• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Columbus 2010 Results - Full Singles & Doubles Results NOW UP!

Gnes

Smash Master
I hope me vs boss/tearbear was recorded. Was good matches ya know.

Also...me and biglou just realized we were wearing the exact same pants. ****.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Than on BF? I didn't see GF at MLG, was it really that bad?
I'm talking about watching him at multiple tournaments. He's had trouble on Battlefield since waaaay back in the day.

Now, he's still not BAD on the stage or anything. It's just he has a lot of close matches and losses on that stage. San has beaten him twice there now, Nick Riddle beat him once, I dunno what else off the top of my head recently.

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
I hope me vs boss/tearbear was recorded. Was good matches ya know.

Also...me and biglou just realized we were wearing the exact same pants. ****.
Lol how is that ****?!
I hate when I see people wearing the same shirt/pants/shoes I have at tourneys! Swagger jacking all day yo

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Gnes you got that shirt you were wearing at forever 21 right? Lol

Sharky

Smash Master
This was a fun tournament. I have no shoutouts, I wrote a main page article for MLG instead.

Seibrik, send me your address.

Everyone that goes to MLG events: stop losing to Shakey. His Ness isn't anything super special, he's just a really good player playing Ness well. It's still Ness.

Dojo: Stop jumping and dairing at Ness when he's recovering. just fall and dair to gimp him. It works every time and he has nothing that can stop you except an air dodge, which is suicide for him.

Hell, that goes for everyone. I saw Shakey get out of easy gimp situations like a billion times and it made my blood pop out of my ear drums and I totally covered some kid to my right in blood. Just fall into Ness when he's giong to use his second jump and hit him with a move. He's so freaking floaty if he air dodges when he jumps, he's still vulnerable before he hits the ground. It's the easiest thing in the world and everyone treated him like he was a bomb that could explode people with his mind. that's only in the earthbound games. In Brawl he sucks.
this is how our region felt about any top player that lost to Esam. It was pretty painful to see these guys play so stupid. >.>

edit: to add to this, K.I.D. Goggles beat esam 3-0 in a MM at the hotel.

Damage Points

Smash Ace
@whoever made fun of someone for losing to Kadaj

Kadaj is easily one of the better brawl players I've seen. He's been coming to NC tourneys this summer and whenever I watch him he just plays on another level. So he's not some random unranked player. Dude is so ****ing good.

Xionix

Smash Journeyman
i always thought Gnes was asian due to his avatar and sig. when i saw im in person, i was like... oh, thats typical. but good **** placing how you did. i learned some things watching you.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
San was the highest placer from tristate area....
Ike is cool

Except that Rochester isnt really anywhere near the tristate area...
Regardless, people losing to bad characters isn't suprising, because the vast, vast majority of this community fails at applying basic fighting game principles or developing thoughtful playstyles.
I have to agree with this.
they've possibly never fought san either, nor bothered to watch him play.

I watched alot of his matches, its like poetry the way he spaces everything he does. <3333 i love the guy and his ike
dont john for people Ashley, they can obviously come up with their own just fine.
I think what was happening was, in their minds, everyone was like "it's just ike" and they didn't take it as seriously, and San destroyed them. A camping Olimar shouldn't lose to Ike, I can't see how its possible, but Rich Brown lost to him. Or San could just be that good. Heh.
So there this thing ike has called dash attack.

It kinda moves him halfway across any stage at Sonic speed.

its really good against most of the camping options that "destroy ike"

also, they gave him this thing called back throw to dash attack thats guaranteed in any matchup that is bad for ike, like olimar and falco, characters that coincidentally have less than stellar recoveries.

1. San makes some INCREDIBLE reads in these matches of his.

2. People also seem to forget that Ike's slow moves CAN be really useful for out-hitbox-lasting Airdodges and spot dodges.

3. San is really JUST that good.
1. From personal experience, I can tell you that when you get hit by ikes f smash, it means youre scared of the character/player. and scared opponents= easy reads.

2. thats true.

3. Its like a conversation I had with Sky
Me: So what are your boys back home gonna say when you have to tell them you lost to ike.
Sky: Well, theyre gonna say, "Wow, youre terrible.", "Quit life, Youre so bad.", and "an Ike? Really?" And than I'm gonna have to say, "but its SAN" and theyre just not going to understand... You dont understand how it is until you play him and he ***** you.

reasonable john.
sorry brah, but theres no such thing.
My name is K.I.D.Goggles and I approve of this message.
This was a fun tournament. I have no shoutouts, I wrote a main page article for MLG instead.
link?
Everyone that goes to MLG events: stop losing to Shakey. His Ness isn't anything super special, he's just a really good player playing Ness well. It's still Ness.

Dojo: Stop jumping and dairing at Ness when he's recovering. just fall and dair to gimp him. It works every time and he has nothing that can stop you except an air dodge, which is suicide for him.

Hell, that goes for everyone. I saw Shakey get out of easy gimp situations like a billion times and it made my blood pop out of my ear drums and I totally covered some kid to my right in blood. Just fall into Ness when he's giong to use his second jump and hit him with a move. He's so freaking floaty if he air dodges when he jumps, he's still vulnerable before he hits the ground. It's the easiest thing in the world and everyone treated him like he was a bomb that could explode people with his mind. that's only in the earthbound games. In Brawl he sucks.
Yo not that I play brawl or anything, or give two ****s about its scene, but JESUS overswarm, Let the ****ing Ness main have his time in the sun, god****.
for the record, I think more people should be taking overswarm seriously, I mean, everyone just talks about how much san and shaky are improving their characters metagames... But in order for that to truly be true they should be tested by fire. I think overswarm is doing more for the community by explaining how to beat such simple strats than shaky is by abusing them to beat people who dont know what to do about it. if more people know what to do, than shaky will be forced to get better and avoid these things, which is what TRULY progresses the metagame.
Lol at calling krystedez a random, M@v.

I know he's not at that level but he just won an Ohio tournament a few weeks ago beating Infern 2x and kel 2x among others. That =/ random. You're more random than him :(

not gonna lie, I kinda agree with this.

this is how our region felt about any top player that lost to Esam. It was pretty painful to see these guys play so stupid. >.>

edit: to add to this, K.I.D. Goggles beat esam 3-0 in a MM at the hotel.
yea, a lot of people, Tyrant being the biggest and worst example that i saw, dont know how to fight pikachu, ESPECIALLY with MK.

so let me break it down for you a little bit.

MKs, stop eating thunderjolts, they are easy to see coming and thus perfect shield.

if you knock pika away and hes coming back and shoots like 3 jolts at you, just nado, it destroys jolts with almost 0 effort.

Pikas verticle kill moves suck. when he hits you with them, DO NOT MOMENTUM CANCEL, IT GIVES HIM A FREE THUNDER KILL ON YOU!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TYRANT SDI UP OUT OF DOWN SMASH! WHEN WE FIRST FIGURED OUT SDI WAS IN BRAWL THE FIRST THING WE DID WITH IT WAS "HEY LOOK! YOU CAN GET OUT OF PIKACHUS DOWN SMASH MADD EASY NOW!"

you can pretty much tornado anything pika does aside from thunder and sometimes down smash. its ***** pika because sometimes it only does like 5% yea, but its a **** setup for the rest of MKs attacks. you **** his approach with it, and than you grab him after he tries to airdodge into the ground or you fair/ f tilt/ d tilt if he tries to hit you out of the hitstun. thats what Tearbear did, and look, he beat Esam and pikapika.

If pikachu is camping the ledge against you, JUST WALK AWAY. if you try to take him off the ledge, hes just going to jolt/fair/ up air you, and than QA back to the ledge. just walk away, and he has to come back on stage eventually, and than when you start ****** him again, and he wants to go back to the ledge for safety, just get there before him, and do some more damage.

and last but not least, dont let pikachu grab you at 0. its a terrible idea for jsut about every worthwhile character in the game.

can I get another box? I think we're gonna run out pretty quick here.
yea man, this ike placing 11th is about to run the salt factories out of business.

OverLade

Smash Hero
yea, a lot of people, Tyrant being the biggest and worst example that i saw, dont know how to fight pikachu, ESPECIALLY with MK.
Tyrant destroyed Esam at MLG Orlando.

Instead of johning for the best player on the west coast mabye you could give Esam props for adapting and beating him back. MK has an advantage in the matchup but you still have to factor that even the best players still have habits that can be read, and exploited unless they adapt. Esam clearly just went harder this time around and Tyrant wasn't ready for it.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
You gotta remember Halberd. For some reason, when a top player loses, it's always because he plays bad, never because he got outplayed. There's no such thing as adapting to playstyles or just getting better.

/sarcasm

boss8

Smash Hero
A yo i had alot of fun seing new faces and jus chillin like a boss...shoutouts....

meep:thanks for even driving in the first place...your a monster for staying up so long O_O
goggles kid:a yo legit sonic...rocked my GaW...lol..thanks for the housing...ur mad chill
Mekos:you stormed off right after we lost in teams? why did u leave so fast??
lie:why **** around?? its MLG not a local lol
sin:this dude....takin PA's money is to goodz
fury: yo you got good mad fast WTF O_O
smurf: MARIO-2 SMAURF-0 hahahaha
nasty:work on your spacing and using the fact that lucas has a broken Ftilt and pivot grab
pika pika:mad fun..matches
sharky:yo give it up for jack black...HAHAHA
MikeHaze: OOK???
havok:aye man stop calling me bobaback or watever...
deez:you shoulda just chilled with us
logic:give it a month or 2 im sure the gamecube controller will kick in
BIGLOU:next time i see you imma help you with ur MK problem...-_^b
Gnes:best diddy....who da **** is ADHD??
Ally:i still want my hurger canadian
M2K:Beep Beep Beep..im sure you can understand that you robot...LOL
to everyone i MM'ed: step it up....its mario...he sucks...
to all iceclimbers mains:i slay you all O_O
MX:sick yoshi WTF...i was worried O_o
jash:man u drunk little chimp...stop losin to MK (unless its jason)
keitaro:lol yo keep it in ya pants ma dude..
will DK:you and ook are probly the best ones out right now...
cheeese:thanks for the controller -_^b
tyrant:ummmm haircut??
kirin:yo good **** ma dude
Y.B.M:i can see how hard it is to transfer from a wiimote to gamecube
vinnie:im stealin your ****....xD
kain:best wolf??
richbrown:a yo GG's ill play you next time around
SAN: i got three stocked....by an ike O_O

to anyone i missed.....you'll be in the edits...xD

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
It looks like the seeding was alphabetical... poor YbM :(... Fun tournament, shoutouts later O:

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Yo how come none of you gamers tried to **** one of those MLG girls yet? rofl

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Tyrant destroyed Esam at MLG Orlando.

Instead of johning for the best player on the west coast mabye you could give Esam props for adapting and beating him back. MK has an advantage in the matchup but you still have to factor that even the best players still have habits that can be read, and exploited unless they adapt. Esam clearly just went harder this time around and Tyrant wasn't ready for it.
I... don't see how him pointing out horrible decisions that people make in a matchup and giving a few pointers is johning.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Its in the "Your Experience at MLG" thread that AZ made...

Also,
Yo how come none of you gamers tried to **** one of those MLG girls yet? rofl
OS, whats the link to your blog?
because when this ^^^ chick shows up to your tourney, you dont need to waste your time with paid spokeswomen... easily the most attractive girl I talked to all weekend. lol

Top Bottom