• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MKGD: A new Bat watches over the town

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I wanted a witty answer to that, and only could think of "But, can it Bair?"

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Haha. xD

This is probably a stretch but, do any of you play wifi?

Would you like to play wifi some time?
All this recent smash hype makes me wanna play around again.

sGale

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sGaley
3DS FC
4484-8977-1421
I play wifi from time to time, and I havn't lagged that much with americans, so we can give it a shot sometime :) I'm not home right now but I'm getting home tommorow, so anytime after that :)

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Eh, I don't really play much Wifi (I've played like 3 times in my whole life), but if it is against one (or some) of the people here I wouldn't mind :3

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I only use B-air occasionally when it's appropriate, I guess you could say it's a 'Bair necessity'
*yeeeaaaaahh.mp3*

But no, I don't do wifi. My internet is already terrible as it is. let alone on brawl

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
I do wifi, but my connection is weird...I got a good connection with a friend in Ohio though so we could give it a shot XD

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
I am glad that you and your friend got a good connection with you :) Oh, I kinda do wifi but not so regularly, I think since you are located in Cincy and I am located in Cincy as of now, I am sure we can probably expect a good connection. That is if you want to wifi...

sGale

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sGaley
3DS FC
4484-8977-1421
I posted a video in the critique thread, so if you could check it out it would be appreciated :)

Master Raven

Smash Master
I tried wifi again a little while back and I ****ing hate it now. I get little to no improvement from playing and I just get too frustrated from the lag. I sincerely hope Smash 4 has good wifi this time.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I've always hated wifi but played it because I don't have anyone to practice with in person

Hoping SSB4 is better but the Wii U so far isn't encouraging, the console still doesn't have an ethernet jack unless you buy a USB accessory and the eshop still gives me the impression that Nintendo are still novices at this "internet" thing

Heartstring

Smash Legend
It's a bit of both, Of course you're going to lag more if the participants have a crappy connection, However the netcode for brawl was also GARBAGE. there was always at least a small bit of lag no matter what.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Hi :) So as some people know I'm learning MK now. Is this a good place to post questions and game play stuff? I see some familiar avatars from other forums, lol :awesome:.

I have a few questions.
My offstage MK game is ***; how can I improve and are there any spacing tactics I should know about?
How should the ZSS MU be played? ZSS has a lot of good anti-MK tools and I find her very hard to approach, to be specific.

This was the social so I bumped it. I hope that's okay.
Edit, just saw Q&A thread. My bad. This can be my intro post instead.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Hi :) So as some people know I'm learning MK now. Is this a good place to post questions and game play stuff? I see some familiar avatars from other forums, lol :awesome:.

I have a few questions.
My offstage MK game is ***; how can I improve and are there any spacing tactics I should know about?
How should the ZSS MU be played? ZSS has a lot of good anti-MK tools and I find her very hard to approach, to be specific.

This was the social so I bumped it. I hope that's okay.
Edit, just saw Q&A thread. My bad. This can be my intro post instead.

For your first question, it'll depend on the matchup. In MK dittos you can basically go ham offstage as long as you're underneath mk and within range to attack (for instance you can glide to an MK offstage, cancel it and go below the MK and then either Nair, or Uair/UpB if he tornadoes depending on spacing. That's just one of many examples in that specific matchup). In other matchups like ZSS or Diddy it can get trickier because they have some ways of tricking an MK out from gimping them. There are some characters that simply don't die the moment they get offstage, but rather they get edgeguarded easily, so focus on edgeguarding first before going straight for crazy gimps.

Now your second question. I play Nick Riddle a lot so I've been learning a lot about this matchup (and recently Shaky is picking up ZSS so I get even more practice).

Glide attacks and tornado are my favorite ways to approach a ZSS. Glide attack is great because it outranges nearly everything she has, and it clanks with and sometimes even beats her side B if you time it properly, which isn't too hard. Tornado is great because it beats just nearly everything she does (obv don't do grounded tornado because it can be beat by her side B and grab). Granted she has answers to tornado spam; e.g. she can run fast enough from it to punish you, or she can carefully space a downB into the top-middle of it, or she can actually beat it with Dsmash if you don't space it correctly, but that is where you'll learn to use tornado in a smarter fashion. Just think of it like hadouken spam: there's an intelligent reasoning behind every hadouken; top players wouldn't just mindlessly spam it. Treat tornado the same way. Mainly use it when you think she's going to try to defend from your approaching.

The thing about ZSS that catches many players off guard is that her hitboxes are weird and deceptively long and/or wide, so people who don't know the matchup very well run into a lot of her **** easily.

A few examples: be aware of her Utilt as it has a wider hitbox on the first few frames than it may seem at first glance. Get the hang of the "dead zone" of her SideB, which is somewhat in the middle of the whip but a bit closer to her character model. Once you know this range, you can shield and you won't get pushed back when she throws it out, so you can grab her out of it at that point. Be careful of her Dsmashes when she's on platforms as the hitbox is huge enough that it's easy to get hit by it if you try rushing to her from below from the side.

Gimping ZSS is probably going to be the trickiest thing about this MU as she can mix up her recovery options with either a tether or a down B, the latter which grants her invincibility up to the apex (pun not intended) of her jump. I'm still learning this aspect of the matchup so I would recommend ESAM's thread on gimping ZSS. He explains it way better than I possibly could: http://smashboards.com/threads/dont-let-salem-win-again.333825/

NH Cody

Smash Champion
I feel really bad for Heru. he lost to pwii twice apparently. what a lame way to end it.

@ Heru Heru you're still my favorite European brawler!

by the way, if any of you guys want to do some dittos online, or just in general want to friendly, I'd be glad to.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^I'll wifi sometime :) My MK needs a lot more experience. Although if you're EC our connection might not be good :/ but it's worth a try :)

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
MKs are too busy winning money to socialize.

IwishIactuallygainedmoneywithmkrightnow....

Top Bottom