• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Championship: Dallas 2010 - November 5th-7th - $35,000 in prizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Neal and Cheese will not demote me over deleting a blog Wyatt didn't care about that only had a handful of comments in it. It's too insignificant.
Trying to down play your power abuse doesn't negate it, unless you had permission from ADHD you had no right, period.
I will not stand for players bashing MLG in this situation, claiming they treat us poorly? If you go to a MLG event at look around the smash area is bar far the dirtiest. Players constantly leave bags of chips and soda scattered throughout the venue and really showing no respect at all. MLG gave our community something great, great publicity to welcome new players, cash prizes, stipends for top players, and even tried to get us a pro quality stream.

I'm not saying that this decision is right or wrong because I do not know, maybe they have something that we don't? I can't see them banning players for the hell of it.

But god ****, I get beyond angry when people bash a company that we BEGGED to pick us up for 2 years!
100% agreed, MLG has been amazing yo.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
"mom look one of the two players that always beats me isnt going so i can go and win 12.5

you owe me for taking me home from cot4

hook me up"

~Anti

ADHD

Smash Hero
ADHD does this because he understands that Jason largely relies off money from Smash to maintain his livelyhood, unlike ADHD, who is a dependent and lives under the shelter of his parents, and does not need the money.
Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes...

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Man Inui, you keep getting power then doing something stupid to have it taken away very quickly.
"mom look one of the two players that always beats me isnt going so i can go and win 12.5

you owe me for taking me home from cot4

hook me up"

~Anti
lmao!! Go Anti!!

As for not giving them their DC money, I feel I can understand why they would do that, since the problem occured during the MLG DC event, but that would suck.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I may be wrong, but I think MLG probably made their decision off the basis of 3rd party information and miscommunication.

Before the tournament even began I clearly remember Jason saying that if he ever had to face Wyatt he would lose. Period. No ifs, ands, or buts. So it doesn't make sense for Jason to meet Wyatt and then "forfeit" a match he practically had no hope for originally.

Definitely don't think this is as sinister as people are making it out to be. Just Jason asking for a part of Wyatt's 1st place prize money since Jason has been giving Wyatt a part of his own after previous tournaments.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I will not stand for players bashing MLG in any situation, claiming they treat us poorly? If you go to a MLG event at look around the smash area is bar far the dirtiest. Players constantly leave bags of chips and soda scattered throughout the venue and really showing no respect at all. MLG gave our community something great, great publicity to welcome new players, cash prizes, stipends for top players, and even tried to get us a pro quality stream.

I'm not saying that this decision is right or wrong because I do not know, maybe they have something that we don't? I can't see them banning players for the hell of it.

But god ****, I get beyond angry when people bash a company that we BEGGED to pick us up for 2 years!
There's always going to be haters, no matter what. No matter how good we get treated by someone or a group of people there's always gonna be the one little **** that *****es and moans. It's not worth it to get worked up or mad at them. Just ignore it ^_^

My mom is looking @ tickets since i told her what happened.

But i broke it down in non-smasher terms.

lol
Lmao I laughed because I know how this goes

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Currently, your team is seeded #18.

~MLG Team Builder

So like who would i be playing if i went?

Edit : P4, this is serious **** *****.

$12,500. Who the **** would troll for that type of money

If i can go i can go, if i cant i cant.

that simple.

Prawn

Smash Master
I will not stand for players bashing MLG in any situation, claiming they treat us poorly? If you go to a MLG event at look around the smash area is bar far the dirtiest. Players constantly leave bags of chips and soda scattered throughout the venue and really showing no respect at all. MLG gave our community something great, great publicity to welcome new players, cash prizes, stipends for top players, and even tried to get us a pro quality stream.

Who begged them? A bunch of top players that wanted money? People who wanted to referee the event?

Am I saying that I haven't heard amazing things about MLG events? No.

What I'm saying is that from day 1 its been bull**** on top of bull****.

-Laggy TVs - oh but everyone forgets about it cause the lag is small. I've heard from some that there is no lag and others that there is 100% definite lag and I trust people who say both of these things. Not only does the actual laggy tvs piss me off, but the unwillingness of any of MLGs top paid researchers to look into brawl and see that we use CRTs etc. And then when confronted just telling us "well thats too bad we gotta look good"

- Dumb as **** stagelist

- Dumb ruleset - oh u paused during a set better get @ dem full DQs.

- Tried to get a pro quality stream? but they didnt so we're stuck looking at ****ing text updates that suck ***. we didnt even ****ing find out that anti and nairo beat ally and m2k until hours after it happened. Tried to get a pro quality stream? Well I tried to like MLG but looks like we both failed

- Holding another 2011 season over our heads like ****ing dogs so they can squeak out that extra 20-30 people in attendance and cap? **** that, we should have had a guaranteed two or three seasons at least from the get go instead of treating us like dogs waving meat in our faces

- Conducting an "official" investigation, which was somehow an official investigation even though M2K AND ADHD AND APPARENTLY THE REST OF THE SMASH COMMUNITY WERE COMPLETELY IN THE DARK ABOUT IT UNTIL THE RULING WAS MADE. Real ****ing official MLG. REAL ****ING OFFICIAL

The list can go on and on.

I dont give a **** if the venues are nice as hell, I dont give a **** if you all get free doritos and dr. pepper. I am in general against big *** corporations and especially against this monster prodding us around like ****ing animals when we can still have amazing events like Apex 2(thank you alex strife you're my favorite person ever) which included MELEE, INTERNATIONAL PLAYERS, A LIVESTREAM w/ COMMENTARY, CREW BATTLES, SIDE EVENTS, RECORDED MATCHES, ALL FOR AN INCREDIBLY LOW PRICE IF YOU BOUGHT YOUR TICKET EARLY, AND STILL LOWER THAN MLG IF YOU BOUGHT IT THE MORNING OF APEX 2 (like me lololol).

Again this is nothing against you Jake, and I'll probably get infracted but

**** mlg, pound v and apex 3 for the mother****ing win

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
*Pound* 5 is gonna be hella legit though. Regardless of the outcome of MLG. You just wait.

What national has had buy in tournaments for the eliminated pools players? None.

See you there :p

CY

Smash Ace
that's seriously ****ed up if they don't get their D.C. money. and from what i've heard it seems like they did nothing wrong, MLG can't control how the players use their money.

bs imo. ADHD and M2K for Dallas 2010!

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
I think the lesson to be learned after this whole week of smash drama is

DONT ****ING SPLIT ANYMORE AT BIG TOURNEYS

or at least dont make it public

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I think the lesson to be learned after this whole week of smash drama is

DONT ****ING SPLIT ANYMORE AT BIG TOURNEYS

or at least dont make it public
My god.
This is the smartest thing that's been said in the entire thread.

CY

Smash Ace
http://www.mlgpro.com/pro-circuit/20.../conduct-rules

10. No intentional Forfeiting or conspiring to manipulate Rankings or Brackets.

rule 10 was broke on multiple levels. Its time to pay the piper
m2k didn't intentionally lose though so...

and also to point out what Inui said earlier, if M2K can't attend Dallas think about how bad that will effect him. His income is from smash and this is the biggest payout ever. He seriously might self-harm himself. Seriously, banning him is wayyyyyyyy too harsh.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I don't want to say anything bad about M2K but my fear of him harming himself or losing his sanity is 100% legit. I've been a good friend of his since I met him in January 2006. We go way back, much further back than he does with other players, and I've spent a lot of time with him outside of this game. I'm very worried.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

and also to point out what Inui said earlier, if M2K can't attend Dallas think about how bad that will effect him? His income is from smash and this is the biggest payout ever. He seriously might self-harm himself. Seriously, banning him is wayyyyyyyy too harsh.
So we should unban him cause he has a mental problem and will hurt himself? No. You dont cater to mentals, you get them help. He AND adhd cheat(they broke rule 10) and should/did get punished. Good **** mlg.

Keitaro

@ ADHD: That rule is honestly so general it would be hard to fight it, especially after a big corporation like MLG already made its decision.

and also to point out what Inui said earlier, if M2K can't attend Dallas think about how bad that will effect him. His income is from smash and this is the biggest payout ever. He seriously might self-harm himself. Seriously, banning him is wayyyyyyyy too harsh.
Yeah its sad, but I know MLG doesn't give a **** about any of that.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
So we should unban him cause he has a mental problem and will hurt himself? No. You dont cater to mentals, you get them help. He AND adhd cheat(they broke rule 10) and should/did get punished. Good **** mlg.
how did m2k break rule 10 and cheat if the split was asked AFTER the tourney set?

Are you afraid to answer and be embarassed by everyone here?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Why does M2K let everything ride on competitive video games?
Seriously, it's one of the worse occupations I've ever known of in terms of financial stability.

Keitaro

how did m2k break rule 10 and cheat if the split was asked AFTER the tourney set?

Are you afraid to answer and be embarassed by everyone here?
From what Alex Strife posted it looks as if the split was decided before the set started.

Which one was it?

Edit: Yeah they agreed to split before the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom