• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Orlando 2010 - April 16-18th ($7,000) - RESULTS THREAD IS UP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Rich it is a sad thing to say but MLG rather throw things at a wall and see what sticks to them. They want their OWN rules not rules we made...they want stuff that they can call their own. Im sure it can be debated but MLG is very control oriented and goes a long way to getting things their way and to make sure you know its MLG.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
NAH SON NAHH REAL TALK TIME.

We going up in this tourny and we doin it like crack. We playing based on the Genesis ruleset on the low.

MLG aint gotta know.

Razer using his WiiMote and Nunchuck inside his shirt.

We using the 5 NEUTRALS.

And yeah..... WE TAKING OVA.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
People need to know what a - means in the middle of two words.

No spring controllers are allowed
Controllers that have controllers are NOT allowed

No-spring controllers are allowed
Controllers that are No-spring are allowed.

Please people....

RichBrown

Smash Master
GAH, CONTROLLERS WITHOUT SPRINGS IN THEM ARE ALLOWED, yOU ALL ARE ********, LEARN TO READ

We are gonna get this changed guys.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
well sadly...spammer is not around to push those limits...but we have a sexy chubby tall giant of an asian like you dphat...go and win for us all

remember...when you lose..CP nofair and runnnnnnnn

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL | 1v1
RULES & SETTINGS
General Rules

Players may not use a controller with Turbo capabilities or Wireless capabilities. Controllers with Turbo capabilities allow Players to map a button sequence to the Turbo button. Pressing that button results in their Character performing a set of actions that would normally require the Player to press multiple buttons.

Does this mean that wiimotes an nunchuks are banned from mlg? I know a good hand ful of players that will be screwed over if im reading this right...

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
uh KG we have been talking about that for a while...

Razer already said he is not coming now cause of this and Xyro is being..uh Xyro

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
man...you will get all the women...oh wait mlg girls are underage or just OC chicks...ewwwwwwww

ANTi_

Smash Hero
There are girls @ these MLG events???

Might be ugly anyway nothing to get gassed about.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Also, I doubt there's gonna be more than 10 wii-chuk players, there, is it really that big an issue?

when some of those people have a very good chance of placing very highly at this event I have to say that the answer to that question is yes.

EDIT my bad alex, i didnt read before posting....

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
There are girls @ these MLG events???

Might be ugly anyway nothing to get gassed about.
some of the halo girls are OK

and i mean that as a STRETCH...

Anti imo they are all like 5s out of 10s

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
This ruleset...is disturbing...

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Before I cancel anything I need to here back from MLG... I contacted them on there site...

I'm sure that they are viewing these post.. But don't have a Solid answer.

The only reason I would learn the GC controller is because I don't wanna leave my partner hanging...

But as Razor Said, it'll be mighty troublesome to learn how to use something in 3 weeks when i was using something else for 2+ years.....

Trela

Smash Lord
*sigh*

I am not coming anymore.

I WAS going to save my money from my future job. One of the main reasons for me making this decision is that my best friends are not even going anymore. It's not the "ultimate experience" without them...

nevershootme

Smash Master
Before I cancel anything I need to here back from MLG... I contacted them on there site...

The only reason I would learn the GC controller is because I don't wanna leave my partner hanging...

But as Razor Said, it'll be mighty troublesome to learn how to use something in 3 weeks when i was using something else for 2+ years.....
they probably won't answer all questions until the morning since it's business hours

Solid Jake

The Arcanum

Good choice, sir.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I'm winning this **** lmao GL LOL
LOL my man is WAY too pro with apples on green greens... this is over before it's started :laugh:

As for the Wii Remote situation... here's how we resolve it.

WII REMOTE IS ALLOWED, BUT INTERFERENCE IS POSSIBLE. BY USING A WIRELESS CONTROLLER, YOU ACCEPT THAT RANDOM BS COULD HAPPEN TO YOU IN THE MIDDLE OF THE MATCH AND YOU CAN'T WHINE TO MLG ABOUT IT. NO RESETING OR PAUSING.

It sucks for guys like Razor and YBM, but if what AZ said about all the bluetooth interference is true, then it's the best you can get. It's either:

1) Wireless controllers are banned.
2) Wireless controllers are allowed, but you're going to have to possibly play through interference.

Pick your poison.

or, just use the gamecube controller and play mk. seriously, 3 weeks is PLENTY for picking up MK with the GC controller :laugh:

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
typo, i meant why are they lol

imo it falls under controller mods
because there are no light shields in brawl
so the springs function in mocking pressure sensitivity (if that's right, since the L and R triggers use some sliding thing) like in melee for light shielding would not be needed as you must press down all the way to shield/PShield

i unno i'm not gonna remove mine anyway

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
if i was a part of mlg i'd be that one guy who is in charge of this one department that doesn't exist

i'd be the one taking wiimotes and syncing them up for the players

i mean

they should do that

stingers

Smash Obsessed
lol @ razer. its obvious why your mad (anyone would be, hell i am mad for you because its bs that your controller is banned), but you never know, they might always change the rule considering the tournament is a month away and all. plus, even if you were forced to use the gc controller, it would've been better for you to have just gone anyway and enjoyed the experience, rather than throwing $150 away for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom