• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 MLG 2010 Season Feedback and Suggestion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
For the record...there were water fountains by the bathrooms. But yeah...it would be nice if water bottles or cups of water were given out for easier access.

Definitely consider seeding by location. It's understandable that with 128/256 people, seeding by location isn't as important as skill, but paying $35 to travel to a tourney and then playing first round someone you already meet at weekly/monthly tournaments is kind of lame. Ask reputable local TOs for help with this. Again, it's understandable that this isn't always feasible, but some effort would be nice.

Allow Wiimotes. It's quite obvious that some players had a handicap because they were not allowed to use their controller preference. As long as they are willing to accept the possibility of interference and not complain about it, it shouldn't be a problem.

Other than those three suggestions, everything else was pretty much superb.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Seeding will not be changing. The procedure is uniform across all games and has been performed the same way for many years. Believe me, I know how to seed, I use location/crew/skill/AND pool based seeding at my underground tournaments.

MLG is all about finding out who is best, and removing any possible bias from the formula.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Arn't that bad still means bannable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2awuCWxgdJM
Skip to 3:00 is more then a reason for pictochat
Random bad luck is random, you can also fall through the transitions of castle siege to your death so using your logic we should ban it. You can also fall through Delfino to your death as well but that won't be banned either.

As far as the water situation, I personally feel that I shouldn't have to leave the venue to hydrate myself. Not to mention that a few sips of water make you have to wait in line again which is just obnoxious. Even though Dr. Pepper is delicious, moderation is key and 5~10 cans in one day isn't good for anyone even if they're the peak of health.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Random bad luck is random, you can also fall through the transitions of castle siege to your death so using your logic we should ban it. You can also fall through Delfino to your death as well but that won't be banned either.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfjvTR81mgE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVXN1Zr6f8Y

The stage does it during certain time periods and certain places, "stage transformation" (safer to stay in air when the stage is changing in frigate?)

Grass stage of PS1 : At that location
Castle Seige , not using landing aireals onto stage during a transformation (never seen it go through from stage 1 -) stage 2 though )

While I have to avoid the entire left stage of pictochat or every 11 seconds it transforms hoping that it doesnt kill me. if I dont want to be "unlucky" I guess I shouldn't even be hit in the first place then.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
NOOOO! MORE bans makes the problem worse. Think about it. You add a stage and a ban. You use that ban on the stage you don't like. MK GETS AN EXTRA BAN. He still has mad broken stages to choose from.

SCREW THAT.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
More bans does NOT make the problem worse Pierce, I've been using two for ages, and I might move to 3.

MK's going to have an option no matter what, don't build the system around him.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
Wishlist
1. stage list change - other people have more time than me to argue about this, i'll let them do it

2. Bracelets - the thing fell off due to showering, and i had to buy a spectator pass because of it, i also couldn't play friendlies on day 3 due to them not allowing spectators in the play area. I dunno, I feel like i got punished for good hygiene, which shouldn't happen.

3. more food - i was hungry, couldn't risk running out for food till i got eliminated, all day hotpockets would've been amazing

also, my 2 cents on the stage list, if you gave a very conservative list (like the tijuana list), and just skipped banning stages, that would actually fix the problem of having random stages while still allowing everyone a solid counterpick

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Wishlist
1. stage list change - other people have more time than me to argue about this, i'll let them do it

2. Bracelets - the thing fell off due to showering, and i had to buy a spectator pass because of it, i also couldn't play friendlies on day 3 due to them not allowing spectators in the play area. I dunno, I feel like i got punished for good hygiene, which shouldn't happen.

3. more food - i was hungry, couldn't risk running out for food till i got eliminated, all day hotpockets would've been amazing

also, my 2 cents on the stage list, if you gave a very conservative list (like the tijuana list), and just skipped banning stages, that would actually fix the problem of having random stages while still allowing everyone a solid counterpick
Yeah you got shafted on the wristband thing, I think you may have told me about your plight irl but I didn't wanna say anything. I showered all three days too and even ripped my wristband off Sunday morning but they gave me another competitor's bracelet so I dunno how they were doing that...

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Some way to post brackets on a large screen (or at least current matches) will be much appreciated, due to loud noise not being able to hear calls, and always having to check, waiting in a long line to look for future matches.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
I went to two events, and these are some things I would like to see:

1) Pools (if time) or SOME sort of seeding outside of online qualifiers.

2) Some sort of water sponsor for free water as opposed to only soda (doubt you have any control over this, though...lol).

3) Live stream (if Nintendo would just consent, this would be an amazing addition). I feel this is an important step for the Brawl-MLG relationship

4) More Brawl hype in general. The Smash community is great, and I feel the game got the shaft a lot this season in comparison to other games. The publicity, main stages, etc for other games whose fan bases didn't show half the hype we did for Brawl was kind of disappointing.

5) Wii mote's being allowed. It wasn't a problem for me, but some really good players (like Y.b.M., Ultimate Razor, Logic until he picked up GC controlelr for good) really got the shaft not being able to use their preferred control methods. I think the rule banning the wii mote is rediculous, and I see no reasonable justification for it. This issue should be one of the first things looked in to next season.

6) Work closer with the smash community on rule set, ask us what we would like to see (ie, this thread) and actually WORK to follow up on it. We really appreciate MLG, and we want to see it grow and get better and better.

7) Keep us on the circuit.

Can't wait for next season!

Tesh

Smash Hero
Ban Sonic from 2011 MLG. Or remove the timer. That had to be the most boring pro bracket ever.

PMC66

Smash Journeyman
I still can't believe STeve Urkel (Gnes) won Dallas I wanted Esam or the two sonics to win.

I wanted all the MKS to get pwned though theyplay like complete noobs and as per usual theres an MK in a grand final....

US brawl nationals are boring in general why is it the rest of the world have watchable grand finals but in US everyone stalls and camps too much?

can anyone tell me what the hell happened with DEHF? he won Apex how did he not even get into pro bracket lol?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
If BPC had his way we'd all be playing matches on Hyrule Temple.
troll

but yeah, a actual ruleset that makes sense would be appreciated.

oh and sam (bigfoot) how did yours come off? I'M STILL WEARING MINE!

King~

Smash Champion
I still can't believe STeve Urkel (Gnes) won Dallas I wanted Esam or the two sonics to win.

I wanted all the MKS to get pwned though theyplay like complete noobs and as per usual theres an MK in a grand final....

US brawl nationals are boring in general why is it the rest of the world have watchable grand finals but in US everyone stalls and camps too much?

can anyone tell me what the hell happened with DEHF? he won Apex how did he not even get into pro bracket lol?
then the rest of the world should have came to an MLG to stop mk from making it to the finals.

DEHF made it to the championship bracket he was in losers though, he lost to espy in the am bracket and then tyrant in loser of the championship bracket

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

DEHF won apex2 cause he fought an OLIMAR(a MU he knows very well) in the GFs. Free money. I wanted to see a sonic and pika in the GFs of MLG too but diddy and gnes both **** those chars. im proud of gnes. he earned that ****.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I would enjoy MLG events far more if Super Smash Bros. Melee were added to the circuit. All things considered, though, the events were ran very well. I think most things I could think of were stated already.

RichBrown

Smash Master
If there was any way we could get a giant projector, or at least share the giant projector with Tekken, that'd be amazing. The smash crowd is already very diligent and hyped about watching finals, and we all took time to watch other games on their big screens. It would be really cool to have us on a big projector as well so everyone else could watch our game too.

Please keep us on the circuit for MLG 2011, these MLGs were amazing!!

Duckman

Smash Rookie
And there are some more radical new technology things we could do to inform people about their matches and get them to their stations.
As a player who missed their first match because of quiet announcing and faulty info from the info booth, I support this. Staring at a tiny crowded screen to see some info was manageable, but not the best.

The only other suggestion I have, well...come back to C-bus :awesome:

Edited for grammar fail*

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
I would enjoy MLG events far more if Super Smash Bros. Melee were added to the circuit. All things considered, though, the events were ran very well. I think most things I could think of were stated already.
Honestly, im surprise melee players didnt come in here and troll before now.

not saying that strongbad is a troll, but i expected this type of post to be on page 1.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
MLG was amazing. It was run smoothly, the bracket was run timely, the people were great, the size was great, the atmosphere was great, and everything was just amazing. There were, however, 3-4 problems that can be easily alleviated.

1. The microphone wasn't that loud. Yes you could hear your matches, but it was hard to hear station numbers and when Tekken was being called the volume of that drowned out anything the Smash Desk could be saying.

2. Have water available either in the form of fountains IN the venue (Not having to go outside near the bathrooms. If there are bathrooms inside and the fountains are near them like in MLG Orlando its fine.) or bottled water, aside from Dasani water. It has salt and laxatives in it and it is just really bad tasting and actually makes me thirstier than before I drank.

3. Benches. Unless you were playing you weren't allowed to sit anywhere but the floor. When high-level Tekken matches were on (And thus the Tekken people were using their 2 benches) Smash players have nowhere to sit but the floor. I mean, that is fine, but it hurts your neck after you are watching matches for 3 days with your neck and a bad angle. It would be nice to have a group of benches for Smash so that when high profile matches on stations 1-4 were going on a whole bunch of people could watch. However, as the bracket starts winding down they become unnecessary because it is actually easier to have everybody sit on the floor. THat isn't bad when it is like 4-5 sets, but when it is the entire day it can put a strain on the neck, which isn't good for ANY gamer.

4. A big screen that you can tell your matches before they happen. Let's say somebody is hungry but they aren't sure if they are in heat 2 or 3, and heat 1 is winding down. They can't go get food because they might be DQ'd for not being there, but if they are in heat 3 they wasted half an hour that they could've gone to eat with. Then if they are in heat 3, they can't go get food before the next round starts.

Those are my only complaints. There are hundreds of things I can say that MLG did right, but it is much easier to find what they did wrong.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Honestly, im surprise melee players didnt come in here and troll before now.

not saying that strongbad is a troll, but i expected this type of post to be on page 1.
As did I. Both communities troll each other all the time, it's stupid. :/

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
That's not even trolling, that's just stating an opinion. Trolling has become so popular that people don't see the difference nowadays :urg:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Yea, all i can see is what alot of people have said already:

1. some type of easier-accessible water
2. big screen for current matches and TVs, or better yet to show matches
3. let the wiimote users do their thing. I know it would suck *** if someone told me i couldnt use a GC controller at a brawl tourney. (that energizer promo idea the other poster had is genius lol)
4. i really didnt care sitting on the floor, but i guess some more benches if possible
5. better locations in all. Orlando texas and DC were good (DC except for how expensive public transportation was), but there should be some other more hype spots for MLG than raleigh and columbus (no disrespect to those two cities..but theres more hype EC/MW cities that could have a MLG event with probably more attendance, at least in brawls sake)
6. i doubt it would happen, but livestream would be pretty amazing.

and the most important...
7. keep brawl on the circuit next year :laugh:

DBSammy

Smash Ace
I'd say allow Wiimote/Nunchuck/Classic Controllers usable. My friend uses Wiimote/Nunchuck. After I told him that they weren't allowed, he was surprised. He also somewhat seriously claimed that MLG thought that people with them were too good, so they banned them.

Drop back to Columbus. Btw GameDragon, I checked the results threads on all the MLGs and Columbus had the highest attendence, by at least I think 50.

Also agree with GDX and ESAM with the uses of the projectors.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Don't ban your best players from the events. Yes, they broke rules that were clearly stated and deserved to be punished. It would have been nice for them to have a bargaining plea to enter the championships where they'd be banned from Dallas unless they paid $2000 or something. Having a tournament labeled as the national championship without having the champions competing just doesn't feel right.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Yea, all i can see is what alot of people have said already:

1. some type of easier-accessible water
2. big screen for current matches and TVs, or better yet to show matches
3. let the wiimote users do their thing. I know it would suck *** if someone told me i couldnt use a GC controller at a brawl tourney. (that energizer promo idea the other poster had is genius lol)
4. i really didnt care sitting on the floor, but i guess some more benches if possible
5. better locations in all. Orlando texas and DC were good (DC except for how expensive public transportation was), but there should be some other more hype spots for MLG than raleigh and columbus (no disrespect to those two cities..but theres more hype EC/MW cities that could have a MLG event with probably more attendance, at least in brawls sake)
6. i doubt it would happen, but livestream would be pretty amazing.

and the most important...
7. keep brawl on the circuit next year :laugh:

Lol Columbus had the biggest attendance for brawl xD

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
That's not even trolling, that's just stating an opinion. Trolling has become so popular that people don't see the difference nowadays :urg:
alot of trolls can come off as opinions.

that opinion could also be a statement meant to purposely rouse a negative response from another person.

in the past, many melee trolls would go into MLG threads and state how MLG would be better with melee on it, just to get brawlheads mad.

strongbads post could have easily been confused for a troll.

eviljar626

Smash Rookie
so does anybody know where I can find the mlg seasons final point standings??? Regardless of the ban Id like to know. Did I miss it?

eviljar626

Smash Rookie
well congrats sir. youve done the unthhinkable. Hey so have you ever played anther???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom