will get SV BF or FD which are their best 3 stages in a 9 starter list. And without MK banned quite a bit of matches WILL be timed out. It's sad, really.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
The ledge grab rule is suppposed to stop plainking/ledge stalling and it will. But places like norfair are not ONLY used for that ledge stuff. You can run all day long and stuff.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
lol people gotta calm down

honestly as long as they fix the wiimote thing ill be good. I dont even use it but i think they should be allowed to

oh, and of course if team attack is on :laugh:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
And without MK banned quite a bit of matches WILL be timed out. It's sad, really.
if you are talking about aircamping, then i agree. but ledge wise, they really cant unless they save them ALL for the last minute of the match

gallax

Smash Hero
yeah i have no problem with any of the mlg rules. the only thing i want is for wiimotes to be allowed. there are many good players who use wiimotes and they should be given a chance at placing well just as anyone else who comes. i want everyone to be able to play in this.

please allow wiimotes.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
if you are talking about aircamping, then i agree. but ledge wise, they really cant unless they save them ALL for the last minute of the match
Yeah, I was talking about airplanking. Lylat, Delfino, Picto, Green Greens, Norfair, etc. MK will **** every single person on those stages with airplanking and camping.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
No, the new stage list is one of the best things to happen. More characters will be viable with the more diverse stages.
I have no problem myself with which stages are included, but Halberd and Delfino DEFINITELY need to be CPs instead of starters (and I'd say Castle Seige, but it's not as bad as Delfino/Halberd).
The starter list isn't a big deal. We have a lot of strikes so it neutralizes it.
Okay so I propose this starter list:
Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Seeded player gets 7 strikes, the other one gets 8 strikes.

So what if Green Greens is a starter, we have enough strikes to neutralize it.

Just because you have the opportunity to strike it does NOT mean that it should be a starter.

Oh and the Wiichuck rule is terrible, just saying.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Hey cool wiimotes are banned even though like 97% of the people going to this use GC controllers. Thank a lot MLG. I PM'd MLG top people to even just say if it would or wouldn't be legal but they gave back vague answers. I bought my plane ticket because prices sky rocket out of Houston and it would be impossible to go afterwards. I'm upset because I am trying to cancel my plane ticket but I'm still getting ****ed either way. I will only get the money back in credit and it would cost 150 just to use it. I probably won't attend any of these anymore. The wiimote is first party and like YBM said....THIS IS A GAME FOR THE WII. Do they know GC controllers arn't made anymore? That its hard to get it or only get it from play asia? This is stupid and dumb.

/rant.

Maybe I should of waited till the ruleset was up but hey, I don't wanna pay 400+ just to go to this kind of thing with these rules. Until they fix this. BB MLG.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Wait, do players take turns striking, or strike all at once?
I'm pretty sure all at once, then after they strike the stages and decide the first stage they play on, they get to decide what stage they ban before even playing...

Really stupid.

I was excited for MLG, but after looking at this bull **** ruleset...

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Strike all at once

Higher seed strikes 3 stages
Lower seed strikes 4
Higher seed strikes 1 (Basically chooses the match)

Also, we can ban one level after the strikes are made but before the 1st match is played.

This isn't bad. On the large stage of MLG, people will be using their mains in the first round. This will lead to you knowing their mains, so you can either ban based on your bad levels or based on their main's good levels. If you get screwed over because they have a secondary, that is your fault. In Melee for a LONG time banning was done before the first match (at least at tournaments I went to) and they all ran smoothly. Nothing is bad with this system.

Are CP's really that big of a deal? Assuming a 2/3, even if the EC list was adopted, MK (A character who I assume is the main focal point for *****ing about unfairness) has more than 1 CP, thus giving the set a high % chance of auto-win if he wins the first match. Guess what?

DON'T LET HIM WIN THE FIRST MATCH

The starter stages will make the first match pretty even. IF you win, you lose on his CP (RC, Norfair, Brinstar...whatever). Then you have a CP. You have Green Greens, FD, and pictochat, which are all meh MK stages. You have the same thing. Adding green greens hurt MK, just like adding Norfair helped him. Please don't go ballistic when half of the people complaining have NEVER played on the stages outside of casuals with items on.

If you do not wish to attend MLG events because of the rules, so be it. If you already bought your plane ticket...that sucks and I feel bad. However, just don't go to the next one. MLG has enough people that would be willing to go that they won't really lose anything if some people don't go because they are too ignorant to actually play on the stages. Seriously people, it isn't that bad.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
player-1 you said it their fault wtf dude lolz

oh wells its no biggie razer is getting his ticket back

Esam I understand what you are saying for the stagelist but there are reasons the EC is a little more conservative and as a non-mk mainer I have my reasons as a top level TO for removing stages that are

- WAY too big and can promote camping
- have glitches ( green greens ) that can be emulated
- can have random factors that remove the idea of skill as the #1 factor for winning.

that is just my view as a fighting game player and halo player for years.

so while I think it is a good change I do see your view a little bias as a pro-ban supporter

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
I've been getting a couple of people asking me, "You got 3 weeks to practice with the GC controller. Just use that?". No, I shouldn't have to and even still, 3 weeks practice with it will not out due 2+ YEARS of practice with the wiimote. I shouldn't have to be forced to use a controller that is not even being made anymore for a WII GAME. I can see why they would ban it because it COULD mess up things but they should of thought of that before they even accepted a WII game in the circuit.

Top players affected by this are probably the top 4 who use it. Me, Logic, YBM and Tearbear. They lost top 2 player in TX. Lost an EC player. Lost a MW player and lost a WC player if they don't fix this. I know I won't do nearly as well if I even attempt the GC controller. Guess I'll be using this for the Airship or Apex or something.

Got it confirmed. If I cancel my flight I'm going to be losing 150 dollars no matter what. Extremely disappointing...

nevershootme

Smash Master
clearly there needs clearer details on their rule page. before more random people asking about it on either forum

as for the wii-mote issue, wii-mote syncing is not as severe as PS3 syncing, you just press the sync button and wii console sync button. and you know wii-mote (chuk, CC) users are responsible to remove their batteries after every game.

RichBrown

Smash Master
There are very few people in here that like the stage list.

Instead of saying "L2PLAY," why not accommodate the community instead of doing what you want? It feels very selfish. Who is in charge of the rules, or who is the group of people in charge of the rules? You guys really need to listen to what the community is asking. I saw this on the MLG boards:

"First off let me say that this is the first event for Brawl on the circuit, there's going to be a ridiculous amount of changes to the rule set after Orlando."

Why are there going to be rule changes? Because the rules are flawed? So why not switch them now before this gets out of hand? The vast majority of the community is obvious unhappy. Please, MLG, you must recognize that when it comes to your rules, it's better to make the community happy than yourselves happy.

Also, I doubt there's gonna be more than 10 wii-chuk players, there, is it really that big an issue?

Player-1

Smash Legend
player-1 you said it their fault wtf dude lolz

oh wells its no biggie razer is getting his ticket back

Esam I understand what you are saying for the stagelist but there are reasons the EC is a little more conservative and as a non-mk mainer I have my reasons as a top level TO for removing stages that are

- WAY too big and can promote camping
- have glitches ( green greens ) that can be emulated
- can have random factors that remove the idea of skill as the #1 factor for winning.

that is just my view as a fighting game player and halo player for years.

so while I think it is a good change I do see your view a little bias as a pro-ban supporter
maybe you should take the time and READ my post, I shouldn't have to go back and quote my messages that you should have read if you were still going to continue going on about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom