• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MKGD: A new Bat watches over the town

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Well, probably... Mikeneko do very well against top MKs but he still loses. Just saying... Nothing more nothing less....

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Well, probably... Mikeneko do very well against top MKs but he still loses. Just saying... Nothing more nothing less....
True, but in theory, Top math vs. Top MK SHOULD have MK winning because its an advantageous matchup, so nothing out of the ordinary there

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Yeah, M2K said that he won a lot of times after he was used to Mikeneko but still frustrating to play I think....

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
I guess the worst part of fighting Marth is when you're on the edge and he's just waiting there, as M2K himself said, he has tons of options, so you have to take some time to think how you're getting back on stage.
It's also from my point of view one of those MU's where you should avoid to get grabbed at all cost, because even on high % the throws leave you on a bad position and he just needs to react/read you and you could easily eat a Fsmash or anything like that... or you can DI it in a way it's not that bad? I don't remember very well right now, but let's just leave it to "don't get grabbed" :D

On another note, tell me if I'm correct about the G&W MU. I have the idea that it's a MU where the best thing to do is to "abuse" range, space the most perfectly possible and poke. Off stage I don't know exactly what to do tbh. Dthrow aparently links to Dsmash no matter if you tech/tech roll or not. Turtle can be punished with GSL OoS or something very fast before the hitbox that comes out when it lands(no that easy to do at least for me).

Any advice/tips on this MU??

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I guess the worst part of fighting Marth is when you're on the edge and he's just waiting there, as M2K himself said, he has tons of options, so you have to take some time to think how you're getting back on stage.
It's also from my point of view one of those MU's where you should avoid to get grabbed at all cost, because even on high % the throws leave you on a bad position and he just needs to react/read you and you could easily eat a Fsmash or anything like that... or you can DI it in a way it's not that bad? I don't remember very well right now, but let's just leave it to "don't get grabbed" :D

On another note, tell me if I'm correct about the G&W MU. I have the idea that it's a MU where the best thing to do is to "abuse" range, space the most perfectly possible and poke. Off stage I don't know exactly what to do tbh. Dthrow aparently links to Dsmash no matter if you tech/tech roll or not. Turtle can be punished with GSL OoS or something very fast before the hitbox that comes out when it lands(no that easy to do at least for me).

Any advice/tips on this MU??
I think the thing with being on the ledge vs. marth is not so much that he has lots of options on the ledge. It's more the fact that All of MK's ledge options are covered by Marths options in this scenario. Really if you think about it, Marth can put up shield when we come off the ledge and can react to whatever we do. It requires some tricky play on your part. playing stupidly from the ledge is going to get you killed, particularly vs. marth.

As for G&W. you can play your normal game at lower percents, But as soon as you hit 80% or so, You start playing more spacy-defensively sorta style, and you're golden. G&W doesn't have any premier kill moves, His Smashes are surprisingly strong and high-range, but not nearly fast enough to be able to come out of nowhere And while his Fair is easier to land, it's not nearly strong enough to be considered a reliable kill move.
Just make sure you don't get grabbed at high percents. I can't remember for sure, but if you don't tech the Dthrow I THINK he gets a guaranteed dsmash on us (someone check this for me). And even if we do tech, If he reads the tech correctly (1 in 3 chance) then we're dead.
tl;dr: Play safe above 80%

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
Thing with Gaw is that our spaced tilts keep him away and force him into unsafe options on shield which we can punish with Grab and GSL. Srsly GSL destroys GAW.

sGale

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sGaley
3DS FC
4484-8977-1421
I'd say that's his D-Taunt. ''Humph...''
Also, gonna leave to London on Wenesday for 4 days with some friends SO EXCITED!!

sGale

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sGaley
3DS FC
4484-8977-1421
Smash? Nah, don't have time for that. Gotta experience the city. Might go there for a tourney sometime though, if it's big enough.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Smash? Nah, don't have time for that. Gotta experience the city. Might go there for a tourney sometime though, if it's big enough.
What experience? London is garbage man, I should know, I go there all the time
We got tournaments next month, nothing untill then though

sGale

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sGaley
3DS FC
4484-8977-1421
Meh, this is like the fourth time I visit another country, so it's cool for me :( And if I'm gonna go to OoC tourneys, Finland and Norway are prioritised, much cheaper :p
So I take it you guys saw the smash 4 trailer. Any hype for it? :D

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Fair enough, Avoid going to: Hackney, Walthamstow, Peckham, Tottenham. You're likely to get mugged in those areas.

And I have so much hype for the new games. Wii fit trainer is a boss

etecoon

Smash Hero
WFTrainer too gud

New BF map looks nifty

Mega Man appears to be all projectiles with very little CQC ability, he's basically going to be an even more obnoxious TL

Skyward Sword Link + SS map hype, love the art style in that game

I doubt Snake is coming back :(

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
I really hope Zelda get somewhat useful and MK coming back, WFTrainer looks fun as hell, and Villager hasn't fully convinced me yet

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Well, I think WFT will take her rightful place as the top of the top tiers from MK? :troll: You know, she is fit and healthy....

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
I don't know man, WFT says hello :p It is either Villager or WFT taking the top. Megaman and Meta Knight for the trash tier because Sakurai likes to play as him :troll: Seriously though, I wonder if Meta Knight will make a come back. If he does, I wonder how he will be. Will he have that transcendent thing again thanks to his sword?

Master Raven

Smash Master
spaced dairs, and abuse tornado since he's a chunkass. throw him off stage and then **** with his recovery. if he's upBing from below the edge, you can interrupt it with a grab, and then you just keep pummeling and he'll fall below and will have to upB once more. just keep repeating that until you miss. You can also DACUS DDD with a dash grab+pummel. Everything else is basically reacting to whatever he does, mostly with grabs, tornados, and Nair... the MU is super bad lol

Master Raven

Smash Master
I don't know a better way to put it. I know it's not a DACUS, but basically you dash grab DDD if he's anywhere around the edge of the stage, and then you immediately pummel and you'll slide off stage with him (just as you would DACUS by dash attacking up close against someone standing on the edge). You'll be able hit him with a quick aerial, usually Nair.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Yes. You can even do it in the middle of his ascending upB recovery. I don't always do it, especially if the DDD is good at teching *cough*seibrik*cough* but it's not bad as a mixup, you still put them in a dangerous position vs MK and it's really good if they're at kill % since most people aren't good at teching really fast knockback at that point.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Yeah it's just exclusive to DDD. Thank god cuz if you could do it on other characters MK would be banned for life LOL

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well I dunno about that, it's situational enough as it is to dashgrab someone that close to the ledge. and then there's the buffered pummel on top of that, i think everyone can jump-Airdodge anything you do apart from nair or uair....or dair...
okay so it is kinda broken

sGale

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sGaley
3DS FC
4484-8977-1421
Went to tourney today, got third losing to Fox and Toon Link. I realised I play better when I'm down like one stock or something. I don't get as nervous like when I have a lead and I have to keep it. Might get some videos up later.

Top Bottom