• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Championship: Dallas 2010 - November 5th-7th - $35,000 in prizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I don't really think ADHD should lose the 2,500 from DC. He won that event and if they wanted to inflict a rule there they should've done so then. They can only really punish going forward if they are being fair.

I really don't think ADHD intentionally forfeited, just Mew2King. He was asked.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Well then its a game of his word vs theirs

Wyatt said it was after the set happened he would give m2k some of his winnings, but the thing is M2k at that point was already OUT of the tournament so I don't think it mattered at that point. You can't manipulate something that has already taken place

Albert.

Smash Master
I bet that MLG can just legally fvck anybody out of their winnings by using some bull**** "you didn't comply with all of our rules, so you can just die" clause

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 49 (37 members and 12 guests)
Albert., Inui, KageMurphy, Hylian, Solid Jake, -ANTi-, Hyro, crismas, greatness_007, Alex Strife, _Kadaj_, dede_495, EnigmaticCam, zer0., Illmatic., vVv ChiboSempai, Count, Poltergust, Raziek, CpE_Wahoo, warrenb, ZombieSwarm, ~Pink Fresh~, SilverDoc~, Pierce7d, the king of murder, TheJerm, Player-4, Master Raven, Fat_K, ChibixD

TOOO GOOOOD

ADHD

Smash Hero
Well then its a game of his word vs theirs

Wyatt said it was after the set happened he would give m2k some of his winnings, but the thing is M2k at that point was already OUT of the tournament so I don't think it mattered at that point. You can't manipulate something that has already taken place
Word, I'll add this to my argument, thanks.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
What's the difference between playing a match out and forfeitting?

Is there a rule banning forfeits?

Who's to say M2K forfeitting against ADHD, is the same as Illmatic forfeitting against xXxNaruto321xXx?

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 49 (38 members and 11 guests)
-ANTi-, _Kadaj_+, Hylian, Alex Strife, CpE_Wahoo, NickRiddle, Twilight Prince, Count, Raziek, SilverDoc~+, Master Raven+, Illmatic., Hyro, Solid Jake, Albert., Poltergust, Prawn, warrenb, ShadwPhoenx, ardirok, JustinKamikaze, greatness_007, Pierce7d+, zer0., ChibixD, dede_495, EnigmaticCam, vVv ChiboSempai, ZombieSwarm, ~Pink Fresh~, TheJerm, Player-4, Fat_K

Btw **** you Kadaj hater.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Wow, this has been a rather interesting week. First that drama in the Las Vegas tournament and now this? There seems to be drama everywhere these days.

I hope that this doesn't put us in an unfavorable light in MLG's eyes, but if this controversy is involving two top Smash players I doubt they'll just bat an eye.

Oh, and Inui? Wrong character for defense lol.

:069:

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Give Inui the chance to be an attorney/prosecutor and everything goes to ****! =P

Anyway, Wyatt's explanation makes sense. I wonder how much information MLG used as direct information from Jason/Wyatt when making their decision.

Was there any proof that Jason purposely forfeited Wyatt, or is all of this just accusations/rumors?

@Chibo: I'm clearly Phoenix Wright.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
MLG obviously has LIMITED knowledge of the brawl community.

Why the **** would ADHD pay m2k to forfeit? Am I the only one who thinks this sounds absolutely ridiculous? LOL

ADHD

Smash Hero
Give Inui the chance to be an attorney/prosecutor and everything goes to ****! =P

Anyway, Wyatt's explanation makes sense. I wonder how much information MLG used as direct information from Jason/Wyatt when making their decision.

Was there any proof that Jason purposely forfeited Wyatt, or is all of this just accusations/rumors?

@Chibo: I'm clearly Phoenix Wright.
This is the first I am responding to the subject.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 49 (38 members and 11 guests)
-ANTi-, _Kadaj_+, Hylian, Alex Strife, CpE_Wahoo, NickRiddle, Twilight Prince, Count, Raziek, SilverDoc~+, Master Raven+, Illmatic., Hyro, Solid Jake, Albert., Poltergust, Prawn, warrenb, ShadwPhoenx, ardirok, JustinKamikaze, greatness_007, Pierce7d+, zer0., ChibixD, dede_495, EnigmaticCam, vVv ChiboSempai, ZombieSwarm, ~Pink Fresh~, TheJerm, Player-4, Fat_K

Btw **** you Kadaj hater.
How am I a hater? :(

You know I was joking about the Mikehaze thing *** lol

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
It didn't happen over night so I would assume they have something solid to back this, it's not like MLG is going to go out of their way to ban top players.

But man... what a situation this is..

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
you know I can still find the blog in the database inui why would you delete it. Now you will be demodded off AIB if you cared lol

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Enough.

First off, we are not going to try and resolve this situation by roundabouts and arguments. EVEN if ADHD were to edit his post, staff can view your original post and any edits. Only Administrators have the power to hard delete posts, and only JV (who is not supposed to) has the authority to hard delete posts. That being said, I'm glad ADHD brought his full side of the story out in public, and tried to resolve this civilly.

Now, from what ADHD has posted and told me personally, he offered M2k 300 dollars. However, this is obviously NOT to get M2k to throw the match, because ADHD would typically defeat M2k on any given day. M2k was both mentally unprepared from ADHD, and both players, as well as most parties present and not present had a reasonable understanding that ADHD was far and away the most likely victor of their set.

The reason money was offered to M2k was because at many underground tournaments when ADHD would not win, M2k would split with ADHD, and visa versa when ADHD doesn't win, usually due to being knocked out by Ally, I would assume. In return, ADHD would split with M2k. ADHD does this because he understands that Jason largely relies off money from Smash to maintain his livelyhood, unlike ADHD, who is a dependent and lives under the shelter of his parents, and does not need the money.

M2k did not so much forfeit as he "resigned to his inevitable defeat." If I recall correctly, M2k even took a game off ADHD. ADHD did not pay M2k to let him win, nor would he ever need to.

Now, I have not yet spoken to Jason regarding this topic, but I do know that Wyatt is willing to accept being banned from Dallas as penalty for giving M2k 300 dollars (however silly this may be). However, he would like to at least receive his money for legitimately defeating all of the opponents in his path at D.C., especially considering the fact that he flew to D.C. to do so.

Also, consider that M2k has long been a promoter of MLG, and competitive gaming in general. He has done a lot towards spreading word for this tournament, and trying as hard as possible to make sure that Smash and MLG are a success together. Receiving 300 dollars from ADHD because ADHD recognizes M2k's financial dependence on success in the circuit, as well as ADHD's acknowledgment of money given to him in the past seems far from a crime. I know both of these players personally, and to my knowledge, neither of them have EVER deliberately lost to the other in tournament. If Jason is going to be banned from Dallas, please let it not be for something as foolish as this.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Can they disprove an argument based of entirely words and rumors?

Of course people want me and mew2king out of the competition at the MLG finals.
The burden of proof isn't on them because they have all of the power to do whatever they want.
^^^

Oh, and Inui? Wrong character for defense lol.

:069:
Edgeworth has proven himself to be good at both.

Not my fault.

you know I can still find the blog in the database inui why would you delete it. Now you will be demodded off AIB if you cared lol
You have access to the database? Since when were you even staff, let alone an administrator?

Neal and Cheese will not demote me over deleting a blog Wyatt didn't care about that only had a handful of comments in it. It's too insignificant.

Lobos

Smash Master
Stop posting active users list you homos, **** people sure are misimformed about alot of things. Honestly posting on here isn't gonna get far, better off emailing/calling MLG directly.

Prawn

Smash Master
More like this is all ******** lol

points from a random scrub whos never been to mlg:

1) who cares if they drop us, we'll still have nationals, people will still play

2) who cares if they drop us when they treat our players like this

3) how can you make a rule against forfeiting? its redundant because anyone who wants to forfeit but cant because of the rules can just go ganondorf/whoever the **** else or even their main and just screw around.

4) guess we gotta ban lee martin then too since he went a bunch of random characters and pretty much forfeited to m2k

5) if adhd doesnt get his money even i will seriously chew MLG the **** out and support legal action, not only has ADHD been ****ed out of money in the past but in general doing this **** is unforgivable

6) **** MLG. they barely have done **** for anyone and we've been on their terms the whole time. everyone go and cap dallas and see if they give us the light of day again.

7) the vegas **** was funny imo

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
ADHD made a blog and it was removed saying he paid jason...why was it removed.
Jason admitted he split rofl, there is no gray line here guys
THE RULES CLEARLY STATE THAT: "No players may engage in 'intentional Forfeiting or conspiring to manipulate Rankings or Brackets,' with one of the possible penalties for such a violation being a competition ban."

Yet no such rule was broken by either me, or mew2king.

While I did offer to give him 300 dollars as a token as friendship because he had previously split with me when I was 2nd/3rd numerous tournaments in the past, it was not an intentional forfeit, rofl.

When I entered the ring (or stage if you must), Jason informed me that he was not playing well and he did not care of the result of the match. I said: "Alright, fine, let's just play it out."

So we did, and afterwards he asked me if I could split with him. I responded by saying "I'll give you 200-300 dollars, is that alright? I don't want a full split." Jason nodded and confirmed this was acceptable in agreement.

If the MLG staff prefers to respond with such a major punishment based on nothing but a silly game of telephone and rumors, so be it.

BUT PLEASE, DO NOT RELINQUISH WHAT I FULLY EARNED AT MLG DC. DO NOT TAKE AWAY THE 2,500, THAT'S ALL I ASK OF YOU. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

Also, if the 300 dollars is the reason why we are both being banned, I do not have the money at the moment. I can easily keep it all, as I'm sure Jason would still be content and agree with this decision.
Allegations without hard evidence (even if the evidence was recently "misplaced") and an explanation that the set was legitimate (regardless of any friendly gifts afterward) seems like more than enough doubt to make banning unreasonable.
Read the quotes above and below. there is evidence all around. do not defend adhd or m2k for their **** up

WOW!

INUI STOP!

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Knowing that Mew2King has read this, and hasn't posted here, I can only assume he's talking to MLG. That's pretty responsible IMO. Wyatt you should probably get a hold of alpha z or JV or Deimos and call them to explain whats up.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Does anyone have AZ or JV's phone number? I privately PM'd them with the fully story.

Edit: Inui, I'm not going to lie.

TP

Smash Master
Read the quotes above and below. there is evidence all around. do not defend adhd or m2k for their **** up
I said no HARD evidence. EVERYTHING is hearsay and can be denied/explained. If there was some PM where they agreed beforehand to do this, then that would be hard evidence. There's nothing of the sort.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
More like this is all ******** lol

points from a random scrub whos never been to mlg:

1) who cares if they drop us, we'll still have nationals, people will still play

2) who cares if they drop us when they treat our players like this

3) how can you make a rule against forfeiting? its redundant because anyone who wants to forfeit but cant because of the rules can just go ganondorf/whoever the **** else or even their main and just screw around.

4) guess we gotta ban lee martin then too since he went a bunch of random characters and pretty much forfeited to m2k

5) if adhd doesnt get his money even i will seriously chew MLG the **** out and support legal action, not only has ADHD been ****ed out of money in the past but in general doing this **** is unforgivable

6) **** MLG. they barely have done **** for anyone and we've been on their terms the whole time. everyone go and cap dallas and see if they give us the light of day again.

7) the vegas **** was funny imo
I will not stand for players bashing MLG in any situation, claiming they treat us poorly? If you go to a MLG event at look around the smash area is bar far the dirtiest. Players constantly leave bags of chips and soda scattered throughout the venue and really showing no respect at all. MLG gave our community something great, great publicity to welcome new players, cash prizes, stipends for top players, and even tried to get us a pro quality stream.

I'm not saying that this decision is right or wrong because I do not know, maybe they have something that we don't? I can't see them banning players for the hell of it.

But god ****, I get beyond angry when people bash a company that we BEGGED to pick us up for 2 years!

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Enough.

First off, we are not going to try and resolve this situation by roundabouts and arguments. EVEN if ADHD were to edit his post, staff can view your original post and any edits. Only Administrators have the power to hard delete posts, and only JV (who is not supposed to) has the authority to hard delete posts. That being said, I'm glad ADHD brought his full side of the story out in public, and tried to resolve this civilly.

Now, from what ADHD has posted and told me personally, he offered M2k 300 dollars. However, this is obviously NOT to get M2k to throw the match, because ADHD would typically defeat M2k on any given day. M2k was both mentally unprepared from ADHD, and both players, as well as most parties present and not present had a reasonable understanding that ADHD was far and away the most likely victor of their set.

The reason money was offered to M2k was because at many underground tournaments when ADHD would not win, M2k would split with ADHD, and visa versa when ADHD doesn't win, usually due to being knocked out by Ally, I would assume. In return, ADHD would split with M2k. ADHD does this because he understands that Jason largely relies off money from Smash to maintain his livelyhood, unlike ADHD, who is a dependent and lives under the shelter of his parents, and does not need the money.

M2k did not so much forfeit as he "resigned to his inevitable defeat." If I recall correctly, M2k even took a game off ADHD. ADHD did not pay M2k to let him win, nor would he ever need to.

Now, I have not yet spoken to Jason regarding this topic, but I do know that Wyatt is willing to accept being banned from Dallas as penalty for giving M2k 300 dollars (however silly this may be). However, he would like to at least receive his money for legitimately defeating all of the opponents in his path at D.C., especially considering the fact that he flew to D.C. to do so.

Also, consider that M2k has long been a promoter of MLG, and competitive gaming in general. He has done a lot towards spreading word for this tournament, and trying as hard as possible to make sure that Smash and MLG are a success together. Receiving 300 dollars from ADHD because ADHD recognizes M2k's financial dependence on success in the circuit, as well as ADHD's acknowledgment of money given to him in the past seems far from a crime. I know both of these players personally, and to my knowledge, neither of them have EVER deliberately lost to the other in tournament. If Jason is going to be banned from Dallas, please let it not be for something as foolish as this.
quoted so more people can see it :)

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Yeah stop being ******** *****s.

MLG did good for us.

ADHD and M2K just ****ed it up.

We're basically guaranteed going to get dropped.

So peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom