• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MKGD: A new Bat watches over the town

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Oh boy, another mod to give me infractions.

SWF, WHY DO YOU MAKE TROLLING SO HARD!?!

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Oh boy, another mod to give me infractions.

SWF, WHY DO YOU MAKE TROLLING SO HARD!?!
Your soul is mine. :flame:

Although you've already gained a plus in my book with the Haruhi avatar.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I'm glad you told me that before I decided to change it.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
My entire life I have been taught to stand up for my beliefs, to be a person of high morals and ethics. That's why I feel obligated to feed the starving, house the homeless, cure the sick, and still find wonder and awe in the sunrise and the moonlight. I want to share this with you because Metaknight is secretly planning to rob us of our lives, our health, our honor, and our belongings. I realize that that may sound rather conspiratorial and farfetched to most people, which is why you need to understand that Metaknight doesn't care about freedom, as he can neither eat it nor put it in the bank. It's just a word to him. I've never bothered him. Yet he wants to force us to adopt rigid social roles that compromise our inner code of ethics. Whatever happened to "live and let live"?

Some will say I exaggerate but actually I'm being quite lenient. I didn't mention, for example, that Metaknight's list of sins is long and each one deserves more space than I have here. Therefore, rather than describe each one individually, I'll summarize by stating that he plans to make things worse. He has instructed his toadies not to discuss this or even admit to his plan's existence. Obviously, Metaknight knows he has something to hide. If I had to choose the most abhorrent specimen from his welter of revolting gabble, it would have to be his claim that it is his moral imperative to incite young people to copulate early, often, and indiscriminately while using him as a character. The recent outrage at Metaknight's morals may point to a brighter future. For now, however, I must leave you knowing that Metaknight has a deficiency of real goals.

Thank you, and good afternoon.

tl;dr: ally vs m2k was awesome

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Some say that M2K was sandbagging so MK wouldn't get banned.

I personally think its bull.
People really need to stop saying this. Why would he sandbag when there is a very large amount of money on the line?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
M2K doesn't sandbag, guys. He's said so himself that he hates sandbagging.

And how would it affect the MK ban debate if he won Genesis or not? There were still 3 MKs in the top 4 so a lot of people will cite that in their arguments.

On the other hand though, the rest of the top8 didn't have any MKs. If you compare that to WHOBO (7 MKs + CO18), it seems like the problem is becoming less and less and only the players who really dedicate themselves to maining MK are performing well with him.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I think 3 MKs in the top 4 doesn't matter much when they're all really good players and the fact that 2/3 of those MKs got beaten by a Snake.

MK in general didn't seem to dominate Genesis from what I can tell, and I think at this point right now that Snake/MK is definitely even, or at the very least stage-dependent.

etecoon

Smash Hero
On the other hand though, the rest of the top8 didn't have any MKs. If you compare that to WHOBO (7 MKs + CO18), it seems like the problem is becoming less and less and only the players who really dedicate themselves to maining MK are performing well with him.
WHOBO was an anomaly to begin with that could have been seen coming miles away based on who was attending, xyro and the MK ban people just seized the moment and cited it to start an argument anywhere possible because it favored their agenda.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
WHOBO was an anomaly to begin with that could have been seen coming miles away based on who was attending, xyro and the MK ban people just seized the moment and cited it to start an argument anywhere possible because it favored their agenda.
Yeah, I really didn't see the big deal anyway since everyone in Texas uses MK.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
No one in tx mains meta except dojo and maybe one other.

EVERYBODY else us shim when they are about to lose a set. This is just ONE of the reason why xyro banned him at his events.

Underload

Lazy
The question you guys should be asking is, "Is Metaknight broken in some way?"

That's the ONLY reason he should ever be banned.

scrub said:
LOLOLOL HES THE BEST CHARACTER IN THE GAME!
Yeah, every fighter has one of those, deal with it and learn to overcome it.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
No one in tx mains meta except dojo and maybe one other.

EVERYBODY else us shim when they are about to lose a set. This is just ONE of the reason why xyro banned him at his events.
I was kidding, geez.

etecoon

Smash Hero
And how successful are they typically in this? In my experience people who don't play meta switching to meta doesn't usually allow them to do any better, if you think he's too good(as you said, for various other reasons) that's one thing, but "people switch to him" would sound pretty silly to me unless it's like "people switch to him and then they win when they couldn't on their mains", which I never see happen unless their mains are mid tier or lower...

love the third person :)

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Correct.

Players who have "switched" to Metaknight and have succeeded such as DSF were already at the top of the metagame with their previous character (in DSF's case Snake).

To paint a picture, the path to victory and its difficulty is our choice. By using a bottom tier character, we take short strides and barely make it to the end. When using a top tier character, strides are much longer thus obtaining victory is much easier.

Characters like Metaknight, Snake, and Falco clearly have the safest route.

A person of any intelligence and any knowledge of the game can efficiently use a better character and increase their chances of winning. In the highest level of competition, only those who have obtained victory frequently and understand the path a character takes will be able to change characters and achieve the same result.

If Ally switched to Metaknight, he may or may not do better (although doing better than 1st would be very tough). If Mew2King switched to Snake, he may or may not do better. We can all agree that, regardless, there are powerful minds behind these powerful characters. This is why these same people can switch to another high tier character and be just as successful as a person who has mained that character their entire Smash career.

etecoon

Smash Hero
Around 55% of the community wants MK banned, whether or not the SBR approves of it says nothing about the community that we don't already know, I wouldn't blame someone for quitting if they had over a year of their time wasted, but "lol the community is so scrub like" would be a pointless excuse, if MK were to be banned tomorrow it wouldn't reflect a change in the community, it is what it is.

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
Same. If he is ban that proves how many brawl scrubs there are.
I know right? That's what I've been saying.

And you know what I REALLY hate? How MK is the only character that you can't even spam a little bit with without being criticized. When Ike jabs 10 times in a row they're all like "LOLOL gud ike dude" or if falco lasers for 20 seconds straight they're like "OMG sick falco". There are characters in this game who spam a lot more than MK, but all the hate goes towards him. This community is full of *****.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
the only thing that is unfair about MK is he doesn't have any bad match ups. But it's not like he has a 70:30 on 90% of the cast. Some matchups like Wario and Snake are fairly even. I found out he's banned at the nearest tourny I can go to (Hobo) so I don't really use him anymore. When I move I will probably pick him up again.

etecoon

Smash Hero
This community is full of *****.
see, if MK got banned in the future, it's doesn't prove/change anything, you already have your opinion on this group of people, so why act like you'd be quitting because of that when "the community being *****" hasn't caused you to do so yet? just call it what it is, you don't want to spend the time on a new character, you don't have fun with other characters, or you're afraid that you won't do as well with other characters, or some combination of those three, if it had anything to do with the community you'd already be gone.

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
actually, the biggest reason why I'm quitting if he gets banned is because I ave been maining meta for a year. If he gets banned, then my work will go down the toilet.

Vecayse

Smash Apprentice
Seriously I find this really annoying. I've finally settled on maining a character I really enjoy, and I hope to get into competitive smash pretty soon. If he gets banned it's just gna be ********. I mean why is there a need to ban any character? It's not like an MK has won every single tournament there is or like he's never been beaten before.

No character should be banned, the game wouldn't be the same. Plus having to spend time on a character you don't like as much as MK just because a few scrubs out there decided to ban him from tourneys seems like fail to me.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Hey guys I'd like to buddy up with some really good MKs (can't do decent as I am decent, I need someone who wil lrape me with a cause) so I can improve. Anybody up for wifi? Soonest I can play might be two weeks, so I'd exchange info (AIM and such)

Top Bottom