• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Championship: Dallas 2010 - November 5th-7th - $35,000 in prizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Mew2King might actually go insane or kill himself.

Sigh.

I'm 100% serious about that. Most of you don't know him nearly as well as I do. Out of every Brawl player, I've been friends with him the longest by far. >_>;

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I doubt he knows yet, or he'd be complaining in all caps publicly about it. Either that or he's on a plane right now finding out via someone texting him.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Conduct Rule #10:
No intentional Forfeiting or conspiring to manipulate Rankings or Brackets.

Penalty #6:
Players found breaking [conduct] Rules #6-13 may be subjected to further punishment such as a Temporary Ban from the MLG website, a Site Ban from the GameBattles website, the loss of Pro Player Benefits, a fine, and a Competition Ban from future Combine Competitions and/or Pro Circuit Competitions.

Official Announcement can be found here.

New Top 8 Seeds *UNOFFICIAL*

1. AllyOrNotAlly
2. ESAM
3. TyRaNt-WC
4. LeeMartin
5. NickRiddle
6. RichBrown
7. Atomsk92
8. FatalMatt
If I may . . .

Neither M2k nor ADHD violated the rule in question. While M2k did have to fight ADHD in losers finals, M2k not only traditionally loses to ADHD, but he was also playing extremely poorly (evident by losing an MLG event for the first time) while ADHD was playing rather well (evident by winning an MLG event for the first time. This greatly suggests that ADHD beat M2k by natural forces, and there is very little evidence to the contrary. It is widely public knowledge that ADHD often defeats M2k (in fact, I believe ADHD is the only player to 3-0 M2k in Brawl ever), and that M2k fairs poorly against Diddy Kong.

Now, there is of course, the issue of the rumor that M2k and ADHD decided to split the prize pot. However, I do not see any rulings or penalties listed for players deciding to split the actual winnings from the event between each other. Not only would it be fiendishly impossible for MLG to regulate what players do with their winnings after obtaining them, but deciding to split their winnings is certainly not equal to manipulating the bracket. Assuming Jason and Wyatt did indeed intend to split, I believe they would have done so regardless of placing first and third, or even second and third.

The splitting of the money would have to be done after the money is payed out, after the tournament is over. Furthermore, at the time when M2k fought ADHD, BOTH PLAYERS had already suffered losses against Grand Finalist Rich Brown. Considering that both of them were looking to enter into a set against him at a disadvantage, and previous losses, with ADHD's loss being the more immediate loss at the time of losers' finals, it is a far stretch, large assumption, and unfair conclusion to say that ADHD and M2k deliberately manipulated the bracket in any way.

In conclusion, I see no rules having been broken. No where is the decision to share the prize money won between any parties of players against the rules, and there is very little to no evidence at all that there was any bracket manipulation.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
If I may . . .

Neither M2k nor ADHD violated the rule in question. While M2k did have to fight ADHD in losers finals, M2k not only traditionally loses to ADHD, but he was also playing extremely poorly (evident by losing an MLG event for the first time) while ADHD was playing rather well (evident by winning an MLG event for the first time. This greatly suggests that ADHD beat M2k by natural forces, and there is very little evidence to the contrary. It is widely public knowledge that ADHD often defeats M2k (in fact, I believe ADHD is the only player to 3-0 M2k in Brawl ever), and that M2k fairs poorly against Diddy Kong.

Now, there is of course, the issue of the rumor that M2k and ADHD decided to split the prize pot. However, I do not see any rulings or penalties listed for players deciding to split the actual winnings from the event between each other. Not only would it be fiendishly impossible for MLG to regulate what players do with their winnings after obtaining them, but deciding to split their winnings is certainly not equal to manipulating the bracket. Assuming Jason and Wyatt did indeed intend to split, I believe they would have done so regardless of placing first and third, or even second and third.

The splitting of the money would have to be done after the money is payed out, after the tournament is over. Furthermore, at the time when M2k fought ADHD, BOTH PLAYERS had already suffered losses against Grand Finalist Rich Brown. Considering that both of them were looking to enter into a set against him at a disadvantage, and previous losses, with ADHD's loss being the more immediate loss at the time of losers' finals, it is a far stretch, large assumption, and unfair conclusion to say that ADHD and M2k deliberately manipulated the bracket in any way.

In conclusion, I see no rules having been broken. No where is the decision to share the prize money won between any parties of players against the rules, and there is very little to no evidence at all that there was any bracket manipulation.
omg I hope this saves M2K

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Also

KeyKun (1:26:11 PM): Hey M2K got banned from MLG Dallas lol, guess that's a lil revenge for you? Even if u had nothing to do with it lol.
ChiboSempai (1:27:59 PM): Nothing to do with it?
ChiboSempai (1:27:00 PM): I recorded the discussion they had in the car, I totally forgot about it till yesterday. Sent it to AZ last night. That's what he gets for not splitting with me.
ChiboSempai (1:27:02 PM): Shame Wyatt got put in the middle but oh well no one cares about me. Plus he never teamed with me so **** it lol.
KeyKun (1:28:11 PM): D:
It was funny though

Albert.

Smash Master
Inui I'd screen cap the blog, considering I have it open, but I don't want to because I'd prefer m2k being let back into MLG

at least into the open bracket, I mean cmon...

that way MLG saves face and they DONT screw jason over

They can say that the punishment was amended, he just loses his points or whatever

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
If I may . . .

Seems like Pierce knows the rules / regulations better than MLG themselves.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
We all know it was made though so it doesn't really matter if you deleted it Inui.
Huh? There's no proof, though. I didn't delete anything.

Only evidence that exists matters in this courtroom, no?

I believe I will join Pierce in stepping up to bat for M2K in any way I can.

Lobos

Smash Master
1.Seven 4v4 Crew Battles will be played. In 4v4 Crew Battles, one Player from each Team will play a Game against each other. The loser will be eliminated from that Crew Battle and the winner will take only their remaining Stock and play against the next Player from the other Team. This will continue until all Players on one Team have been eliminated.
2.The winner of a Coin Toss, called by AllyOrNotAlly, will be named the higher seeded Team. The lower seeded Team must choose three Crew Battles for which they will choose their Controller Port first. The higher seeded Team must choose their Controller Port first for the other four Crew Battles.
3.Players may request a Blind Pick of Characters for Round 1 of each Crew Battle. For Rounds 2-7 of each Crew Battle, the returning Player must keep the Character that they used in the previous Game while the new Player may choose to use any Character.
4.All Crew Battle Rosters must be unique. Players must be scheduled as a Crew Battle’s 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Player, for their Team, at least once and no more than twice.
5.MLG will work with the Players in order to construct their Crew Battle Rosters.

SSBB Game Types

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Pokémon Stadium
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Delfino Plaza

lol fatal.....lee martin pick TL :awesome:

ADHD

Smash Hero
Please let me resolve this if possible

THE RULES CLEARLY STATE THAT: "No players may engage in 'intentional Forfeiting or conspiring to manipulate Rankings or Brackets,' with one of the possible penalties for such a violation being a competition ban."

Yet no such rule was broken by either me, or mew2king.

While I did offer to give him 300 dollars as a token as friendship because he had previously split with me when I was 2nd/3rd numerous tournaments in the past, it was not an intentional forfeit, rofl.

When I entered the ring (or stage if you must), Jason informed me that he was not playing well and he did not care of the result of the match. I said: "Alright, fine, let's just play it out."

So we did, and afterwards he asked me if I could split with him. I responded by saying "I'll give you 200-300 dollars, is that alright? I don't want a full split." Jason nodded and confirmed this was acceptable in agreement.

If the MLG staff prefers to respond with such a major punishment based on nothing but a silly game of telephone and rumors, so be it.

BUT PLEASE, DO NOT RELINQUISH WHAT I FULLY EARNED AT MLG DC. DO NOT TAKE AWAY THE 2,500, THAT'S ALL I ASK OF YOU. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

Also, if the 300 dollars is the reason why we are both being banned, I do not have the money at the moment. I can easily keep it all, as I'm sure Jason would still be content and agree with this decision.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Pierce

legitimate non-trolling sincerity:

That was a really good post

The only problem is

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=90575

ADHD admitted "it"
Really? I don't see him admitting anything. :)

You linked to something that doesn't exist.
ADHD made a blog and it was removed saying he paid jason...why was it removed.

A good king protects his subjects from themselves. That's all.
rofl good **** inui you got on that fast LOL

-__- if only you'd seen it yesterday xD
We all know it was made though so it doesn't really matter if you deleted it Inui.
Huh? There's no proof, though. I didn't delete anything.

Only evidence that exists matters in this courtroom, no?

I believe I will join Pierce in stepping up to bat for M2K in any way I can.
LOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

and the plot thickens

i climaxed like 5 times

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Snakeee gave me 20 dollars to throw the set to him in losers because he wanted a shot at Riddle who was also in losers, DUN DUN DUN

ADHD

Smash Hero

I cannot defend clients that incriminate themselves...

Say what you want. Splitting was not in the rule I was eliminated from the Top 16 for, and since this is so corporate.. the words do not involve me or m2k.

TP

Smash Master
Allegations without hard evidence (even if the evidence was recently "misplaced") and an explanation that the set was legitimate (regardless of any friendly gifts afterward) seems like more than enough doubt to make banning unreasonable.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Say what you want. Splitting was not in the rule I was eliminated from the Top 16 for, and since this is so corporate.. the words do not involve me or m2k.
Doesn't matter. You made yourself look worse, and now they have grounds to accuse you of paying M2K to forfeit or something.

You should have kept your mouth shut and let the grown-ups fix the problem for you, child.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom